• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

So I learned today that EMPs will nullify a Predator missle. I was about to nail a twosome when the opponents called in an EMP, fizzling my missle.

I think it's great counter, if a frustrating one.

SteveWD40

I think I am done with the MP here, maybe it's just easier on 360 but I did a far site better on COD4 back then than on MW3 on PC now.

I just don't seem to have the reflexes for a game this speed, I have tried all sorts (patrol the outside, dropshot, take it slow, pre-aim) but I just can't seem to beat guys to the punch.

I am actually tempted to go back to BC2, I was good at that.

/sad old man whine

I think I am done with the MP here, maybe it's just easier on 360 but I did a far site better on COD4 back then than on MW3 on PC now.

I just don't seem to have the reflexes for a game this speed, I have tried all sorts (patrol the outside, dropshot, take it slow, pre-aim) but I just can't seem to beat guys to the punch.

/sad old man whine

I wish there was an old man room, I have the same problem. My reflexes have dulled so badly in the last 3 years.

Dabanton

/sad old man whine

What modes are you playing?

Nabs

/sad old man whine

Roll with twin FMGs and feel better about yourself. The netcode is kind of shit, so you have to find ways around it.

sweetfish

Gold Member

/sad old man whine

Just curious, what's your k/d? I have terrible k/d, but still having fun, think it has to do with the guys I play with.

I wish there was an old man room, I have the same problem. My reflexes have dulled so badly in the last 3 years.

Put me down as well! I feel my reflexes are not world class, but still pretty solid. I did better from a Win-Lose and K/D standpoint in BLOPS than any CoD to date. But in MW3, Im playing the worst I have in any CoD Ive ever played. Just feels like its a team of CoD MLG'ers versus me and other members of the old men group every single game. My friend and I, both 30+, played around 15 games of Kill Confirmed and Domination last night. Pretty good games for each of us individually, but nothing great either. We won one ... single... game.

SteveWD40

My KD is...no idea, not checked (see, I am not right for COD these days!). I tend to play Kill Confirmed or Ground War with randoms, the most fun I have had has been on the spartanly populated dedicated servers, Gun Game for example is aces.

I should probably just persevere, how's hardcore? used to be slower paced in COD4...

Dabanton

My KD is...no idea, not checked (see, I am not right for COD these days!). I tend to play Kill Confirmed or Ground War with randoms, the most fun I have had has been on the spartanly populated dedicated servers, Gun Game for example is aces.

I should probably just persevere, how's hardcore? used to be slower paced in COD4...

Hardcore is my preferred mode, much slower battles, more precise, less wild grenade throwing.

sweetfish

Gold Member

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I mostly play hardcore as well. :p Wish there was a ground war list with hardcore mode, since we usually end up with a party above 6.

So I learned today that EMPs will nullify a Predator missle. I was about to nail a twosome when the opponents called in an EMP, fizzling my missle.

I think it's great counter, if a frustrating one.

Silly question but do you mean a simple EMP grenade?

Yeah that was a stupid question. I know what your saying.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
sweet... i can finally post on the boards... :D

i personally feel the overall mp in mw3 is great... though some of the maps do suck (carbon), i'm sure the future map pack releases will more than enough make up for it... typical marketing nowadays... as for gameplay, can't complain... i like how you have to kinda 'struggle' in the beginning to unlock the better gear... makes it challenging... i, for one, told myself that i wouldn't prestige in this game... soon as i it 80, i hit prestige w/out blinking... definitely addicting this time around...

and if anyone's interested, here's my dew trade list:
http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/Index/cardExchange/1040475962440

hope i run into some of you online!

i personally feel the overall mp in mw3 is great... though some of the maps do suck (carbon), i'm sure the future map pack releases will more than enough make up for it... typical marketing nowadays... as for gameplay, can't complain... i like how you have to kinda 'struggle' in the beginning to unlock the better gear... makes it challenging... i, for one, told myself that i wouldn't prestige in this game... soon as i it 80, i hit prestige w/out blinking... definitely addicting this time around...

New wave of juniors or something?

Your username should be ellipses. Jesus

When are we getting new maps?

I was ready on day one. Sorry I know it's getting old.
Domination is my game but when you kill someone when trying to cap a flag and then they spawn no more than a second or two later and feet away from that same flag it breaks the game.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
You're not helping :)

For some reason he is calling you out for using "..."
this is called an ellipses
a lot in your post, and probably because it's your first post. The only appropriate response is to make fun of the dead president in his avatar.

