• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

eek5

Great... I use overkill with striker/damage and an Acr as my secondary on one of my classes. Didn't even know it was a glitch, on the plus side I never used it often but still I would hate to get banned. :( removing that class next time I play.

Pretty sure that's not how the glitch works. There is really no accidental way of doing it. Either you did it intentionally or you didn't do it at all.

Ryck

Oh well that is a relief I guess I misunderstood. Thought all it was, was a Striker with Damage and overkill causes the proficiency to carry over to the secondary.

Edit: just watched that vid lol whoa I have nothing to worry about.

Saw an interesting glitch yesterday probably related to this latest one. Guy had an RSASS with rapid fire of some sort on it. Shot it at a group of us with full auto. We all backed out and reported him.

One member of my clan actually admitted to doing the prestige icon glitch and is now enjoying his 2 day ban and his stats being reset. Glad IW is clamping down on that.

This is BY FAR the worst CoD yet! These maps and spawns drive me crazy!
Didn't they test this shit before release, my gawd.

I guess all the real talent left with vince and zampella and it shows, really hard.

Cant wait for a real cod killer, c'mon respawn!

ruxtpin

Banned

I guess all the real talent left with vince and zampella and it shows, really hard.

I'm sort-of in agreement with you here. I still like to be optimistic though, and I find that if you play game modes with less people, where the gameplay is a bit slower and more methodical things tend to be more appealing and fun (for me at least).

Karl2177

I just had the worst opposing team on record. All of them were running either a Type 95 with FMGs, Ranged Striker, or silenced ACR. And to top it off, it was on Dome. Frustration level = high.

PSYGN

I just had the worst opposing team on record. All of them were running either a Type 95 with FMGs, Ranged Striker, or silenced ACR. And to top it off, it was on Dome. Frustration level = high.

They need to nerf ranged striker. Cheapest weapon to use there, imo. I look on their killcam and they don't even aim directly at me, they just see some movement on the screen and start spraying like crazy and it seems to get me each time.

Yeah, they didn't fix the respawns or revenge spawns. I still get them, and yesterday was particularly the worst I've had. Like another member here said, I don't think they can do much as they screwed up from the map level (no real safe area for spawns on many maps).

Nori Chan

They need to nerf ranged striker. Cheapest weapon to use there, imo. I look on their killcam and they don't even aim directly at me, they just see some movement on the screen and start spraying like crazy and it seems to get me each time.
Thats every gun in the game and even some snipers

I have a question about the M.O.A.B. I know you need to get 25 kills without dying but, does it have to be with your primary weapon? Say I'm using the ACR and I run out of ammo then I pick up someone else's gun, will that still count?

Edit: and I have a rant sort of. lol When someone on the opposite team launches a predator missile don't run into a group! I've seen this dozens of times. And its frustrating!

I have a question about the M.O.A.B. I know you need to get 25 kills without dying but, does it have to be with your primary weapon? Say I'm using the ACR and I run out of ammo then I pick up someone else's gun, will that still count?

Edit: and I have a rant sort of. lol When someone on the opposite team launches a predator missile don't run into a group! I've seen this dozens of times. And its frustrating!

Yes, it will count. All kills that did not come from killstreaks will go towards the MOAB.

Yes, it will count. All kills that did not come from killstreaks will go towards the MOAB.

Ok cool. I thought so but I wanted to checked just to be sure.

Oh also, is there a care package glitch? I've played in a couple games now where the other team had like three or four care packages in like the first five minutes of the game.

VASPER

Banned
So my question is, i just got the hardened edition of MW3 and i was curious if the COD elite membership ever expire? Gotta have the DLC.

Sushen

I tried to use Striker a couple times and didn't work out too well for me. However, when I see others using the Striker, it's pretty crazy that it works like AR except one shot kills. Dunno what I'm missing, not that I'm much of shotty guy anyway.

This is the first time I've stuck with a COD game online to make it past lvl 30, lol. Anyways I'm 60 now and preparing to prestige for the first time ever since I plan on playing, its not boring to me at all since I'm not burned out from the past games. Anyways what should I use the token on since I suck?

I don't need another class since I use the same 2-3 anyways. I don't really need a weapon since I love my m4a1, its the first weapon that seems to click for me. Double xp stuff all looks like a complete waste imo.

tigerin

This is the first time I've stuck with a COD game online to make it past lvl 30, lol. Anyways I'm 60 now and preparing to prestige for the first time ever since I plan on playing, its not boring to me at all since I'm not burned out from the past games. Anyways what should I use the token on since I suck?

I don't need another class since I use the same 2-3 anyways. I don't really need a weapon since I love my m4a1, its the first weapon that seems to click for me. Double xp stuff all looks like a complete waste imo.

use "unlock gear" for the stuffs you're know you're going to use but required a higher level to unlock.

tigerin

I tried to use Striker a couple times and didn't work out too well for me. However, when I see others using the Striker, it's pretty crazy that it works like AR except one shot kills. Dunno what I'm missing, not that I'm much of shotty guy anyway.

maybe you're missing "range" or "damage".....some "grip" too? vanilla stryker are pretty crappy from what i remember.

