• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

eek5

Bored with this game so my buddies and I have started playing the game with the sole purpose of trying to get people to pick up our airdrop traps. I actually got someone to do it for the game winning kill. It was glorious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrZQjF9tSgY

Hahaha. In lobbies where people stay around I'll switch from real to fake. I ended up on this stretch where I'd go on like 12 kill streaks defending my airdrop trap which sucks because I always seem to die when I go to collect my real one :lol

Remember how people got stat reset, de-ranked, and all that for the prestige token glitch (myself included)? One of the things they also did was give us 1,000 losses and 10,000 deaths. Funny thing is, I seem to have discovered a way to get your stats actually reset... its a weird situation but I'm glad my KD is no longer .013 lol

So I was randomly watching a clip on youtube that had a ton of quick sniping in it. The ridiculous 360 spin shoot out your ass type. I LOVE getting in lobbies like that, it gets my blood going for some reason. I make it my sole purpose to wreck their shit all game. I got in one lobby and it was against a "TSA" clan, sure enough they have a youtube account with their sniping on it. The game I played with them every one of them was trying for their 360 bullshit spin shots. I was on a team with randoms and my brother. I used the MK14 with a thermal and destroyed the living shit out of them. They lost and I went like 36-4. Ended the game with a triple kill, kill cam.

Apoc87

Banned
How do people get good at call of duty?

Been hovering around 0.5-0.7 for TWO YEARS and I still haven't seen any noticeable improvement.

Nori Chan

I wonder when the next map comes out?

5 bucks says IW trolls valentines day and puts it out there. I would LOVE to see what kind of commercial will be on for that one.

I wonder when the next map comes out?

5 bucks says IW trolls valentines day and puts it out there. I would LOVE to see what kind of commercial will be on for that one.

Probably February 21. It's only one "content drop," so it'll probably be a single-player mission or a Spec Ops mission.

R2D4

Banned
So I was randomly watching a clip on youtube that had a ton of quick sniping in it. The ridiculous 360 spin shoot out your ass type. I LOVE getting in lobbies like that, it gets my blood going for some reason. I make it my sole purpose to wreck their shit all game. I got in one lobby and it was against a "TSA" clan, sure enough they have a youtube account with their sniping on it. The game I played with them every one of them was trying for their 360 bullshit spin shots. I was on a team with randoms and my brother. I used the MK14 with a thermal and destroyed the living shit out of them. They lost and I went like 36-4. Ended the game with a triple kill, kill cam.

I started playing COD4 again and it is FULL of 360 spin snipers. Every map is all snipers. Jumping off walls and buildings spining. My first game I went 66-24 on ground war with them. Air strikes for days. I don't know what is going on with COD4 these days but it's very easy to wreck shit up with the people are are currently playing.

Speaking of those snipers I can't figure out what is going on with those youtube sniping montages. I swear it's just a lobby full of people all in the same group working together to make them. I've never seen 5 or 6 people line up and let someone snipe them all like they do in those montages. All the people they quickscope are snipers too by the way which makes the whole thing even more suspicious. See TES Snipers on youtube to see what I'm talking about.

I started playing COD4 again and it is FULL of 360 spin snipers. Every map is all snipers. Jumping off walls and buildings spining. My first game I went 66-24 on ground war with them. Air strikes for days. I don't know what is going on with COD4 these days but it's very easy to wreck shit up with the people are are currently playing.

Speaking of those snipers I can't figure out what is going on with those youtube sniping montages. I swear it's just a lobby full of people all in the same group working together to make them. I've never seen 5 or 6 people line up and let someone snipe them all like they do in those montages. All the people they quickscope are snipers too by the way which makes the whole thing even more suspicious. See TES Snipers on youtube to see what I'm talking about.

Last time I played COD4, I was up against a team of rushing pro snipers in every game.
I literally could not ADS before I get killed at every single god damn encounter. I dropped the game & never looked back since.
That & I hear that you can be de-ranked permanently from all the rampant hacking going on.

Then you haven't had me in your game on the other team. Trying to get gold on the Dragonov and the only way to use it is as a shitty MK14.

Recoil is terrible. Even with kick.

lol, I believe you, it just feels like my head has been a bullet magnet for sniper rifles lately.

anyhoo, I decided to run the support package today and had some real good results. I went with uav/ballistics vest for my killstreak setup an managed to pull off a few MOAB's with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_f-tFgLOQ

Even though I got cut short a few times while going for one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHgUlnD6XY

I'm saving one of the video's to do a commentary on when I get my laptop running again ( I"m uploading these vids on a old laptop). I wasn't initially going for MOAB's when I used this set-up. Yet if used right, support can be really helpful to not just your team, but for potentially attaining MOAB's too.

tsigo

Been hovering around 0.5-0.7 for TWO YEARS and I still haven't seen any noticeable improvement.

