• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Apoc87

Banned
Is it safe to delete the ps3 game data (not saves) for this game and re download it at a later time (shelving it for awhile)?

Updated to the latest patch, played two games and lag was horrendous. Will it ever end?

Not as long as they avoid using dedicated servers and try and fix it with just software updates.

And they STILL haven't done jack shit about weapon rebalancing. I'm still getting burst spammed by type 95s which can kill an opponent at close range quicker than an LMG with rapid fire and steady aim.

redhot_

I cracked and bought the game.. and wow.. does IW even play this? Swear it was made for 12 year old kids with ADD and people who think there going to get youtube famous.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I cracked and bought the game.. and wow.. does IW even play this? Swear it was made for 12 year old kids with ADD and people who think there going to get youtube famous.

What makes you say that exactly? I mean, yeah, I get that that is the stereotype, and a lot of people are like that, but the game isn't that bad.

redhot_

What makes you say that exactly? I mean, yeah, I get that that is the stereotype, and a lot of people are like that, but the game isn't that bad.

I'm not saying its baaad. They for sure learned from there mistakes from previous games, the whole strike packages and weapon progression is pretty neat. The game now has an extremely hectic feel which im guessing has to do with the spawning problem. It's just weird, first thing I felt like I had to do was get those akimbo smg's to just to win a gun fight. Oh that single player level in the plane, soooo goood!

I'm not saying its baaad. They for sure learned from there mistakes from previous games, the whole strike packages and weapon progression is pretty neat. The game now has an extremely hectic feel which im guessing has to do with the spawning problem. It's just weird, first thing I felt like I had to do was get those akimbo smg's to just to win a gun fight. Oh that single player level in the plane, soooo goood!

please, don't do it.

rezuth

Did you play Black Ops before this? I would argue that MW3 is even slowed down compared to MW and MW2. The Modern Warfare series has always been fast and hectic.

redhot_

Did you play Black Ops before this? I would argue that MW3 is even slowed down compared to MW and MW2. The Modern Warfare series has always been fast and hectic.

Yup only one I didn't play was World at War. But Black Ops I think you had more health right? So I never got the feeling of not having that chance to react in a shoot out. I guess that's maybe where i'm getting this hectic feeling from in mw3.

please, don't do it.

Hahaha, I'm just saying what it feels like, just got the game yesterday. Unlocked the ACR and trying to level that up a bit, but when some dude comes charging around a corner with those nasty things I get rocked.

NYR

It may be slower but the maps are too small, leads to hectic pace.

Fantasmo

Wow. Ever since the patch the game feels like MW2 lag, much much less. My scores are reflecting that too. 20-8, 17-1, etc. Major improvement. Damn.

aku:jiki

Wow. Ever since the patch the game feels like MW2 lag, much much less. My scores are reflecting that too. 20-8, 17-1, etc. Major improvement. Damn.
I've had the exact opposite experience since the patch. And many people reported the same two things with the last patch, so I'm gonna call placebo (on both of us).

I think I am done with this fucking game until they fix the lag, assuming they ever will.

One match I am lining up head shots and placing my crosshair right on the chests of enemies and burst firing well placed shots and usually not even getting a hit marker before dying. Then the next match in the same lobby I am host and I enter God mode. I have worse aim for some reason, usually takes me awhile to get my crosshair on someone but I always seem to survive long enough to get it on them and kill them. And they seem to only need 3-4 bullets to die. Then next game it's back to being utter shit, like I am firing the most accurate BB gun in the world.

I love the maps and the modes but the netcode is utter shit and worst part is they aren't going to give a damn enough to fix it.

X-Frame

just beat a team 7500-800 in tdm and I feel god awful for them, no one wants to do that bad. Nothing but randoms on my too which is amazing.

Sometimes I feel bad when I shoot an Attack Helicopter out of the sky before it even enters the map.

Some kid who finally gets 6-7 kills calls one in all happy and then 3.4 seconds later it's gone.

Destroyer of Dreams!

Radec

Sometimes I feel bad when I shoot an Attack Helicopter out of the sky before it even enters the map.

Some kid who finally gets 6-7 kills calls one in all happy and then 3.4 seconds later it's gone.

Destroyer of Dreams!

Same.

If only I can hear their screams when I destroy their choppers..

Ferny

Destroyer of Dreams!

LOL I feel the same way some times. All the hard work for nothing.

I just lost a MOAB because the guy I killed at 22 was wearing dead mans hand. Ridiculous that I get penalized for doing well and he gets a bullshit kill for sucking ass. But hey such is life right?

A few quick questions:

1. Is a UAV indicated anywhere on the radar like other air support? I'd shoot them down more frequently if I could find them.
2. If I have assassin equipped and get tagged by a recon drone or by a nade with someone using the recon perk do I then appear on their radar or do I ALWAYS stay off the grid?
3. Is there an accurate guide / chart out there detailing the weapons? I remember floating around some hardcore analysis for all the weapons in MW2, wondering if the same has been put together for MW3

Thanks

Yaska

Seems activision is having a pc campaign, as retailers in finland are selling it for -50 to -75% from the mrsp of 60€. Was kinda surprising to see MW3 go for 20€ in retail stores.

