• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

aku:jiki

TestOfTide said:
aku:jiki, if you don't want to believe my words here's the actual numbers on the recoil of the MP5 and AK74u in CoD4 and Black Ops:
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/v...yDen/Range.png
http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/
Those numbers are for the bullet spread caused by recoil. The visual recoil doesn't always match that, and I don't feel like it does for the CoD4 AK. The video shows that pretty clearly - the gun jumps around more than the bullets actually do, while the MP5 barely jumps around at all.

Oh, and people really should have complained about the MP5, or any SMG, with RF in BO. It was a joke how fast they would kill with so little recoil.

What is the "best" sniper in the game?
The MSR.

Holy crap, the Striker is beast.
At first I had trouble using it, which drove me frickin crazy, but after getting used to it it's just too good.
Same with the MP7, totally beats the PP901 IMO.

PS. Hey sorry I didn't accept your invite earlier Xtortionist, my connection was acting up so I kept resetting my router.

Those numbers are for the bullet spread caused by recoil. The visual recoil doesn't always match that, and I don't feel like it does for the CoD4 AK. The video shows that pretty clearly - the gun jumps around more than the bullets actually do, while the MP5 barely jumps around at all.

The videos shows that while the 74u had a lot of visual recoil that blocks your view. But it's alot easier to deal with because it's not random like the MP5's recoil that will randomly jump to the right (hence the viewkick having a value of 80 for the right side). That's why in the video I showed the guy wasn't getting alot of long range kills like that other guy was getting with the 74u.

Oh, and people really should have complained about the MP5, or any SMG, with RF in BO. It was a joke how fast they would kill with so little recoil.

But they didn't. Partly because the ARs were so ridiculously easy to use in BO compared to all the other guns, and partly because for long range the AK74 was much more accurate than all the other SMGs (besides the MAC11) so there was no incentive to use the MP5k once you unlocked the 74u.

aku:jiki

Has Beachhead gone completely quiet about Elite or what's going on there? I mean, they're fucking up far beyond just the connectivity issues we had during the first week or two. Where's the promised smartphone app? Where's competitions for europeans? Where's the ability to earn clan XP? What did their lack of server preparation have to do with the fact that the app obviously isn't finished or the fact that some dumbass forgot that europeans can't partake in 9PM EST competitions? Dirty business, Activision.

It's going to be TU6 and then balance changes after based of Bowling's post
Boo! It's a little frustrating that he pointed out that they don't have to wait for updates (and certification etc) for weapon balancing, they can just hotfix that in a quick playlist update. So do it! I want an FMG9-free weekend please. :(

fourzerotwo said:
@Molyn3aux There is a shotgun bug that is being fixed, not rebalancing.
Oh, shit. Don't tell me they're patching out the extra pellets with extended mags? Double :(!

402 gets so abused on Twitter, lol. Some of the shit he's been responding to has been downright hilarious.

Fucker deserves it though. He's a douche.

I had a really bizarre game earlier where there was some sort of audio bug that occured. It turned out to be a decent enough game so I uploaded the whole match but here is where the bug starts for those who don't want to see the whole video. around 9m24s in is where the audio really starts bugging out. So many damn guitar riffs, I thought my XBOX was about to implode.

belier

What the heck is the mask that appears on the hitmark when you shoot someone?
I've seen it rarely, but I hit one guy with an insane amount of bullets without killing him. I only saw that sign on the hitmark.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Can anyone confirm if the patch fixed the clan tag bullshit like they said it would?

What the heck is the mask that appears on the hitmark when you shoot someone?
I've seen it rarely, but I hit one guy with an insane amount of bullets without killing him. I only saw that sign on the hitmark.

That's a Juggernaut. It shows the Juggernaut hitmarker when you shoot them and why he took so many bullets.

@Molyn3aux There is a shotgun bug that is being fixed, not rebalancing.

Does he not get that without the extended mags glitch the shotguns are going to be too inconsistent for anything that isn't a semi-auto?

For reference he is responding to a kid asking him to not nerf the shotguns.

