• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

what are the other benefits to joining the clan? I'm not prestiging so I'm not interested in the xp, and I wouldn't mind joining the clan, as long as I'm not taking a spot away from someone who would want the xp. Wait, is there a limited amount of players that can be in a clan?

We have about 70 members out of a possible 100.

Touch

Is there any harder challenge than "The Dictator" (empty a whole LMG clip into the enemies without missing)? Have anyone here got this challenge legit? It seems pretty much impossible.
I did that on MW2. Shit is fucking impossible in this game though. I got it on MW2 by basically creeping around the map playing like I would die in real life. Being sneaky with a LMG is very hard. It's the only way to complete the challenge though. Also I did it with the RPD, which was the most manageable LMG to use.

I did that on MW2. Shit is fucking impossible in this game though. I got it on MW2 by basically creeping around the map playing like I would die in real life. Being sneaky with a LMG is very hard. It's the only way to complete the challenge though. Also I did it with the RPD, which was the most manageable LMG to use.

Should have done it with the AUG as it had the smallest clip out of all the LMGs and was deadly accurate.

Touch

Should have done it with the AUG as it had the smallest clip out of all the LMGs and was deadly accurate.
That what my friends kept telling me as well. I just couldn't use that gun for anything. Every time I tried to do it with the AUG I would get so close then have some sort of mental breakdown that makes the gun go all over the place. I didn't get the challenge done till like 50 days played.

paskowitz

No. They're different. let me know your PSN and I'll send you an invite. I have alot of invites pending but for some reason they aren't showing up for everyone. Like I said, let me know and I'll send you one now.

Also if anyone wants to be in the PS3 GAF Clan, let me know. Here's the URL to our clan page. Just send a message on there and I'll send an invite out.

GAF MW3 Clan Page

For some reason I get some weird error message when I click on your name. Just send me an invite.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I use focus. I do wanna know which one is technically "the best" in each situation
It depends on the gun. Kick is pretty much unnecessary for some, as it doesn't reduce the recoil all that much (20% reduction). I usually go with Focus or Attachments.

liger05

Someone sold me a brand new copy 360 copy for £25. Had it for 2 days and its still in the box. Just aint motivated to play MW3 and now with Mario Kart out tomorrow I really aint gonna play this game.

Joba62x

Neo Member
I joined the #NEOGAF group on elite thinking that was all I needed to do join the 360 clan, it was so on/off I never figured out if I was in the clan or not.

I guess it has to do with a gamer tag... Well if there are 360 Invites left I would like one if I can get one.

GT:Joba62x

Thanks

We have about 70 members out of a possible 100.
Did you invite me to the clan? I know i added you on xbl, but I don't think I've gotten an invite yet. I'm waiting on my account to get through investigation from being FIFAd though. So I can't redeem my elite token or anything yet, but I guess invite me and then ill join now and leave and rejoin when I get the ability to redeem codes on my account.

Did you invite me to the clan? I know i added you on xbl, but I don't think I've gotten an invite yet. I'm waiting on my account to get through investigation from being FIFAd though. So I can't redeem my elite token or anything yet, but I guess invite me and then ill join now and leave and rejoin when I get the ability to redeem codes on my account.

Your gamertag isn't showing up on Elite. Maybe PM me when the investigation is over?

Maybe you're looking for the PS3 clan?
Lol I'm on a clan on ps3 already with some RL bros, I have others on 360 but not as many, I ended up getting elite there for free, just waiting on my stupid account now.

I should add that my friends drop it after a couple months and I play regularly all year so ill be spending fair amount of time on the 360 version.

Xux

what are the other benefits to joining the clan? I'm not prestiging so I'm not interested in the xp, and I wouldn't mind joining the clan, as long as I'm not taking a spot away from someone who would want the xp. Wait, is there a limited amount of players that can be in a clan?
If the clan ever gets to level 50 you get a Prestige Token.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man I haven't touched this game in ages. Just bought a new 50" TV so I thought I'd try some multiplayer today, but I realized after moving my Xbox to its new home under my TV that I have one of the older units without wi-fi. Dammit. Going to need to invest in a new super long ethernet cable soon so I can get back into some online shenanigans.

Man I haven't touched this game in ages. Just bought a new 50" TV so I thought I'd try some multiplayer today, but I realized after moving my Xbox to its new home under my TV that I have one of the older units without wi-fi. Dammit. Going to need to invest in a new super long ethernet cable soon so I can get back into some online shenanigans.

