• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Why does everyone in this game suck so bad? It's always portable radar, assassin pro, acr, flashbang creeping\camping. Now I'm regulated to using PP90M1\hardline\steady and running marathons around maps. Same shit all the time, even worse when teams are stacked and we are playing camp confirmed or domination, enjoying shit spawns and tact inserts out the asshole. /vent

[Clark Gable];41491142 said:
Why does everyone in this game suck so bad? It's always portable radar, assassin pro, acr, flashbang creeping\camping. Now I'm regulated to using PP90M1\hardline\steady and running marathons around maps. Same shit all the time, even worse when teams are stacked and we are playing camp confirmed or domination, enjoying shit spawns and tact inserts out the asshole. /vent

Just so I understand correctly, you are complaining about the ACR while using a PP90.

And to answer your question, the game sucks so badly because literally the devs don't even know all the stuff about their own game and refuse to be open about the gun stats.

Can someone explain how the "team balancing" works? I mean, I know I'm not the best player, but I get put on some shitty teams were the closest player is sometimes 6 kills behind.

Just so I understand correctly, you are complaining about the ACR while using a PP90.

And to answer your question, the game sucks so badly because literally the devs don't even know all the stuff about their own game and refuse to be open about the gun stats.

I only use it when people are abusing what I was talking about. I usually roll with Mp5 or scar.

[Clark Gable];41491142 said:

that's an oxymoron

It seems like the people that use perks to stay off the radar are some of the more dependent and abusive of theirs. I would've made Assassin just be "Never show up on radar; disables minimap." Perfectly balanced.

I mean if everyone uses Assassin, portable radar is virtually worthless.

Can someone explain how the "team balancing" works? I mean, I know I'm not the best player, but I get put on some shitty teams were the closest player is sometimes 6 kills behind.

The game switches players after every game between to be completely lopsided.
Very rarely does it intentional split the players to be balanced.

It's meant for everyone to get a win not matter how bad they are. Otherwise people would be getting losing streaks in the hundreds.

It seems like the people that use perks to stay off the radar are some of the more dependent and abusive of theirs. I would've made Assassin just be "Never show up on radar; disables minimap." Perfectly balanced.

This is so true. See my post on the previous page.

Assassin is overpowered because being invisible to the UAV alone is a great perk. The PRO version could have offered to prevent a red name from appearing over your head.

Instead it prevents you from showing up on ANY form of radar, and then adds several other perks, including being unaffected by EMPs, and counter UAV. I can't imagine the developer adding all that to this perk and not thinking it was overpowered.

MrDaravon

I doubt it, but do we know anything about if Prestige Tokens will carry forward from MW3 to BO2 or anything like that? I've started playing again and I'm sitting on 3 tokens, but I've already bought everything I actually use (with one or two exceptions on things I unlock by level 20 or so since that's like an hour). I guess I could use them for double XP or something if nothing else, but I'm hesitating just on the off chance they can be carried forward somehow.

I doubt it, but do we know anything about if Prestige Tokens will carry forward from MW3 to BO2 or anything like that? I've started playing again and I'm sitting on 3 tokens, but I've already bought everything I actually use (with one or two exceptions on things I unlock by level 20 or so since that's like an hour). I guess I could use them for double XP or something if nothing else, but I'm hesitating just on the off chance they can be carried forward somehow.

I think it's very unlikely any tokens would be "carried over" to the next game. But I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you tokens in BLOPS 2 for prestiging in MW3, etc.

kuYuri

I believe it was said that the Prestige Shop won't be returning for Black Ops II, so there will be no prestige tokens. Not 100% sure though.

I just looked at Call of Duty Elite and apparently Lockdown is my highest SPM map, which is kinda shocking. 2nd place is Dome and 3rd is Hardhat, which is what i thought would be 1st and 2nd.

What is also crazy is how much more fast paced this game is than Black Ops statistically. We already know it from the gameplay, but my lifetime SPM in Demolition for Black Ops was 167 which was very high and above average. Score per minutes in this game for me in demolition are ranging from 450 at the highest to 400 at the lowest going by map, so on average thats like a 425 SPM lets say, since theres nowhere definite to see it, but thats still crazy that my worst maps SPM is still more than double my lifetime SPM in Black Ops.

