• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

aku:jiki

A Reaper that gets shot down, or EMP'd, or that does effectively nothing when all of the killed players' tags are denied before your guys can get to them.
My Reaper almost never gets shot down and I've saved countless close matches by taking out a guy planting the bomb or capping that crucial flag. Go figure.

My Osprey Gunners do get taken out the instant I get to start shooting, though, and that's bullshit. A 17 killstreak needs like 5 flares.

Seriously speaking, though, running head first into every single dogtag you see is a very unintelligent way to play. Better to skip some and keep that streak going.

And I didnt say he should run head first into every dog tag. What I said is that I didnt notice him grab a SINGLE ONE despite being very close to them, several times.

No, the video was fine.

Ya know what, I'm not even gonna waste my time bitching. Play the game however ya want, you bought it.

Yep, i'll keep playing to win.

And I didnt say he should run head first into every dog tag. What I said is that I didnt notice him grab a SINGLE ONE despite being very close to them, several times.

you should watch again then and pay better attention.

Just hit level 40. Oh god so boring. The same shit with even worse spawning points. I can't tell you how many times I've re-spawned right behind the guy who killed me to give him a revenge kill. The design is HORRIBLE. Also, are the levels smaller this time? They seem really cramped. Domination is all borked.

someone running a support class who isn't in danger of having their kill streak reset by running towards the big glowy target. I'd rather have my teammates calling in UAVS that are going to help us more than one reaper or strafe run.

Assualt has a way higher killing potential than support, and uav's are just as likely to get shot down, even more so since they don't have flares and can't fire anything back.

Meadows

Banned
How about people stop complaining and shitting up the thread with constant talk of how boring it is or how laggy it is. There are some people trying to discuss tactics/loadouts and it's getting swamped with people complaining all the fucking time.

If you don't like it STOP FUCKING PLAYING IT, nobody is forcing you to keep playing when you're obviously not having a good time. If MW3 isn't as good a Black Ops/BF3/Tetris then great! Go play those games! They're still there, MW3 hasn't killed/raped the games and then forced you to start playing it instead, you still have the option to go back and play them instead.

There are some people trying to build a community of players on GAF, players who enjoy the game and think that while it has its flaws, it's still a game that they enjoy spending time on.

Haters gonna hate. Suck my dick.

Swag out.

SteveWD40

Hoping for:

Overgrown, Bog, Pipeline...fuck it all the Cod4 maps.

I think MW3 could be a gem if they get some bigger maps in there with a better spawn system.

Edit: and yes, Meadows, what you said, although I think there is an argument for letting the developers know the spawns are fucked so we can hope for a fix...

Meadows

Banned
I'm hoping for:

CoD4:

Crossfire, Killhouse, Overgrown

MW2:

Terminal, Favela, Derail

Edit: and yes, Meadows, what you said, although I think there is an argument for letting the developers know the spawns are fucked so we can hope for a fix...

yeah, sure, but when the thread just becomes 80% complaints it gets really irritating

edit: yeah, and bog? Really? That map was horrible!

aku:jiki

The Xtortionist said:
That's why you use Ballistic Vest and Recon Drone.
Your ballistic vests do far less for your team than my multiple assault streaks per match do.

Swag out.
The irony is awesome. You post more stupid, pointless shit than anyone complaining about lag does. Swag that.

SteveWD40 said:
You crazy!

I'm up for Skidrow. I've always liked Underpass, Salvage, Sub Base and Scrapyard too.

Yep, i'll keep playing to win.

Thats great and all but you still didnt answer my original question which is = If youre going to play like that why not just play TDM? It'd be the same thing except you wouldnt be completely ignoring the main objective of the game type.

And if the rest of your team "played to win" like you do, you wouldnt be winning anything.

I love Kill Confirmed. But it's still not perfect. I'm not sure whats worse.
A. Someone who ignores the dog tags entirely.
B. Someone who sits there and camps the tags instead of collecting them.

Weird that your game went to 90 kills though. Is that some sort of PC private room/special rules kinda thing?

X-Frame

I always allow teammates to grab the dog tags I put down if we're both on the way to grab it since we both get points.

I feel like some people don't realize that both parties get the points if you allow others to grab them for you. Of course if no teammates in sight I will attempt to grab them if there's little danger.

I always allow teammates to grab the dog tags I put down if we're both on the way to grab it since we both get points.

