• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

ok fuck it i will play next week fuck waiting for double xp weekend

You still have the same amount of double xp time, whether it's quad xp or not.

Quad xp is only helpful if you don't play a lot of call of duty, so you lvl up quicker during quad xp than a normal double xp because you don't play as much any other time.

Playing both during the weekdays leading up to friday and playing the weekend will get u to a higher lvl by the end of the weekend than just waiting for friday will.

And chances are you will probably still have quad xp leftover for friday cause 6 hours of dbl xp is a lot.

Nori Chan

no u rangers fan

Anyways clan kill confirmed op tonight idk if i'll be able to participate but if i can i'll post here so we can (hopefully)get more than 2 or 3 people on

It's not that confusing.
With elite you get everything 1 map or 1 mission at a time every few weeks.

Map Pack 3 comes out August 7th and Map Pack 4 comes out September 9th for Non-Elite.

For Elite members they will get the new spec ops missions/game mode August 5th, and have already had the faceoff maps for like two months.

They get 3 new multiplayer maps on September 7th and have already have the other 2 for a month.

So if u buy elite this second, you already have Collection 1, Collection 2, Half of Collection 3, and Half of Collection 4.

Non-Elite has Collection 1, Collection 2, Collection 3 releasing August 7th, and Collection 4 releasing September 9th.

Thanks for the breakdown. Still torn about paying for Elite right now.

So at the end of the day, for MW3, how many normal MP maps are going to be made available? 12?

Thanks for the breakdown. Still torn about paying for Elite right now.

So at the end of the day, for MW3, how many normal MP maps are going to be made available? 12?

DLC Maps?

4 in Collection 1
2 in Collection 2
5 in Collection 4

Total = 11
--------------------

Unless you count Free Terminal....then you get 12 lol.

Picture6-2.png

Anyways clan kill confirmed op tonight idk if i'll be able to participate but if i can i'll post here so we can (hopefully)get more than 2 or 3 people on

Way to not mention it's hardcore. Don't know if i'm interested in that lol. And it's at 9pm Eastern for those that are interested. I looked it up haha. I'll be on most likely, but not for HC KC and i have to do something else at 10 anyway.

EDIT:

6 PM PST

I'm probably not going to be able to be there first hour or so but maybe the last hour

Guess i might join u for the last hour then. We'll see how it goes.

*sigh*

We missed yesterdays clan challenge.

Our clan leader needs to be active every day!

..No we didn't? We got all of the XP for it. That was the first one that we missed because they added it without announcing it.

When you go to 'list', then 'completed', it shows the oldest challenges first for some reason.

I'll be doing the Op later if anyone wants to add me for it. Gonna use it to get Dragonov kills.

..No we didn't? We got all of the XP for it. That was the first one that we missed because they added it without announcing it.

When you go to 'list', then 'completed', it shows the oldest challenges first for some reason.

My bad i got confused :S

Call of Duty Elite's twitter referred to it as Flesh Wound. So i looked at our most recent badge and it was called something else, however their tweet is from yesterday. And the badge is from two days ago so it makes sense.

And if i look at our most recent badge, it's from yesterday. You're doin good.

I just assumed we missed it cause of the past, but you've been doin great lately :)

legacyzero

Banned
took a long long break from this game cause I got bored, how is it now? Spawns and netcode still just as bad?
Yep. Kill-Cam-Ception is still pretty annoying in this game. It's not uncommon to kill a guy, only to get shot in the back, and watch the killcam only to notice it was the guy you JUST killed.

And the hit detection in this game is Black Ops level annoying. Disappointing considering both MW1 and MW2 had excellent netcode. What the hell happened IW?? you cant just copy/paste that shit?

Yep. Kill-Cam-Ception is still pretty annoying in this game. It's not uncommon to kill a guy, only to get shot in the back, and watch the killcam only to notice it was the guy you JUST killed.

And the hit detection in this game is Black Ops level annoying. Disappointing considering both MW1 and MW2 had excellent netcode. What the hell happened IW?? you cant just copy/paste that shit?
The theory I heard was that they had to use BO's netcode because that was the only way they could get the Theater to work. So stupid.

The theory I heard was that they had to use BO's netcode because that was the only way they could get the Theater to work. So stupid.
Interesting. That would make some sense.

Didn't they just announce recently that they were implementing "MW2 lag compensation"?

Honestly, I find the netcode to be ok right now. Maybe it was slightly better in MW2, but it seems ok for me.

I've had to start and stop this game like 4 times just to get all the DLC downloaded. Why doesn't "Get all available content" mean just that? It only did like 5 things at a time

edit: how are people still so bad at this game? Had three people going double digits negative on my team

also, can Treyarch/IW finally put a goddamn filter that doesn't put you back into lobbies you've quit out of? Got put the in the same game three times after I left it.