Even in Headquarters, i had a 350 SPM (Which is also very high. Practically impossible to achieve without winning every game. Most peoples average in lobbies were around 200.) in Black Ops because that gave score for captures and then +50 every 5 seconds thereafter and that still doesn't beat my demolition SPM here in MW3. It's so much more fast paced in this game.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
My SPM is down from BO, by a lot.
From 455 in BO to 314 in MW3.

Since I can't see anywhere that says the overall BO SPM, I had to use maths, so it may be slightly off due to it rounding to the nearest hour.

For my maps it is: Dome > Mission > Hardhat > Arkaden > Lockdown (Only Mission is in my top 10 for KD, at 10th). No surprise that Outpost is last (of the non DLC).

One difference between the 2 game is that in S&D a kill in BO is worth 500 score and in MW3 only 50. Despite earning 500xp in both. I don't play that much S&D though.

My SPM is down from BO, by a lot.
From 455 in BO to 314 in MW3.

Since I can't see anywhere that says the overall BO SPM, I had to use maths, so it may be slightly off due to it rounding to the nearest hour.

For my maps it is: Dome > Mission > Hardhat > Arkaden > Lockdown (Only Mission is in my top 10 for KD, at 10th). No surprise that Outpost is last (of the non DLC).

One difference between the 2 game is that in S&D a kill in BO is worth 500 score and in MW3 only 50. Despite earning 500xp in both. I don't play that much S&D though.

Well those maps are typical high spm maps so thats no surprise. Most people probably have those in their higher half rather than the bottom half if they ranked the maps by spm highest to lowest. I'm shocked ur spm is down from Blops though. Even my friends have similar demolition leaderboards in both games. When using math, i get a 271 lifetime SPM in black ops. Kinda makes sense since i played 2/3 HQ and 1/3 Demo and my HQ SPM was 350 and demo was 167. I also played some search and my SPM there was 450 lifetime.

and yeah i wasn't counting DLC. i have a 444.0 on piazza lol. It also says i have a 574.9 on foundation, but i'm not sure how many games i've played on that map. It's probably not higher than 15. Non DLC i have 431.8 on lockdown for my highest and 266.6 on downturn for my lowest, mainly cause it only showed up in november when i wasn't as good. Anyways the map sucks xP That map would be the only map lower than my lifetime black ops SPM, which is carried by all the headquarters i played. But when you compare black ops demolition vs. mw3 demolition, mw3 demo SPM more than doubles black ops. Oh and best K/D map, going by non dlc is Bakaara sitting at 2.95 and lockdown is 2nd place at 2.75.

Thinking about it, 400-450 SPM is crazy. Thats 8-9 kills a minute, so i'll use 8.5 here as an example, which means it's a kill every 7 seconds and i don't use sleight of hand, so i have a 3 second reload. An occasional bomb plant/defuse counts as 2 kills, but also burns like 10 seconds and only occurs approximately once a match.

I don't really trust the stats completely for MW3. I've seen bugs in them, and once I prestiged some of them got completely wacky.

Those are MW3 stats though. These are Call of Duty Elite stats. Only problem with it through both games it provides stats for is MW3 playtime is way lower than it actually is.

Also if u want to consider this a bug, once you hit prestige 15 in black ops, or prestige 20 in mw3, since there is a special banner for it, no matter what lvl you are, it'll just say prestige 15 lvl 50 or prestige 20 lvl 80.

Besides that, the stats are very accurate and interesting to look at. Nowhere else can i see my career kills with a certain gun or my K/D with it for MW3.

eek5

Yeah, ELITE stats are pretty accurate with the exception of some games it never records. All the SPM are more or less what I'd expect to see based on the pace I play maps.

Dome, Mission, Piazza, Overwatch, Carbon are my top 5

I mainly play TDM and all of those are relatively fast-paced compared to other maps like Outpost which is a snoozefest.

