• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

I don't know if to blame IW or the community but people camp in this game way more than blops. This happened in mw2 as well, cod4 it wasn't a problem.

Sorry not camping, patrolling an area

I wish i had theatre mode on so i could record that streak on Mission.

I don't know if to blame IW or the community but people camp in this game way more than blops. This happened in mw2 as well, cod4 it wasn't a problem.

You haven't seen camping until you have played a few games of Team Defender. It always manages to center around one small building (such as the corner building with the spiral stairs on lockdown). I can't think of any hardcore camping spot in Village, but I'm sure I'd find out about one by playing team defender on that map.

Whoever SEBattleship is, you need to mention you're from GAF, I don't accept random invites. :p

Ahem! Had a good time playing with y'all tonight. This game is so much less frustrating when not playing with randoms.

Someone in our party mentioned new killstreaks and perks that were uncovered through the elite website. Does anyone have a link?

sleepykyo

COD4 was the first game so the "I support my team by raining fire from the sky" hadn't really taken hold yet. Then the Nuke came in MW2.

Maps are also way too messy in this game. Too many neck high cover situations.

Ahem! Had a good time playing with y'all tonight. This game is so much less frustrating when not playing with randoms.

Someone in our party mentioned new killstreaks and perks that were uncovered through the elite website. Does anyone have a link?

Don't have the list but it's probably all cut stuff since Commando was among them.

kuYuri

I didn't mention it, but I found this through Googling.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/top...-marinewinter/page__pid__4701021#entry4701021

My guess is that they were perks that were in development, but ultimately removed/didn't make it into the final game. Assuming this is true of course.

EDIT: Beaten.

aku:jiki

COD4 was the first game so the "I support my team by raining fire from the sky" hadn't really taken hold yet. Then the Nuke came in MW2.

They're camping because the game is laggy and twitch encounters feel like shit in this game, not because of nukes.

Found the link. Looks VERY fake if you ask me.

Here it is
I was going to say that, hey, IW designers aren't that bad at making icons so these cannot possibly be real, even as placeholders... Then I remembered that they decided to hire some 16-y/o intern for all the emblem/icon design in this game. :/

Read the rest of that thread, and it's real as in they're actually on Elite. Here's the AKS74u image hosted on CoD.com:

weapon_aks74u_small.png

It's definitely the MW3 style, but why would they ditch an iconic weapon like that and instead work on stuff like the PM-9?

Sniper + ACOG + Stability = ???

Is this set up any good?
Might be worth trying out if Stability can raise the typically low ACOG accuracy!

Read the rest of that thread, and it's real as in they're actually on Elite. Here's the AKS74u image hosted on CoD.com:

weapon_aks74u_small.png

It's definitely the MW3 style, but why would they ditch an iconic weapon like that and instead work on stuff like the PM-9?

Might be worth trying out if Stability can raise the typically low ACOG accuracy!

For real. The pm9 is such a fucking waste of space. Sometimes there is no doubt in my mind hat IW are a bunch of dense idiot-wads.

eek5

I'd love to see the F2000 return. It was one of my favorite guns in MW2. Then again, I have a thing for terrible guns :lol

Maybe they can do DLC guns. Bring back the TAR-21, F2000, AK-74 and G3.

...and MP-44 *runs*

MP-44 was for the guys who knew how to use its zero sway. You had to earn that no sway by having the shittiest ironsights in the game.

Then MW2 and Black Ops came out and everyone was spoiled with their no sway, no recoil assault rifles.

Played a match with a clan mate tonight, and the entire opposing team of randoms camped in bushes the whole time on Fallen and Village. I don't even know how they coordinated that with no microphones.

We eventually just went bush to bush, clearing them out and carrying our team of randoms (who were too dumb to figure out what was going on) to victory.

We decided afterwards that new killstreaks in MW4 need to include a Tractor that you can call in to cut down bushes, a targeted napalm strike called "Burning Bush," and decoy bushes that act as proximity mines if you stay near them for 3 seconds without moving.

kuYuri

weapon_aks74u_small.png

Eh, the UMP/MP5/PP90 fills the AK74u niche nicely, we don't need another weapon that's like it.

PM9 fills the same slot the Uzi occupied.

I'd love to see the F2000 return. It was one of my favorite guns in MW2. Then again, I have a thing for terrible guns :lol

FAD is spiritual successor to F2000, except it's way better.

Eh, the UMP/MP5/PP90 fills the AK74u niche nicely, we don't need another weapon that's like it.

PM9 fills the same slot the Uzi occupied.
That doesn't even make any sense. The UZI has always sucked. Why would they need to put a crappy one in there just because?

Also, there's no pre-defined way an AK74u needs to be in this game, considering they just take the real-world look of a gun and then give it whatever shooting characteristics they feel like. It was a laser in Black Ops, but in CoD4 it was an unleashed beast with difficult recoil. We have no idea what they'd do with it this time.

chriskun

I understand what they were trying to do but the map design just ended up being really terrible, I dont think it would be so bad if they fixed the spawning though.

hamchan

Patrolling an area isn't camping imo. Real camping is someone going prone in a corner of the map and just sitting there doing nothing except ADS the whole match.

