• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Touch

I think they should up the rounds per sec/min of the M16 to at least back to 15.00(?)/925 (COD4) but leave the damage 45/20. That way it can compete (still not statistically better than the T95) but it can compete. Right now it's really hard to use and be successful. It just takes to many bursts to get 3 rounds to connect, even on non moving targets.

General question: In the case of balance, where do you think the M16 stands? Personally I think the damage is fair. Three rounds must connect to kill close, four at distance. Though I think the rpm/s could be refined to compete with the other guns.

moai

i don't have the stryker unlocked yet, but i'm having great games with the usas. should i change when i unlocked the stryker? is it much better than the usas?

Montresor

Just bought the game, since last night I finally finished Catwoman's challenges in Arkham City.

!!! I'm pretty excited to start the campaign - hopefully it's great. I really loved MW1 and MW2's campaigns.

So guys, if I was able to get every achievement/trophy in MW1 and MW2, and I was able to beat Black Ops on veteran but gave up completely on zombies, how hard would you say is getting every achievement/trophy in MW3?

Nori Chan

Just bought the game, since last night I finally finished Catwoman's challenges in Arkham City.

!!! I'm pretty excited to start the campaign - hopefully it's great. I really loved MW1 and MW2's campaigns.

So guys, if I was able to get every achievement/trophy in MW1 and MW2, and I was able to beat Black Ops on veteran but gave up completely on zombies, how hard would you say is getting every achievement/trophy in MW3?

Well hello there fellow achievement hunter.

I would say it will be much easier than Black Ops. The only thing you have to do outside of the story mode would be survival mode....another zombie like game type. But it's much easier. All you have to do is just survive 15 waves on every map and that would probably the hardest one outside of Veteran.

SteveWD40

Fuck me I suck at this game.

I was pretty good at COD4 and MW2 on 360, shifted to the master race about a year ago and was nifty at BC2 but dear lord I don't have the dexterity for PC gaming at this speed.

I am getting steamrolled by guys on their 5th prestige who seem to move faster, aim faster, hit harder and bunny-hop around like maniacs, the maps feel tiny.

Not blaming the game, just me being shit.

eek5

I've been playing around some more with the XM25 (trying to unlock recon pro again) and it's an interesting weapon if you use the distance setting. If someone is camping a doorway/corner you can set the distance on the outside wall and just fire the grenades into the doorway and they'll explode right as they pass the frame which is pretty awesome. I managed to hit someone all the way across the map by making the grenades detonate right after they entered a window :lol

Montresor

I would say it will be much easier than Black Ops. The only thing you have to do outside of the story mode would be survival mode....another zombie like game type. But it's much easier. All you have to do is just survive 15 waves on every map and that would probably the hardest one outside of Veteran.

Thanks for the response!

Game is still installing, damn it.

ArjanN

Yeah, MW3 Veteran doesn't have the difficulty spikes in the campaign Black ops has. It's much more even. Perfectly doable.

To get all the achievement you have to 3 star all the spec op missions as well. A couple of the later spec op missions are tricky on veteran difficulty, and some of the later survival maps as well.

Akimbo FMG9s getting nerfed this week. Enjoy them while you can.

@Teh_Cookster said:
@fourzerotwo I'm tired of getting mapped by FMG9's are you ever going to fix them? way too over powered

@fourzerotwo said:
@Teh_Cookster Yes, these will be getting some re-balancing in a new update this week.

sweetfish

Gold Member
First of all, I love this game.

So this has been happening a couple of days in a row now, to me and two other mates:

- Boot up the xbox, see friends online playing but Join Game is grayed out.
- They/I try to send invite, and we can't get them (they don't even appear).
- Reboot, and sometimes the invite messages appear, but most of the times it's the same.
- Sometimes when we are able to form a party at last, most often when we start searching for a game, one of us drops.

Sounds like a network problem, right? Well, both of the friends are network technicians, working for the same apartment complex as they are living in. And according to them, everything looks fine. Nothing wrong on my end either, as far as we can tell.

Anyone have had the same shieeet happen to them? It appears to have started with some of the last patches, it worked just fine before.

