• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

The masses? Type 95 is the masses weapon of choice...

A lot of my deaths come from smgs (pp90) and silenced acrs. I dunno, I don't die often by the type95. It is the gun of choice on maps with a lot of "snipers" (village, fallen) but in those maps I just run blind/assassin/dead silence and use the p90 silenced to run up on them.

Edit: I really hate the recon drone. Blind Eye should definitely have been its counter.

njean777

A lot of my deaths come from smgs (pp90) and silenced acrs. I dunno, I don't die often by the type95. It is the gun of choice on maps with a lot of "snipers" (village, fallen) but in those maps I just run blind/assassin/dead silence and use the p90 silenced to run up on them.

Edit: I really hate the recon drone. Blind Eye should definitely have been its counter.

Well you could use the M4 its a great gun.

It'd be cool if ELITE had more stats like what weapons you've died from most

I'm pretty disappointed in the stat tracking in and outside of Elite. The fact that captures etc. are not included in the baseline scoreboards is pretty silly.

At least they've acknowledged that there may be an issue with spawns. That made me happy.

eek5

I'm pretty disappointed in the stat tracking in and outside of Elite. The fact that captures etc. are not included in the baseline scoreboards is pretty silly.

At least they've acknowledged that there may be an issue with spawns. That made me happy.

I know right? You can't even track how many janky ass knife kills you've gotten. No idea how many kills your killstreaks got, how many times equipment/weapons killed you.. the fuck?

Here is an idea:

GIVE ME STATS

FOR

EVERYTHING!

:lol

X-Frame

Does anyone play Team Defender a lot? Any tips/strategies?

I know it's like multiple game-types in one, whereas some teammates should be going for the flag and building defenses while others go around just killing, painting enemies, scouting, etc but I haven't played it that often.

that's what my superiority complex would tell me to say if my ego was being challenged too.

get over yourself. my stats back up my play style. just because it is different from what works for others doesn't amount to what type of skill you have. being outsmarted is not a skill. if people want to rush me while I tactically move around and I methodically pick them apart doesn't speak any less about my skill in online shooters. being competitive isn't just about the quickest reflexes, especially when reflexes are negated due to the inconsistencies of competitive play over an unreliable network structure.

I know how good I am relative to most people who play on 360, you're the one having to justify your play style for some reason even after I said it was legitimate.

sleepykyo

Why the shit does the game mix teams up after the previous game was an exciting and close game?!

Previous game - 200 to 195 in Dom. Next game. 200 to 87. Nobody left between games. The hell?

Probably just my imagination but the matchmaking seems to be actually designed to create massacres. It'll shift 80% of the top third to one team after an even match, but simply leave the teams as after a massacre. It'll shuffle all the high prestiges to one side while the otherside has lvl 14 prestige and lvl 30s never prestiged, which creates a team that doesn't have solid AA. Oh and the PS3 version won't correct a 10 on 8 match.
Even matches just don't provide enough youtube moments.

I have mixed feelings about the Type95. On one hand, it's disappointing to see that burst rifle s are useless again. On the other hand, it was probably the most whored weapon after akimbo fmgs.

I know right? You can't even track how many janky ass knife kills you've gotten. No idea how many kills your killstreaks got, how many times equipment/weapons killed you.. the fuck?

Here is an idea:

GIVE ME STATS

FOR

EVERYTHING!

:lol

This again is yet another thing they should have taken from treyarch. The leaderboard, lobby, and overall interface was much better in blops. It's crazy that they are so stubborn and won't take anything from them. If it was old IW I could understand but now they are just another part of the activision cod machine.

I know how good I am relative to most people who play on 360, you're the one having to justify your play style for some reason even after I said it was legitimate.

justifying? hahahahaha. there is no need to justify results. you want to state that my play style is one for bad players? this is obviously you venting your frustrations towards a play style that causes you grief. which also happens to be an incorrect assumption of my actual play tactics. pat yourself on the back, dude bro for having a "superior" play style, but as I have already stated, my stats speak in spades for my play style. I don't cry about runners, campers, quick scopers, noob tubers, or whatever, because my play style is adaptable. like I said, your ego causes you to make assumptions about people so that you can vocalize your frustrations about the holes in your skills publicly, without admitting the issue is your inability and not the style of play that causes you grief.

So at work...I'm trying to think of a good Striker class for me. I mainly hip fire using steady aim.

Striker w/Damage & Extended Mags
Striker w/Damage & Grip
Striker w/Range & Grip
Striker w/Range & Extended Mags
Striker w/2 Attachments: Grip & Extended Mags

I feel like the grip adds quite a bit of accuracy and I hate to trade it off but I want the most efficient Striker for running, gunning, and clearing out rooms.

For you shotgunners, which do you think is the best setup for the striker? I've played with most but can't really get a feel on what exactly helps out the most. I've seen some videos but just curious as to what MW3gaf thinks.

Does anyone play Team Defender a lot? Any tips/strategies?

I know it's like multiple game-types in one, whereas some teammates should be going for the flag and building defenses while others go around just killing, painting enemies, scouting, etc but I haven't played it that often.

