• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Double Weapon XP is live for all platforms...and it's happening for a week:

https://twitter.com/candyslexia/status/236538158328737793

I don't think I'll be purchasing Collection 4 next month. I think I'll be done with MW3 altogether next month. Why? Because of Borderlands 2. That should keep be occupied till BO2...or at least until October where a few more games release.

Thanks for letting me know! I've been waiting for this one since i got to 20th prestige! Now i can unlock everything for all the guns, specifically the shotguns. I'll get damage and range with fewer kills than normal, making the grind much less painful. So, now i can get the title for 500 kills + mastery on the shotguns i haven't used yet more easily.

Nori Chan

I got knifed through a riot shield. I had to watch the killcam before I dashboarded over this kind of bull shit. This is why I fucking hate this game.

Straight on had my riot shield equipped and he lunges, LUNGES at my chest and kills me. My riot shield magically disappears when the knife is close to me. I can't stand this game some times such epic bullshit on another level

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I got knifed through a riot shield. I had to watch the killcam before I dashboarded over this kind of bull shit. This is why I fucking hate this game.

Straight on had my riot shield equipped and he lunges, LUNGES at my chest and kills me. My riot shield magically disappears when the knife is close to me. I can't stand this game some times such epic bullshit on another level

Yeah this game can get quite infuriating at times. I think I'm done with COD until the next generation, which is sad considering it's always been my favorite online shooter. I may give BF3 a shot when the Premium Edition drops next month.

I love using the riot shield so I know your pain. Such bullshit. Doesn't stop me from using it though, lol.

That is why I pray the Assault Shield in BO2 is better.

So anybody ever make a console change this late in the gen.?

I just did, been a PS3 owner only since launch and got my first 360 last week (won it in a contest!) So I did what any new console owner would do....bought CoD as my first game :)

Let me tell you, as someone who played every CoD on PS3 to change over to the 360...never wanted to break a game sOooooOOoo bad lol.

Man, all these years being told I was using the inferior controller I thought the 360 controller would make me godly, hell no! Man I cant aim for shit and my fingers seem to LOVE hitting the bumpers :/ I'm constantly throwing nades when I go to shoot, gotta retrain my hands to go "around the controller" not on the edge.

As far as the community..well, it went from almost complete silence on Ps3 unless my friends were playing too a bunch of 10 year olds tell me my mom sucked thier dicks. Luckily my son who had a 360 already showed me the beauty of party chat and/or turning off game chat completely cause it was a cluster fuck of singing, racist jokes, or plain out insults.

The gameplay..Ok, is it impossible or just really hard to quick-scope on Ps3 compared to 360? Cause while I might have ran into a QS sniping on my Ps3 version a few times a day I seem to find every TDM lobby filled with 10 expert QS snipers on my 360 version. Does the controller make it much simpler on 360 or what?

I guess most of it comes down to population. More 360 users world wide = More asshats and cheese play.
I will say tho, I find myself doing better on the 360 version when my hands "get it" and my aim/bumper issue is less a problem. I'm guessing this too is mostly more population = more terrible players.
I do feel like, for some reason, I'm taking for more time to "kill" tho, like on my 360 version Im pumping waaaaay more bullets into people and getting 3X as many assist instead of kills, once again makes me think Ps3 smaller population = less laggy?

All in all, its nice to finally be a muti-console gamer, now I can bug my son and his buddies haha...I just mostly have to get over my hands not knowing what another controller feels like after 20+ years.

I lunged at a guy with my riot shield, heard the thud from the impact and then he shot me. Happened again, same guy, I hit him, and nothing happened, then he just lit me up.

Red Dot. The recoil is much more manageable when you can actually see what you are firing at. Especially since you can just crouch to get your recoil reduction. Grip is better but you only really need it for stuff like acog and rapid fire.

I usually use attachments proficiency with Red Dot and Grip haha.

Stantron

Playing with the riot shield really highlights the lag in new ways.

Several times, I've melee lunged with the shield squared directly at an enemy. Turning if need be at their strafing attempts to make sure they are always in front of me. Any shots hit the front of my shield. I die and look at killcam: Because the lag comp is so terrible and I'm at least a second behind, my melee lunge actually puts me in position where my entire side is exposed in front of them to then shoot or stab. The shield hits dead air even though that's where the enemy was on my screen. Fucking ridiculous.

A few times I've died while taking fire directly at the center of the shield. Yeah, fuck this laggy game.

So anybody ever make a console change this late in the gen.?