.....Well I guess I won't be impressing GAF anymore with my long range USAS kills.

so... I'm assuming this is the patch that nerfs the type95 and fmg9? I just started using the fmg9s recently, too. I wish I knew how beast it was. Oh well...

Edit: I just read the link. Yay! I get to spend the weekend trying to get the callsigns for the fmg.

bj00rn_

Banned
To Activision support:

Me:

There must be something wrong with the game, because I can't find the volume slider for the music.

Activision Replies:

We are sorry about this issue.

Make sure that the cables that connect the console to the television are securely plugged in and in the correct port.

Me:

Thanks for the answer.

I've checked all my cables now and made sure they are connected, but I still can't see the volume slider for the music.

So, I'm now waiting for Activisions next move..

Just got new internet. Hoping it remedies some the lag that I've been experiencing.

1639636183.png

The more of an advantage you have because of your connection the more artificial lag you're going to get.

That's hearsay. There has been nothing but anecdotal evidence in regard to how the "lag compensation" actually works.

It's not really going to make a difference. I've had similar speeds since day one.

1639644376.png

I'm upgrading from a 2 down connection so the leap is pretty dramatic, but if you're still getting BSed with that speed then damn. :(

Vol5

How can anyone be happy with a nostalgic map pack? I have already paid for that content when I purchased MW1/MW2.

Total bullshit. I'm guessing they will try to DLC previous DLC as well?

That's hearsay. There has been nothing but anecdotal evidence in regard to how the "lag compensation" actually works.

I'm upgrading from a 2 down connection so the leap is pretty dramatic, but if you're still getting BSed with that speed then damn. :(
Of course it's anecdotal, doesn't mean it isn't true.

I've got a good connection and essentially every time I'm chosen as host I can tell right away because the same room and same guys I was just doing great against now wind up destroying me.

I think the sweet spot in this game is to have a good connection to the host, without being the host yourself.

mbmonk

Nothing is more frustrating for me than to try to play a laggy FPS. I can't cope with it. I do hope Activision invests in dedicated servers next gen. But I admit it's a foolish dream on my behalf.

P2P...

That's hearsay. There has been nothing but anecdotal evidence in regard to how the "lag compensation"
Google "cod Anti lag". I'm sure there's still the same sites and videos around. People were pissed when it was auto enforced on pc when cod4 first launched. It's a shitty solution, dedicated servers is a lot better :). But what's cheaper?

I've been playing late at night the last few days and I've been doing consistently well ( like, really well ) on basically a 3 bar connection( connecting to out of state hosts I presume), perfect hit registration and everything. I was a little skeptical of the whole "you play better on a shitty connection" thing until those string of games happened.

Activision can afford some dedicated servers, they're charging for a monthly based subscription service on top of an assload CoD games sold, so why not?

So is anyone up for a game tonight? I want to get all the USAS challenges done before they nerf the shotguns even more and I always do better with the party of people.

So nice not to see any of the controller button clan tags anymore.

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything different.

I have noticed that teams are getting much better at spawn locking me while they also have 100 air strikes happening. Hard not to rage quit when that happens.

Xux

I don't know what you guys are smokin' but I loves me some PM-9. Admittedly, it doesn't have...anything at all over the PP90M1 but it definitely is perfectly fine. I'd argue the MP5 is the worst SMG in this game; it's probably one of the rarest online, too.

I don't know what you guys are smokin' but I loves me some PM-9. Admittedly, it doesn't have...anything at all over the PP90M1 but it definitely is perfectly fine. I'd argue the MP5 is the worst SMG in this game; it's probably one of the rarest online, too.

MP5 is so bad. Let's give it a way lower fire rate than the PP90 but like 3x as much recoil.

Not too big on the UMP45 either. Even lower fire rate than the MP5 and while the recoil is better, it's not as stable as it should be.

PP90, P90 and the MP7 are all great though. PM-9 has high kick but I recall the fire rate being pretty decent. Probably a beast with Steady Aim, though that's par for the course for SMGs.

Top Bottom