I do my best when im playing with SMGs and a support package with something i cant remember, Remote sentry and Juggernaut

eek5

Though, you would think that since it's already in Elite, just on the other career page, that it would be an easy thing to add...but i'm not holding my breath :)

I think treyarch went out of their way to track some of those stats since they flshed out barrack stats and perhaps knew ELITE was down the pipeline. Stuff like knife kills weren't tracked until BLOPS afaik

I don't think the current engine even tracks that shit now :/

justifying? hahahahaha. there is no need to justify results. you want to state that my play style is one for bad players? this is obviously you venting your frustrations towards a play style that causes you grief. which also happens to be an incorrect assumption of my actual play tactics. pat yourself on the back, dude bro for having a "superior" play style, but as I have already stated, my stats speak in spades for my play style. I don't cry about runners, campers, quick scopers, noob tubers, or whatever, because my play style is adaptable. like I said, your ego causes you to make assumptions about people so that you can vocalize your frustrations about the holes in your skills publicly, without admitting the issue is your inability and not the style of play that causes you grief.
Avoiding combat and putting yourself in a position to win most encounters (when you are waiting in a corner for someone to run by) is nice. It's just boring. Sure you can get your nice little killstreaks to get your high k/d but you still know what you had to do to get it. Everyone who can run and gun effectively can also sit in a corner and get killstreaks, you can't say campers can run and gun effectively.

You must have fucking hated black ops since it was harder to camp in that game. This game lets you get away with it without punishing you much. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "results" but I assume you are talking about just your K/D.

eek5

So at work...I'm trying to think of a good Striker class for me. I mainly hip fire using steady aim.

Striker w/Damage & Extended Mags
Striker w/Damage & Grip
Striker w/Range & Grip
Striker w/Range & Extended Mags
Striker w/2 Attachments: Grip & Extended Mags

I feel like the grip adds quite a bit of accuracy and I hate to trade it off but I want the most efficient Striker for running, gunning, and clearing out rooms.

For you shotgunners, which do you think is the best setup for the striker? I've played with most but can't really get a feel on what exactly helps out the most. I've seen some videos but just curious as to what MW3gaf thinks.

You definitely want ext mag as long as it's still "bugged" to give more pellets. I think the proficiency is a toss-up between damage and range. I would personally go with range since it will basically increase your killing distance.

Avoiding combat and putting yourself in a position to win most encounters (when you are waiting in a corner for someone to run by) is nice. It's just boring. Sure you can get your nice little killstreaks to get your high k/d but you still know what you had to do to get it. Everyone who can run and gun effectively can also sit in a corner and get killstreaks, you can't say campers can run and gun effectively.

You must have fucking hated black ops since it was harder to camp in that game. This game lets you get away with it without punishing you much. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "results" but I assume you are talking about just your K/D.

once again you are making assumptions. I don't sit at a corner waiting for anyone. running and gunning isn't difficult to do, but results are less consistent due to inconsistent network realities, you may think that your "talent" is what nets you all of your success, but in reality others' network deficiencies might be more in line with what gives you the edge. instead of leaving those things to chance I move slowly, take cover, aim fast, and check my blind spots. it isn't just my kdr. my accuracy, my score, my win ratio (especially since I only play with randoms) are all exceptional.

call it what you will, I could give a shit less, but you attacking a play style off of your incorrect assumption only exposes your frustrations towards that play style, and the flaws of your methods rendering you incapable of accommodating a solution. now you are left crying about it.

Montresor

I tried to play some MW3 online multiplayer and oh my god I suck so much and it's just so fast-paced. I have never really touched the multiplayer in MW1/MW2/Black Ops but so many of the achievements require you play online multiplayer. Daaaammn, I hope I get a little better, ahah.

I think treyarch went out of their way to track some of those stats since they flshed out barrack stats and perhaps knew ELITE was down the pipeline. Stuff like knife kills weren't tracked until BLOPS afaik

I don't think the current engine even tracks that shit now :/
I think MW3 was rushed, after so many people left for respawn they had to scramble to make sure the game would make it's traditional november release, that includes drafting in other developers. A lot of things not related to core gameplay are a actually a step back from Black ops and it lacks polish in many areas.

Danny 117

I tried to play some MW3 online multiplayer and oh my god I suck so much and it's just so fast-paced. I have never really touched the multiplayer in MW1/MW2/Black Ops but so many of the achievements require you play online multiplayer. Daaaammn, I hope I get a little better, ahah.

There are no multiplayer achievements! Unless you're talking about spec ops.. but that can be played solo, too.

test_account

XP-39C²
In campaign it says that i have 100.3% complete. Does anyone know what those extra 0.3% are?

Someone else having CoD fatigue? I've put down tons of hours on MW1, WaW, MW2 and BLOPS. Yesterday I played MW3 again after not playing it for three weeks (Skyrim), and after the first match I was like "God dammit is this boring".
In MW3 i've almost only played Ground War. In previous CoD games i pretty much only played Team Deathmatch. Playing Ground War has changed the experience a bit for me in the positive way. Earlier today i also started to play a bit demolition as variation, that was also fun :)

Kujo

Technically don't you need to be level 50 at the minimum to earn the shot at getting all Spec Ops and Survivor achievements?
Your Spec Ops rank is seperate from your multiplayer rank. You could get to 50 in Spec Ops just by replaying survival and mission modes solo. I did it all before playing much of the multiplayer side

PS_John

Neo Member
The masses? Type 95 is the masses weapon of choice...

