• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

aku:jiki

And that's just talking about TDM. It gets worse with modes that have other priorities factored in. Which is why you see spawn trapping almost always happening in either domination or demolition. Those two modes are broken on maps like Dome, Mission, and Lockdown.
What? Demolition is completely fine on Mission and Lockdown. Dome is a clusterfuck though, since the defending side only needs two players to spawn trap and that's pretty bullshit.

winnarps

Get 23-0 in FFA. Game timer runs out as I'm firing at the last kill I need for a MOAB. ><

At least I got the 'Unbelievable' and 'It's Personal' titles/emblems in the games afterwards. Sorta made up for things.

All the CoDs and Halos work with a system where there are specific spawn points programmed. Distance would sound okay, except that distance barely helps when the enemy team is evenly spread throughout a map like Dome and you also get the issue of the furthest spot being a spot that leads you face an enemy as you spawn or an enemy seeing you spawn.

And that's just talking about TDM. It gets worse with modes that have other priorities factored in. Which is why you see spawn trapping almost always happening in either domination or demolition. Those two modes are broken on maps like Dome, Mission, and Lockdown.

Yeah, the spawn system is downright broken in those smaller maps. Makes certain game types super frustrating, although you can somewhat memorize the spawning patterns and use it to your advantage. But that's terrible game/spawn/map design IMO.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So with these new maps coming out on the 24th to Elite members, when do the non Elite members get them? I'm confused as to how they're doing this and actually wondering if I should sign up for Elite since I plan on getting all the DLC maps for MP (I don't play Spec Ops). If the two maps are going to be 10 bucks, I'm not sure if paying 50 will offset the cost if that's all I download. They'd have to put out 10 maps in total for it to pay off, and even then, I'd want like 12 maps to actually consider it a discount.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I might just wait until the maps go public because its going to be a pain in the ass finding a decent connection from just elite premium members with the new maps.

winnarps

They're going to have a bundle of the 5 in march for those without elite.

So its basically the 1600 like past games

So if they're aiming to put out 4 packs between now and the next MW release, it's cheaper to purchase an Elite subscription if you plan on picking up all of them?

$50 for Elite trickled out earlier vs. $60 (assumed based on previous price points) for all 4 packs at delayed intervals.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So if they're aiming to put out 4 packs between now and the next MW release, it's cheaper to purchase an Elite subscription if you plan on picking up all of them?

$50 for Elite trickled out earlier vs. $60 (assumed based on previous price points) for all 4 packs at delayed intervals.

Yes. Its been common knowledge for a few months now.

butts

As a shotgun user, I really REALLY hate the striker. Gives the other shotguns a bad name. It's like easy mode. I always laugh when I get the first kill of the map with my gold SPAS and the death mic is always "fucking striker noob" before they even know what hit them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They're going to have a bundle of the 5 in march for those without elite.

So its basically the 1600 like past games
So I have to wait until March to get the new maps if I'm not an Elite member? That's kinda bullshit. What about the PS3 folks since they're not supposed to get the maps until after the 360 people anyways? Do their Elite members get dibs in March then non Elite have to wait until June?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So I have to wait until March to get the new maps if I'm not an Elite member? That's kinda bullshit. What about the PS3 folks since they're not supposed to get the maps until after the 360 people anyways? Do their Elite members get dibs in March then non Elite have to wait until June?

I assume PS3 premium members will get them next month and non-premium get them in........April?

kuYuri

How is that bullshit? It falls in line with when past map packs have been released, with a few exceptions.

they dont, the game compensates them with a bigger hit marker. I have used sniper rifles and missed many times only to get the one shot kill. I hate snipers in COD, they compensate them way to much.
I don't know what was done to sniper rifles and whether it's extra compensation or not, but is easier than ever to get a kill with one and it's become kinda irritating.

All the CoDs and Halos work with a system where there are specific spawn points programmed. Distance would sound okay, except that distance barely helps when the enemy team is evenly spread throughout a map like Dome and you also get the issue of the furthest spot being a spot that leads you face an enemy as you spawn or an enemy seeing you spawn.

You're right, the action is spread too thin in most of the maps for any changes to spawning to make a difference. In the other CoD's the action within most of the maps is usually focused at only a few different spots, leaving plenty of dead zones for teammates to spawn in. I don't think there is much to be done to help the spawning in MW3 anymore.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How is that bullshit? It falls in line with when past map packs have been released, with a few exceptions.
I figured Elite members would just get additional stuff with the maps, not getting the maps 2 months sooner than every one else. They're gonna lose a lot of potential buyers if non Elite people have to wait until March to get some new maps. First DLC packs always sell the most, and 3 months after release is the proven time table to get the most purchases. Not like I care how much money they make (they've already made more than enough), I just really want to play on some new maps haha.

kuYuri

I figured Elite members would just get additional stuff with the maps, not getting the maps 2 months sooner than every one else. They're gonna lose a lot of potential buyers if non Elite people have to wait until March to get some new maps. First DLC packs always sell the most, and 3 months after release is the proven time table to get the most purchases. Not like I care how much money they make (they've already made more than enough), I just really want to play on some new maps haha.