MrDaravon

I've had to start and stop this game like 4 times just to get all the DLC downloaded. Why doesn't "Get all available content" mean just that? It only did like 5 things at a time

edit: how are people still so bad at this game? Had three people going double digits negative on my team

also, can Treyarch/IW finally put a goddamn filter that doesn't put you back into lobbies you've quit out of? Got put the in the same game three times after I left it.

I had to do the Get All Available Content thing a couple of weeks ago. At least on 360, it would only queue 5 things at a time, but when I hit B to back out of that screen it would automatically bring up the next 5, so I was able to queue everything up at once. The way Elite drops are doled out seems to be awkward as hell in general though.

Xux

I love over watch

According to Elite, it's my highest K/D map
Haha, it's the only map I'm negative on.

Nothing is worse than downturn. I'm guessing you just forgot of its existence since it never shows up anymore.
Being the true conformist nonconformist I am, I always vote for maps I don't like so I can try to "figure them out". Still can't figure out Downturn or Overwatch, though Overwatch might be an LMG map for me since it seemed to work better than other guns I've used.

Outpost seems rarer, though; it's still glitchy as fuck and I think they just gave up and wiped it from the playlists, lol.

Outpost seems rarer, though; it's still glitchy as fuck and I think they just gave up and wiped it from the playlists, lol.

I've legit played downturn like 5 or 6 times in 2012 if even that. It doesn't show up in demolition and when it does it doesn't get voted. Outpost shows up not as often as other maps in demolition, but often enough. It definitely shows up more often than bootleg and interchange. It's quite fun as well. Outpost B bombsite can easily be the hardest one in the game to plant if defended properly, yet i can always rush plant it on offense because nobody goes there, but the enemy team never plants it when my team is on defense.

Also, i've been saying this for a while, but according to elite, downturn is my worst K/D map at 1.60 exact and Bakaara is my best (Non-DLC) at 2.83 lifetime. Lockdown close behind at 2.82 lifetime.

My internet kicked. Just got it back an hour or two ago. Sorry for suddenly bailing on you guys.

Also, it's a shitty map, but I have almost a 1.5 on downturn.

It's weird. My favorite maps (faceoff) are the only ones I'm negative on. Some of them. But others that I hate (Dome, Intersection, Carbon, Village...) I'm highest on.

M16 is pretty damn good now. Not sure if it's as good as the Type 95 but I was destroying with it at all ranges in Face Off. Even got a one burst kill spawn-to-spawn on Aground.

Yeah, Noriega said you were a real hoot to play with.

What does that mean? :S I'm guessin thats bad lol.

EDIT: Well i'm about to go to bed. Anyway, whitesox asked me to play the clan op, but i said i was playing with a friend already. He said he didn't wanna play alone and that he'd rather join my party, so thats why we all played demo/tdm instead. I didn't force him into it or anything

Good games today BruiserBear. We did well. Lookin forward to playin again :D

Yeah, we definitely did well. :) Did we even lose a match? You were a beast.

Sorry I had to leave announced, but my 36 year old ass doesn't stay up as late as I used to. :p I have a mic, but it was near my other Xbox, and I was too lazy to get it. Also, I realized my question about you knowing my age was rather dumb. lol

Yeah, we definitely did well. :) Did we even lose a match? You were a beast.

Sorry I had to leave announced, but my 36 year old ass doesn't stay up as late as I used to. :p I have a mic, but it was near my other Xbox, and I was too lazy to get it. Also, I realized my question about you knowing my age was rather dumb. lol

Yeah everybody played really well last nite. I think we lost one like 75-72 because the bottom 3 randoms on our team had 9 kills combined and like 35+ deaths. Maybe next time we play, you'll have your mic :D

I've always been confused where to post Black Ops II stuff since there is no thread for it, but i wish they would give us a time for this reveal. It seems to be going very quiet for a multiplayer reveal.

I hope it's not like Black Ops where it's a Multiplayer Teaser Trailer and then it says Full Multiplayer Reveal on [insert early September date here] at the end.

Strider brought that up to me and it seems like thats what it actually is going to be, and not a reveal like the press thing Black ops had or Cod XP. I think that press thing will be in September like always.

If you think about, for campaign trailers, they always say it's the worldwide reveal of Black Ops II etc... , so by saying it's the worldwide reveal of multiplayer might just mean it's a teaser trailer.

DoomGyver

Yeah whats the clan name? I'm just now going to activate my elite card that came with the hardened edition. My internet was so shitty I didn't even bother. Now I've got 20mbps.

I have to download all of the dlc, and the elite booklet says i get additional clan xp boost.

edit:

Found the clan thread, I'll send Xtortionist a message on xbl.

Anyone playing tonight?

Yeah whats the clan name? I'm just now going to activate my elite card that came with the hardened edition. My internet was so shitty I didn't even bother. Now I've got 20mbps.

I have to download all of the dlc, and the elite booklet says i get additional clan xp boost.

edit:

Found the clan thread, I'll send Xtortionist a message on xbl.

Anyone playing tonight?

Xtortionist gave it over to me. What's your GT?

Top Bottom