• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

AEGISX

Banned
my pin is so good, how come i dont see it in mw3?
1626845036.png

Let me better explain the hate of quickscopers:

It's just freaking silly seeing some dude in a green gorilla costume running around shooting most of the time next to me and sometimes hiting me. It's just not right. It's like seeing a dude on a bike or something.. I know MW is pretty much arcadey, i like that. but this is like some dude playing a fighting game and only using one same combo over and over again. It's not good for the gaming experience .. lol

AEGISX

Banned
Let me better explain the hate of quickscopers:

It's just freaking silly seeing some dude in a green gorilla costume running around shooting most of the time next to me and sometimes hiting me. It's just not right. It's like seeing a dude on a bike or something.. I know MW is pretty much arcadey, i like that. but this is like some dude playing a fighting game and only using one same combo over and over again. It's not good for the gaming experience .. lol

cry more baby, zzirgrizz has a k/d of 1 in mw3. in mw2 his k/d was 1.5.
if qs is so op then why his k/d is not approaching infinity?

AEGISX

Banned
yo fo real?
guys like wings of redemption who only uses assault riffle has a much higher k/d than zzirgrizz, explain that.

belier

I'd suggest taking your best/favorite gun with you. I personally took the Type 95 and literally flew through the first 30 levels with it.

Finally took Type95. My fav weapon also.
What a difference from beginning with the SCAR...

[Off-topic]How do you multi-quote in this boards?[/Off-topic]

Man, I am so fucking sick of seeing nothing but Type 95's, FMG9's and MP7's in the killfeed. :(

Agreed. And this is where the weapon-leveling system really shows what an awful idea it is. The leveling just encourages you to keep playing with the same gun.

Imagine someone getting good with the Type 95 or MP7 and then deciding to try a new rifle or SMG. Not only do they have to give up the more powerful weapon, but they also give up the ability to have attachments, proficiencies, and camo.

Agreed. And this is where the weapon-leveling system really shows what an awful idea it is. The leveling just encourages you to keep playing with the same gun.

Imagine someone getting good with the Type 95 or MP7 and then deciding to try a new rifle or SMG. Not only do they have to give up the more powerful weapon, but they also give up the ability to have attachments, proficiencies, and camo.

Yeah but then they're going to run out of challenges to complete.

tait269

Got my first M.O.A.B yesterday after the second match trying maybe I just got lucky. I remember trying to go for Nuke MW2 and it was pure stress then I ended getting it by messing around killing people with just my knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wMRrnSA9Ig

I thinking about making a video series on how to rush cause too many people sitting in corners thinking its only way to get a Killstreak. I do not know how they can sit in one place for the majority of the match don't they get bored?

CozMick

Banned
I've used nothing but the M4A1 and G36C since launch (minus a few kills with random weapons when I run out of ammo)

The only weapon I get annoyed by is the ump, not because it's op, just because the only reason people use it is because of mw2 and it's "beast mode" status it was given.

There are smgs that are shit tons better but nooooooooooooooo.

sweetfish

Gold Member
cry more baby, zzirgrizz has a k/d of 1 in mw3. in mw2 his k/d was 1.5.
if qs is so op then why his k/d is not approaching infinity?

Are you high? Are people even saying that they are good?

My main complaint about quickscopers, are that they usually do nothing for the teamplay in Domination etc games. Just running around trying to do 360 noscope shit and jumping of buildings like fairies, while the rest of the team are struggling with the cap points.

Lmao at the people who use tactical insertion on Kill Confirmed. With an instant respawn youre just asking to be killed twice in a row, yet I see it a lot.

Victrix

*beard*
Lmao at the people who use tactical insertion on Kill Confirmed. With an instant respawn youre just asking to be killed twice in a row, yet I see it a lot.

There's a bug that causes the kill to be denied instantly when using tac inserts

You aren't seeing strategy, you're seeing kids trying to exploit in a lame manner, as per usual

SmokeMaxX

There's a bug that causes the kill to be denied instantly when using tac inserts

You aren't seeing strategy, you're seeing kids trying to exploit in a lame manner, as per usual

What's the bug? I don't get it.
1) I kill you.
2) You spawn over yourself denying my kill.
3) I kill you again before you have a chance to tac insert.

All you're doing in increasing my K:D while maybe I get shot in the back by one of your teammates?

X-Frame

Does anyone else think that instead of Domination giving you points per flag capture, they give the entire team points every X amount of seconds like Headquarters for as many flags as they have?

