• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Me playing Demolition

ibyTYBpmuTfo3k.gif

Real k/d killer for me. Bet I'm lower than Noriega now : /

Even when we were winning it felt like a total clusterfuck. Props to the other Gaffers for holding it down.

ecurbj

I will like to join the clan. If its possible. I'm at level 74 on my 3rd prestige. I don't play the game that much. My KD is 1.35 right now :/

I've always been confused where to post Black Ops II stuff since there is no thread for it, but i wish they would give us a time for this reveal. It seems to be going very quiet for a multiplayer reveal.

I hope it's not like Black Ops where it's a Multiplayer Teaser Trailer and then it says Full Multiplayer Reveal on [insert early September date here] at the end.

Strider brought that up to me and it seems like thats what it actually is going to be, and not a reveal like the press thing Black ops had or Cod XP. I think that press thing will be in September like always.

If you think about, for campaign trailers, they always say it's the worldwide reveal of Black Ops II etc... , so by saying it's the worldwide reveal of multiplayer might just mean it's a teaser trailer.

They gonna bring MP to gamescom for the public to get hands on with it. That is from 16-19 Aug. i believe. Surely we will get allot of footage and all the info we need just like Cod XP.

DoomGyver

I'm loving this internet. It allows me to be a lot more aggressive. I can feel my K/d going up.

Anyone else use the MSR with BE/Assn/DS and the speed proficiency? Deadly on S&D.'

I'm definitely going to be playing a lot more.

I need some friends on XBL who play weekly, my GT is in my profile.

They gonna bring MP to gamescom for the public to get hands on with it. That is from 16-19 Aug. i believe. Surely we will get allot of footage and all the info we need just like Cod XP.

I don't think there will be hands on multiplayer at gamescom. You must be thinking of the Gamestop Expo, which is taking place on August 29th in San Antonio, TX. It is practically like replacing COD XP, without all the other activites and the ceremony. It allows fans to play multiplayer against each other.

CODXP only told us everything because of the convention though, not the hands on multiplayer.
I really hope they have a convention that can be watched live, or at least is similar to black ops, where the media posts as it is happening live.

otakuderek

In regards to the clan, please don't delete me if I haven't been already? I have been deployed since April and I will be back in the game in another 2 weeks. Thanks!

Stantron

How foolish of me to play 2 hours of laggy ass tdm without checking to see if we were enlisted in the clan op. i'm a second behind every god damn body. :mad:

Me playing Demolition

ibyTYBpmuTfo3k.gif

Real k/d killer for me. Bet I'm lower than Noriega now : /

Even when we were winning it felt like a total clusterfuck. Props to the other Gaffers for holding it down.

I usually do amazing in demolition, then again I am running around with a Striker, Blind Eye Pro, Assassin Pro, Sit Rep Pro, and Support killstreaks.

I don't think there will be hands on multiplayer at gamescom. You must be thinking of the Gamestop Expo, which is taking place on August 29th in San Antonio, TX. It is practically like replacing COD XP, without all the other activites and the ceremony. It allows fans to play multiplayer against each other.

CODXP only told us everything because of the convention though, not the hands on multiplayer.
I really hope they have a convention that can be watched live, or at least is similar to black ops, where the media posts as it is happening live.

They allready said they are bringing the mp to gamescom.
And Vonderhaar mentioned a couple of times they will blow the lid of in 10 days.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/232370511282307072

And Vonderhaar mentioned a couple of times they will blow the lid of in 10 days.

That's awesome :D Thats why i said i don't think theres multi there haha. I couldn't find anything about it. In the past gamescom has usually just been a repeat of E3, except for last year when spec ops survival was playable. So now we have this trailer tomorrow, gamescom, and the gamestop expo for multiplayer. Hopefully zombies shows up soon. Black ops had no zombies details whatsoever before release :/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing some MW3 this weekend after a long absence and I'm getting into it again. Are there any ongoing clan events that I can get in on? I have Elite if that makes a difference.

njean777

Is it just me or does this game punish you for having decent internet? I have noticed when I host, the game lags really bad, but other times when I am not the host I do really well...

Is it just me or does this game punish you for having decent internet? I have noticed when I host, the game lags really bad, but other times when I am not the host I do really well...

