• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

oh hai guys

Double XP: 6 hours
Your clan has earned 6 hours of Double XP for each member!
To award all clan members with their Double XP, click the claim button.

Again, I can't guarantee if a member will receive double XP after it's claimed. XP will be claimed in a day or two. Last chance to get in on this shit. Send me a PM or better yet, send a FR to "MASS Xtortion" on XBL.

Also, I hope this will stack with the other 2 hours I haven't used yet. This new option replaced the old one.

Touch

Yeah I still don't know Xbox terminology all that well. My mistake. We should get a party going for sure though.

Anyway, I just played some COD4 because I was in a MW3 slump of not wanting to play it. Didn't run into to many hackers. All of them were in HCHQ so I just switched it up. Really enjoyed the couple matches I played. The game really never gets old. It did however put me into the mood to play MW3 again. I just wish I could bring the 74u with me. Along with the M16
gasp!
. Don't understand why they would put the cult classic 74u in the campaign but leave it out of the MP.

Back onto MW3. I'm still trying to make the M16 work and be consistent. It's really a struggle. The extra 5 points of damage it gets at range over the Type 95 doesn't justify it at all. The RPM needs to be back at 925 (cod4). I would take a damage reduction for that. Right now it's just way to inconsistent between bursts.

belier

A typical day on the fields of MW3, PC version, Kill Confirmed.

OK, let's checks pending challenges of my AR... mmm... Grenade Launcher, 20 kills...
Let's go. Equipping nade launcher and jumping to the battlefield.
Hey... One guy there... FLOP! KABOOM! KILL CONFIRMED!
- "Fucking asshole noobtuber cunt!"
Look there... One of my teammates has died and his dogtag is waiting to be picked. Let's wait for the killer seeking cover.
Here he comes... TUP! TUP! KILL CONFIRMED!
- "Nice camping you fag!"
Changing map... Dome... Let's take the Skorpion's...
Run... Run... Run... Shoot... Shoot... Shoot... KILL CONFIRMED! KILL CONFIRMED!
- "Fuck you akimbo noob! Play real weapons!"
Let's check map... mmm... Someone is hiding behind that door... RATATA! KILL CONFIRMED!
- "Nice hack!"

And so on...

What happens with the people playing this game?
If you run, cause you run...
If you hide, cause you hide...
If you use nade launcher or rpg, cause you use them...

What have people to do? Stand still in the middle of the map with the knife in their hands waiting to be killed?

Check the weapons list on the menu. You will be killed using any of them.
Tell Activision to remove the ones you don't like. Meanwhile, expect the people using them, and being killed by them.

I've been playing FPS online since 2003, with ET. I've never complained for being kill, despite the way of being killed. Never...

I've been killed a lot (and respawned, fortunately...). By pro's, by noobs, by cheaters, by teammates, by friends, and even by myself, using assault rifles, knifes, mines, C4, nades, pistols, RPG's, ...
I've been ran over with any kind of vehicles, from motorbikes to tanks.

And never complained. Well maybe at the beginning, when tk'ed with no sorry. But it was a long time ago. Now, I don't expect a sorry. But I keep saying it on accidental tk's.

Is the people really enjoying the game? Or for a lot of them is their life that poor that the online game is their whole life?

On BF3 there's also people whining, but not at the same level. Maybe the community has a few in common with the MW3 one.

This is belier. Rant over...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ran into a "speed" lobby tonight playing HC KC. Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post, but has IW said anything about stomping on the heads of the fools behind it, or at least making it impossible via patching/game updates?

What platform? They fixed it (or so they thought) over the weekend on 360. I hope it's not back already.

Radec

OK, let's checks pending challenges of my AR... mmm... Grenade Launcher, 20 kills...
Look there... One of my teammates has died and his dogtag is waiting to be picked. Let's wait for the killer seeking cover.
Let's check map... mmm... Someone is hiding behind that door... RATATA! KILL CONFIRMED!
- "Nice hack!"

And so on...

What have people to do? Stand still in the middle of the map with the knife in their hands waiting to be killed?

Tell Activision to remove the ones you don't like. Meanwhile, expect the people using them, and being killed by them.

I've been playing FPS online since 2003, with ET. I've never complained for being kill, despite the way of being killed. Never...