Just curious since we just did SPM, what are some of your guys top 5 k/d maps? (Not counting DLC)

For me it's Bakaara > Lockdown > Fallen > Seatown > Resistance for my Top 5.

Bottom 5 is Downturn, Outpost, Interchange, Dome, Arkaden.

I'm not a fan of new spawn demo on Interchange, Dome, or Arkaden. Downturn shows up approximately once a month, if not once every other month and i feel like i still don't have a strategy for it because i haven't played it enough. Outpost on the other hand i LOVE on new spawns demolition and enjoyed it on old spawns as well but because of the fact it doesn't show up enough it's still ranked as one of my lower k/d maps.

For the high K/Ds, those maps just happen to be happens that i was very good on with old spawns and still am very good on with new spawns and they happen to be favorites of mine, which makes sense cause most people love maps that they play well on. For some reason in my mind, i think of all those maps as easy to plant on but also easy to defend on.

That leaves Bootleg, Hardhat, Village, Carbon, Mission, and Underground as my middle 6 maps. All of these seem to be maps that i played well on one variation of spawns but it's now changed. For example, mission was the shit on old spawns. Probably the best or 2nd best map in the game. Now i'd have to rank it as one of the worst maps in the game on old spawns and i don't do nearly as well as i used to.

So what are your guys top k/d maps?

Also what maps show up the most/least in the game mode you play?

Demolition Most Popular: Arkaden, Hardhat, Mission, Dome, Seatown
Demolition Least Popular: Downturn, Bootleg, Outpost, Interchange, Carbon

Village might show up less than Carbon. I'm not sure haha, but they're both rare. You can play for a good 6 hours and have neither show up.

ecurbj

Is there anymore good classes to use? I'm hooked on the Type 95 and FM9 Akimbo set. Jesus my KD ratio is up 1.46 now lol

Is there anymore good classes to use? I'm hooked on the Type 95 and FM9 Akimbo set. Jesus my KD ratio is up 1.46 now lol

ACR w/ Red Dot and Kick
MP7 w/ Extended Mags and Range
PP90 w/ Extended Mags and Rapid Fire

Use MP9 secondary with Extended Mags when using SMGs. It will cover your range weakness.

Rooth

Anyone here playing on PC? Seems every game I join there is some crazy hack going on. I got guys seeing me through walls, invulnerable to bullets and one player even had the power to teleport my entire team into one spot so he can mow us down all at once.

It's great fun on the rare occasion I get into a game where nobody is cheating but seems like those are few and far in between.

eek5

Just curious since we just did SPM, what are some of your guys top 5 k/d maps? (Not counting DLC)

Best:
Carbon, Bakaara, Resistance, Mission, Fallen
Worst:
Dome, Hardhat, Interchange, Outpost, Downturn

Piazza and Liberation were both in my top 5.

Downturn is probably my least played map. I only play TDM for the most part but I'd assume I'd avoid it for all modes because it's just so badly layed out. I hate outpost because it's hard to see. I'm not sure why My arkaden is so low since I actually like that map a lot. Downturn seems to be up and down and Interchange is kind of unpredictable for me. I can probably count on one hand the amount of good games I've had on it. I actually started doing a lot better k/d-wise when I switched to close/mid range weapons but I never perform like I do in my top 5 maps.

Best:
Carbon, Bakaara, Resistance, Mission, Fallen
Worst:
Dome, Hardhat, Interchange, Outpost, Downturn

Piazza and Liberation were both in my top 5.

Downturn is probably my least played map. I only play TDM for the most part but I'd assume I'd avoid it for all modes because it's just so badly layed out. I hate outpost because it's hard to see. I'm not sure why My arkaden is so low since I actually like that map a lot. Downturn seems to be up and down and Interchange is kind of unpredictable for me. I can probably count on one hand the amount of good games I've had on it. I actually started doing a lot better k/d-wise when I switched to close/mid range weapons but I never perform like I do in my top 5 maps.