Xux

I only think "camping" is bad when they're not contributing. A kind of rule of thumb is that it's not camping if you win because of it. :lol

Stantron

I'm really trying to play through the lag, but this shit just pisses me off more and more. I can't engage people head on, whether I'm surprising them or not. There's not much you can do when the enemy has such a significant time advantage over you. *sigh*

Knifing is just as bad as it's ever been sans the commando perk. "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, the focus is on gun-on-gun" my ass. People still lunge through on coming bullets to knife you.

And how hard would it be to program the code so that you keep your custom class names after each prestige?

X-Frame

I'm really trying to play through the lag, but this shit just pisses me off more and more. I can't engage people head on, whether I'm surprising them or not. There's not much you can do when the enemy has such a significant time advantage over you. *sigh*

Knifing is just as bad as it's ever been sans the commando perk. "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, the focus is on gun-on-gun" my ass. People still lunge through on coming bullets to knife you.

And how hard would it be to program the code so that you keep your custom class names after each prestige?

Last night I played in games where enemies had a second of time extra to kill me. In my many deaths I counted when watching the killcam and comparing and they were all over a second. It's crazy.

I feel like I would'be noticed such lag in MW2 but I don't remember much.

How could there be a second of lag in games where the matchmaking claimed to have matched people based on < 50 ms of ping?

You should take up Checkers, where there's only one way to play. I think you'd really enjoy it.

I think you took my statement the wrong way, I have nothing against camping and I consider it a valid playstyle. I'm also aware that there is more than one way to camp just as there is more than one way to rush.

I don't know what it s about this game, but more of the rushers on this game seem to cry more than any iteration of cod before it. they can't handle a multitude of play styles even in a game that has reduced the ability to trap ambush rushers. no matter how easy IW has made it to flush out campers, they continually cry because they can't adapt. snipers are at a disadvantage close range and they cry about that. the sub machine gun is one of the most effective guns in this game, but it doesn't seem to garner all the "OP" hate that snipers even seem to get. even with dual fmg9's I don't have an issue. I don't really think the game needs any tweaks besides lag compensation. which, really is to a point where I wouldn't mind if they left it alone.

I don't know what it s about this game, but more of the rushers on this game seem to cry more than any iteration of cod before it. they can't handle a multitude of play styles even in a game that has reduced the ability to trap ambush rushers. no matter how easy IW has made it to flush out campers, they continually cry because they can't adapt. snipers are at a disadvantage close range and they cry about that. the sub machine gun is one of the most effective guns in this game, but it doesn't seem to garner all the "OP" hate that snipers even seem to get. even with dual fmg9's I don't have an issue. I don't really think the game needs any tweaks besides lag compensation. which, really is to a point where I wouldn't mind if they left it alone.
I think you're a little confused. Rushers are not complaining about snipers, campers and "defensive players" are complaining that some ADD kid can just show up in their face and one-shot them before they can react. Rushers just dropshot snipers, not an issue for them.

And you hear rushers rage more in this, both in-game and on forums, because the netcode is a piece of shit that can't actually handle rushing. The only playstyle that works properly and consistently in this game is camping and "patrolling." Furthermore, I don't see how you figure that comment about the netcode makes sense. Exactly who do you figure you'll kill from your camping spot if all rushers ditch this game due to the poor netcode? You should be wishing for better netcode as much as anyone.

Have now raised my K/D from .97ish to almost 1.06. At least broke even last night, with a highlight game, for me at least, of 26-6 (all me, no killstreaks).

Things I love:
- Almost all the SMG's. Especially the PP90 and the P90. This is welcomed as I thought SMGs were more or less useless in BLOPS, IMO.
- C4. Never been big on it, but with the level designs, I have it on every profile. Like it more than every other option in that slot. Have so much fun with it.
- Favorite Perks are now Recon, Assassin, Steady Aim(SMGs)/Marksman(Assault Rifles)
- Im a bad man. A very, very bad man. But I love me some Type 95 with rapid fire.
- Kill Confirmed. Great mode.

Things I hate:
- The shotguns need a serious buff. I want to use the SPAS. And the Model 1887. And the Striker. But it takes all of one game before I leave for greener pastures aka SMGs and Assault Rifles.
- The first CoD that makes me feel like Im on crazy pills sometimes. I'll go 20-8, and still be annoyed at like 4-5 of my deaths. This CoD leads all others on "Turn corner, see someone's full back, start firing... and die all of a sudden."
- Predator Missles. I really wish I had the percentage of the ones that hit me. If it's not over 60%, Ill eat my shoe. Some of the predator killcams are amazingly stomach turning. lol
- Already beaten into the ground... but lag and spawns especially... so on and so forth.

Have now raised my K/D from .97ish to almost 1.06. At least broke even last night, with a highlight game, for me at least, of 26-6 (all me, no killstreaks).

