• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Dear IW,

Can you please stop putting me in the same lobby I've left 10 FUCKING TIMES?! Jesus fucking christ. I see that "Found 3/10 Games," you don't have to put me in that first one every single fucking time.

Regards,
thezerofire

I get two hours of double XP for signing up for Elite (non paid/premium) access? Was surprised to see this gold xp thingee in the corner of my profile yesterday.

ecurbj

You don't. The clan joins you.

Are you on PS3 or 360? I got an invite to the 360 clan by posting in this thread.
I'm on the 360. Some dude sent me a PM about sending him my gamertag and I did. Then he told me to log on Elite and accept the clan invite and I didn't see or don't see anything of that nature on my account.

So i've been playing chaos mode a bit lately and here are my records so far:

Underground: 72.9mil, 625 combo, Rank 30 in the world.
Village: 60.4mil, 523 combo, Rank 48 in the world.
Resistance: 59.3 mil, 607 combo, 115 in the world.
Dome: 55.3 mil, 564 combo, Rank 300 something in the world.

If anybody wants to party up and play chaos with me, feel free to msg me on live :D
My gamertag is the same as my GAF username. Chaos mode is really addictive haha.

I have my points ready for Collection 3. Really excited to play Chaos. Might even stay up and download it as soon as it becomes available lol. We shall see!

I plan on hitting those leaderboards hard so get ready for some competition!

I have my points ready for Collection 3. Really excited to play Chaos. Might even stay up and download it as soon as it becomes available lol. We shall see!

I plan on hitting those leaderboards hard so get ready for some competition!

Why not play together a little bit as well, unless you're really set on taking records down with whoever your partner is. I might be awake when it becomes available to the general public as well, so we can play then or just later in the day if you want.

kuYuri

What's chaos mode?

It's Survival mode, but enemies constantly spawn and come after you rather than in waves and you have a 2 minutes timer. Each time you kill them or collect the tags they drop, you increase your multiplier. There's a bar that starts to countdown for these multipliers, if it drains, you lose the multiplier. The higher the multiplier, the higher your score but you also unlock power-ups if you keep it going, such as perks, air drops, and other power-ups (Last Stand, Juiced, Freeze combo timer, bonus score, etc.)

Weapon pickups are scattered around predetermined spots on the map, but can also be picked up from dead enemies I believe. The game ends when either you die or the 2 minute timer runs out unless you keep the the multiplier going. Once that multiplier stops or you die after running out of time, the game ends.

The 2 minute timer is so pointless in chaos mode. I don't know why they even include it or the 60 second timer care packages, which by far, are the worst care packages you can get and are pointless to even go after.

Stantron

Dear IW,

Can you please stop putting me in the same lobby I've left 10 FUCKING TIMES?! Jesus fucking christ. I see that "Found 3/10 Games," you don't have to put me in that first one every single fucking time.

Regards,
thezerofire

It's worse when they put you back into the same match you just rage quitted because the lag is terrible. The system isn't as smart as it should be.

Lol so there's a mistake with Collection 3.

When you download it, instead of getting the Vertigo spec ops mission, you get the MP map, Off Shore, instead.

Lemme go play a quick round of Chaos.

Thanks! I'm definitely gonna have my eyes glued to that livestream lol. Other gameplay from people should be interesting as well.

Lol so there's a mistake with Collection 3.

When you download it, instead of getting the Vertigo spec ops mission, you get the MP map, Off Shore, instead.

Lemme go play a quick round of Chaos.

I wouldn't play in matchmaking with that map haha because the only people you'll ever find when you search for a game are other people that downloaded Collection 3 with that problem and are looking to play the same gamemode as you with dlc on. So even though you have the map, it's more like a bonus survival mode/private match map.

I've deleted/re-downloaded the DLC but still the same problem. Good job, lol.

Anyone else purchase Collection 3 and having this problem? I read on the call of duty forums people have been complaining about it but no response...yet.

popeutlal

Tried out M60 with grip, red dot and stalker last night, had some monster games (40 and 32 kills), it went up 17 levels in less than two hours of play.

This thing is a beast, especially in small maps.

Just beat my old underground record for chaos mode with a score of 83 mil and 669 combo. Rank 54 on the leaderboard, which is worse than my old score ranking, but thats because the maps are available to the general public now and records are always broken.

Still trying to figure out ways to do well once millions of choppers infiltrate the map. It's like near impossible, especially on a map like underground :S

So, do you guys roll with Quad XP or Double XP + Double Weapon XP?