I just did, been a PS3 owner only since launch and got my first 360 last week (won it in a contest!) So I did what any new console owner would do....bought CoD as my first game :)

Let me tell you, as someone who played every CoD on PS3 to change over to the 360...never wanted to break a game sOooooOOoo bad lol.

Man, all these years being told I was using the inferior controller I thought the 360 controller would make me godly, hell no! Man I cant aim for shit and my fingers seem to LOVE hitting the bumpers :/ I'm constantly throwing nades when I go to shoot, gotta retrain my hands to go "around the controller" not on the edge.

As far as the community..well, it went from almost complete silence on Ps3 unless my friends were playing too a bunch of 10 year olds tell me my mom sucked thier dicks. Luckily my son who had a 360 already showed me the beauty of party chat and/or turning off game chat completely cause it was a cluster fuck of singing, racist jokes, or plain out insults.

The gameplay..Ok, is it impossible or just really hard to quick-scope on Ps3 compared to 360? Cause while I might have ran into a QS sniping on my Ps3 version a few times a day I seem to find every TDM lobby filled with 10 expert QS snipers on my 360 version. Does the controller make it much simpler on 360 or what?

I guess most of it comes down to population. More 360 users world wide = More asshats and cheese play.
I will say tho, I find myself doing better on the 360 version when my hands "get it" and my aim/bumper issue is less a problem. I'm guessing this too is mostly more population = more terrible players.
I do feel like, for some reason, I'm taking for more time to "kill" tho, like on my 360 version Im pumping waaaaay more bullets into people and getting 3X as many assist instead of kills, once again makes me think Ps3 smaller population = less laggy?

All in all, its nice to finally be a muti-console gamer, now I can bug my son and his buddies haha...I just mostly have to get over my hands not knowing what another controller feels like after 20+ years.

Having played a lot of MW1 on both PS3 and 360, I personally feel like both controllers have their advantages. The analog sticks on the PS3 actually allow for finer aiming adjustments, but the 360 sticks feel sturdier, and clicking the left stick to sprint feels more solid. The PS3 L1 button also allows you to fire a little more rapidly, due to lesser travel when pressing it.

Lag should be a little better on the 360. In my experience there is simply less lag and disconnect issues on Xbox Live.

Regarding the community. I think the talent level on 360 is a little higher, due to more serious shooter fans gravitating to that platform. Also, more players does not statistically mean there will be a higher percentage of asshats to deal with.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just pre-ordered Black Ops 2 through NewEgg using their $15 off code, even though I will probably cancel my pre-order before the game comes out (I'm all Duty'ed out after MW3). Still, I figure locking in BO2 at $45 is probably not a bad idea in case I change my mind.

Sometimes I like to stick with what I know, and that means that sometimes I have my eyes opened up to new things that seem rather obvious to others. lol

I was watching some MW3 videos while at work yesterday, and they inspired me to try using "rapid fire" with an SMG. So I got home and set up a UMP class with rapid fire. Holy mother of god. I felt nearly unstoppable, at least at close/medium range.

Coupling that setup with hardline meant I was getting predators left and right for the hour I played. It was so fun. I just couldn't believe how quickly that gun put people down when I had rapid fire enabled. It's already a powerful gun in close combat, but with a higher rate of fire it was amazing.

Sometimes I like to stick with what I know, and that means that sometimes I have my eyes opened up to new things that seem rather obvious to others. lol

I was watching some MW3 videos while at work yesterday, and they inspired me to try using "rapid fire" with an SMG. So I got home and set up a UMP class with rapid fire. Holy mother of god. I felt nearly unstoppable, at least at close/medium range.

Coupling that setup with hardline meant I was getting predators left and right for the hour I played. It was so fun. I just couldn't believe how quickly that gun put people down when I had rapid fire enabled. It's already a powerful gun in close combat, but with a higher rate of fire it was amazing.

Rapid Fire is very similar to stopping power. I don't remember the exact number but it is the equivalent to having stopping power every nth bullet.

This game seems to not use the universal fire rate increase # for each gun though, so for some guns rapid fire makes it a lot better (PP90M1, PM9) and for others it does barely anything (MP7, Type 95, M16).

Pssssssssst want to know why?

cause that's ALL of the most op shit in the game

ibkdB4cZKbmT1n.gif

i love cod but MW3 i hands down the worst ever.
Who designed these maps?? Its like a 5 year old made them. WTF.
Deathstreaks? LMFAO
And the camping, dont get me started! Is it because of the moab that everyone camps so hard?? And if they are not camping in a corner they are creeping around. I am really done with this game

Sorry need to vent had some of the worst games everrrrr!

