• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

X-Frame

Has anyone every used the Assault Juggernaut?

I got it twice in a game of Village and both times died in 10 seconds even though I summoned it when my entire team was around me.

First time I was incredibly unlucky and got stunned and then someone with a Striker danced around my body impaling me with 10 shotgun slugs and I was dead. Second time I turned a corner to go to C Dom and the same damn Striker user was sitting in a corner the whole time and got up behind me and again killed me with his Striker along with me being shot and flashed by other enemies.

I just don't see any reason why I would use an Assault Juggernaut (especially if I am running with randoms) over the Pave Low or AC-130.

Are the Akimbo FMG-9's that much more effective than the Akimbo Skorpian's or PM9's?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I got one in a care package once. I also died in about 15-20 seconds. It is absolutely not worth the number of kills required.

Also, I like the looks of the list of upcoming changes. Obviously we knew about the FMG9s, but I guess the Type 95 will meet its maker soon as well. And if they actually improve the spawns, I'll be impressed.

Yeah I play tdm and kill confirmed. Not sure how I could protect a specific area since I pretty much always play pubs.

edit:This is on PC btw and it doesn't help that theres aimbotters or everyone is insta killing me with akimbo smgs.

I don't know how to deal with the cheaters, but I really only play randoms too. protecting an area will get you labeled as a camper, but it is a good way to not get spawn killed. as soon as you spawn in any point find a vantage area where you can cover all of the entrances quickly. you need to locate safe reload and heal locations. once you get used to playing this style instead of run and gun it helps to improve your kdr.

I don't know how to deal with the cheaters, but I really only play randoms too. protecting an area will get you labeled as a camper, but it is a good way to not get spawn killed. as soon as you spawn in any point find a vantage area where you can cover all of the entrances quickly. you need to locate safe reload and heal locations. once you get used to playing this style instead of run and gun it helps to improve your kdr.

Yeah if you camp and don't die because you're sitting in a corner, your chances of being spawn camped go down dramatically.

Bollocks

I think I've found my preferred playstyle, p90 with silencer and rapid fire, I just run around hipfiring with no regard for human life

njean777

I got it twice in a game of Village and both times died in 10 seconds even though I summoned it when my entire team was around me.

First time I was incredibly unlucky and got stunned and then someone with a Striker danced around my body impaling me with 10 shotgun slugs and I was dead. Second time I turned a corner to go to C Dom and the same damn Striker user was sitting in a corner the whole time and got up behind me and again killed me with his Striker along with me being shot and flashed by other enemies.

I just don't see any reason why I would use an Assault Juggernaut (especially if I am running with randoms) over the Pave Low or AC-130.

Are the Akimbo FMG-9's that much more effective than the Akimbo Skorpian's or PM9's?

maybe it was just bad luck on your part, but I got one in a care package and literally got about 8-10 kills with it ( I can not remember the exact number). I would never use it as a killstreak award but its fun to get in a care package.

Random question - why isn't sabotage popular anymore? It was pretty popular in COD4 and Blops, but not so much in MW2 or MW3. Even on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon, I'm finding there's only 1000 - 1500 games (PS3) of Sabotage, completely dwarfed by the other modes.

I'm just shocked given that MW3 hasn't even been out a month, yet this mode doesn't get much attention anymore. In the basic list of games, it's the least played mode.

kuYuri

Random question - why isn't sabotage popular anymore? It was pretty popular in COD4 and Blops, but not so much in MW2 or MW3. Even on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon, I'm finding there's only 1000 - 1500 games (PS3) of Sabotage, completely dwarfed by the other modes.

I'm just shocked given that MW3 hasn't even been out a month, yet this mode doesn't get much attention anymore. In the basic list of games, it's the least played mode.

Sabotage was never as popular as the other modes and for good reason. The majority of the community has ruined Sabotage by making it a "let's just farm kills" mode. Back in CoD4 days, I stopped playing Sabotage as soon as I realized that the majority of games devolved to that and have continued to avoid it in all subsequent games.

SmokeMaxX

The people of CoD don't know how to make it fun. They keep rewarding the wrong things (i.e. getting kills) rather than planting the objective. It's a team game that doesn't give players an incentive to play as a team. You grab the bomb and you're a target. Who wants to do that? If you grab the bomb and your team doesn't cover you, you're pretty much running around with a target on your head. Some players intentionally let the bomb carrier die so they can get more kills or they refuse to protect the bomb-site.