RedAssedApe

Banned
maybe you're missing "range" or "damage".....some "grip" too? vanilla stryker are pretty crappy from what i remember.

Vanilla Stryker isn't that bad. It might not be a one shot kill all the time but the fire rate is fast enough where you can get a quick kill close range with a few quick taps.

In free for all they should remove top three ranking. It serves no purpose. you still get loose in your record anyways. Why remind you that you loose again lol even though you are 2nd or 3rd in so many matches.

tigerin

Vanilla Stryker isn't that bad. It might not be a one shot kill all the time but the fire rate is fast enough where you can get a quick kill close range with a few quick taps.

one missed shot can really jeopardize your life in this game.

btw, sleigh of hand speeds up your shots too.

As bad as the maps are (and they are pretty bad, especially dome), the actual gameplay is great, especially if you consistently have a good connection, and way better than MW2.

Seriously, nothing is worse than MW2 in terms of balance. The ARs were overpowered, explosives were ridiculous, killstreaks constantly spawn-killing people, the shotguns were too good to be secondaries, and there was no reason to use SMGs.

BTW, I just found out the fun way that LSW+Rapid Fire+Prone pretty much beats everything that it can aim at.

btw, sleigh of hand speeds up your shots too.

Source? Is it for all guns or just the shotguns?

As bad as the maps are (and they are pretty bad, especially dome),

ibrmUzbaWQIWY6.gif

eek5

In free for all they should remove top three ranking. It serves no purpose. you still get loose in your record anyways. Why remind you that you loose again lol even though you are 2nd or 3rd in so many matches.

You sure? My 80 win streak included a stretch of 20 FFA games where I mostly placed 1st and 2nd. Ended it in TDM so it definitely didn't terminate due to getting 2nd in FFA..

David Vonderhaar, the lead mp designer at 3arc, is asking on his twitter what would make LMGs truly viable in COD, this will obviously be reflected in Iron Wolf so it might be worth getting some suggestions in. I think this is a tough one to solve without turning them into ARs. The slow movement speed and ADS just destroys them completely. I know this is not strictly MW3 related but since every COD has faced this problem I thought it was worth posting.

twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar

edit: as a side note, he's also said they are thinking of ways of nerfing ghost/assassin other than putting it in the same tier as a blindeye style perk. Suggestions include making ghost players invisible only on alternate sweeps of UAV, thus making campers easier to identify.

edit: as a side note, he's also said they are thinking of ways of nerfing ghost/assassin other than putting it in the same tier as a blindeye style perk. Suggestions include making ghost players invisible only on alternate sweeps of UAV, thus making campers easier to identify.

God, I hope not. That would still ruin flanking if you have to take the long way around while a UAV is up and plan on popping in unexpected.

Madtown_

David Vonderhaar, the lead mp designer at 3arc, is asking on his twitter what would make LMGs truly viable in COD, this will obviously be reflected in Iron Wolf so it might be worth getting some suggestions in. I think this is a tough one to solve without turning them into ARs. The slow movement speed and ADS just destroys them completely. I know this is not strictly MW3 related but since every COD has faced this problem I thought it was worth posting.

twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar

I hope that he's not seriously considering this option.
It's an interesting discussion, though. Perhaps the best way to balance assassin is simply to get rid of the bonuses it gets with pro, and then seriously buff the competing perks. Cold Blooded in Mw2 was rarely used by the average player, because stopping power was out there. Each perk needs to have a significant reason to be used over a UAV jammer or it wont be balanced. Severely weakening it doesn't seem like the right answer.

Karl2177

LMGs have their place on a map. It all depends on the lines of sight and the main areas of combat. Although many would argue that Afghan from MW2 is a poor to decent map, it was incredibly balanced for most of the weapon types. It isn't so much that the weapon is the problem, but the maps themselves. On another note with LMGs, they need to fix the grip damage. That kind of crap shouldn't have made it past test.

I think if you want to be truly invisible from UAVs, Killstreaks, and whatnot; it should take up all 3 of your perk slots. My preferred playstyle is running invisible, so nerfing it to all oblivion isn't a good idea. It would just be reducing the ways a player can play.

The guys at Treyarch may or may not want to acknowledge this, but lmgs were implemented really well in BF3 with the addition of bi-pods. To me, both uav's and assassin needs tweaking. Bump up uav to a 4 or 5 killstreak for the next CoD and put assassin in the same perk tier as blind eye or something.

The guys at Treyarch may or may not want to acknowledge this, but lmgs were implemented really well in BF3 with the addition of bi-pods. To me, both uav's and assassin needs tweaking. Bump up uav to a 4 or 5 killstreak for the next CoD and put assassin in the same perk tier as blind eye or something.

I think black ops and cod4 have the best perk balance.

So I bought this game during the final day of the steam sale, I have played maybe 15 team deathmatches and my "rank" is 38... I see some people are rank 8. Now I didn't even know what number I started at when I installed because I didn't even know what the numbers meant but something seems off. Also I thought there was Dedicated Servers for the PC version. I feel like pc gaming is a bit beyond 7 minute 5v5 matches.

