• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Ovid

Again, I'm taking anything away from his MOAB. Just pointing out the stupidity that goes on in this game.

Yeah, you can work out more or less where the enemy team will spawn in a TDM, don't you do this?
Of course I do (or did, in MW3). My problem is it should never, EVER, get to the point where I'm right behind you with the gun pointed at your head.

Although I don't play this game anymore, I'm hoping developers read these posts and come to the realization that the way they're currently doing it doesnt work.

Curious to see what the highest K/D people have seen.

I'm pretty sure majority of those high k/d ratios are pure bullshit. Either they camp like bitches or use some other boosting methods. For example, I once checked a match from one BO player who had some insane +10 k/d ratio. It was a free for all match and as soon as the match started he would run to the center of the map and all his little buddies would rush him but not shoot at him. He was the only guy who fired any rounds and he won the match 30-0 or what was the limit... I just don't know what the hell do these guys gain by doing this kind of stat boosting.

I'm pretty sure majority of those high k/d ratios are pure bullshit. Either they camp like bitches or use some other boosting methods. For example, I once checked a match from one BO player who had some insane +10 k/d ratio. It was a free for all match and as soon as the match started he would run to the center of the map and all his little buddies would rush him but not shoot at him. He was the only guy who fired any rounds and he won the match 30-0 or what was the limit... I just don't know what the hell do these guys gain by doing this kind of stat boosting.

Eh there's a bunch of cheesy ways to get high kds, look at maximillians blops videos.

X-Frame

I really wish Final Stand didn't return in MW3. I seem to be very unlucky and encounter people running it way more than I should.

Actually, I wish Deathstreaks were gone altogether.

Again, I'm taking anything away from his MOAB. Just pointing out the stupidity that goes on in this game.

Of course I do (or did, in MW3). My problem is it should never, EVER, get to the point where I'm right behind you with the gun pointed at your head.

Although I don't play this game anymore, I'm hoping developers read these posts and come to the realization that the way they're currently doing it doesnt work.

And that right there is reason why even if developers are reading these posts, they will ignore yours.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I really wish Final Stand didn't return in MW3. I seem to be very unlucky and encounter people running it way more than I should.

Actually, I wish Deathstreaks were gone altogether.
Probably because it's really the only Deathstreak worth using, and with Hardline Pro, it takes one less death to enable it. For that reason, I use it, but I fucking hate the fact that you don't get the kill if you're the one that drops a guy using it. Of all the good changes that Treyarch made with Black Ops that IW ignored, this is one of the worst.

The guy with 16 K/D just plays like wingsofredemption but with far better accuracy and awareness, I saw some of his BLOPS FFAs and he would either go 30-0 or 30-1 in virtually all of them. He probably dashboards out of bad games but it's no hack or boosting. His SPM for TDMs was always 700-1200.

example of a BO TDM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzi-2TvTTuw
(mute button is advisable)

Probably because it's really the only Deathstreak worth using, and with Hardline Pro, it takes one less death to enable it. For that reason, I use it, but I fucking hate the fact that you don't get the kill if you're the one that drops a guy using it. Of all the good changes that Treyarch made with Black Ops that IW ignored, this is one of the worst.

Final Stand and Dead Man's Hand are OP because they have no time limit and last past the first kill. The other death streaks still punish you if you don't play well, and personally I think Juiced and Revenge actually encourage you to play even dumber (lol).

Oh boy, just tried a few matches with the Spas and holy shit that gun is useless now. I don't know if I had a terrible connection or what but it usually took 3-5 hits before I managed to drop anyone. What is this gun's range now, like 10 feet max?

Ovid

Or maybe they SHOULD read his and figure out why they lost a customer.

Thank you.

I don't plan on buying anymore CoD games because of BLOPS and MW3. If they fix the issues on future releases I'd reconsider.

Hopefully, mine and other dollar votes hit them where it hurts too (in the pocket).

NYR

That sucks. The one for Black Ops will show up eventually, though. It might take a couple of days, from what I've heard.