I feel like some people don't realize that both parties get the points if you allow others to grab them for you. Of course if no teammates in sight I will attempt to grab them if there's little danger.

Well sure man. I dont care who grabs my tags and if I grab yours or his or hers. Thats the point of the game, grab tags. This guy up here had little to no interest in doing so. So...just play team death!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'm hoping for:

CoD4:

Crossfire, Killhouse, Overgrown

MW2:

Terminal, Favela, Derail

yeah, sure, but when the thread just becomes 80% complaints it gets really irritating

edit: yeah, and bog? Really? That map was horrible!
Seriously?
Never met anyone who liked that map.

Meadows

Banned
Seriously?
Never met anyone who liked that map.

I liked its scale really, although it was a shame that gameplay was focused on the factory/rail-yard end of the map as opposed to the town side (which was pretty cool). I got so many amazing killstreaks on the top of the roofs of those buildings! I'd love to go again with my L188A

How about people stop complaining and shitting up the thread with constant talk of how boring it is or how laggy it is. There are some people trying to discuss tactics/loadouts and it's getting swamped with people complaining all the fucking time.

If you don't like it STOP FUCKING PLAYING IT, nobody is forcing you to keep playing when you're obviously not having a good time. If MW3 isn't as good a Black Ops/BF3/Tetris then great! Go play those games! They're still there, MW3 hasn't killed/raped the games and then forced you to start playing it instead, you still have the option to go back and play them instead.

There are some people trying to build a community of players on GAF, players who enjoy the game and think that while it has its flaws, it's still a game that they enjoy spending time on.

Swag out.

Those are some awesome tactics and loadouts, bro.

Yeah! Who cares about actually trying to win the game? FUCK THAT! MORE KILLSTREAKS!

Jesus.

I think the problem here is that they need to make the dog tags count towards the point streak to some degree. In all the game modes i am motivated to take down enemy turrets and capture objectives because they count as points, if the dog tags were at least two per point, people would be grabbing them more.

Hoping for:

I think we could do without wetwork and showdown. I also don't think Countdown would be playable unless they added a bunch of shit to protect people from killstreaks. Even in CoD4 countdown, wetwork, and showdown had a lot of spawn kills that happened as a result of air strikes.

I dont know shit about video games other than how to play them. Some of them, heh.

So all I hear about is the lack of dedicated servers and how if the COD games just simply had them there wouldnt be this lag issue and etc. Sooooo...why dont they?

Played this weekend. Random things (360)....

- Please buff the shotguns. I want to play with them, I really do. But right now, they are TERRIBLE.
- I saw more stealth bombers and EMPs than I have during my entire run of all the CoD's combined. Every... single... game, was the screen rocking and flashing non-stop. Playing team defender, kill confirmed, and domination.
- QS'ing burns me, but Ill be honest... I havent seen it that much. And in the games I do run into it... I bail immediately. No thanks.
- Im guessing I ran into the care package glitch a few times. I havent been following everything as closely as normal, but two of my buddies told me about it. I just know there were 5-6 games where the other team got a attack helicopter or pave low 20 seconds in, and from there on out, they simply didnt stop.
- I need to find a group of people to play with that are committed to playing together when each other is online. CoD just simply refuses to put me on a competitive team. Im ALWAYS put on team "getting rolled on".
- In other CoD games, when someone went 1-21, I would go "How the hell? You should do better by accident." My worst games, even in MW2, would be 5-15, 8-20 type games. In this game, and this is after months of gameplay in the series, its the first time where if I blink, Im 0-10. Ill die, and get killed by the same guy SO QUICKLY, I often wonder if they were awarded a double kill. I had a 1-21 game... trying the whole time. Im average at best, but that should NEVER happen.

All said, the games that go well is like another hit of the CoD drug, keeps me coming back despite my complaints (of love!)

Angry Fork

I dont know shit about video games other than how to play them. Some of them, heh.

So all I hear about is the lack of dedicated servers and how if the COD games just simply had them there wouldnt be this lag issue and etc. Sooooo...why dont they?

Activision is run by cheap greedy cunts, that's about it.

PSYGN

I imagine that they would lose a significant amount of money to support the amount of players that would play on them. And Activision isn't one to let anything by for free.

When I first heard of the Elite service I was hoping they'd at least implement dedicated servers for paid subscribers.

X-Frame

Well since the .11 update (360) MW3 is unplayable for me. Not sure what they did but now I lag out like crazy every minute and teleport back and forth from the same spot for a good 15 seconds before things are back to normal.