Jarate

Banned
Striker has gold camo, next is the USAS12

NEVER EVER ADS ON THE USAS12

NEVER EVER

The Spas and the models are going to be a pain in the ass though to get gold camo :|

For those that have prestiged more than once:
Let's say I use unlock gear after prestiging the first time on the ACR.
I subsequently level it up to level 31.
If I prestige again, will all of the stats reset again just leaving me with the gun itself (back at level 1) unlocked early?
Just seeking some clarification on that, thanks.

A few quick questions:

1. Is a UAV indicated anywhere on the radar like other air support? I'd shoot them down more frequently if I could find them.
2. If I have assassin equipped and get tagged by a recon drone or by a nade with someone using the recon perk do I then appear on their radar or do I ALWAYS stay off the grid?
3. Is there an accurate guide / chart out there detailing the weapons? I remember floating around some hardcore analysis for all the weapons in MW2, wondering if the same has been put together for MW3

Thanks
1.) Not on the radar itself, but it is in the air, looks like a normal plane but farther off in the distance.
2.) Yea, you appear on the grid. Assassin only protects you from UAV, advanced UAV, portable radar, thermal scopes, and heartbeat sensors. The pro version also adds immunity to EMPs and counter-UAVs.
3.) http://www.imodernwarfare3.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Modern-Warfare-3-Weapon-Stats.jpg

If I prestige again, will all of the stats reset again just leaving me with the gun itself (back at level 1) unlocked early?
fuckkk I hate community threads, already forgot this place existed.

Anyway as for your question, it resets. You have to use a token on a specific piece of gear to unlock it for good, or else every prestige will put the weapon back to level 0.

kuYuri

It starts back at level 1.

Sushen

Updated to the latest patch, played two games and lag was horrendous. Will it ever end?

This is the funny part not in a good way. I get killed retroactively after beating the shooting running around the corner and I felt I made it (even the kill cam confirms my thought). However, typically it takes 5-6 shots in torso for me to kill someone with ACR while everyone is saying it is 3 shot kills in this game. I've got minimal 30mb connection and this shit makes no sense. Even blops with the hit detection issue wasn't this crazy.

gdt

Okay, how is the campaign? Considering picking up the pc version for whatever reason. I thought MW2 sp was meh at best.

zam

Finally hit prestige 10 :D

Game has been even laggier after the patch (or it seems that way, may just be placebo), and the really need to fix the matchmaking. We only play against other Swedes, except for some freak random occurences where we play against a couple Germans but those only happen once in 100 matches. And every single match we run into someone we have played against before and it's always the people we never want to play against again. In MW2 and (to a lesser extent) Blops the game ran fine against people in the US. Right now I'm wishing to have Blops' netcode and matchmaking back, let alone MW2's.

redhot_

Okay, how is the campaign? Considering picking up the pc version for whatever reason. I thought MW2 sp was meh at best.

I enjoyed it alot. Like you I thought that MW2 was mediocre, this one was waaaay better and there was for sure a lot more "oh shiiiit!" moments.

Karl2177

I enjoyed it alot. Like you I thought that MW2 was mediocre, this one was waaaay better and there was for sure a lot more "oh shiiiit!" moments.

Story wise, I thought it was even worse than MW2, but I thought MW2 was terrible. Gameplay wise, I only remember a couple frustrating moments on Normal. Gonna get up to 80 in the MP before I go back through on Veteran.

MK14 is the best gun ever. Gotta love it.

RdN

I'm about to enter Prestige and I can't decide between the ACR or the MP7 to unlock with the token. I like both. :(

I don't think it has anything to do with any recent patches, but I recently tried free-for-all and it had a lot of instances where I am aiming my shotgun directly at the guy (ADS) and firing a bunch of times but half of the shots just randomly won't register. And I don't mean in the "well the killcam says he already killed you before you fired that shot" sort of way, I mean that I'll fire, get a hitmarker, fire, get no hitmarker for no apparent reason, fire, get a hitmarker. Or I'll get two misses in a row that clearly shouldn't have been misses.

Xux

Blind Eye will make it so you don't have a chevron above your head for the Recon Drone user to target but, otherwise, the only defense against either Recon is Dead Silence which halves the effect.

Thanks
Snipers,
Shotguns,
and everything else besides launchers.

Sushen

I had finished all previous COD games in veteran, which means twice (normal and veteran). I can't even count how many arcade mode levels I had played in MW2; probably, hundreds. With this, I haven't even finished it in normal. Not that it's bad or anything, it's been a second priority (or, actually the 3rd after SpecOps), I'm moving onto a different game.

With so many great games to play, no game has luxury of keeping my attention for long. Unfortunately, I can't say I enjoyed MW3 as much as MW2, not even close.

ibhh9Dl5Ybwsf1.gif

redhot_

Whoaa managed to get into the 40's without smashing anything! Been trying to play with a "don't give a fuck" attitude and just get kills and snatching dog tags. I tell you... so many WTF moments and just feeling ripped off though. So far im seeing... SMG's/Machine pistols=win button, aim assist on the snipers is ridiculous and the hiding, camping, slowly crouching around in zoom... what ever you want to call it is on a whole new level lol.

Thank god for kill confirmed though, its addictive, not to serious and totally reminds me of the Greed game mode in Unreal Tournament 3 with the skulls, Super fun.

/rant-ish

Top Bottom