I've been killed a lot (and respawned, fortunately...). By pro's, by noobs, by cheaters, by teammates, by friends, and even by myself, using assault rifles, knifes, mines, C4, nades, pistols, RPG's, ...

And never complained. Well maybe at the beginning, when tk'ed with no sorry. But it was a long time ago. Now, I don't expect a sorry. But I keep saying it on accidental tk's.

Is the people really enjoying the game? Or for a lot of them is their life that poor that the online game is their whole life?

On BF3 there's also people whining, but not at the same level. Maybe the community has a few in common with the MW3 one.

Sounds like a typical online game.

tait269

So prove your point. Post a video of you doing it. If you have ever actually done it, you would realize how hard it actually is. I'm talking about quick-scoping, not hard-scoping. There is a major difference. It's easy to go 24-6 as any class with nearly any gun.

But please prove me wrong. I would actually like to be proven wrong. I'm not trolling or trying to come off as a jerk. I really would like to see videos of people who complain about quick-scoping showing all of us (who don't think it's easy), how easy it really is. I've tried and couldn't do it. I still had a positive game though even while sniping.

Here is that video that i promised of me attempting to purely quick-scope in a match and remain competitive. I may have done better if i wasn't trying to run around like a crackhead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2wgbXZ9jUA

aristotle

Here is that video that i promised of me attempting to purely quick-scope in a match and remain competitive. I may have done better if i wasn't trying to run around like a crackhead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2wgbXZ9jUA

Looks pretty good. Like I thought though, it didn't seem as easy as most people make it out to be. A lot of the kills seemed to just run right in front of you, especially the one where you caught their spawn point, killed one and another walked directly in front of the jeep then you took him out.

Was it as easy as to you as other people insinuate?

Also where's your elite profile? Since I'm on PS3, it doesn't let me see 360 players unless I have a direct link.

I jumped into a match of Dom on Village last night and was killed about seven or eight times by a quick-scoper. Someone was raging about them this week and I have to say that it was pretty frustrating.

I'm not saying it's easy or broken, but I completely agree that it's infuriating when the killcams show someone doing it well.

I also prestiged for the first time last night. I'd forgotten how much you rely on custom classes in the later levels. Ugh.

DiZ_O

Banned
I can't believe how pissed off some people can get over this lottery of a game.
Since that's what it is, a lottery. Just love the kill-mic for that reason.
And my goodness have I seen some ridiculous (gamewinning) killcams aswell.

Still, every time I play with the guys, we always have a lot of fun, no matter what kind
of bs is thrown at you.

tait269

Looks pretty good. Like I thought though, it didn't seem as easy as most people make it out to be. A lot of the kills seemed to just run right in front of you, especially the one where you caught their spawn point, killed one and another walked directly in front of the jeep then you took him out.

Was it as easy as to you as other people insinuate?

Also where's your elite profile? Since I'm on PS3, it doesn't let me see 360 players unless I have a direct link.

The thing about quick scoping is you have to actively think about what you are going to do when you see someone. In a normal scenario you sidestep either way and if you miss your first shot there is chance you can still take out the enemy. When quick scoping you have stand still and wait to bring up for scope. All this time increases your chances of being killed and if you get shot the flinch will jog aim.

The way I see quick scoping is fun factor Vs reality. Quick scoping is highly gratifying if you do connect the shots and knowing that you killed someone being at a disadvantage is a nice feeling. Personally I would not want to main quick scoping its far too frustrating.

Here is the link do not know if its the right one:

https://elite.callofduty.com/career#/playercardmw3

aristotle

The thing about quick scoping is you have to actively think about what you are going to do when you see someone. In a normal scenario you sidestep either way and if you miss your first shot there is chance you can still take out the enemy. When quick scoping you have stand still and wait to bring up for scope. All this time increases your chances of being killed and if you get shot the flinch will jog aim.

The way I see quick scoping is fun factor Vs reality. Quick scoping is highly gratifying if you do connect the shots and knowing that you killed someone being at a disadvantage is a nice feeling. Personally I would not want to main quick scoping its far too frustrating.

Here is the link do not know if its the right one:

https://elite.callofduty.com/career#/playercardmw3

Your link pulls up my profile ;)

I've done a little bit of quick-scoping, but I was at such a disadvantage I switched back to my main classes. I still don't think quick-scopers are nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Thanks for the video and your thoughts :)

To Whoever suggested the striker setup I saw a few pages back, Thanks!