It's the essence of how bad the lag compensation system works in this game. If you have fast Internet and nothing running on the computer, your performance will be 50/50. If you have spotty Internet and stream Netflix in the background, you're going to whip everybody if you have average skill.

njean777

It's the essence of how bad the lag compensation system works in this game. If you have fast Internet and nothing running on the computer, your performance will be 50/50. If you have spotty Internet and stream Netflix in the background, you're going to whip everybody if you have average skill.

Really hope Black Ops 2 does not have this, it never affected me much when I had 3mb per sec internet, but now that I upgraded to 6mb I host a lot more and I lag beyond belief. I think I am just gonna quit playing because I know I am pretty good and now I am lucky if I break even on the scoreboard when I host.

Gotta answer this twice haha, so read the first post if you haven't. Are you sure it's playable at gamescom? Like can you source it? Cause it might just be a reveal. Like similar to E3, where they are on a stage and talk about the game, but about multi instead of campaign.

popeutlal

I don't actually mind the lag in this game, if you shoot, the bullets will hit the target, I just play cautiously in laggy games and do fine. The lag in Black Ops was ridiculous...seemed like I was always behind a second compared to others, you shoot, the bullets seem to vaporize in mid air...enemy turns around and a frame later you are dead.

I recently tried playing Black Ops again, what a terrible game. Especially the sound effects....why do grenades, sticky grenades, grenade launchers, claymores or any explosion sound exactly the same...they couldn't be bothered to alter that one sound effect.

This game is so fucking frustrating. Never in any other community have I seen so many people content to lay down/head glitch with a one-burst/3 bullet kill weapon and just sit the whole game. That and I'm convinced 99% of the community doesn't use more than 3-4 guns.

That's awesome :D Thats why i said i don't think theres multi there haha. I couldn't find anything about it. In the past gamescom has usually just been a repeat of E3, except for last year when spec ops survival was playable. So now we have this trailer tomorrow, gamescom, and the gamestop expo for multiplayer. Hopefully zombies shows up soon. Black ops had no zombies details whatsoever before release :/
I'm so hyped to see how big they've made the zombie mode considering what they've said about it.

I just played the new DLC.

Special Delivery is up there as one of the greatest spec ops missions of all time. I <3 it already. I ended up playing it like 5 times too, so me and my partner could get all the achievements for it.

I also played 1 chaos mode match while i was waiting for my partner to download the dlc and i got a score of 4.5mil, which probably sucks, but it was #1 on the leaderboard when i got it cause i was like the only one to play it :p. I'm down to #42 now. Soon, it'll be like 100,000. That mode is just like wtf shoot everything when i played it lol. I'm sure when i play it again, i'll play more strategically and "rape train" and learn where things are. I'm not sure how exactly to extend the timer though, but i did do it once. It might be from one of the care package drops. I need to learn what all the symbols mean. I ended up dying when i shot up one of the humvees on dome too much and ended up car bombing myself. My multiplier was 190x lol.

But don't forget, Special Delivery, one of the best spec ops mission EVAR!

I just saw a video of the new special ops chaos mode...and I like what I saw. Being that I already have 500 points in my account (and the fact that today is my birthday = birthday money! Lol) I think I will be picking up collection 3.

Would love to hear more impressions of chaos mode!

kuYuri

Chaos mode is fucking awesome lol. Got over 8 million with a 254 combo on Dome. Could have gone higher, but putting down a Claymore was slow even though I earned Quckdraw and doing that wasted my combo time.

Oh well, I'll come back to it later.

Dome is pretty much the perfect map for it.

Nori Chan

Yeah Dome is what everyone plays lol.

I thought it said Chaos was 4 players? Plus it doesn't help me rank up in the Spec Ops lobby :\

Does anybody wanna play co-op chaos today? Just post here/msg me on live or pm me here. I'll be playing it throughout the day and getting good at it :D

EDIT: Just got 34mil with 473 multiplier on dome as my best score in co-op spec ops chaos after playing through each map twice, except for underground, which i played once. Dome's score is 2000 in the world and undergrounds score on my first try was also 2000 in the world. I can definitely see myself getting some really crazy combos on this in the near future, possibly in the thousands lol.

3rd try co op dome now. Got 564 multiplier and rank 149 in da world. Going higher now!

EDIT: Damn, tried playing a few times since and can't seem to beat that lol. Gonna keep trying though.

and the total score was 55384800

Top Bottom