Whatever you do dont pay 50 bucks for it in some store. I just got two 100' cables for 5.99 a piece on Ebay. My house is kinda big and where I have my wireless router downstairs doesnt reach my 2 furthest bedrooms and theres also a huge fireplace in the middle of the house that I was told doesnt help with the wireless signal. So I had to hardwire both rooms. I waited so long because I thought it'd be so expensive.

aku:jiki

Is something up with the matchmaking today (360)? I have americans in every match now, which is fun because they talk more than europeans, but totally not fun because it's lagging so fucking bad!

Jarmel

Banned
Me and my friend having a discussion about MW3 differences from previous games. How killstreaks have never been weaker than MW3, and getting those insane 70-3 games is so damn hard in comparison to previous titles...it seems everyone has substantially lower K/D in MW3.

To me, getting a 5 to 1 KD in this game, is the equivalent of getting a 10-1 in MW2/BO.

It's because of the map design, map size, low health and spawns. Certain maps it's damn near impossible to creep around the edges like most of the maps in BO.

You're not showing up on Elite.

Probably a dumb question but did you put the space between HELLBOUND and 216?

I just tried to log in to elite from my PC and it's having some kind of issues.

Sorry, an unexpected error occurred.
If your problem persists, please contact Activision Support

I was on there earlier though with no problems.

Me and my friend having a discussion about MW3 differences from previous games. How killstreaks have never been weaker than MW3, and getting those insane 70-3 games is so damn hard in comparison to previous titles...it seems everyone has substantially lower K/D in MW3.

To me, getting a 5 to 1 KD in this game, is the equivalent of getting a 10-1 in MW2/BO.

Mine is only 0.05 lower than Black Ops and it's right about the same as it's been for every other COD game. I'm also sure mine (and most others) will rise as time goes on. I know I'm still feeling the game out. Shit, there are weapons and classes I havent even tried once yet. Plenty of 'em.

I have a certain style which usually lands me near the top of the match score wise but not always a great KD. I just usually run around like crazy because I dont care too much about KD. Its fun to look at but it really depends on so many different things it's dumb to compare to others. I'm sure I could sit in a TD game and go 5-1 or 10-2 all day long. And I'd be bored out of my skull within 30 minutes.

For anyone who follows football, KD = QB rating in my opinion. The numbers dont always tell the whole story and can be very misleading.

SpacLock

Mine is quite a bit lower than Black Ops. In Black Ops I stayed around 2.40 but I MW3 I can't get past 2.18-2.20. I'm sure if I changed my play style I could end up higher, but I play the game to have as much fun as I possible, so it's all about the run and gun.

I also seem to get non stop hate messages in MW3 compared to other CoDs. People fucking RAAAAGE in this game. Even people who beat me will send hate filled messages. The best part is that I'm saving all of them and I'm going to put together a nice little compilation for youtube.

eek5

MW3
sYz3n.png

BLOPS
p8OXz.png

lol :eek:

I also seem to get non stop hate messages in MW3 compared to other CoDs. People fucking RAAAAGE in this game. Even people who beat me will send hate filled messages. The best part is that I'm saving all of them and I'm going to put together a nice little compilation for youtube.

A compilation of all the post-kill chat-switch rages would be hilarious :lol

A compilation of all the post-kill chat-switch rages would be hilarious :lol

Oh yes it would. It'd be a god damn crash course in tourettes syndrome

FUCK!
SHIT!
WHAT THE FUCK?!
I SHOT HIM RIGHT IN THE FAAA
GOD DAMNIT!
OH MY GOD!
YOU FUCKIN *^%&*%
CAMPIN ASS BITCH
SHIT
PISS
LAG! FUCKIN LAGGGGGGG!

lionelhutz

Is there a bigger pile of shit than the CoD Elite website? A simply login is damn near impossible and most of the features aren't available. Do I really need to be prompted for a new account every time I try to login?

/rant

Is there a bigger pile of shit than the CoD Elite website? A simply login is damn near impossible and most of the features aren't available. Do I really need to be prompted for a new account every time I try to login?

/rant

It's all messed up. You have to log in, play a match, check elite, maybe play again, and finally it will register. There's a weird synching problem.

Top Bottom