• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

kuYuri

My clan got gold again but the clan that won it all really needs to make the boosting a little less obvious. They had 2800 defends and then someone pointed out the stats for one of the guys in that clan...39 and 0...with all 39 kills on the same guy!

These things are fun, though the defend aspect was definitely tougher to do. If you ran into another group trying to do the same op, it became really difficult because essentially what you wanted to do was cap 2 flags and then just put up a tent. When it was just randoms, it worked best as they were just playing and trying to cap flags like normal.

Well, if the top clan really boosted, presumably the Elite team does in fact verify this by looking at stats, etc. and disqualify them.

eek5

oh good, so we're going to see a ton of assassin kids camping

Based on what I've seen from lone wolf operations, people try to spam Dome matches. The guy that won lone wolf the one time I checked averaged like 25-30 kills a match the entire time. It's more about getting kills fast rather than hiding and pulling off high k/d's

Yeah we got silver but really only had 3 who played the whole time and then another 3 that showed up with about an hour to go.

For the record, I hate TDM!

FatalT

Banned
Does anyone play this on PC? I see like 20,000 players online right now with most of them (5,000) playing Team Deathmatch. That's a bit disappointing to be honest.

Been playing cod4 all morning. Fucking game was perfect! More people need to start playing this again.

- shotguns were worthless (at least MW3 has the striker and usas)
- most of the red perks were useless
- sitrep is much more effective than bomb squad
- martyrdom was more annoying than DMH
- triple frag spam
- juggernaut being resistant to both bullets and explosives
- M16 should have had sway
- R700 should have had the 75 base damage not the M40 w/acog
- mini-uzi should have had both higher RoF and less recoil than the P90
- Showdown and Wetwork were very flawed maps

perfect isn't the word i would use. It's just that since CoD4 MW3 has been the only game where the SMG, sniper, and AR classes are decently balanced bewteen each other.

Been playing cod4 all morning. Fucking game was perfect! More people need to start playing this again.

Game was great but I can't see myself going back to that game unless it was somehow remade...and I still stand by my decision that WaW was the best COD I've played.

Anyone here hit Prestige 11 already?

Yes sir. Been 11th since the patch that added those prestiges went up.

Between Gotham City Imposters and the Vita, I haven't been on COD lately but I just got home so I may play a few games. Playing with the L86. Will be next in line for those 2500 kills.

Sushen

- shotguns were worthless (at least MW3 has the striker and usas)
- most of the red perks were useless
- sitrep is much more effective than bomb squad
- martyrdom was more annoying than DMH
- triple frag spam
- juggernaut being resistant to both bullets and explosives
- M16 should have had sway
- R700 should have had the 75 base damage not the M40 w/acog
- mini-uzi should have had both higher RoF and less recoil than the P90
- Showdown and Wetwork were very flawed maps

perfect isn't the word i would use. It's just that since CoD4 MW3 has been the only game where the SMG, sniper, and AR classes are decently balanced bewteen each other.

Yup, it was the case of there are so many things that are OP, it balanced out in weird way.

Game was great but I can't see myself going back to that game unless it was somehow remade...and I still stand by my decision that WaW was the best COD I've played.
Seriously? Blops was the first Triarch game that came close to IW games exceeding in some categories.

Seriously? Blops was the first Triarch game that came close to IW games exceeding in some categories.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed black ops and it's probably my 2nd favorite but WaW was really fun. The biggest reason, for me, was because of the maps as well as the bolt action rifles. I haven't been impressed with IW these past 2 games.

For me personally Black Ops had some very good maps, well balanced gameplay and the focus was on gunplay. It seems like some of the other games especially MW2 just degenerated into abusing specific weapons/ perks. I have to say though that at the time I didnt really dig WaW, it seemed to have chosen a very dull aesthetic compared to the new and exciting (at time time) modern warfare angle.

Going back though, gameplay wise WaW was brilliant, I loved the bolt action rifles.

eek5

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed black ops and it's probably my 2nd favorite but WaW was really fun. The biggest reason, for me, was because of the maps as well as the bolt action rifles. I haven't been impressed with IW these past 2 games.

