• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

MechDX

Played this weekend for the Double XP. I'm so close to being completely done with this game. Every single match always has at least half the players quick scoping. I hope for the love of God quick scoping does not return in Black Ops II.

Sadly it is. Hopefully it waont be as prevelant like MW3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So my friend came up with this insane custom Gun Game set up and it is straight crack cocaine. There were like 7 of us in voice chat together and it was getting so intense haha. Such good times. I really hope Blops 2 allows for customized wager modes/private wager matches so we can further polish this.

Nori Chan

So is there any point of prestiging after 10? As much as I love max prestiging, I doubt I can hit 10 more after hitting 10 again before November lol.

I think I'm going to stay at prestige 10. Currently at 8.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So is there any point of prestiging after 10? As much as I love max prestiging, I doubt I can hit 10 more after hitting 10 again before November lol.

I think I'm going to stay at prestige 10. Currently at 8.

Yeah, that's my current goal too. If I keep playing at the rate I am I think I can manage it before November.

aristotle

Man...the Youtube commentators really are jumping all over this rumored "True Skill ranking". It's pretty damn funny to hear people who usually go 40-70/3 KDR bitching "man I will not play those TSR playlists. I just want to have fun, not actually try." Apparently playing against people of your own skill level is now a bad thing. I hope TSR is on every playlist. I don't want to see these YT steamroll new players. It doesn't show skill (to me).

MarkofJ :(
Fistdacuffs :(

How many other YT channels will take a nosedive when they can't do their high KDR runs anymore?

Are you basing that on the Elite playlists, or just every playlist in general?

Every playlist in general.

Elite playlist is like playing competitive in black ops or veteran in WaW.
When a new drop releases, it's slightly more populated, but still very difficult.

Even back in the days of Black Ops and MW2, playing with map packs = more difficult.

Xux

Man...the Youtube commentators really are jumping all over this rumored "True Skill ranking". It's pretty damn funny to hear people who usually go 40-70/3 KDR bitching "man I will not play those TSR playlists. I just want to have fun, not actually try." Apparently playing against people of your own skill level is now a bad thing. I hope TSR is on every playlist. I don't want to see these YT steamroll new players. It doesn't show skill (to me).

How many other YT channels will take a nosedive when they can't do their high KDR runs anymore?
Probably a lot of them since so much of the community believes high KD games to be the only ones worth watching. All I know is "skill" is too abstract a concept for me and I just stick to entertaining videos. I usually just watch people for their personality so, for guys like MarkOfJ, who I find to be pretty obnoxious, I don't really care what kind of KD they can pull with their PP90.

MechDX

True skill ranking? Will this in MW3 or BLOPS 2?

aristotle

Probably a lot of them since so much of the community believes high KD games to be the only ones worth watching. All I know is "skill" is too abstract a concept for me and I just stick to entertaining videos. I usually just watch people for their personality so, for guys like MarkOfJ, who I find to be pretty obnoxious, I don't really care what kind of KD they can pull with their PP90.

Very true. I'll keep watching Schwindt because I find him funny & entertaining. The rest though (in my opinion) are only popular because of high KDR. Once their gameplay suffers, their personalities aren't nearly as entertaining as a whole.

True skill ranking? Will this in MW3 or BLOPS 2?

It's rumored to be in BLOPS2. Supposedly it's like the skill ranking in Halo, but I have no idea since I don't have a 360 anymore and never played MP in Halo.

MechDX

It's rumored to be in BLOPS2. Supposedly it's like the skill ranking in Halo, but I have no idea since I don't have a 360 anymore and never played MP in Halo.

I hope so. Getting older I just do not have loads of extra time to invest in games to get good at them but I do enjoy COD's playstyle. But getting called out for my skills by a -bunch of freaking high school/college "bros"/no life douches because I finish 17-15 isnt very entertaining.

Every playlist in general.

Elite playlist is like playing competitive in black ops or veteran in WaW.
When a new drop releases, it's slightly more populated, but still very difficult.

Even back in the days of Black Ops and MW2, playing with map packs = more difficult.

Yeah, and I bought all the map packs for MW2 and still felt like I could compete with everyone.

For some reason I'm just intimidated by the stories I've heard about MW3 and the map packs. lol

ecurbj

I hope so. Getting older I just do not have loads of extra time to invest in games to get good at them but I do enjoy COD's playstyle. But getting called out for my skills by a -bunch of freaking high school/college "bros"/no life douches because I finish 17-15 isnt very entertaining.
You and me both. I hate that. I play to have fun with my friends but yet when I enter a lobby with dudes that prestige to level 9 or 10 talking about I suck. Shit gets real and I turn the game off or back out of the lobby altogether.