-_- apparently i thought he literally meant my user name hahaha.. .and yes, i know what an ellipses is... just a habit whenever i type informal things out...

back to the game... i remember seeing some youtube vid of suppsoed upcoming maps... no new leaks or news of what to expect, right?

lionelhutz

Once a clan is formed in CoD Elite, how long does it take for the double XP to appear for each member? Is the bonus good outside of clan operations?

Had to restart a mission because it gave me a checkpoint halfway through it where I'm chasing a guy and run out of time a second after the checkpoint.

Cool.

ace3skoot

so when can elite subs expect there first free dlc content? it begins this month right? also since the 360 exclusive 1 month earlier content deal what does this mean for PS3 elite subscibers in december?

any answers would be appreciated :)

belier

I've reached level 80. Time to prestige.
I think you can unlock something when you prestige.

What do you recommend me to do and what not to do?

Thanks in advance...

See guys? I wasn't the only one who didn't know this at first >:|

o_O

Max ain't know either?

Okay, I should shut up, I ain't know at first either.....

Darn, I just tried going for an MP9 only MOAB in team deathmatch, but the match ended before I could get it, and I was only a kill or 2 away :(

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member

Thanks in advance...

I'd suggest taking your best/favorite gun with you. I personally took the Type 95 and literally flew through the first 30 levels with it.

aku:jiki

Darn, I just tried going for an MP9 only MOAB in team deathmatch, but the match ended before I could get it, and I was only a kill or 2 away :(
I just hit about 20 myself when I was finally overpowered by the other team's four (!) riot shield users. Fucking thing sucks!

One riot shielder who gives up after 5-10 deaths is hilarious. Four guys who keep doing it throughout like five matches...not so much. :(

I'd suggest taking your best/favorite gun with you. I personally took the Type 95 and literally flew through the first 30 levels with it.
Shit, the Type 95 can make you literally fly?! No wonder I keep getting owned by it.

Sorry, had to!

Hardcore is my preferred mode, much slower battles, more precise, less wild grenade throwing.

Totally agree. And when the HC TDM feels too slow, I'll jump into Kill Confirmed where it feels like there's less camping and more fun run 'n gun.

Feel like HC is better to deal with the incessant lag since it's only a couple shots that kill you anyway, and that's usually all I have time to fire off after stuttering across the screen :)

Thanks in advance...

I did it last night and took the Stinger & MP7. Not sure what to use my last token on (probably Dead Silence) so I'll wait. Really glad I took the MP7.

One riot shielder who gives up after 5-10 deaths is hilarious. Four guys who keep doing it throughout like five matches...not so much. :(

You speak truths.

I just hit about 20 myself when I was finally overpowered by the other team's four (!) riot shield users. Fucking thing sucks!

woowwww lol! I don't know if I can think of a more aggravating way to die. I would've had to walk away after that.

Ok i'm done with MW3.. i already stopped a week ago but tried again today. I'm just too damn pissed at quickscoping. The game wasn't meant this way and it's a shame it's such a popular technique. Anyway, no modern warfares for me ever again..

PatzCU

Ok i'm done with MW3.. i already stopped a week ago but tried again today. I'm just too damn pissed at quickscoping. The game wasn't meant this way and it's a shame it's such a popular technique. Anyway, no modern warfares for me ever again..

I have still only been killed 3-4 times total by quickscopers in my almost 1 day of playtime. Maybe I'm playing at the wrong time of the day? Are quickscopers the daytime television of Call of Duty?

Im a little confused, I got COD elite but never got my double xp, I also got a pack from Game.co.uk that said I would get double xp for like 4 hours and that hasn't worked either, how do I activate these fabled double points?

haha no shit, I run into these people that are called "quick scopers" all of the time but they're awful. They get lucky and pop me a couple times but I kill them at least 3-5x more, depending if they are campers or not. Overall they really aren't an issue because only 1 in 20 of them are worth a damn.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I have still only been killed 3-4 times total by quickscopers in my almost 1 day of playtime. Maybe I'm playing at the wrong time of the day? Are quickscopers the daytime television of Call of Duty?
I don't think I have had a match in the last 2 weeks where I haven't been or someone tried quickscoping me.

It wouldn't be so bad if Infinity Ward didn't make a deal out of it returning, as they are seemingly not going to try and stop it like Treyarch did.

IW are taking their time just sorting out the FMGs, so long that yesterday I gave up and started using them too because I got tired of getting killed by them, when most of the players in a match are quick scoping or using FMGs then to me it seems like something is broken.

Where are people finding all these sniper lobbies? No offense guys, but if you're getting wrecked when going up against snipers when you're using an auto weapon, then you're probably just not good at the game.

Top Bottom