EDIT: Well, just fired up Gears 3 to compare and the exact same thing is happening to me. So clearly, it is on my end. My bad IW. Now to figure out what it is ..

Nabs

It's not cheap. It doesn't explain why the PC version is P2P though.

It's not cheap.

Epic and DICE/EA can find the cash to give console gamers a dedi experience and their games sell a fraction of the CoD franchise.

I think it's more like Activision knows that 98% of their players don't give a fuck or know the difference.

Totally unrelated, has anyone noticed how the amount of quickscopers triples after midnight? That's when I know it's time to go to bed or play Jet Set Radio Future.

Gilatif

Just logged into elite and got this message:

Registration complete you've received your double XP!

lol my registration has been complete since day one, but I have yet to receive that double xp from elite, but I'll take it!

Same here. I got the message...but still haven't gotten my double XD.

The last few times I entered Dew XP codes it hasn't registered on the game either.

I had my best game, 18-5, when camping in the corner with a sniper rifle.

Eff this

Buff the shotguns big time I say, BLOPs was most fun for me when I was running around capping people with the olympia or stakeout, and I'm pretty annoyed the shotguns are as effective as a wet towel in MW3. Did they not test them, or are the devs anti-shotty?

Bread

Banned
Thats great and all but you still didnt answer my original question which is = If youre going to play like that why not just play TDM? It'd be the same thing except you wouldnt be completely ignoring the main objective of the game type.

And if the rest of your team "played to win" like you do, you wouldnt be winning anything.

Weird that your game went to 90 kills though. Is that some sort of PC private room/special rules kinda thing?
I'd rather get more kills than win a game. I know that will offend people here, but to me, the point of CoD is to get as many kills/least amount of deaths in a match. I was playing KC with my buddy in split screen and we both went around 40-5 because we didn't pick up dog tags. The problem with CoD is that there's no team work, so if you get stuck on a crappy team why should you bother trying to actually win? It's more fun to go 30-2 and lose than it is to go 20-15 while picking up dog tags and win.

SmokeMaxX

- In other CoD games, when someone went 1-21, I would go "How the hell? You should do better by accident." My worst games, even in MW2, would be 5-15, 8-20 type games. In this game, and this is after months of gameplay in the series, its the first time where if I blink, Im 0-10. Ill die, and get killed by the same guy SO QUICKLY, I often wonder if they were awarded a double kill. I had a 1-21 game... trying the whole time. Im average at best, but that should NEVER happen.
Spawns are terrible in this game ESPECIALLY in objective based games. I know why people hate Headquarters in this game now. It'll literally spawn you in the middle of the enemy spawn several times in a row.
Yeah! Who cares about actually trying to win the game? FUCK THAT! MORE KILLSTREAKS!

Jesus.
I don't usually agree with aku, but I'll have to agree with him here (to an extent). For the most part, I rush in to get the dog tags because I'm all about winning as fast as possible. However, IF the person is using them as bait for the enemy and constantly pounding the enemy with killstreaks, as long as that person isn't garbage, it's likely that his teammates will be able to pick up the tags and he'll help win the game. It's not like in domination where ignoring the objective gets the other team points. The person getting the kills allows his team to pick up the tags and potentially win the game. As long as that person stays alive, it's likely that the enemy won't be getting the dog tags to deny the kills.

As another way to look at it: A person gets 20 kills and no deaths and only 50% of the tags get picked up- that's +10 for the team. A person grabs all the dog tags but gets killed a lot. Goes 20-12 because he keeps getting shot in the back when he goes for the tags. That's +8 AND he's not really helping with high level killstreaks.

Granted there are exceptions, but generally in Kill Confirmed, it's smart not to die and only getting tags when you can (unless you're losing by a ton and you have to catch up or the game is close and you NEED to get the last tag).

Ok this game is officially crap. I'm not raging because I had a few bad games, literally every game except for one or two has been terrible. Now before you say "get better, you suck" I would like to point out that my KDR in MW2 and BLOPS was over 1.0. Not great, but at least I was decent.

The netcode is this game is so bad it's not even funny. On a 4 bar I'm STILL getting killed in one or two bullets while it take half a clip for me to down somebody. The maps are the worst I have EVER seen in a COD game. There's too many pathways and too much clutter scattered around. Also, everything is fucking brown and grey which makes it almost impossible to pick out character models unless you're right on top of them. The spawns are possibly the worst offender. I literally just finished playing a game of domination on Carbon where I got shot in the back immediately after spawning 8 TIMES. That is unacceptable and makes me extremely frustrated.