Thats interesting. I use an assault rifle on interchange because of the long lines of sight where i defend/plant the B bombsite. The same could be said for A as well. I wouldn't be able to handle not having the range to shoot somebody. I could see how Outpost could be annoying in Team Deathmatch because of not knowing where to go/where people can be hiding at. In demolition, it's mainly focused on one side of the map and it's fairly fast paced for a large map. Overtime on that map is really lame though because it's exactly where B domination is, so theres only 2 ways to get there and it's just a straight line pretty much. And it takes too long to flank around and once a flank is actually done, they just spawn on the other side and also stealth bombers destroy the place :X Other than that, outpost is a decent map, but most people hate it. People hate large maps in general. It's been like that in every Call of Duty. It's also interesting that 4 out of our bottom 5 matched. Hardhat used to be down there for me too, but it's been climbing up rapidly in k/d and SPM ever since the new spawns were added. I used to hate the map and now i love it. I have a moab on every vanilla map in the game and hardhat was the 3rd to last map for me to get a moab on, but now it's tied for 1st place map with most moabs on it with 10, so ever since the new configuration on it, i've absolutely loved it :D

Oh wait... thats every map except downturn lol. I still don't think i've played that maps 20 times yet in my MW3 career. I've probably already played Terminal more than Downturn.

Nabs

Anyone here playing on PC? Seems every game I join there is some crazy hack going on. I got guys seeing me through walls, invulnerable to bullets and one player even had the power to teleport my entire team into one spot so he can mow us down all at once.

It's great fun on the rare occasion I get into a game where nobody is cheating but seems like those are few and far in between.

There are definitely a lot of hackers out there, but it hasn't been as bad for me. You'll have an easier time in KC. Fuck trying to play TDM or Dom on PC.

yea tons of hackers lately.whole bunch of people calling each other fags too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I'm not a fan of new spawn demo on Interchange, Dome, or Arkaden. Downturn shows up approximately once a month, if not once every other month and i feel like i still don't have a strategy for it because i haven't played it enough. Outpost on the other hand i LOVE on new spawns demolition and enjoyed it on old spawns as well but because of the fact it doesn't show up enough it's still ranked as one of my lower k/d maps.

For the high K/Ds, those maps just happen to be happens that i was very good on with old spawns and still am very good on with new spawns and they happen to be favorites of mine, which makes sense cause most people love maps that they play well on. For some reason in my mind, i think of all those maps as easy to plant on but also easy to defend on.

That leaves Bootleg, Hardhat, Village, Carbon, Mission, and Underground as my middle 6 maps. All of these seem to be maps that i played well on one variation of spawns but it's now changed. For example, mission was the shit on old spawns. Probably the best or 2nd best map in the game. Now i'd have to rank it as one of the worst maps in the game on old spawns and i don't do nearly as well as i used to.

So what are your guys top k/d maps?

Also what maps show up the most/least in the game mode you play?

Demolition Most Popular: Arkaden, Hardhat, Mission, Dome, Seatown
Demolition Least Popular: Downturn, Bootleg, Outpost, Interchange, Carbon

Village might show up less than Carbon. I'm not sure haha, but they're both rare. You can play for a good 6 hours and have neither show up.

1. Fallen (2.48)
2. Village (2.31)
3. Downturn (2.27)
4. Resistance (2.26)
5. Outpost (2.22)

Which falls right in line with Fallen and Village being my two favorite maps.

Hardhat (1.74) and Mission(1.84) are my two worst non-DLC maps. And those happen to be my two least favorite maps.

I'd love to see these stats for Black Ops. My ratio for Launch has to be sky high.

My time played breaks down like this. 254 hours of TDM, 11 Hours of Kill Confirmed, 1 hour of Domination, and 1 hour of other.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My favorite class lately has been....

MP7 with Rapid Fire
Akimbo G18's
Bouncing Betty's
Portable Radar
Scavenger Pro
Assassin Pro
Dead Silence Pro

Getting ready for BLOPS 2's nerfed Ghost perk by moving around more. Even still I find myself stopping quite a bit. I really hope there is at least a 4 or 5 second buffer before Ghost shuts down from lack of moment. Just enough time to stop and reload, observe an area, and check the map..