Sabotage would be fine if they tweaked it (I had a list of suggestions to tweak it a while ago that would've made it much better than it is now). I'd personally enjoy an objective based gametype that didn't affect your K:D ratio. That way people would actually be trying to play the objective rather than "no I'm helping the team by sitting in the corner and getting killstreaks." Yeah sure your killstreaks might help, but if you'd plant the bomb, we'd win for sure.

Better suggestion: Bring back War.

it sounds like you play some sort of team death match. if so, you either have to move with your team or protect a specific area for this issue to go away. my kdr is usually around 2.5~2.6. getting spawn killed is the most annoying thing ever and getting rid of it completely in a random spawn competitive game might be impossible but if you do as I suggested it should, at least, be minimized.

I rush alot in tdm and I don't get killed from behind that often at all. You can still predict the spawns in slower paced matches, and if you learn to rush while using the environment to cover your sides, then rushing is something you can do in TDM without getting shot from a blind angle.

tigerin

I rush alot in tdm and I don't get killed from behind that often at all. You can still predict the spawns in slower paced matches, and if you learn to rush while using the environment to cover your sides, then rushing is something you can do in TDM without getting shot from a blind angle.

or run along the edge of the maps. that way, you'll have one less side to worry about.

nomis

No stupid quick scoping fix?
You guys suck!

There would be no such thing as a quick-scoping "fix" as there is nothing "broken" about it. There would only be a quick-scoping "nerf", which is to artificially make it harder to aim and use than assault rifles.

Bollocks

lol I just tried to quickscope myself, takes no skill whatsoever, the autoaim does it all for you, it's just a matter of how fast you can react and pull the trigger

I just started using it a few days ago, I friggin' love it. I've only gotten maybe 5 or 6 so far, but I'm pretty sure out of those only 2 got taken out. The others I managed to keep going for the rest of the round. The times I got killed with it I was ganged up by a bunch of guys throwing stun grenades and finally getting me when I needed to reload and couldn't hold them off with the handgun anymore. I took enough of them with me to make it worth my while though.

Still, even when I do stay alive with it for a long period of time, I find I'm spending more time trying to waddle my way over to the action than I am actually killing people. It's not a killstreak to use if you're strictly looking for kills. I just like it because it's hilarious and I love stomping around like RoboCop.

Why did the make all the shotguns awful in the game EXCEPT for the striker which is the best shotgun in any of cowadooty ive played?

Because they basically force you to use range and extended mags on every shotgun. They aren't as bad then, but unfortunately you still have to deal with the fact that everything else is so buffed that by no coincidence the only no-cap semi-auto shotgun in the game is the one everyone has the easiest time with.

Although i do partially blame the fact that most of the people playing call of duty don't know how to use the shotguns or I wouldn't have been pretty much the only guy in Black Ops with 14000 olympia kills and 7000 stakeout kills.

X-Frame

I just started using it a few days ago, I friggin' love it. I've only gotten maybe 5 or 6 so far, but I'm pretty sure out of those only 2 got taken out. The others I managed to keep going for the rest of the round. The times I got killed with it I was ganged up by a bunch of guys throwing stun grenades and finally getting me when I needed to reload and couldn't hold them off with the handgun anymore. I took enough of them with me to make it worth my while though.

Still, even when I do stay alive with it for a long period of time, I find I'm spending more time trying to waddle my way over to the action than I am actually killing people. It's not a killstreak to use if you're strictly looking for kills. I just like it because it's hilarious and I love stomping around like RoboCop.

What maps did you use it on?

And yeah I think it's funny too especially when they expect the Support Juggernaut but then get a machine gun stuffed in their face.

The M60 is horribly inaccurate though.

Xux

The people of CoD don't know how to make it fun. They keep rewarding the wrong things (i.e. getting kills) rather than planting the objective. It's a team game that doesn't give players an incentive to play as a team. You grab the bomb and you're a target. Who wants to do that? If you grab the bomb and your team doesn't cover you, you're pretty much running around with a target on your head. Some players intentionally let the bomb carrier die so they can get more kills or they refuse to protect the bomb-site.

Sabotage would be fine if they tweaked it (I had a list of suggestions to tweak it a while ago that would've made it much better than it is now). I'd personally enjoy an objective based gametype that didn't affect your K:D ratio. That way people would actually be trying to play the objective rather than "no I'm helping the team by sitting in the corner and getting killstreaks." Yeah sure your killstreaks might help, but if you'd plant the bomb, we'd win for sure.