I'm pissed. I thought the trophy system unlocked at 40, but nope, it's 45. A few more levels to go. I'm tired of getting killed by predator missiles.

Thanks for the heads up about the token for black ops. I am still pissed about it, since the 2nd prestige will be my true go at it - the first one is just frustrating since I feel I got robbed of my token.

NYR

The guy with 16 K/D just plays like wingsofredemption but with far better accuracy and awareness, I saw some of his BLOPS FFAs and he would either go 30-0 or 30-1 in virtually all of them. He probably dashboards out of bad games but it's no hack or boosting. His SPM for TDMs was always 700-1200.

example of a BO TDM:

Worst commentary I have ever heard in my life.

aku:jiki

So... I got to find out that even if you call in a MOAB when there's about 15 seconds left, which is enough for the 10 second countdown, you still don't get any kills because the explosion itself takes like 5+ seconds! God damn it IW, robbed of two MOABs in two days! :(

Worst commentary I have ever heard in my life.
Yeah... He's so good at the game that I can't even wrap my head around how it's even possible to be that good, but he's an obnoxious dumbass. Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bAUuC8vVg

Why does he have like 10 toolbars?!

example of a BO TDM:

you weren't lying, his voice is so irritating.

The gameplays were impressive, but the fact that those game plays seem common place for him is what's truly incredible. You would think he'd come across one of those matches thats plauged with lag and shoddy hit detection, since in those matches no amount of accuracy or awareness will stop you from getting killed. Not saying it's impossible to maintain a 16 K/D, it's just to either do that on a game on a P2P network he must've found a way to circumvent the bullshit the game throws at everybody.

rezuth

Wow, my first prestige really fucked up my KDR. Not that it really matters but I was kinda shocked when I checked it and saw that it went down so much.

Gilatif

Anybody else noticed that the Prestige challenges are lifted straight from MW2? Even though there are new kill streaks, only the kill streaks that existed in MW2 count towards the Prestige total. For instance, there is no IMS prestige challenge because it was not im MW2. Is IW really this lazy?

no angel

Anybody else noticed that the Prestige challenges are lifted straight from MW2? Even though there are new kill streaks, only the kill streaks that existed in MW2 count towards the Prestige total. For instance, there is no IMS prestige challenge because it was not im MW2. Is IW really this lazy?

I was also disappointed with the prestige challenges, Blops handled these much better.

NYR

So... I got to find out that even if you call in a MOAB when there's about 15 seconds left, which is enough for the 10 second countdown, you still don't get any kills because the explosion itself takes like 5+ seconds! God damn it IW, robbed of two MOABs in two days! :(

Yeah... He's so good at the game that I can't even wrap my head around how it's even possible to be that good, but he's an obnoxious dumbass. Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bAUuC8vVg

Why does he have like 10 toolbars?!

Jesus. My grandma has less toolbars installed on her comp. Disgraceful.

Gilatif

I was also disappointed with the prestige challenges, Blops handled these much better.

Yeah, I didn't like the fact that some of the B.S. challenges from MW2 were back. Getting the final kill cam by dropping a crate on someone? That's not skill, its blind luck. Maybe waiting until you're a kill or two away from the win and throwing a care package on some oblivious camper, but that's about it. I don't mind getting a 10 kill streak with no kill streaks activated, or getting 2 headshots with one bullet (although that is kinda luck also). I just can't believe they recycled challenges.

This game is almost too damned good. Warts and all, this is by far the best COD I've played, and a real nice experience after the MW2 mess. Now it just needs a big old retro map pack and I'm set.

NYR

This game is almost too damned good. Warts and all, this is by far the best COD I've played, and a real nice experience after the MW2 mess. Now it just needs a big old retro map pack and I'm set.
Agreed, I just find the smaller maps harder to get to those epic killstreaks. Almost all reapers, AC-130s and ospreys are from care packages, or at least that is what I find. On my friends list, the highest kill streak is 12. Maybe my friends just suck. But I think bigger maps from MW2 would be epic, would buy for sure.