Gun balance was a joke and vehicles were terrible but the maps in W@W were really good. It's one of my favorite CODs for flanking/knifing by far just because of the map design. War mode was amazing too. :/

Quick trophy question, not sure where else to ask.
In specops I purchased all items in the weapons armory and all items in the air support armory but the trophy "arms dealer" and "Danger Zone" are not popping up. This is frustrating since these are the only two I need to platinum the game. Is this some known glitch? Has this happened to anyone else?

kuYuri

Quick trophy question, not sure where else to ask.
In specops I purchased all items in the weapons armory and all items in the air support armory but the trophy "arms dealer" and "Danger Zone" are not popping up. This is frustrating since these are the only two I need to platinum the game. Is this some known glitch? Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe you missed something? I had this problem with the weapon armory and it turns out I missed buying the FMG9, which is the first machine pistol you can buy.

kuYuri

What time did the new maps become available for the 360? Just wondering when I can expect the maps today for the PS3.

It was around 5AM EST for me. However, you have to wait until the PS Store updates before you can get the Elite DLC, as it's tied to it...

EDIT: Never mind then, guess it still works out for PS3 owners. That's good.

Overdoziz

Banned
Far from perfect. OP grenade launcher, martyrdom, killstreaks and juggernaut can ruin your day.
Considering the fact that every CoD game after 4 has added even more of that kind of crap CoD4 is still my favorite.

NJ Shlice

What's the emblem that some people have next to their number. Looks like a gold skull with wings and an "i" above its head?

Also, how many people do you need in your clan to compete in clan matches?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Can't say I like the way they set up the Elite playlists. I don't enjoy Domination and it never should have been put in the same list as TDM and Kill Confirmed.

Oh well I got a taste of the new maps now its back to the regular playlists.

*see's all the COD4 hate*

*Cries a tear*

No kidding.

What's the emblem that some people have next to their number. Looks like a gold skull with wings and an "i" above its head?

Also, how many people do you need in your clan to compete in clan matches?

Just one, theoretically. Also, it's the new prestige icons. I is 11. II is twelve. Etc., etc.

Can't say I like the way they set up the Elite playlists. I don't enjoy Domination and it never should have been put in the same list as TDM and Kill Confirmed.

Wasn't like that til a week ago. They did it to add more HC playlists. I hate it too.

redhot_

So did that update turn the voice chat down to 0 in the options for anyone else? Had a little freak out thinking my headset kicked the bucket.

Nizz

So I've been playing this for a little bit since getting it last week. It's great that IW got rid of irritating things like Commando, OMA, and similar stuff. But you guys were right in that there is other stuff that can be irritating.

One big thing is the "I had this guy in my sights and I'm sure I had the kill" moment only to watch the killcam and from his point of view you hadn't even fired a shot. There was one moment were our UAV was up, I saw that someone from the other team was close so I got to a corner waiting for him to round it and I would take him out. The dude literally turned the corner, shot his gun and killed me within a split second. I mean literally, he appeared and I was dead.

Watched the killcam and sure enough, from his view he had time to turn the corner, see me just sitting there and fired his gun killing me. This game, seemingly more so than any other COD, I seem to get shot from the back/all over more than ever. I can definitely chalk it up to me being new to the maps but I mean there seems to be way more places to hide out/camp from. Maybe it's just me. :/

eek5

The L86 thermal/grip is pretty good but it isn't really OP. I used it for ~1500 kills and there are better options in all situations than it. I guess if there is a really really good prone spot with good line of sight, it could be the best option.

I think I actually had more fun with silencer/impact while I was leveling it up.

bluehat9

It's funny because I really wanted to play domination, but it hardly got picked in the elite playlists so I went back to regular too.

Next Elite content drop for Xbox Live members will be on March 13.

-- New Multiplayer map: Black Box
-- New Spec Ops mission: Black Ice
-- New Spec Ops mission: Negotiator

The first content collection pack will be available for non-Elite members on Xbox Live on March 20. Content collection pack #1 will feature the MP maps Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch, and Black Box as well as the Spec Ops missions Black Ice and Negotiator. No price has been announced.

PS3 Elite users will get Overwatch on March 27.

Top Bottom