Better suggestion: Bring back War.
It feels like Team Defender does what people turn Sabotage into a bit better. Just like Kill Confirmed can be a better TDM and War was a better take on the linear Domination setups. They should make the timer in Sabotage ten minutes again and raise the amount of points exponentially for the earlier you plant and get a successful detonation...and make Team Defender twenty minutes with no score limit.

One thing that irks me is the lack of objective challenges in MW3 after Black Ops had multiple for each game type; IW still hasn't put a challenge for Headquarters into one of their games.

If you attach the shotgun or grenade launcher attachment it gives the weapon a higher rate of fire

So the CM-901 is nerfed?
It was(is) the absolutely the worst gun without that buff .

I also see no notes to make LMGs & Shotguns competitive for their "balancing".

That CM-901 nerf is enough to push me off the edge, I selling this while I can still get something decent for it. This game has nothing on MW2.

nomis

:/ I just wish they would make shotguns better. What's the point of making them a primary if they are terrible?

I think Infinity Ward has a love/hate relationship with them. They seem to have boners for how good Sandy Ravage was with the MW2 spas because of how many pellets each shot had. BUT on the other hand, I just rewatched the MW3 weapon proficiencies video that came out before release and they intentionally show a couple second clip of JUST someone getting hit markers from about 10 feet away with the 1887, and then the video continues with other clips. It was intentionally included to gloat about how they nerfed even the most powerful shotgun in MW3.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgyMHpyuBY#t=1m41s

lol I just tried to quickscope myself, takes no skill whatsoever, the autoaim does it all for you, it's just a matter of how fast you can react and pull the trigger

Also sounds a bit like using an assault rifle to me.

ChanHuk

Banned
To add to the 99 problems, my PS3 freezes when I play online 2 player split screen after about 20-30mins. Anybody else have this issue?

i think is a little overrated on here tbh. most of the times, you hardly knows where your enemies are especially with this respawn system, unless you run around throwing flash bangs and tubing everywhere you go. recon pro is not that useful either. if i shoot a guy, more than half the times, he's going to be dead. so there is no point of seeing where the arrow points. but like you said, it's probably good for team based especially when i play with people from gaf. but most of the times, i play randoms and everyone is looking after themselves basically.

I never use any launchers with Recon and it still pays off big time. Painting enemies with bullets is useful when they're at range or if you're using a silencer since it's going to be 4-5 bullets to kill normally. And once someone is painted with Recon, they're literally completely fucked; enjoy being constantly on the radar as an arrow for 12 seconds! Use with Hardline Pro for a ton of free points toward your pointstreak.

Everyone, I implore you to at least try out Recon. Don't be fooled by the description - "Explosive damage" applies to flash and concussion grenades too. Think of the base version as Tac Mask Pro's painting ability from Blops, that also happens works for grenades (and bullets once upgraded to Pro).

kuYuri

i think is a little overrated on here tbh. most of the times, you hardly knows where your enemies are especially with this respawn system, unless you run around throwing flash bangs and tubing everywhere you go. recon pro is not that useful either. if i shoot a guy, more than half the times, he's going to be dead. so there is no point of seeing where the arrow points. but like you said, it's probably good for team based especially when i play with people from gaf. but most of the times, i play randoms and everyone is looking after themselves basically.

It really is that good and doesn't change the fact that it's the only viable counter, along with Recon Drone, against Assassin users.

kuYuri

How's the XM25 work for you with Recon? Was stalking your classes on Elite : p

It's alright. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I tend to use it to fire at corners to scout out potential campers.

With that class, I try to avoid CQC when possible and go for tagging people. Usually it's a class I save for when I'm facing a team that has at maybe 3 Assassin users or lots of camping. Sometimes just for fun.

What maps did you use it on?

And yeah I think it's funny too especially when they expect the Support Juggernaut but then get a machine gun stuffed in their face.

The M60 is horribly inaccurate though.

Um... I've gotten it a few times on Carbon and Fallen. Can't recall the other maps off the top of my head where I've managed to earn one. It's really easy to stay alive as a Juggernaut on Carbon since you're not going to be stuck out in the open too much. Same with Fallen, but I did get taken down there after a while because I got stuck in that back alleyway near flag C in Domination and they kept spawning around the corner behind the house that overlooks C. They got me while I was reloading both guns with a ton of stun grenades.

Yeah, the M60 is pretty crap. If there's a group of guys coming at you, I like to do a little hip fire spray with it to thin them out, then switch to the handgun to finish them off.