Well, we already are getting additional stuff with our Elite membership, so far we've gotten Double XP rewards, Winter weapon skin, etc. For all we know, we could be getting Spring or even a Summer weapon skin (it looks like there's room for at least one more free skin, maybe even more if we're lucky). I mean, they aren't that big a deal, but still, we're already paying for DLC upfront like any other season pass at a discount.

Hirshberg from Activision has said they have big plans for Elite members beyond the monthly DLC pieces being given (at least I thought I read this, can't find the quote right now), they just haven't revealed what those are exactly.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Maaaaan, am I gonna have to sign up for this thing? I'll talk to my buddies tonight to see if they want to get it too. If we all agree we'll keep playing the game through the summer, we'll probably splurge and sign up.

EDIT - Thanks AnEternalEnigma, that video was actually helpful.

kuYuri

Good video Enigma.

Here's my take on things, coming from a big CoD fan.

If I didn't get a massive discount on Elite subscription (basically comes out to $20 from purchasing Hardened Edition for $80), I wouldn't have bought Elite at all.

Hell, I've never bought any of the map packs at $15, I either got those $15 map packs at a discount (both MW2 map packs each 50% off), got it for free (Black Ops Escalation), or didn't buy them at all (Black Ops First Strike, Annihilation, Rezurrection).

For me, it's as simple as voting with my wallet. I don't agree with paying $15 for the DLC that CoD offers, it's just not worth it to me at that price. It is for others and I'm glad those people get their money's worth. Yeah, they are essentially ruining it for the rest of us, but what are you going to do?

I'm more concerned with having the base game work as best as possible, I get plenty of enjoyment from the base game and base maps already included on disc. So far, things have been working out for me following this model, MW3 and Elite was just a matter of right place at right time.

I might just wait until the maps go public because its going to be a pain in the ass finding a decent connection from just elite premium members with the new maps.

You don't think there are enough Elite members? I think they got a lot of people to sign up, and those are going to be the heaviest CoD gamers for the most part anyway. I'm not too worried.

So yeah...this damage glitch...

If only I could put Speed on SMGs...

hfzNt.png

I just saw the vid for the glitch and holy shit, how the hell do figure out these glitches in the first place? This is really game breaking and I hope this is something that can be hotfixed, cause if not, then we're dealing with this glitch for at least a few weeks.

lionelhutz

I just saw the vid for the glitch and holy shit, how the hell do figure out these glitches in the first place? This is really game breaking and I hope this is something that can be hotfixed, cause if not, then we're dealing with this glitch for at least a few weeks.

Further proof a beta is needed.

PaulSancheezzee

Neo Member
Have they ever banned anyone for glitching? They'll probably just reset stats.

My cousin used the token glitch quite a lot and was banned for 2 days, along with his stats being reset as you mentioned. Idiot said it was 'in the game' and feels the actions against him were unwarranted. I just shook my head at him.

R2D4

Banned
The thermal sight is pretty awesome. Owns ass in Drop Zone. Even on the MP7. Just throw some smoke down and have at it. Shame it's the last attachment.

Radec

My cousin used the token glitch quite a lot and was banned for 2 days, along with his stats being reset as you mentioned. Idiot said it was 'in the game' and feels the actions against him were unwarranted. I just shook my head at him.

Good thing I didn't tried it. I was about to when my buddies are still looking for teammates for like 5mins. lol

Who's that gaffer that tried this ? RJNavarrete?

Nori Chan

#MW3 PSA: The "damage" proficiency exploit is already fixed in the next patch. We're now tracking anyone abusing it and will ban offenders

AWWWWWW YEEEEAAA

What? Demolition is completely fine on Mission and Lockdown. Dome is a clusterfuck though, since the defending side only needs two players to spawn trap and that's pretty bullshit.

I haven't tried demoltion on lockdown and mission, but at the very least domination is fucked on those maps, especially for the A flags.

Ryck

Great... I use overkill with striker/damage and an Acr as my secondary on one of my classes. Didn't even know it was a glitch, on the plus side I never used it often but still I would hate to get banned. :( removing that class next time I play.

Top Bottom