What is the point of double xp + double weapon xp? If you are on double xp that means you're going to prestige very quickly, so if you're using double weapon xp, you're gonna lose the weapon that you maxed out very quickly because you're going to prestige. Usually if i'm lvl 1 on a friday of a dbl xp weekend, i'm prestiged for sure by monday.

Isn't the point of using double weapon xp to get through a gun that is a bitch to lvl up quickly, such as the shotguns? That way you can get to range/damage quicker and then the gun will become good, if you can't deal with the grind to get to them, since it'll be twice as quick, but with double xp on, you're already flying thru the prestige, so use the token on not double weapon xp, so use it on anything else.

All or Nothing is unplayable because of the netcode. I don't think I've ever seen it one where the winner wasn't +10 and got double the knife lunch distance of anyone else.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing this again, are there any loadouts you guys suggest? I used to run with M4A1 silenced and Blind Eye/Assassin/Stalker when I played a few months ago. Not sure how the patches over the past few months have affected the game/strategies.

Just started playing this again, are there any loadouts you guys suggest? I used to run with M4A1 silenced and Blind Eye/Assassin/Stalker when I played a few months ago. Not sure how the patches over the past few months have affected the game/strategies.

Assault:
Type 95 w/ Red Dot & Rapid Fire or ACR w/Red Dot, Kick
FMG9 w/ Akimbo
C4
Flash
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
Stalker

SMG:
PP90 w/ Rapid Fire & Extended Mags or P90 w/ <- Same or MP7 w/ <-Same
MP9 w/ Extended Mags
C4
Flash
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
SitRep/Steady Aim

Xux

That's still a great setup. The M4's record of eternal underratedness goes unbroken.

ecurbj

Assault:
FMG9 w/ Akimbo
C4
Flash
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
Stalker

SMG:
MP9 w/ Extended Mags
C4
Flash
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
SitRep/Steady Aim
I will try all three of those sets after work. Thanks guys!

DoomGyver

I unlocked damage for the 1887 last night. I was running

1887 - Damage
44 Mag - knife
extreme conditioning
assassin
steady aim

for SND. I don't do quite as good with this setup compared to others, but damn is it satisfying.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Assault:
FMG9 w/ Akimbo
C4
Flash
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
Stalker

SMG:
MP9 w/ Extended Mags
C4
Flash
Sleight of Hand
Assassin
SitRep/Steady Aim

Awesome thanks, I'll give that a shot!

I unlocked damage for the 1887 last night. I was running

1887 - Damage
44 Mag - knife
extreme conditioning
assassin
steady aim

for SND. I don't do quite as good with this setup compared to others, but damn is it satisfying.

I go:

1887 - Range
XM25
Sleight of Hand Pro
Assassin Pro
Stalker Pro

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I feel like being accused of hacking is the highest compliment I can receive. Unfortunately people set a pretty low bar for K:D ratio for the accusation making.

Kydd BlaZe

I'm sure this has been discussed before but dead silence is pretty useless in SnD with most people using Sitrep pro.
Ahhhhhh, so that's why every time I die, I can hear my footsteps on their kill cam. I was wondering what the hell that was all about lol. Thought it was a glitch or something. I would rage out like a morherfucker whenever that happened. LMAO

Xux

But then wouldn't everyone just end up crouchwalking?
Knowing the kind of people that stoop to playing SnD, probably. That mode's such a gimmicky shitfest that it's decency really hangs on a thread.

In all seriousness, though, I've always thought sprinting while being silent was pretty OP. I'd rather soundwhoring in general be nerfed and SnD be primary weapon with no attachments only and no killstreaks etc. I tend to avoid SnD like the plague, though, so maybe I'm not the best judge of it.

Can anyone give me a reason to not buy Elite? I think I want the map packs, but I just want to make sure something isn't going to suck before I spend my $50.

Are the maps worth it? Is the competition level that much better when playing with all the map packs?

Can anyone give me a reason to not buy Elite? I think I want the map packs, but I just want to make sure something isn't going to suck before I spend my $50.

Are the maps worth it? Is the competition level that much better when playing with all the map packs?

Competition level is definitely noticeably better, without a doubt.

Played this weekend for the Double XP. I'm so close to being completely done with this game. Every single match always has at least half the players quick scoping. I hope for the love of God quick scoping does not return in Black Ops II.

Played this weekend for the Double XP. I'm so close to being completely done with this game. Every single match always has at least half the players quick scoping. I hope for the love of God quick scoping does not return in Black Ops II.

I played probably 5 hours this weekend. Don't know if I saw more than a few quickscopers the entire time.

What mode are you playing in? I'm almost exclusively in standard Team Deathmatch.

Top Bottom