• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Holy shit you use last stand too?! How bad can you get?
You just learned what p2p gaming is like?

where the hell are you coming up with this shit? are you seriously that daft?! do you not live in an English speaking country? seriously. i am trying to figure out why you lack any reading comprehension. i know what p2p gaming is, and if you actually looked at the article you would have noticed that they believe MW3 uses client server and not p2p. i have been stating for quite a while why i could care less about running and gunning and how it doesn't prove skill. i offered proof to that argument and then you come at me with an elementary retort with zero intelligence offering no valid counter? i can see why you are so quick to judge what others do without knowing what they do.

if you were smart enough to do the math... with a 2.5~2.6 kdr. i am not getting death streaks all that often. it wouldn't matter what death streak perk i had, now would it? death streaks are for people that can't stay alive, but with your vast knowledge of all things dootie, i kind of figured you would have got that by now.

nowhere have i ever stated what perks i like to use, what weapons, what load outs, that i sit in a corner and camp or not, or any other silly implications you might make. i find it useless to waste any more words on your ineptness with English interpretation.

They actually put that in the article? They are wrong. They upped the delay on "anti lag" which has been in the engine since cod4.

Also left senseless I strongly believe you should stop using the type 95, only bad people use it.

eek5

My main problem with the T95 is that at close range it does an accurate hip fire burst of 3 bullets and only needs 2 to kill. On top of that you can spam it with RF. They need to adjust the damage from 55 to 49 (basically requiring a full burst to kill) and increase the hip spread so people can't hip fire it like a SMG. Something with that kind of TTK shouldn't be able to shoot that accurately from the hip.

It's 2 shots at close right now. Unless you're referring to changing it to 2 bursts, in which case it joins the M16 in being useless.

The only reason that the M16 is useless right now isn't because of the damage, but because the damage combined with the recoil, slow rate of fire, and shitty sights make the gun useless. If the M16 had the Type 95's damage and vice versa, i can assure you that people would be considering both viable but not cheap because the gun with the shitty recoil only needs two of those hard to shoot bullets at close range for the kill will the type 95 will almost always need to fire a second burst (accept for getting all the bullets on them in one burst at the effective range) but can more easily do so.

EDIT: I'm unable to sign in as well. Hopefully microsoft fixes this quick.

he gets a little emotional when I leave :p jkjk

Uh, we lost by 2 points and I was doing horribly. Not to mentioned we steamrolled his team 65-30 (Kill Confirmed) the previous game.

Look, if I want to play against specific people, I'll do a private match. Simple as that. Please don't join my session.

Uh, we lost by 2 points and I was doing horribly. Not to mentioned we steamrolled his team 65-30 (Kill Confirmed) the previous game.

Look, if I want to play against specific people, I'll do a private match. Simple as that. Please don't join my session.

What is the reasoning behind attitudes like this?

Uh, we lost by 2 points and that guy trying to use an 1887 was doing horribly.

fixed that for ya. At least I made up for it with that dome match.

New dashboard update completely screwed everything up tonight. I've been getting disconnected from games constantly.
At least you can get online.

Of course Microsoft though that the best time to release an update that allows cloud saves is when everyone is playing a game that people constantly make hundreds of saves on (Skyrim).

njean777

I was joking, I was in that game, I believe, unless it was after the domination matches. I left after the hardhat domination match. BTW domination is much better with gaffers then randoms we did pretty well.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I just wanted to say thanks to the Gaf clan for the excellent title.

Have the dual lions with 'Believe' in the middle is so awesome. I really despised the titles in MW3, and now I love mine to death.

eek5

Will do-thanks. I'm not well versed in the 360 request/invite system.

It's not really 360-specific. Join in progress and then having priority to be on the person you joined's team was a treyarch thing in BLOPS. It's no longer like that and the "random" matchmaking will arbitrarily move people around regardless of how you entered the lobby.

Radec

My main problem with the T95 is that at close range it does an accurate hip fire burst of 3 bullets and only needs 2 to kill. On top of that you can spam it with RF. They need to adjust the damage from 55 to 49 (basically requiring a full burst to kill) and increase the hip spread so people can't hip fire it like a SMG. Something with that kind of TTK shouldn't be able to shoot that accurately from the hip.

I hope they don't nerf the T95 to death like what they did to MW2's M16.

I meant MW2's M16 was godly, then was nerfed to oblivion on Blops and MW3.

What's the distinct difference between Red Dot and Holo btw ?

IMO the Holo is just bigger. :/

In MW2 if you put the holo sight on the M16, the burst's spread was tightened, making one-hit kills easier to get at range.

aku:jiki

I think I've asked before, but do we know yet what Reset Stats does? Has any YouTuber or someone done it yet? I can't decide if I want to hit 10th and stay there (so I can finally try out shotguns as they're supposed to be, for one) or reset myself and start over.

Really? I always thought the cod4 m16 was better then mw2... Huh interesting
The FAMAS is better than both anyway.

Radec

I think I've asked before, but do we know yet what Reset Stats does? Has any YouTuber or someone done it yet? I can't decide if I want to hit 10th and stay there (so I can finally try out shotguns as they're supposed to be, for one) or reset myself and start over.

The FAMAS is better than both anyway.

Most likely all the stats you can see except the Prestige 10 rank.

zam

Hoping that they fix the matchmaking soon, 99% of all my MW3 games have been against other swedes and a large majority of swedish mw3 players (or swedish fps players) are super tryhards. At least add the option to search for any matches or just matches against local opponents. The forced local search is a little annoying, in MW2 and Blops I loved playing against americans or brits and hear them rage, playing against swedes only has gotten tired really fast.

Then again the games I have played against americans or brits have been pretty laggy. Why did they have to go and fuck up the netcode, in MW2 it was pretty good.

I meant MW2's M16 was godly, then was nerfed to oblivion on Blops

what are you talking about? It was exactly the same in blops, but you couldn't use stopping power or holo sights for a buff. It was still a 1 or 2 burst kill usually because of blops' no sway (even on acog sights) and the M16's low recoil.

But in MW3, the gun has high recoil, a slow rate of fire, and really mediocre sights (the old narrow M16 sights were always better).

eek5

so basically you want the ARs, SMGs and Snipers to not have the SP buff that they have in this game.

Only Snipers and T95 have SP built into them. The other guns really don't

Vest gives 70 additional health btw, not 30 that a lot of places are claiming.

The M16 has got worse with every additional COD release since COD4. Depressing.

its bad in BF3 also (the m16A4). Makes me wonder if the actual gun was changed in some fashion. Every game ive played since MW2 that has an M16A4 seems to be weaker. BC2 was weak too.

Scarecrow

When I use a prestige token to unlock equipment, does that cascade through all future prestige levels? or will the equipment I unlock reset to neutral the next time I prestige?

eek5

When I use a prestige token to unlock equipment, does that cascade through all future prestige levels? or will the equipment I unlock reset to neutral the next time I prestige?

Yes you keep it forever. It also resets all weapon XP when you prestige.

Top Bottom