My favorite class lately has been....

MP7 with Rapid Fire
Akimbo G18's
Bouncing Betty's
Portable Radar
Scavenger Pro
Assassin Pro
Dead Silence Pro

Getting ready for BLOPS 2's nerfed Ghost perk by moving around more. Even still I find myself stopping quite a bit. I really hope there is at least a 4 or 5 second buffer before Ghost shuts down from lack of moment. Just enough time to stop and reload, observe an area, and check the map..

What your GT? We should play sometime if you want. You might hate me though since you only play Team Death and i barely do, so when i play it, i play defensively because theres no objective. I don't think it matters because i still end up getting like 20+ kills and a great +/- spread which is what TDM is about, but other people hate it lol. They'd rather i run around, not realizing it could affect the victory.

And there really should be a buffer for ghost. I usually stop moving to reload my guns. Moving around while reloading gets you killed lol. I also use scavenger like you and sometimes i have to reload both guns at the same time so it's a process xP I feel the same as you about Blops 2 launch stats being very good. I started this game with like a 1.6 k/d but now my lifetime is 2.48 but my weekly and monthly k/d is always between 3.5 k/d and 4.5 k/d and thats playing mostly demolition and yes i am playing objective, you can check those monthly/weekly leaderboards as well haha. Same with accuracy. It started at like 16% and is now up to 20.31%.

I'm constantly changing classes for the playercard titles for guns, since those are the only ones i really have left besides 1000 kills with certain killstreaks, but the class i consider my main one is:

MK14 Attachments w/ Red Dot + Silencer
FMG9 Akimbos (They're on every class. :p)
Bouncing Betty (Every Class)
Portable Radar (Every Class)
Scavenger (Every Class)
Assassin (Every Class)
Stalker (Every Class)

The only things i change up are killstreaks based off what i need for titles and the primary haha.

Xux

So my top five stock maps are:

Fallen, Bootleg, Arkaden, Underground, and Hardhat. Which are all okay, I guess. Arkaden's a joke on Domination so it's not a surprise. The others are okay, though I'm surprised Fallen and Bootleg are so high.

Bottom five are:

Village, Mission, Lockdown, Seatown, Dome. Village I feel I have trouble guessing where the enemy's coming from. Mission I try to have shotgun duels in the middle too much, lol. Lockdown's annoying on CTF. And Seatown and Dome are too cramped.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
mw3-mp-map-layout-village.jpg

The red is the part of the map I avoid like the plague. The yellow is my favorite path to patrol. Though I don't stick strictly to that path.

For Demolition:

Yellow is where i stay for the most part. Sometimes after a death i'll spawn by the cliff and get a few kills there or use the bridge to get back to my area if B is destroyed and there team is spawning there. Pink is my opening route on offense to get to my area on the map. It makes it easy to plant/defend A and B. I marked Gray as high traffic area, but yellow is part of the high traffic area as well. A and B is where the A and B bombsites are.

So as you can tell it's very different than the TDM one and almost nobody goes in the yellow area that was on the map before this one because it isn't near any of the bombs. Most of the traffic is in the gray/yellow area and B is always destroyed very early on (First 30-60 seconds it's planted and never defused) so that area is a nonfactor unless somebody is flanking.

village.png

how come they never patched the overpowered shotguns and akimbo?

Shotguns need all the help they can get. They aren't even close to overpowered. They are very weak and are two shot or more kills most of the time even when you are using damage or range. Even when using both proficiencies at the same time, it's a 2 shot+ kill more than 50% of the time.

Akimbo has been patched and is pretty balanced. Pistols are very weak and require a fast trigger finger and have no range. Machine Pistols akimbo also have little to no range. Steady aim is required to gain range and what really gains range on them is going prone.

So with both things you have a problem with, you are unarmed for 90-95% of your gunfights and with akimbo since it's a secondary, it has even less range than shotguns, so when used wisely (in buildings) etc.. they can be deadly, but it's certainly not overpowered anymore. It's just right.

Top Bottom