So 25 points every 30 seconds per flag owned or whatever you want it to be.

This would encourage people to protect their flags more to maintain a stream of points as opposed to capturing flags in a circle over and over.

Victrix

*beard*
What's the bug? I don't get it.
1) I kill you.
2) You spawn over yourself denying my kill.
3) I kill you again before you have a chance to tac insert.

All you're doing in increasing my K:D while maybe I get shot in the back by one of your teammates?

No, that's a separate issue.

There's a bug and a stupid design flaw, both being exploited

First is the bug - tac inserts occasionally cause kills to be denied instantly. I don't know the specifics, only that you kill someone who has an insert up and their tag vanishes instantly. That's the bug I'm talking about.

The second is kids standing on top of their insert and using the +250xp from recovering their OWN tag to get more xp out of a match. They could give two shits about your kd, they die and get 250xp.

There's another bug related to xp gain, but I'm not going to propagate that one :p

aku:jiki

Speaking of weirdo glitches, has anyone else seen the Juggernaut/TacInsertion glitch? If you put one down, don the Juggernaut suit and then pick the insertion up, you suddenly have two Portable Radars. You can toss one down, and I think you still have the "built-in" radar if you do, so you get two. The second radar is actually a tac insertion.

If you use the tac insertion one, you end up with two insertions instead. Such a random, weird bug!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Does anyone else think that instead of Domination giving you points per flag capture, they give the entire team points every X amount of seconds like Headquarters for as many flags as they have?

So 25 points every 30 seconds per flag owned or whatever you want it to be.

This would encourage people to protect their flags more to maintain a stream of points as opposed to capturing flags in a circle over and over.

I would totally play that, but it'd no doubt encourage more camping than normal Domination, especially when you're 10-5 seconds away from getting more points and you just wanna ensure them.

Had a hell of a time playing with gaf last night!

Saw some serious shit tonight. Went from level 15 to 42 in one sitting, got my first quad, and beat a team 65-15 in Kill Confirmed.

<3 GAF

I actually might upload that match to youtube, that was an immoral beat down right there. Only if you guys don't mind though.

Got my first M.O.A.B yesterday after the second match trying maybe I just got lucky. I remember trying to go for Nuke MW2 and it was pure stress then I ended getting it by messing around killing people with just my knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wMRrnSA9Ig

I thinking about making a video series on how to rush cause too many people sitting in corners thinking its only way to get a Killstreak. I do not know how they can sit in one place for the majority of the match don't they get bored?

That would be great. I keep rushing and get slaughtered by people because I don't know where they are coming from. I know the maps and need tips on how pros locate enemies on the map

Biff

That would be great. I keep rushing and get slaughtered by people because I don't know where they are coming from. I know the maps and need tips on how pros locate enemies on the map

I think a lot of it is sheer fucking luck that an enemy doesn't spawn right behind you. Nothing more frustrating than watching a killcam where the guys spawns and I run right past him half a second later.

Don't get me wrong, I like the maps this time around, but IW really fucked up the spawn system. Hopefully they'll patch it like Treyarch did with their Black Ops abortion.

Victrix

*beard*
It's not luck, but it's game mode dependant and team dependant. If you're playing with randoms, forget it. An organized team can still manipulate spawns if they're careful. It's easier in some modes (dom) than others (tdf)

aristotle

Tonight around 8pm the PS3 clan will be playing together as normal. Not normal though is we're all getting double XP. If you'd like to reap the rewards, let me know in the community thread or the clan page so I can send you an invite before then.

Remember the clan is open to lurkers too ;)

Finally got our tags as well. Unfortunately since the 360 group got their tags first, we can't use "GAF", even though it's on a different system. SMH. Oh well. We'll run with the tag "GAF!" :D

Community Thread

Clan Page

Maybe someone who has done some trial and error can explain this to me, but when is the Range proficiency useful. And what exactly do they mean by effectiveness, less recoil?

And what's the games opinion of "range". Does it mean when you're aiming across a map? Or does it mean any time you're not standing 1 foot away from someone.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Maybe someone who has done some trial and error can explain this to me, but when is the Range proficiency useful. And what exactly do they mean by effectiveness, less recoil?

And what's the games opinion of "range". Does it mean when you're aiming across a map? Or does it mean any time you're not standing 1 foot away from someone.
I think it means that the damage drop off is reduced, meaning you're able to do max damage over a greater distance.

X-Frame

I am really liking the FAD.