Agreed, I just find the smaller maps harder to get to those epic killstreaks. Almost all reapers, AC-130s and ospreys are from care packages, or at least that is what I find. On my friends list, the highest kill streak is 12. Maybe my friends just suck. But I think bigger maps from MW2 would be epic, would buy for sure.

Well, I've been toying with the idea of picking it up for PS3 as well just so that I can check out the later killstreaks. It just isn't happening on PC, and my experience with MW and MW2 on PS3 suggests that those players are push-overs.

Then again, I sort of like running UAV>Airstrike>Chopper. The good old days.

6.5 million copies sold in 24 hours.

Good Luck.

Are you on a PS3 or a 360?

And one of the most popular gaming forums as well as their official forums full of people complaining by and large about the same issues very loudly. being the largest selling game ever should give the devs incentives and the resources to fix issues that irritate a large portion of the fanbase that purchased that many games. I dislike the Treyarch versions of Call of Duty more often than not, but they started their multiplayer from the perspective of correcting alot of what pissed off customers. Some more successful than others, but there was effort.

I payed $100 for a game that to me, turned out like a beautiful buffet with a huge elephant turd as the table centerpiece. I can enjoy the feast, but goddamn does that shit stink and make me lose my appetite. They should know this and maybe they should have a waiter remove the fucking elephant shit so I can enjoy my goddamn meal.

example of a BO TDM:

I'm pretty sure this guy cheeses his way to these scores. If you look at his recent games you can tell that games in which he does well are few and far between. Hell he doesn't even break past 10 kills in most of his games.

Or maybe they SHOULD read his and figure out why they lost a customer.

My point is that millions of people are still playing despite these problems, the complaints of a few who may or may not have quit the game due to this particular issue mean shit to them. This is just the mentality of developers. They will fix these issues when they feel the need to.

My point is that millions of people are still playing despite these problems, the complaints of a few who may or may not have quit the game due to this particular issue mean shit to them. This is just the mentality of developers. They will fix these issues when they feel the need to.

I know, and I get it. But when they 'have to' is going to be when more people are tired of the BS and start buying another game. And at that point it's too late. That's why I said SHOULD.

I'm pretty sure this guy cheeses his way to these scores. If you look at his recent games you can tell that games in which he does well are few and far between. Hell he doesn't even break past 10 kills in most of his games.

I forgot you can look at other peoples recent games. I just checked and well, dude dashboards alot. You can tell from all the defeats and 0/0 games on his games list.

otakuderek

so guys, what's the best weapon load out in this game right now. by that, i mean the overpowered one.

Definitely Type 95 and FMG9's akimboed.

What is everyone's go to class? Mine is:

ACR w/ Kick & RDS
FMG w/ Silencer

Frag & Concussion Grenades

P1: Sleight of Hand Pro
P2: Hardline Pro
P3: SitRep Pro

ZZMitch

I don't really have a go to class. What I have done is most CoD games is separate the maps into categories and make a class for each of those categories. I like to spread out which guns I use I guess.

My best streak is 35 and I've gotten one MOAB so far. KD is 1.73 so I'm nothing special... but I'd def say that everyone on your FL sucks lol. Sorry bro.

tigerin

Definitely Type 95 and FMG9's akimboed.

What is everyone's go to class? Mine is:

ACR w/ Kick & RDS
FMG w/ Silencer

Frag & Concussion Grenades

P1: Sleight of Hand Pro
P2: Hardline Pro
P3: SitRep Pro

Type 95 and dual whatever's as you side arm I'd guess

interesting...

so the pp90m1 aren't up there anymore? how about mp7? never got a chance to try mp7, is it better than the pp90m1 now?

eek5

interesting...

so the pp90m1 aren't up there anymore? how about mp7? never got a chance to try mp7, is it better than the pp90m1 now?