Anyone got either of these combat cards, the Mtn Dew Maps or MW3 Perks? I've got Mtn Dew Weap and Perks to trade for em.

cards.jpg

I picked this up today after being not too impressed with a certain other game and I have to say I'm loving this. Now I'm wondering if I wasn't sick of cod, just Black Ops. All the maps in this are so good, guns feel so impactful and more accurate, I love the new leveling system, they way they cleaned up the interface, all the menus are slick and sharp. I'm really impressed. :)

Touch

Just played against xJawz. He quit not even mid way through the match with his team winning. I think I might have buzzkilled him or something. Not anything special, just thought it was pretty interesting to randomly get to play against him.

I remember back in BlOps I played against TheMarkOfJ and got completely ran through. :D Anyone ever get to play with or against some of the more "known" "Youtube herpnderp cool kid" "MLGpro" COD players?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Just played against xJawz. He quit not even mid way through the match with his team winning. I think I might have buzzkilled him or something. Not anything special, just thought it was pretty interesting to randomly get to play against him.

I remember back in BlOps I played against TheMarkOfJ and got completely ran through. :D Anyone ever get to play with or against some of the more "known" "Youtube herpnderp cool kid" "MLGpro" COD players?

When playingthe game a few days pre release, I was also running into a eerie amount of extremely popular youtubers and nearly half of them would drop out of a losing match. Played some with MarkOfJ, guy is damn good.

I steamrolled WingsofRedemption (Unlimited UAV) on in Blops (Domination on Jungle_. He didn't quit though and was playing as selfless as possible with regards to the objective. Props to him for that.

njean777

I have played some MLG players on both ps3 and 360, if they really are players of MLG I have no clue. But I didn't seem to due to bad against any of them.

Radec

Man, I'm thinking of coming back to this game after selling it last week. I tried to play other games but after an hour or two, I tend to just turn off the console. lol

I'd like to gold all ARs and posibly SMGs too and stay in that prestige level. Prestige 3 looks the best looking emblem IMO. Decisions.. decisions..

tigerin

I never use any launchers with Recon and it still pays off big time. Painting enemies with bullets is useful when they're at range or if you're using a silencer since it's going to be 4-5 bullets to kill normally. And once someone is painted with Recon, they're literally completely fucked; enjoy being constantly on the radar as an arrow for 12 seconds! Use with Hardline Pro for a ton of free points toward your pointstreak.

Everyone, I implore you to at least try out Recon. Don't be fooled by the description - "Explosive damage" applies to flash and concussion grenades too. Think of the base version as Tac Mask Pro's painting ability from Blops, that also happens works for grenades (and bullets once upgraded to Pro).

It really is that good and doesn't change the fact that it's the only viable counter, along with Recon Drone, against Assassin users.

don't get me wrong, it's not a bad perk(silencer seems like a good idea.) but you guys would put it over blind eye and sleight of hand as best perk 1?

i love blind eye, i can literally sit in the middle of the map with a strafe run storming through and i'm still fine.

sleight of hands does everything faster, i shoot down a uav and counter uav in less than 7 seconds. with hardline pro, i basically gets predator missiles every freaking 2 kills.

kuYuri

don't get me wrong, it's not a bad perk(silencer seems like a good idea.) but you guys would put it over blind eye and sleight of hand as best perk 1?

i love blind eye, i can literally sit in the middle of the map with a strafe run storming through and i'm still fine.

sleight of hands does everything faster, i shoot down a uav and counter uav in less than 7 seconds. with hardline pro, i basically gets predator missiles every freaking 2 kills.

Well, I would definitely not put it above any of the other blue perks. I only have 1 class with Recon, the rest have ExCon, SoH, Blind Eye, etc. It's not the be all, end all. At the end of the day, it's all preference, but I recommend at least one class with Recon, you never know when it's useful with your team.

Touch

Just tried Recon, ... what in the fuck?! This is like cheating and I don't even have the Pro version yet. I'm thinking about making this my first perk for a lot of my classes. Even used it with the XM25 like mention above. It makes the thing ten times better sense it's a hit marker machine.

Useless in Hardcore mode, but damn if you all weren't lying about this being a high tier perk.

I think I've found my preferred playstyle, p90 with silencer and rapid fire, I just run around hipfiring with no regard for human life

This... range/silencer or attachments/rapid/silence. I pretty much carry the p90 over into every prestige and have the gold camo by level 50.

Top Bottom