I was really bored with the guns I kept using and I tried out the striker setup and its alot of fun, ended up going like 38-12 and winning on headquarters. The range is surprisingly good on it which was a nice surprise!

aristotle

I somehow ended up with 4 of the CoD perks cards. I only need 3 other cards to complete everything: Mt. Dew Characters, CoD Weapons, CoD Maps. I got 3 of the CoD Perks with the last 3 codes I used. I wish it would just give me what I need. :(

My Trade List

aristotle

how do I join the neogaf clan for PS3? I joined the neogaf group. it that the same thing?

No. They're different. let me know your PSN and I'll send you an invite. I have alot of invites pending but for some reason they aren't showing up for everyone. Like I said, let me know and I'll send you one now.

Also if anyone wants to be in the PS3 GAF Clan, let me know. Here's the URL to our clan page. Just send a message on there and I'll send an invite out.

GAF MW3 Clan Page

Alright, so I finally signed up for Elite today (the free part) and linked my account and all. So now I see groups and I'm confused. I typed in #Cleveland and a bunch of groups came up. I joined one just to see whats up. So now what? If I choose am I supposed to add these other people as XBL friends or does it do something in the game automatically to link me to them or? Whats the point of joining a group?

Those who suffer a lot from the host disadvantage might want to try changing their NAT type from open to moderate. I changed mine so I wouldn't have to host anymore and now it feels like I'm on the level playing field with the others. Now I actually have a chance of surviving some tricky situations instead of dropping like a sack of shit every time..

Angry Fork

aristotle

I've resent every pending invite to members of the PS3 GAF clan. Hopefully now they'll actually go through. If you were on the list and waiting, please check your profile page on elite to make sure the invite made it through. It should be under the "Feed" section on your profile under "Invites".

Because many people who said they wanted to join but never did, I'm letting randoms and readers of GAF join our Clan. As long as you have fun playing and we have fun with you (which we haven't had a problem with yet), we will welcome you to our ranks :).

I've sent invites to every member so far of the PS3 GAF Group. If you're already a member of the group, check for your invite. Reminder: The group and Clan are separate!

The GAF group can be found here: PS3 GAF Group

Our clan page is here: PS3 GAF Clan

The MW3 GAF Community/Clan (PS3 & 360) page is here: Community Page

If you would like to join, just send me a message on here, on PSN (xinoart), or on Elite. I check it constantly, so it shouldn't take long to get an invite. Our Clan plays together every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night around 8PM Central time. We hope to see you there!

You don't need the premium elite to join our Clan, but it does help! Don't be afraid to ask for an invite. Thanks!

I will be redoing the OP in the community thread with more information for newcomers, strategies, class setups, videos and more very soon. Enjoy!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Top youtube comment

How is it possible to get lost on these maps? You can learn them within 3-4 plays at most.

After 44 hours, it still takes me a few seconds to realize where I am on the map when I spawn on Carbon or Downturn (the worst map in FPS history).

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Me and my friend having a discussion about MW3 differences from previous games. How killstreaks have never been weaker than MW3, and getting those insane 70-3 games is so damn hard in comparison to previous titles...it seems everyone has substantially lower K/D in MW3.

To me, getting a 5 to 1 KD in this game, is the equivalent of getting a 10-1 in MW2/BO.

To me, this game is just as easy as the last CoD's, or at least it's starting to be that way for me. I've hit my stride, just gotta learn the little nuances is all.

- "Nice hack!"

And so on...

This is why sometimes I just mute everyone, the whole VoIP misses its purpose, best to do it just with friends. I have found that on older games the community that stays is more mature, seems that idiots and kids are always on the next big thing. I have been playing some Uncharted 2 and CoD MW2.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any harder challenge than "The Dictator" (empty a whole LMG clip into the enemies without missing)? Have anyone here got this challenge legit? It seems pretty much impossible.

def sim

We're getting 6 hours of double xp if we're in the clan? Sweet. I haven't been playing so perks like these help me catch up with my buddies.

what are the other benefits to joining the clan? I'm not prestiging so I'm not interested in the xp, and I wouldn't mind joining the clan, as long as I'm not taking a spot away from someone who would want the xp. Wait, is there a limited amount of players that can be in a clan?

Top Bottom