The PP90 and MP7 are both great. I personally prefer the PP90, even after giving the MP7 some time. I mostly play with the MP7 now though and switch to the PP90 when the MP7 isn't working out. (mostly because I have way too many kills with the PP90 and want to even things out :lol)

Here are my weapon stats for reference:
LKfwh.png

The MP7 is a lot more accurate and only has vertical recoil so if your aim isn't spot on it can be painful to use. When I run with the PP90, I'll actually start shooting before I'm even on target then move the irons to the target as I'm shooting. The MP7 on the other hand, I'll put the irons on the target before I start shooting since the recoil goes straight up. Both are really good hip fire guns but I think the spread on the PP90 might be a bit more beneficial. The MP7 is better at long-midrange and long-range but both are pretty useable.

edit: Regarding secondaries: If you don't want to run a "cheap" class, the MP9 is really, really good for what it is. I run MP9 w/ silencer on most of my classes now since I can't be bothered to switch to my dual FMGs at the beginning of every life to burn off the first-time equip penalty. It's great on classes where your primary doesn't run a silencer as well since you can switch to MP9 for sneak attacks.

edit2: I've been thinking about it and I don't think the MP7 is very good for people who enjoy CQB. The RPM is a bit slow so TTK comapred to the PP90 is much less (which is probably why I like the PP90 for hip fire). I find that I lose a lot of head-to-head encounters that I would win with the PP90. Compared to the P90 though, the MP7 is very good. With EXT mags you have a larger mag than P90 (60 rounds!!) with similar RPM. The thing with the MP7 is that rapid fire doesn't increase the ROF by much at all. I was using it and I don't think it is worth it. I've been trying with silencer/ext mag or ext mag + range insread and it's OK but if you like to get up close and personal there is nothing that really compares to the PP90 or the glitched striker.

When I run with the PP90, I'll actually start shooting before I'm even on target then move the irons to the target as I'm shooting.

thats actually really good advice to give to anybody for most of the smg's; start out hipfiring while you ads and adjust your aim while shooting.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What is everyone's go to class?
G36C w/ Attachments (Red Dot Sight + Extended Mags)
Stinger

Semtex
Trophy system

Sleight of Hand
Quickdraw/Hardline (depends on if I'm going with Support/Assault)
Stalker

For everyone that was under the impression IW actually cared about balancing the weapons:

@fourzerotwo
Robert Bowling
@Martymo89 No weapon re-balancing being discussed currently. Focused on gameplay and performance updates first and foremost.

So even though you have shit like LMGs doing less damage than ARs, Shotguns getting hitmarkers at knife range, knife lunges at ranges that shouldn't work, and dual machine pistols killing anything in a split second at any range, they don't feel it is necessary to rebalance the game.

vatstep

For everyone that was under the impression IW actually cared about balancing the weapons:

@fourzerotwo
Robert Bowling
@Martymo89 No weapon re-balancing being discussed currently. Focused on gameplay and performance updates first and foremost.

So even though you have shit like LMGs doing less damage than ARs, Shotguns getting hitmarkers at knife range, knife lunges at ranges that shouldn't work, and dual machine pistols killing anything in a split second at any range, they don't feel it is necessary to rebalance the game.
That tweet came a week before he said that they WOULD be re-balancing the akimbo FMG9s. I don't know if that has actually happened yet (there was a hotfix that didn't seem to change anything), or if they're reevaluating their stance for any other weapons, but it's a small step forward.

Haha, yeah I also took a look at his recent matches and the dude has a tons of games with max 1-5 kills. Definitely something fishy going on.. the dude must dashboard a lot if things are not going his way.

eek5

That tweet came a week before he said that they WOULD be re-balancing the akimbo FMG9s. I don't know if that has actually happened yet (there was a hotfix that didn't seem to change anything), or if they're reevaluating their stance for any other weapons, but it's a small step forward.

Someone said that the hip fire reticle never shrinks when you stop moving now. I'm not sure if it used to shrink on an older version but that is a piss poor "nerf" if that's what they did

Top Bottom