I'm just gonna play black ops till BO2. At least the spawns and maps make sense in that game

Nori Chan

i love cod but MW3 i hands down the worst ever.
Who designed these maps?? Its like a 5 year old made them. WTF.
Deathstreaks? LMFAO
And the camping, dont get me started! Is it because of the moab that everyone camps so hard?? And if they are not camping in a corner they are creeping around. I am really done with this game

Sorry need to vent had some of the worst games everrrrr!

I'm just gonna play black ops till BO2. At least the spawns and maps make sense in that game

Oh come on, there's camping in every fps.

And don't you ever use my weakness against Adam Jensen ever you motherfucker

Wow, I played with a BEAST last night, guy was UNSTOPPABLE!

I checked his K/D and it was close to 4.5! He had every map on lock down and only really moved in a small area, basically holding down a section, he ust have moved a total of 20feet on each map sometimes lol. Even tho you knew EXACTLY where he was, you just couldnt out gun him. His rounds were always 25+/30+ kills 2/4 deaths..All he used was the FAD or the SPAS-12

I checked his bio and noticed this..

IMaX1MuS's Profile

Sean Heffelfinger

Bio:K/D MW3: 4.20, MW2: 2.77, BO: 3.40 2006 PGR3 Global Tourny US Winner WSVG Dallas PGR3 2nd place WCG US PGR3 2nd place WSVG Finals PGR3 1st place 2007 CGI PGR3 3rd place WCG US Open PGR3 2nd place WCG PanAm PGR3 2nd place WCG US PGR3 4th place PGR4 Michelin Challenge Winner 2008 WCG US Open PGR4 1st place WCG PanAm PGR4 1st place WCG US PGR4 2nd place 2010 WCG US Forza 3 3rd place
My man was like a pro-gamer :/
Even has pic on his facebook of him winning $20k at a tourney :O

My buddy swore he was hacking or some shit, but I just said "dude is a pro man, this is what he DOES" lol

My buddy also swore he had to be a hacker and said he "de-ranked" his team?
Basically when we went back to the lobby almost everyone in the room (looked to be players that were on the guys team) all showed up as Lvl 1, then the guy left the game.
My friend said he "de-ranked" his own team before leaving, I said it was just a glitch but my friend was already raging so he wouldnt listen (I honestly have no idea about this whole "de-ranking" thing since Im still kinda new on 360 but I think Ive seen the lvl 1 visual glitch on PS3 plenty of times) :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I played with a BEAST last night, guy was UNSTOPPABLE!

I checked his K/D and it was close to 4.5! He had every map on lock down and only really moved in a small area, basically holding down a section, he ust have moved a total of 20feet on each map sometimes lol. Even tho you knew EXACTLY where he was, you just couldnt out gun him. His rounds were always 25+/30+ kills 2/4 deaths..All he used was the FAD or the SPAS-12

I checked his bio and noticed this..

My man was like a pro-gamer :/
Even has pic on his facebook of him winning $20k at a tourney :O

My buddy swore he was hacking or some shit, but I just said "dude is a pro man, this is what he DOES" lol

My buddy also swore he had to be a hacker and said he "de-ranked" his team?
Basically when we went back to the lobby almost everyone in the room (looked to be players that were on the guys team) all showed up as Lvl 1, then the guy left the game.
My friend said he "de-ranked" his own team before leaving, I said it was just a glitch but my friend was already raging so he wouldnt listen (I honestly have no idea about this whole "de-ranking" thing since Im still kinda new on 360 but I think Ive seen the lvl 1 visual glitch on PS3 plenty of times) :)

Yeah I've noticed in games where I do well it's usually because I somehow managed to get myself into a good position and preternaturally knew where people would approach from and how to shut them down.

Unfortunately that doesn't happen very often lol.

I've been watching YouTube videos from a COD commentator Raging Omish. This guy is quite amusing, but also very thoughtful on his way of approaching the game. I like him a lot.

He shared his opinion that Assasin is an overpowered perk in this game, and because of that he refuses to use it out of principle.

I happen to agree with him, and I've decided to do the same. I didn't use it that much to begin with, but I'm now completely avoiding it.

The perk simply allows you to avoid too many things, and being invisible to the UAV alone is a big advantage. Being invisible to CUAV, portable radar, thermal, heartbeat sensors, EMP, and having no red crosshair or name when targeted is just fucking ridiculous.

There is a reason this is easily the most popular perk in the game, and I refuse to be a part of the mindset that says because something is overpowered I will use it more! I've never been the type to employ a glitch til it's patched, and I'm not going to use Assasin, even though I know Infinity Ward is too arrogant to change it.