I'm sure we'll find out the real details about it Wednesday or Thursday at Gamescom, but from my understanding, there won't be trueskill matchmaking. It'll still search based off your locale. Connections would be a disaster lol. However, there is going to be something similar to FIFA 12's head to head seasons, where there are lets say 20 leagues, each with its own emblem, and you play a few placement matches first to determine which league you'll start off in. Then, every few matches, depending on how you play, you either get promoted, demoted, or stay in the same league. You show off your emblem to say "hey, i'm in the league that represents the top 2% of gamers in the world!" etc... And while in those leagues, you only play with other players in those leagues. This is just for the league game mode. Thats how i've been seeing it at least. Normal matchmaking will still be normal matchmaking. We'll still find out for sure in just a few days.

Yeah, and I bought all the map packs for MW2 and still felt like I could compete with everyone.

For some reason I'm just intimidated by the stories I've heard about MW3 and the map packs. lol

Yeah people like to exaggerate a lot. I did delete MW2 map packs on two separate occasions when it was in its prime just for a nite, and the players you run into are much easier, as opposed to playing with 2 map packs on.

If you just think about it, the guy thats 50 years old and comes home from an exhausting day at work and just wants to play a few matches before bed, he is such a casual gamer, he doesn't buy map packs, and then you'll never play with him ever again once you buy map packs. Nevertheless, you run into the guys with headsets that start playing at 8pm and will play all night until 3am because they're young and have nothing else to do for the whole night/next morning. Very few split screeners in mw3 map packs on. You'll still be fine though. It's not like your k/d will drop like 1000 points outta nowhere.

true skill is used all over Microsoft multiplayer games, not just Halo I believe. And Bungie pretty much abandoned it in Reach, you can't get a competitive game to save your life

Finally took the plunge and bought Elite last night.

I was immediately struck by how many people were not voting for the DLC maps. I played for nearly 2 hours, and I believe I only played about half of the DLC maps. Most of the time they were not voted for.

I hope this isn't a sign of people's general opinion of the map packs. I can remember playing with the MW2 map packs, and almost everyone seemed to vote for those maps whenever they came up.

The level of competition was notably more skilled, but I know I can hang when I get to know those DLC maps better.

I noticed I didn't have double XP though, and I thought I remembered hearing that buying Elite netted you a couple hours of double XP. Is this true? Does it just take a day to activate?

Finally took the plunge and bought Elite last night.

I was immediately struck by how many people were not voting for the DLC maps. I played for nearly 2 hours, and I believe I only played about half of the DLC maps. Most of the time they were not voted for.

I hope this isn't a sign of people's general opinion of the map packs. I can remember playing with the MW2 map packs, and almost everyone seemed to vote for those maps whenever they came up.

The level of competition was notably more skilled, but I know I can hang when I get to know those DLC maps better.

I noticed I didn't have double XP though, and I thought I remembered hearing that buying Elite netted you a couple hours of double XP. Is this true? Does it just take a day to activate?
Are you in the Elite lists or just the regular ones?

You only get the double xp when you sign up for elite, not when you purchase it. You were an elite member before, just not premium. Purchasing premium doesn't get you more double xp.

I cannot wait for the Call of Duty game that makes it so dashboarding still counts ur stats.

It pisses me off so much when people dashboard and then also brag about stats, or even when people dashboard in general. Seriously, if ur so mad at that specific game, then just push start and leave game like a man.

I want to see all these peoples' stats after dashboarding is fixed in future call of duty's or call's of duty lol.

It's also annoying because i have some very good stats and get accused of it constantly, yet the only time i dashboard is when i join session in progress to a losing game to ensure i don't get a loss for nothing, or when a game starts and i notice i have 3 bars, so it's before i even play. Never do i dashboard in the middle of a game because i'm not satisfied with my stats. You can also do the B--->Start---->Leave game but that still gives a loss every once in a while.

NawidA

Banned
Hey, about to start playing but it seems my little cousin already did a few months ago. Any way to delete all single and multiplayer progress?

Hey, about to start playing but it seems my little cousin already did a few months ago. Any way to delete all single and multiplayer progress?

You can delete single player by going to System Settings--->Memory--->Hard Drive--->Modern Warfare 3----> Find the thing that says single player progress for ur gamertag there. Then, erase it.

so I'm ridiculously addicted to the FFA Gun Game playlist. most of the time I'm super frustrated with the netcode in All or Nothing, but I can't stop playing it

I cannot wait for the Call of Duty game that makes it so dashboarding still counts ur stats.