From my experience that's not even close. Check for yourself -

Go onto COD Elite > Recent Matches > Select Match > View Heat map

On the timeline you can see the kill feed from all your recent matches, if you scroll down you will notice that the majority of kills are probably from SMGs or fully automatic ARs.

once again you are making assumptions. I don't sit at a corner waiting for anyone. running and gunning isn't difficult to do, but results are less consistent due to inconsistent network realities, you may think that your "talent" is what nets you all of your success, but in reality others' network deficiencies might be more in line with what gives you the edge. instead of leaving those things to chance I move slowly, take cover, aim fast, and check my blind spots. it isn't just my kdr. my accuracy, my score, my win ratio (especially since I only play with randoms) are all exceptional.

call it what you will, I could give a shit less, but you attacking a play style off of your incorrect assumption only exposes your frustrations towards that play style, and the flaws of your methods rendering you incapable of accommodating a solution. now you are left crying about it.

Holy shit you use last stand too?! How bad can you get?

Einbroch

Banned
Borrowed my friend's copy...and...wow.

Never before have I felt punished for trying to flank my enemies. You take a clever route and kill enemies, but because you don't kill the front-most enemies first, waves and waves keep coming and your guys never push forward and I can never move ahead.

Completely backwards and made me shut off my 360. What kind of game does that.

I just came across this and I had to laugh. of course it made me think of this conversation...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-lag-effect-psn-xbox-live-analysis

anybody who thinks that it is purely their skill which accounts for their kill over someone else's lack of when playing over the internet is severely near sighted. you could be receiving data a lot faster than someone else. 27 frames of latency is a huge amount of time. 10 frames of latency is very noticeable in fast paced circumstances, and leads to a huge advantage.

i do NOT avoid fights. i am always in them. i usually rank top in the room (if my bullets are registering at all over the network). i play with tactics. i cover my hot spots. just because i don't run and gun doesn't mean i camp. call me a camper and buy me a tent. but i will still be laughing when my name sits above yours in the match that just ended. i am all for the runners. hell, i am all for all play styles! that is what makes online gaming SO great. AI doesn't have shit on what real players will come up with. finding ways to overcome those challenges is what makes online gaming so worth coming back to. whereas the single player will only get a few passes.

i don't know why people think that mw3 caters to campers. it has a counter to almost every thing. there are no unlimited clay mores, no unlimited noob tubes, and they give enough perks to runners and gunners that you should be able to flush out any camper.

I have a stupid question-is there any way to join fellow clan members so that you end up on the same team? Every time I try to do it I end up on the opposing team.

Just had a good game of Kill Confirmed against MASS Xtortion, Newmanizor56 & TimTegra, but it would have been better if we'd been on the same side.

I don't think I'd tried Kill Confirmed before. Fun game type.

kuYuri

I have a stupid question-is there any way to join fellow clan members so that you end up on the same team? Every time I try to do it I end up on the opposing team.

Just had a good game of Kill Confirmed against MASS Xtortion, Newmanizor56 & TimTegra, but it would have been better if we'd been on the same side.

Maybe if their team has an empty spot but the other team doesn't during the game, it's possible to join their side.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Robert Bowling says, "(Type 95) will still have power but could use a little tweaking, especially at close range." I'm sure it'll still be a viable weapon, but that combo of high damage plus high rate of fire is a bit much.

Protip: Don't fucking join session.

Robert Bowling says, "(Type 95) will still have power but could use a little tweaking, especially at close range." I'm sure it'll still be a viable weapon, but that combo of high damage plus high rate of fire is a bit much.

sounds like they plan to give it bigger hipfire like they did to the FAL in MW2.

This. Just ask Xtortionist for an invite. We were playing half the games while having at least person in the party not playing anyway, so it would have simply meant we switch to ground war and its 18 player lag.

Remove rapid fire, slow shooting rate, make it 2 shots at either long or close distance.

Better yet just take the damage stats of the M16 and Type 95 and switch them. You rarely get more than 1 or 2 bullets on them with the M16 anyway, so it would make both guns more balanced.

X-Frame

Where do you live Xtortionist? I noticed this time as well as maybe a week ago when I joined you guys I had a 3 bar connection whereas each of my pub games are 4 bars.

How does being in a party affect who's host in pub games? Is it always you (the party leader)? Or maybe the game tries to find the best host for all people in a party ..

Where do you live Xtortionist? I noticed this time as well as maybe a week ago when I joined you guys I had a 3 bar connection whereas each of my pub games are 4 bars.

How does being in a party affect who's host in pub games? Is it always you (the party leader)? Or maybe the game tries to find the best host for all people in a party ..

Vegas. I have a strong wired connection.

Pretty sure any player can pull host.

Top Bottom