I'm on the verge of selling this and buying skyrim. If they took commando and OMA out of MW2 I'd just stick with that. This product is seriously a slap in the face to consumers. I feel like this shit wasn't even beta tested.

Here's what needs to happen NOW for this game to improve:

1. Put out a FREE classic map pack ASAP. The current one's are dog shit, everybody knows this. There are too many pathways and too much cover. Also, it's hard as shit to shoot down air support on many of the maps because of all the damn buildings. Give us Afghan, Terminal, Ambush, Crash, and Favela. Too bad this won't happen because Activision is a bunch of greedy neckbeard fucks.

2. INCREASE THE HEALTH. It is waaaay too low. Right now whoever sees their opponent first and has quickdraw wins the day. I've tried too many times to escape a firefight only to round the corner into cover and still die because one bullet hit me. Are you fucking kidding me? This isn't hadcore, get that shit out of here. Now I'm not saying the health needs to be as high as halo but dammit give me a fighting chance.

3. No Quick-Scoping. It's such a cheap tactic and that's coming from someone that uses it. Pull a black ops and nerf that shit now.

4. FIX THE SPAWNS! I don't think much needs to be said about this one. I have a better chance of beating kimbo slice in a fight than I do surviving 10 seconds after I spawn in MW3.

5. Drop akimbo. It's overpowered and not fun. Plus it looks stupid. Especially with the FMG-9's.

6. Fix the stats. They're off and have a tendency to disappear.

7. FIX THE HIT DETECTION. Especially with the knife. I rage so fucking hard whenever my knife misses someone at close range. FFFFUUUUU!

8. NO MORE LAG. I swear if I get killed one more time because of lag I'm going to pull a situation and smash my head through a wall. MW2 was never THIS bad, get your shit together Infinity Ward.

Shotguns are fine, they aren't supposed to kill you from across the map. And the nerfing of air support is a welcome addition.

No offense, but Jesus, I can't ever imagine going 1-21. At what point do you think to yourself, "maybe I should find another match, because this one is a lost cause"? I rage quit matches when my K/D isn't at least 2.0, and anything over five deaths is unacceptable to me.

No offense, but Jesus, I can't ever imagine going 1-21. At what point do you think to yourself, "maybe I should find another match, because this one is a lost cause"? I rage quit matches when my K/D isn't at least 2.0, and anything over five deaths is unacceptable to me.

If I don't start a game out 0-4 then it's a miracle. You get killed so fast in MW3, it's retarded. 18-5 is the best I've done in 24 hours of multiplayer. I'm seriously sitting here trying my hardest and STILL have a KDR of under .7

I'm hoping for:

MW2:

Terminal, Favela, Derail

I hated all the maps in COD4. MW2 has the best maps though. Terminal,Favela, Afghan,Highrise(minus getting on top of the building),Rust,Skidrow,Scrapyard...Loved all these maps, they all had a good combo of sniping maps along with close quarter combat...

With MW3, not so much..I hate hate hate that one map with the hole in the center..I think it takes place in New York City..I can't get a hold of how the layout of the map is..

I'm at level 49 now. Taking me forever to reach level 80. I've mostly been using the UMP w/rapid fire, Stalker Pro, Extreme Conditioning Pro, and Assassin Pro.

Edit: There have been matches for me when I start out 0-6,0-7,0-8...But I don't quit. I whip out my G36 and go to town. Usually I'll end up 6-13,8-12 but at least I killed a few baddies along the ways. Im still right at .9 K/D...If only I could get a few games like the one I had earlier today when I went 24-10 on FFA.

I know, I know. I mean, I have 12+ days in each CoD since MW1 from me and my buddies playing. This is the first where I can go 0-10 before I even know whats happening. Some games, I feel like I have to scratch and claw for each kill, and then I get killed 8 times in a row with absolutely no control over it. I mean, I do mostly good, after 10 hours of play Im over a 1.0 k/d (had a 1.48 in BLOPS), but when things turn sour in this one, it turns sour QUICK.

You're pretty dense.

the objective is to kill AND collect dog tags, and I did collect dogtags, Stop twisting facts to serve your argument. you can't debate with someone being disingenuous. If you got a response, p.m. me so we can stop shitting up the thread.

Top Bottom