Sure it's weak, but given it's a laser gun you don't need Kick so you can run Attachments and put a Silencer and Extended Mags on it. The iron sights are great too and it hip-fires very well.

The lack of integrity in people today just bothers me sometimes. The moment a team gets down, it's not uncommon to see half of them quit. It's utterly pathetic.

No one wants to finish what they started, so just let some poor fool get thrown into their match to replace them, and then he takes the loss 30 seconds later, or gets pounded for 5 minutes by the other team's air support that showed up just as you quit.

This type of behavior doesn't exist on basketball courts around the world because people would bitch slap you for being a quitter. But as we all know, online anonymity brings out the worst in people.

I also blame developers for not penalizing this type of shit more heavily. Losing an XP bonus is not a deterrent at all. You need to lose something more substantial, especially if you have a history of quitting when losing. It's not hard to monitor such things.

This nonsense needs to fucking stop. Excuses like "I quit when I"m not having fun" are bullshit. Finish what you start, or don't start at all. Not everyone can win, and respectable people take a loss like a man.

eek5

The lack of integrity in people today just bothers me sometimes. The moment a team gets down, it's not uncommon to see half of them quit. It's utterly pathetic.

No one wants to finish what they started, so just let some poor fool get thrown into their match to replace them, and then he takes the loss 30 seconds later, or gets pounded for 5 minutes by the other team's air support that showed up just as you quit.

This type of behavior doesn't exist on basketball courts around the world because people would bitch slap you for being a quitter. But as we all know, online anonymity brings out the worst in people.

I also blame developers for not penalizing this type of shit more heavily. Losing an XP bonus is not a deterrent at all. You need to lose something more substantial, especially if you have a history of quitting when losing. It's not hard to monitor such things.

This nonsense needs to fucking stop. Excuses like "I quit when I"m not having fun" are bullshit. Finish what you start, or don't start at all. Not everyone can win, and respectable people take a loss like a man.

The matchmaking in COD is what makes it fun; it's fast and you can get into a lobby really fast. The side effect is a lot of people have realized you can keep rematching and eventually stumble upon really bad players so a lot of parties will back out and try to find easy wins. It's pretty pathetic. I'll personally keep my party in a game when it is competitive because I find it more fun. I'll always "rematch" whether my party wins or loses but I've noticed a lot of people will leave if the game is close. Last night, for example, we beat a team 75-74 in TDM after trailing by 10 kills most of the match. The next match they got their camp game on and were taking the game very seriously from my POV, leading by 5-6 kills up until the 60 kill mark where we took a 65-60 lead. Their entire party immediately backed out. WHAT?

The only time I'll leave a game is if I join solo and I'm starting the match down 20 points with a bunch of killstreaks in the air. No thanks!

Silencer drops your "range" by 25%. Range proficiency increases it by 1.25 (note that this means that running silencer+range is only 93.75% of regular damage curve)

Fine by me
Alright then cool then, Here it is!
We just steamrolled people last night, most of the teams we played we blew them out.
So... Calling in a MOAB in the last few seconds does not extend the timer so you can get your kills like the nuke did in MW2. That's kinda bullshit. :(

No, you start dropping damage at what feels like very short range.

That happened to me a couple of days ago......

I had no clue beforehand, I was little disappointed but now I know better at least.

I didn't wanna upload videos to my channel before I got a mic for some commentary and messed around with some of the editing features in Sony Vegas, but I got alot of good gameplays I wanna share!

I played a Search match last night where someone on my team quit after each successive round. Eventually I lost a 1 v 5.

At least the people in the lobby were really cool and not trying to shit talk. We were all just joking around afterward about how ridiculous the ragequitting can get.

Was playing Kill Confirmed on Village this morning. There was a lot of action by the white truck as usual and I earned a Predator. I went prone on one side and called the missile down pretty much just on the other side as I knew there were enemies and hoped the truck would give me coverage.

I wound up killing 2 guys and when it popped back to my screen I looked like I'd taken damage. Weird thing is that I still had the laptop open, no gun. Enemies were shooting at me and nothing. So I was running around for a few seconds with no weapon but couldn't be killed either. I wound up switching weapons to my Stinger. Now I could at least knife. Finished off the rest of the game invulnerable with enemies shooting the hell out of me and I'd just run up and knife them.

I *sure* hope this was some weird fluke.

BadTaste

Strange bug happened to me today, I got the 18 kill streak Juggernaut but I got it twice. After I threw the first grenade for it, another grenade appeared in my hand, after throwing both - they were both stolen by the enemy..

Top Bottom