Things I love:
- Almost all the SMG's. Especially the PP90 and the P90. This is welcomed as I thought SMGs were more or less useless in BLOPS, IMO.
- C4. Never been big on it, but with the level designs, I have it on every profile. Like it more than every other option in that slot. Have so much fun with it.
- Favorite Perks are now Recon, Assassin, Steady Aim(SMGs)/Marksman(Assault Rifles)
- Im a bad man. A very, very bad man. But I love me some Type 95 with rapid fire.
- Kill Confirmed. Great mode.

Things I hate:
- The shotguns need a serious buff. I want to use the SPAS. And the Model 1887. And the Striker. But it takes all of one game before I leave for greener pastures aka SMGs and Assault Rifles.
- The first CoD that makes me feel like Im on crazy pills sometimes. I'll go 20-8, and still be annoyed at like 4-5 of my deaths. This CoD leads all others on "Turn corner, see someone's full back, start firing... and die all of a sudden."
- Predator Missles. I really wish I had the percentage of the ones that hit me. If it's not over 60%, Ill eat my shoe. Some of the predator killcams are amazingly stomach turning. lol
- Already beaten into the ground... but lag and spawns especially... so on and so forth.

It's not just you. Even if I don't die alot, the few times I die feel like they happen in a completely obnoxious manner and I get annoyed lol.

It feels like predator missiles have a priority on what they're initially aimed at. What I mean is, when you call in a predator missile, the first person in your view is probably a player on a killstreak or a player who is doing really well. In MW2 it wasn't like this I think. Predator missiles in MW2 seemed to be aimed at wherever there was a large grouping of players.

Oh and kill confirmed would be a great game type if people played it. I look at lobby leader boards and people don't even confirm half their kills and in the game they don't even use them as bait, they simply stay in their corner and never pick them up.

And yes deaths in this game are annoying. "oh your team is down by 10 points and you only have 1 cap point but youre hiding behind a barrel away from any capture points..."

Or

Watch kill cam, they spawned 2 feet from you.

Radec

It's not just you. Even if I don't die alot, the few times I die feel like they happen in a completely obnoxious manner and I get annoyed lol.

It feels like predator missiles have a priority on what they're initially aimed at. What I mean is, when you call in a predator missile, the first person in your view is probably a player on a killstreak or a player who is doing really well. In MW2 it wasn't like this I think. Predator missiles in MW2 seemed to be aimed at wherever there was a large grouping of players.

When an enemy calls a Predator Missile, it fucking gets me everytime.

Especially when I'm 1 kill away from a killstreak.

Fucking Fate/Destiny/etc.

Danny 117

When an enemy calls a Predator Missile, it fucking gets me everytime.

Especially when I'm 1 kill away from a killstreak.

Fucking Fate/Destiny/etc.

I usually stay in the vicinity of my trophy systems when I have them selected and laugh at predator missiles blowing up before they hit me :lol

I think you're a little confused. Rushers are not complaining about snipers, campers and "defensive players" are complaining that some ADD kid can just show up in their face and one-shot them before they can react. Rushers just dropshot snipers, not an issue for them.

And you hear rushers rage more in this, both in-game and on forums, because the netcode is a piece of shit that can't actually handle rushing. The only playstyle that works properly and consistently in this game is camping and "patrolling." Furthermore, I don't see how you figure that comment about the netcode makes sense. Exactly who do you figure you'll kill from your camping spot if all rushers ditch this game due to the poor netcode? You should be wishing for better netcode as much as anyone.

I'm not confused. I'll hear all sorts of crying from the rushing camp for these balancing issues that need to be fixed that aren't even real issues. of course net code could always be better, but nothing is perfect. I don't have an issue with any aspect of the online game compared to the bullshit perks and killstreaks from MW2, and that ass net code from back ops. I don't care if rushers exist or not. I will get my kills either way because I don't sit in a corner. I kill tons of campers, just the same as rushers.

I just don't hear as much complaining from any other groups about this game than rushers. which is strange because the perk systems and killstreak system cater to rushers.

how can weapons need a huge adjustment when every gun only takes 3-6 bullets to kill and the rates of fire negate that difference? the guns that kill with 1-2 bullets need to be aimed more accurately and have the disadvantage of single shot or burst firing.

Sh0k

Just prestiged for the first time and used my token to unlock the ACR early. If I prestige again, can I use another token and unlock something else from the list or this is a one time use when you first prestige ?

Is amazing how barely nobody uses anti-air support inn free-for-all and the next time I prestige I would like to unlock the Stinger.

Hmmm... I haven't used C4 at all yet but now that you mention it I can image it being very useful in a lot of maps. Gotta try it the next time.

Predator Missles. I really wish I had the percentage of the ones that hit me. If it's not over 60%, Ill eat my shoe. Some of the predator killcams are amazingly stomach turning. lol

Yeah, that's one stat I've been wishing for too.. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only not using the blind eye perk cos those missiles always seem to come after me.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
soooo many players lay on their stomach in a corner whole game, quite pathetic.

i bet they have callus on their belly

Top Bottom