On a second note...
If they could just take out the quickscoping, this game would have been the game of the forever for me. And there seems to be soooo many more quickscopers when I play early in the evening, here in Sweden. Making me think that the only ones that exploit the quickscoping, are youngsters. Makes me rage. :(

Assuming they are smart enough to make the hipfire huge (think dual HS-10 huge), they only will still need to:

- nerf the other dual machine pistols (because they all are ridiculous)
- shorten the switch time for pistols
- remove the extended mags glitch, but make all shotguns (besides the striker) always fire 9 pellets (instead of 6) or 12 pellets (instead of 8).
- decrease the recoil on LMGs and/or increase their damage at range
- make the type 95 do 16 damage per bullet past range or switch the recoil between the M16 and the type 95
- change the ACR's dropoff damage to 25 instead of 30 (so it isn't a 1 bullet kill in HC)

SmokeMaxX

Assuming they are smart enough to make the hipfire huge (think dual HS-10 huge), they only will still need to:

- nerf the other dual machine pistols (because they all are ridiculous)
- shorten the switch time for pistols
- remove the extended mags glitch, but make all shotguns (besides the striker) always fire 9 pellets (instead of 6) or 12 pellets (instead of 8).
- decrease the recoil on LMGs and/or increase their damage at range
- make the type 95 do 16 damage per bullet past range or switch the recoil between the M16 and the type 95
- change the ACR's dropoff damage to 25 instead of 30 (so it isn't a 1 bullet kill in HC)
Type 95- Decrease damage from 55 (Seriously, what were they thinking?) to 49. With such a tight spread and fast fire rate (with Rapid Fire), it needs to be a 3 hit kill. This still allows better players to come out ahead using hipfire in CQC if they have to, but it will actually take skill rather than luck.

Shotguns- Give Shotguns a "Rapid Fire" option and replace Range with it. This'll be similar to Double Tap on CoD4/5 shotguns.

Pistols- They're fine for the most part, I feel. I'm not too unhappy with them. They are a LITTLE slow to come out, but not super insane.

Riot Shields- Make them bigger. There's no reason I should be able to shoot THROUGH THE MODEL OF THE SHIELD and hit someone.

Host Disadvantage- This is part of what makes the games so random. Besides the fact that you're playing random people, when you get into a game you should be able to predict how well you'll do based on your connection (such is the fate of low health-twitch shooters). If you have a shitty connection, you're going to have a ton of horrible games and honestly you deserve to do bad. When I play at home I get 0.75 Mb download/0.25 Mb upload and a full red bar. When I get killed fast, I don't complain because I have a shitty connection. It's noone's fault, it's just a fact of life. However, when I pay for a really good connection, I 100% totally expect to do better at the game. That's why I pay a ton for my good connection. That's what's supposed to happen. Instead the game artificially "lags" the hosts of games to be in line with those with bad connections. Why? That's stupid. If I get 100 Mb/s down and up, I'm the one who's punished because my teammates have bad connections? It's stupid because the people with the best connections have to adjust every other game depending on how bad everyone's connections are. Get people from another country and the host is looking at 300-400 ping. Next game: get people from your city and the host is looking at a 20 ping. It's impossible to predict how the game will play even if you're host!

Fix Spawns- They're horrible. Try playing Headquarters against a real "team." Ugh spawn traps and terrible spawns all day.

Fix Objective Points- Probably not going to happen, but if you go to the bus station map and force overtime on Demolition, one team gets screwed. One team spawns near the front of the train station and has to put themselves in the line of fire just to plant/defuse while the other team can set up camp basically from their spawn and easily plant/defend the objective.

That's all I'm gonna complain about now.

X-Frame

I just really, really want them to overhaul the scoreboards to suit the game types better. Not a one-size-fits-all scoreboard from COD4.

On a second note...
If they could just take out the quickscoping, this game would have been the game of the forever for me.
Funny how someone pre-release (not on GAF) said "they're disabling quickdraw for snipers so there's no way they can start quickscoping again," and then within days of playing the game it's revealed that it's even worse. I watch the replays, and the scope only gets about 3/4 the way up to their eye-- it's basically become a freaking lock-on. Some of these guys accuracy is hilarious too: 25, 28, 30%...
I just really, really want them to overhaul the scoreboards to suit the game types better. Not a one-size-fits-all scoreboard from COD4.
They almost did it this time.  Notice that when you head into the different game type scoreboards, it shows your stats in only those game types.  Should've left the rest out.  

Has anyone managed to link their Facebook accounts yet? That Elite site is just killing me. Did they start putting that together on about November 1?

I am disappoint. Really? Two of the submachine guns (MP5 and UMP) already suck entirely, the M16 is apparently the worst rifle ever made and now the PM9 or whatever will just step in to take the FMG's place. Did I forget to mention that most of the shotguns are very similar to Nerf weapons? I did.