Assasin seems to only encourage the all too common behavior of setting up an ultra silenced class, and sitting in a perch waiting for people to pass. In other words, the worst kind of COD player.

Assasin seems to only encourage the all too common behavior of setting up an ultra silenced class, and sitting in a perch waiting for people to pass. In other words, the worst kind of COD player.
I am highly offended. Not really, I use it with Stalker Pro, because who cares if people can hear you. They think their lethal is going to take care of you and by the time it goes of with no kill, they get a shotgun round to the back of the head.

Wow, i tested MW3 and BO today. BO= 420k players online; MW3=340K players online. Is this common?

Major Nelson's Blog said:
LIVE Activity for week of August 13

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
1) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
3) Call of Duty: Black Ops

And also when i usually play, MW3 has more than Black Ops. Black Ops's online count also counts zombies, while MW3's only counts multiplayer for the in game one.

Black Ops hasn't passed MW3 in players since it's come out and MW3 hasn't been taken down from #1 since it's come out. Call of Duty used to be all in the Top 10 before WaW and CoD 4 were hacked. Right now MW2 is sitting in 6th place.

I remember when Battlefield 3 came out and that week MW2 beat Battlefield 3 in players as well as Black Ops and it was hilarious that the so called "COD Killer" couldn't beat the Call of Duty from 2 years ago at the time.

PSYGN

I've been watching YouTube videos from a COD commentator Raging Omish. This guy is quite amusing, but also very thoughtful on his way of approaching the game. I like him a lot.

He shared his opinion that Assasin is an overpowered perk in this game, and because of that he refuses to use it out of principle.

I happen to agree with him, and I've decided to do the same. I didn't use it that much to begin with, but I'm now completely avoiding it.

The perk simply allows you to avoid too many things, and being invisible to the UAV alone is a big advantage. Being invisible to CUAV, portable radar, thermal, heartbeat sensors, EMP, and having no red crosshair or name when targeted is just fucking ridiculous.

There is a reason this is easily the most popular perk in the game, and I refuse to be a part of the mindset that says because something is overpowered I will use it more! I've never been the type to employ a glitch til it's patched, and I'm not going to use Assasin, even though I know Infinity Ward is too arrogant to change it.

I use it for the opposite reason. As a lone wolf run 'n gunner in TDM, I often get placed on a shitty team of randoms like myself going up against clan members who have all prestiged and have their portable radars, heartbeat sensors, etc.

I agree that in the right competitive setting, it is 'overpowered' (just like sitrep pro), but for players like me who don't have any friends to play with and 75% of the time up against a party/clan with their bullshit, it gives me a fighting chance.

It seems everyone has portable radars out now. Just run sitrep and you'll often see one or two out. And the people who often have them out are the campers.

Kujo

Woo, 'Most points captured' MOAB get

To be honest I'd rather these big 25 streaks didn't exist, more reason for people to camp. Saw a guy get a MOAB on Terminal just by camping at the end of the plane the whole time. They shouldn't award you the MOAB if you haven't moved around the map

Woo, 'Most points captured' MOAB get

To be honest I'd rather these big 25 streaks didn't exist, more reason for people to camp. Saw a guy get a MOAB on Terminal just by camping at the end of the plane the whole time. They shouldn't award you the MOAB if you haven't moved around the map
How the hell are you unable to kill a guy who was camping in the plane?

You can wallbang the fuck out of him

Haha you can also flashbang and/or Grenade the guy and if you really want to make it your mission to kill the guy you can use a rocket launcher instead of a grenade.

Also, theres a very good line of sight from the long hallway that lets you see the whole plane, including the back and if the guy is in the back of the plane laying prone, he won't be able to see you and you can kill him. Chances are that even if he is standing up/crouch, he won't even be looking for you in the long hall, but would rather be looking for players in the plane.

Pretty much every spot in this game has a counter to it, whether it's some sort of "Secret jump" to it or a line of sight that is not very well known. The terminal line of sight though is one of the more well known ones though.

maomaoIYP

I need to ask because I've gone back to playing this a bit recently: Doesn't dead silence beat sitrep? I can never hear the DS guys sneak up to me when I'm using sitrep, but I've been killed almost psychically recently while using DS, and in the killcam the dude is using sitrep and he can hear me as loud as day.

I need to ask because I've gone back to playing this a bit recently: Doesn't dead silence beat sitrep? I can never hear the DS guys sneak up to me when I'm using sitrep, but I've been killed almost psychically recently while using DS, and in the killcam the dude is using sitrep and he can hear me as loud as day.

DS and SitRep cancel each other so the SitRep player will hear the DS player's footsteps as though he didn't have DS,

Top Bottom