I think black ops and cod4 have the best perk balance.

So what red perks were you using besides juggernaut (which reduced damage on bullets AND explosives), stopping power, and maybe UAV jammer? And did anyone find any real reason to use the blue perk for anything other than claymores, triple frag, bandolier, and maybe RPG? Not to mention the ridiculously amount of Final Stand and Martyrdom.

Black Ops was mostly balanced with perks, but ghost pro should have been a different tier perk, marathon pro should have had faster vaulting, and tactical mask should've had flash, and concussion resistance without the pro perk. Also, second chance should have been swapped out for something else (preferably something akin to blind eye)

It also says a lot about how balanced MW3's perks are that the only complaints I hear are that Assassin is OP and that Blast Shield and Overkill are useless. And all they would need to do to balance that would be moving the CUAV and EMP resistance to Blast Shield Pro and nerfing secondaries enough so that there is incentive to use Overkill. Hardline Pro is great (especially if you have recon pro), and Quickdraw is very useful for snipers and LMGs.

CoD4 LMGs worked because they had the following advantages:
- More damage per second at range. M249 did 30 damage at 925 RPM, RPD did 40 damage at 700 RPM, and M60 did did 50-40 damage (drop-off was somewhere between SMG and AR range) at 600 RPM.
- No Sway (all full auto ARs had sway)
- More Ammo

Those perks made LMGs very viable for situations where you are shooting multiple people and/or at long range as well as taking out Helicopters (which was pretty much hopeless in CoD4 unless you had an RPG or LMG.

In comparison the LMGs in Black-Ops had:
- no damage advantage except for the M60 and Stoner
- no ammo advantage unless you were either using the M60 or using extended mags
- smaller hipfire spread (compared to ARs) for the HK21 and RPK
- no sway, but didn't matter because in black ops the only guns that had sway were snipers and pistols.

In MW3, the LMGs have:

- Less range reduction for silencers
- Faster damage (slightly more so normally, significantly more so with Rapid Fire)
- significant sway and recoil reduction if you are prone and some reduction if you are crouching (prone has pretty much no recoil even with rapid fire)
- more ammo
- not as much ironsight zoom as ARs (just ironsights though, because ARs get 1.35 ironsight zoom whereas everything else gets 1.2 ironsight zoom)
- a lot more visual recoil than in previous games (which goes away if you use a thermal sight)

The ammo part works great with Blind eye pro because it lets you easily take out UAVs and helicopters more easily (and possibly in the same clip).

The solution isn't nerfing Ghost (other than putting the air-support resistance somewhere else), but buffing all the other perks in the same class.

No, assassin does not need to be resistant to every killstreak, because that's what made Ghost so cheap. Blind Eye being separate from assassin is one of the best things in MW3. Especially when Blind Eye Pro is a very good anti-air perk (1.6x bullet damage against UAVs, choppers, turrets, drones, and EVERY other killstreak that isn't an AC-130)

No, assassin does not need to be resistant to every killstreak, because that's what made Ghost so cheap. Blind Eye being separate from assassin is one of the best things in MW3. Especially when Blind Eye Pro is a very good anti-air perk (1.6x bullet damage against UAVs, choppers, turrets, drones, and EVERY other killstreak that isn't an AC-130)

I didn't say combine the 2 perks again, I said put them both in the same tier so you have to choose from one or the other; either be immune to air support or immune to uav's.

no angel

Assasin has a great counter in Recon and if more people used it they'd find that out for themselves, to be honest I think the perk balance is pretty good as it is.

As an aside for some reason today I decided to give the mk14 a shot and my god it's awesome!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Does anyone have problems creating clips in Theater mode on the 360? I'll cut clips and save them to my File Share and when I attempt to play them back all I see is a screenshot instead of the video.

Karl2177

I didn't say combine the 2 perks again, I said put them both in the same tier so you have to choose from one or the other; either be immune to air support or immune to uav's.

No. As other people have pointed out, buff the other perks in the same group. I prefer to create invis classes. I used Cold Blooded and Ninja almost exclusively in MW2.

E: this damage glitch is getting out of hand now...

Assasin has a great counter in Recon and if more people used it they'd find that out for themselves, to be honest I think the perk balance is pretty good as it is.

As an aside for some reason today I decided to give the mk14 a shot and my god it's awesome!

Having to use a perk you wouldnt otherwise want to use just to 'counter' isnt good perk balance, that just shows that one perk is overpowered and needs to be compensated against.

Iron Wolf LMGs
-No sway, even with ACOG
-Almost no recoil
-No damage drop off
-Same ADS time as ARs
-A ton of starting ammo

The point of LMGs is to bunker down and defend a point with suppressing fire. No sway helps the defending player stay in ADS over that point. Little recoil and increased range makes suppressing fire accurate. And Scavenger shouldn't be needed to defend an area for more than a few kills.

Pros:
-Swayless, accurate, powerful at range, tons of ammo

Cons:
-Low movement speed, unreliable at short range

Top Bottom