Use sound more. Footsteps changing between surfaces, knees cracking from large drops, suppressed guns firing, your teammates' groans as they die all provide useful information. You should never die to stealth bombers. A good stereo or surround headset and SitRep Pro will let you reign over the idiot masses.

Look at the minimap. No, look at it more than you already do. But beware:

People over-rely on the minimap and being "invisible" is a huge advantage -- use Assassin and a silenced weapon. The ACR is a great option.

Sometimes I'll get a few shots on someone as they're going around a corner, and they survive, but then they make one of two choices: 1) Desperate for someone to shoot, they run back around the corner to try to shoot me. This person usually has no idea where I am, and I know exactly where they're coming from, and I'm already aiming down my sights, and they're already badly hurt. This choice almost always gets them killed. Or 2) They don't run back around the corner, forcing me to either let them go, or chase them, giving them the upper hand to hide wherever they want, waiting for me to come around the corner. Don't be like the first group of people.

Somewhat related to the above, don't shoot at something you can't kill, even with a silenced weapon. Giving away your position is a bad idea.

Stay away from your teammates. If you're playing in public lobbies, they're all morons who will only get you killed.

When enemy air support is up, either don't go outside, or shoot it down with Blind Eye. Don't be like the idiots who run around oblivious to what's going on in the game. I can't believe helicopters ever get kills, but they do.

So many people play these games that a little bit of not-being-stupid goes a long way.

Radec

Is your aim pretty good ? I mean when someone pops out some part of the scree, can you accurately aim and shoot at the guy?

If yes, then all you need to do is to play safe.

Use crouch when going on blind turns. Be aware of the skull icons. Check Minimap.

Use Assassin and a silenced weapon.

:)

- Learn how to move around the maps correctly.
- Build classes that suit certain maps the PP90 aint gonna cut in on every map.
- If you can't find an enemy, look on the mini map in relation to where you are and where your team are and treat every corner like there is an enemy round the other side.
- Choose when to reload carefully.
- Learn the spawns and take into account how quickly they can flip.
- If you suspect a camper chuck flashes etc but don't keep going after him, alert your team if you have a mic and attack from multiple angles.

I'm not that much of a great player my KD in the first week was 0.72 now it's just over 1.00 if I actually played more I know it would be higher.

DX, I invited you.

ATTN - The clan has 99/100 members. If anyone browsing this topic doesn't play much anymore, please leave the clan to make room for others. I can't remove players, only ban them forever.

Warning - A very whiny, bitchy complaint/rant but....

My buddy and I have played CoD together since MW1. We both solid players with K/Ds around 1.0-1.5 and always put the objectives first. Win or lose, we are usually 1-2 on the team we are on.

Since the new map packs dropped on 360, we've both been witnessing "something". We are both seeing the same things. Things that have always been there, but have been noticably worse, for both of us. I "built" up my K/D from .93 to 1.14 (took a lot of good games, due to have a ton under the belt already). Now, in two weeks of limited play, Im at 1.08.

This list of things is stuff happening now almost every game.
- We are put on the worst pub team every imaginable, whether alone or together. Not semi-bad, awful bad. Like, I go 8-14, and Im far and away the best player on my team.
- QS'ers w/ bolt action sniper rifles and FMG9s. The only setup I see anymore really. QS'ing is REALLY burning me out.
- Lag. Been there since MW1, and its been give and take with MW3, but its at an all-time high. I cant count how many times Im staring at a corner, behind cover, we have advanced UAV up, sights up, firing as pixels formulate a body coming around said corner, hit markers, all chest high at least... and I die.
- This is the silliest on, because its, ya know, silly... but I feel like we are playing nothing but Miss Cleo's. I mean, even pretending everyone is a MLG with a $250 pair of cans on, some of the play tendancies are remarkable. Its like the fucking Minority Report. They know Im about to kill someone, when I do it, where, with what, and flock in at the exact time and safest angle to stop it.
- Predator Missles. The absolute bain of my existance. I'd love, LOVE CoD Elite to give me the percentage of predator missles hit by, because if I said my guess, no one would believe me.

</whiny, noobish, childish, bitchy rant>

This list of things is stuff happening now almost every game.
- We are put on the worst pub team every imaginable, whether alone or together. Not semi-bad, awful bad. Like, I go 8-14, and Im far and away the best player on my team.

Yeah, I feel your pain. I'm a decent player myself and sometimes it feels like I'm the only one with more kills than death in every single match... kind of frustrating to play when you go 30-5 and your team still loses by a kill or two.