It pisses me off so much when people dashboard and then also brag about stats, or even when people dashboard in general. Seriously, if ur so mad at that specific game, then just push start and leave game like a man.

I want to see all these peoples' stats after dashboarding is fixed in future call of duty's or call's of duty lol.

It's also annoying because i have some very good stats and get accused of it constantly, yet the only time i dashboard is when i join session in progress to a losing game to ensure i don't get a loss for nothing, or when a game starts and i notice i have 3 bars, so it's before i even play. Never do i dashboard in the middle of a game because i'm not satisfied with my stats. You can also do the B--->Start---->Leave game but that still gives a loss every once in a while.

So you really hate it when people "dashboard", but sometimes you dashboard. Got it.

Guess what? I've never "dashboarded" a single time while playing MW1, WaW, MW2, BLOPS, or MW3. I just don't obsess over my stats to that degree, and I feel that quitting in the middle of any match is a douche thing to do, because then someone else just gets thrown into my game to replace me. It's my biggest complaint with all of these COD games. The penalty for quitting is inconsequential.

People start having a bad match? They quit. People realize the competition in that lobby is too good? They quit. People start off having a bad match, but don't want to believe it's their fault, so it must be lag, they quit. It often seems like half the userbase of these games is just full of wimpy, bratty kids who just can't accept losing in any form. So they quit when faced with it. Even worse, is that this mindset seems more prevalent among the more "hardcore" players in the game. Since buying Elite the other day I'm noticing people quitting more than ever. The moment the match starts off poorly, boom, half the team is gone. Utterly pathetic.

So you really hate it when people "dashboard", but sometimes you dashboard. Got it.

Guess what? I've never "dashboarded" a single time while playing MW1, WaW, MW2, BLOPS, or MW3. I just don't obsess over my stats to that degree, and I feel that quitting in the middle of any match is a douche thing to do, because then someone else just gets thrown into my game to replace me. It's my biggest complaint with all of these COD games. The penalty for quitting is inconsequential.

People start having a bad match? They quit. People realize the competition in that lobby is too good? They quit. People start off having a bad match, but don't want to believe it's their fault, so it must be lag, they quit. It often seems like half the userbase of these games is just full of wimpy, bratty kids who just can't accept losing in any form. So they quit when faced with it. Even worse, is that this mindset seems more prevalent among the more "hardcore" players in the game. Since buying Elite the other day I'm noticing people quitting more than ever. The moment the match starts off poorly, boom, half the team is gone. Utterly pathetic.

Agree with everything there. And i could just push B--->Start---->Leave Game in both the situations i stated but because of a GAME GLITCH i decide to dashboard to ensure i don't get a loss. I'm not dashboarding to exploit not having my stats count, which is what i hate. People can do as bad as they want in a game and be losing, just to dashboard/turn off xbox and not have it count.

I don't quit in the middle of match ever either. Cause if i'm in a losing game, where our team is getting crushed, quitting = loss and keep playing = at least the tiniest slim chance of me winning. Also, if somebody blames it on lag while on a 3 bar or worse, they have a legit excuse. Playing on 3 bars is definitely playing on a disadvantage, which is why i don't play 3 bars ever in the first place and is another reason why i have an awesome cod experience :D

I thought dashboarding still counted as a loss?

Nope. Dashboarding= Game never happened. The game has no idea you even played it, so no loss. You get nothing for it.

Agree with everything there. And i could just push B--->Start---->Leave Game in both the situations i stated but because of a GAME GLITCH i decide to dashboard to ensure i don't get a loss. I'm not dashboarding to exploit not having my stats count, which is what i hate. People can do as bad as they want in a game and be losing, just to dashboard/turn off xbox and not have it count.

I don't quit in the middle of match ever either. Cause if i'm in a losing game, where our team is getting crushed, quitting = loss and keep playing = at least the tiniest slim chance of me winning. Also, if somebody blames it on lag while on a 3 bar or worse, they have a legit excuse. Playing on 3 bars is definitely playing on a disadvantage, which is why i don't play 3 bars ever in the first place and is another reason why i have an awesome cod experience :D

Well, giving yourself a broad excuse like "whenever I've got 3 bars I quit" seems like a wide open reason for leaving matches. Frequently your bars will change during a match, and quite honestly I don't even pay attention to it unless the game feels laggy to me.

Personally, I can't tell the difference between 3 or 4 bars.

Well, giving yourself a broad excuse like "whenever I've got 3 bars I quit" seems like a wide open reason for leaving matches. Frequently your bars will change during a match, and quite honestly I don't even pay attention to it unless the game feels laggy to me.