Sorry the FMG9s "mapped" you, but it's no pair of 1887s.

sweetfish

Gold Member
Funny how someone pre-release (not on GAF) said "they're disabling quickdraw for snipers so there's no way they can start quickscoping again," and then within days of playing the game it's revealed that it's even worse. I watch the replays, and the scope only gets about 3/4 the way up to their eye-- it's basically become a freaking lock-on. Some of these guys accuracy is hilarious too: 25, 28, 30%...

Ugh, dear god, rage inducing just thinking about it.

Thankfully we haven't run into a lot of quickscopers in hardcore games, yay.
And playing later at night seems better as well, perhaps quickscopers are big here in Sweden/EU, and not so much in US.

I am disappoint. Really? Two of the submachine guns (MP5 and UMP) already suck entirely, the M16 is apparently the worst rifle ever made and now the PM9 or whatever will just step in to take the FMG's place. Did I forget to mention that most of the shotguns are very similar to Nerf weapons? I did.

Sorry the FMG9s "mapped" you, but it's no pair of 1887s.

I've seen a video where a guy gets juggernaut armor and then gets killed by dual FMGs a few seconds later. THe guy using the FMGs didn't even gave to reload to kill a fucking juggernaut.

Just a single FMG fires 1034 rounds per minute with the damage being 40 at close range and 20 at long range. THat means that dual weilded close range you are firing 40 damage bullets at a rate of 2068 RPM. and bcause the hipfire is so tight, you are guaranteed to get the three bullets on them with the first quarter of a second of firing.

No gun should be doing 1378 damage per second with hipfire spread as tight as a pistol.

They better keep the nerf bat away from my PP.

The only thing i would do in terms of nerfing the pp90 would be increasing the hipfire slightly when it has rapid fire. It's no where near as cheap as dual FMGs.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
If it wasn't the game that my friends and I played the most when hanging out, I would consider just getting rid of it at this point, it starts to become a joke when almost every death is caused by either Akimbo SMSs or QuickScoping.

AEGISX

Banned
akimbo fmg9s are equivalent to the pre patch akimbo 1887 in mw2.
they can drop juggernaut without even reloading. they are the deadliest weapon from close to mid weapon, making primary submachine and shotguns worthless in comparison.
i was in a gw tdm match on seetown last night, my team was 8 premade all running akimbo fmg9s, the final score was 10000 to 1000, 10:1 ratio.

they have to be nerfed.

eek5

they can drop juggernaut without even reloading. they are the deadliest weapon from close to mid weapon, making primary submachine and shotguns worthless in comparison.
i was in a gw tdm match on seetown last night, my team was 8 premade all running akimbo fmg9s, the final score was 10000 to 1000, 10:1 ratio.

they have to be nerfed.

Yeah. I was working on my hipfire game w/ PP90 when I unlocked akimbo FMGs. The FMGs kill faster, have better range, and are more accurate than the PP90. Just doesn't make sense and needed to be adjusted.

Is the Elite site not working correctly for everyone else? I just signed up yesterday and it worked fine, but now I'm just getting an empty white page in Firefox. It's partially displaying in IE but not really functional and a it's just a complete mess in Opera.

Fantasmo

Black Ops got one major thing right. Drop someone into Last Stand and YOU get the kill. I drop the guy, give me the kill. Need fixing stat.

they can drop juggernaut without even reloading.

I agree that they're overpowered (slightly), but I've never dropped a juggernaut in one clip with the FMG9s. Not saying it isn't possible but in actuality the spread probably doesn't allow it in most "real world" scenarios.

Black Ops got one major thing right. Drop someone into Last Stand and YOU get the kill. I drop the guy, give me the kill. Need fixing stat.

100% agreed. It's frustrating, but at least last stand isn't nearly as common.

they have to be nerfed.

those akimbo 1887 where on a whole other level.

Terminal <3

Favela... decent. Thought it was Karachi at first which warranted a barf gif.

I'll take any MW2 maps at this point. I hope it's fake though just so we can get a 5 map pack of MW2 maps.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If I had to choose one weapon in this game to nerf, it'd be the akimbo FMG9s, so I'm happy. I can live with the Type 95, but you shouldn't be able to kill me from 30 feet away with a secondary weapon that's merely pointed in my general direction. Those things are ridiculous.

Top Bottom