- QS'ers w/ bolt action sniper rifles and FMG9s. The only setup I see anymore really. QS'ing is REALLY burning me out.

I absolutely hated quickscopers in MW2 but for some reason they don't bother me that much in this game (only play TDM though). And I don't get killed by FMG9s that often either. I don't know, maybe they get smoked by my Striker or PP90 with rapid fire.

Personally I think the lag is better now than it was in Nov/Dec. Sure, there are days when the connections seem to be crap all the time but then I just try to adjust my play style from run & gun to a slower pace style. If the lag is unbearable I just quit the match and try to find a new game with a better connection (and I always do a new search if the game doesn't find any available matches under 50ms or 75ms ping).

- Predator Missles. The absolute bain of my existance. I'd love, LOVE CoD Elite to give me the percentage of predator missles hit by, because if I said my guess, no one would believe me.

Yeah, I rage about this a lot too so you are definitely not the only one who feels this way. I have had plenty of matches where I have caught every fukin missile the enemy gets. Well, maybe it's because I don't use Blind Eye that much and don't camp the entire match inside a building hiding in a corner...

Hyunkel6

ok

If anyone else wants to join, I'll just ban someone who hasn't played the game recently. Sadly I can't just do a regular kick.
Feel free to ban me. I have not played in two months, and don't think I'll be playing anytime soon. Nothing against the game. It's more of a franchise fatigue really. You guys have fun!

Edit: GT is Hyunkel6.

Madtown_

My buddy and I have played CoD together since MW1. We both solid players with K/Ds around 1.0-1.5 and always put the objectives first. Win or lose, we are usually 1-2 on the team we are on.

A friend of mine and I are the same, both with K/Ds above 2 and W/Ls above 4. We usually play together, but I've decided to never play without him or a party (besides FFA) for this reason. If I join a TDM or Domination match alone, my team is garbage. Absolute garbage.
At least when it's the two of us, we can turn the tide in our favor enough to win (usually, hence the 4.0 W/L). Alone I can't do it anymore. In cod4, I used to be able to but now with the killstreaks, or something, make it too difficult.

It's part of the matchmaking, I think. It tries to keep in mind the W/L ratios as it's setting up teams. May be wrong but that's my theory.

ok

If anyone else wants to join, I'll just ban someone who hasn't played the game recently. Sadly I can't just do a regular kick.

Thanks for the invite, I joined up and added my bonus Founder Clan XP.

How do I join up with other clan members for matches? This is the first time I've been in a clan in over 10 years (original Rainbow Six on PC, I feel old), and I have no idea how the system works in MW3. I don't care about doing challenges or anything, I just want to play with competent allies rather than randoms. Do I have to invite fellow GAFs to a party, or is there some simpler method for clans?

How do I join up with other clan members for matches? This is the first time I've been in a clan in over 10 years (original Rainbow Six on PC, I feel old), and I have no idea how the system works in MW3. I don't care about doing challenges or anything, I just want to play with competent allies rather than randoms. Do I have to invite fellow GAFs to a party, or is there some simpler method for clans?

Send invites when you see them online. Don't just join their games-you might get put on the opposing team and that really pisses some Gaffers off.

MechDX

Thanks for asking this and I joined for the same reason as you. I want to play with people who will cover each other. Tired of running with some stranger, get shot and he just keeps moving away as I am getting shot, completely avoiding my attacker.

Ill be on tonight around 10 Central if anyone is interested!

Deadbeat

Banned

I hope you are using the support kill streak. Use UAV, Ballistic Vest, Advanced UAV.

With weapons, you should use a gun considered "overpowered" by the community. My recommendation (as its also my loadout) is Type 95 with Rapidfire, then attachments proficiency for extended mags, blind eye, assassin, and steady aim.

Remember to turn off all voice chat. The tears will be flowing.

The spawns are still terrible on the central park map. This really should be fixed before it goes out to other consoles.

As for my Elite complaint, please put in explanations for all the challenges. Knowing I'm x # of kills away from some name you thought was witty isn't helping me.

Aside from that? I'm having a blast. I racked up a 5 kill streak in 30 seconds with a machine gun on the pizza map.

hamchan

Assassin + Marksman + Silencer. Get a nice spot where you can see chokepoints and hot spots. Face direction enemies are spawning, you can tell by the positions of your teammates since enemies should spawn where your teammates aren't. Kill dudes. Change positions occasionally.

Use Assault killstreak. Go Predator, Attack copter and Reaper or Predator, Reaper, AC-130 if you're really good.

This is the easiest and cheapest way to get high KDRs in this game.

Top Bottom