Personally, I can't tell the difference between 3 or 4 bars.

It happens pretty rarely honestly. It's usually the first match of the day before i can get a lobby that works. And i quit before it even starts. It never changes for me in the middle of a match unless the host changes and if there is host migration, i'm usually the one that gets host anyway, but if it changes to 3 bars thru that, then i'll wait til the end anyway. Once i join a lobby, i'm usually 4 bars and then pull host once the original host leaves and am still 4 bars.

Why play at a disadvantage? Seriously man... I'd rather not have to deal with that man.... It's like playing a real life basketball game where one team has to play sitting in wheelchairs only and the other team can run and play normally. I'd rather just leave before it starts knowing theres no penalty and start a new normal game.

Nope. Dashboarding= Game never happened. The game has no idea you even played it, so no loss. You get nothing for it.

actually thats not correct dashboarding = a loss if your host and the lobby is disconnected its a loss for everyone.

adelante

Only time I quit in the middle of a match is when I'm lagging badly. Can't help it when you're in Asia and playing in the wee hours of the night, end up playing with peeps from UK/SouthAfrica. Even then I'd usually try to ride it out, playing very carefully, walking around the map instead of constantly running, with a class that has all stealth perks and a gun with extended mags (need to pump as many bullets as I can to kill people in these unfortunate circumstances! lol)

actually thats not correct dashboarding = a loss if your host and the lobby is disconnected its a loss for everyone.

Nope try it right now. Look at ur loss total. Join a game. Play however much you'd like. Dashboard. Load the game back up. Your loss total is the same.

And yeah if you dashboard as host then everybody else in the game gets a loss because the game is abandoned and they get lost connection to host message. If you turn off your xbox as host, everybody else gets a loss and they get sever connection timed out message. But in both cases, you don't get the loss, only the other people do.

Nope try it right now. Look at ur loss total. Join a game. Play however much you'd like. Dashboard. Load the game back up. Your loss total is the same.

lol this wouldn't be a surprise the new IW cant even patch the game properly. MW3 is such a mess. Ill have to try it when I get home from work. I usually just back out or sign out of my gamertag.

lol this wouldn't be a surprise the new IW cant even patch the game properly. MW3 is such a mess. Ill have to try it when I get home from work. I usually just back out or sign out of my gamertag.

Lol signing out has the same effect as dashboarding or turning off your xbox or unplugging ur modem etc... The only game out of all call of duty's [or calls of duty] that you ever got a loss for dashboarding was black ops and you got the loss once the game finished, which was dumb because if you joined a losing game, you got a loss no matter what. B--->start--->leave game didn't work. Dashboarding didn't work. Playing the game didn't work. You just got sucked into a loss for no reason.

Our clan is demolishing clan challenges. We keep getting the highest possible reward out of every single one. The most recent one the the highest goal was 10k kills in a week for the most xp bonus and we got like 20k kills lol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
OK I seriously don't understand what people like about Domination, it's the most frustrating gametype out there. Whichever team starts out losing just gets spawn trapped infinitely until the killstreaks start raining down and making it even more difficult to make a comeback. Battlefield 2 PC (back in the day) had it right where there were 5 flags instead of 3. That way the fighting was a lot more interesting and tug-of-war.

OK I seriously don't understand what people like about Domination, it's the most frustrating gametype out there. Whichever team starts out losing just gets spawn trapped infinitely until the killstreaks start raining down and making it even more difficult to make a comeback. Battlefield 2 PC (back in the day) had it right where there were 5 flags instead of 3. That way the fighting was a lot more interesting and tug-of-war.

This is why I only enjoy the simplest gametypes. Team Deathmatch, kill confirmed, etc. Those are the only modes that don't have the ability to be exploited and abused.

Herlihy Boy

Neo Member
I got booted out of my clan. Not a big loss I guess as we weren't really going anywhere. So, if there's any room in the GAF 360 clan, I'd love to join. GT is The HerIihy Boy.

Kill Confirm can definitely be exploited. I've seen enemies tac-inserting in a corner of the map so they can boost the "Got Your Tags" +250xp bonus.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo I just found my class:

ACR/Kick/ACOG Sight
Blind Eye
Assassin Pro
Stalker Pro

It's really the combination of the ACOG and Stalker which is killer. I round corners at full speed with my ACOG sight up, which means I literally smoke anyone down that line of sight within seconds of seeing him. I've never used an ACOG sight before because I felt like it limited my field of view, but it's really helping me win a lot of my exchanges, so I'll keep it for now.

Top Bottom