• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Enosh

Anslon said:
kinda late, but from what I have read but reset all stats resets everything, you basically start as if you just bought the game brand new
you maybe keep emblems, but I wouldn't bet on it

tsigo

Hoping someone here can answer this since fourzerotwo never bothered to.

Did they do anything to stop FFA boosting (i.e., disallow tactical insertion in only that mode)?

kuYuri

tsigo said:
Hoping someone here can answer this since fourzerotwo never bothered to.

Did they do anything to stop FFA boosting (i.e., disallow tactical insertion in only that mode)?
It's still in FFA, but they said they look at algorithms to determine how often people are using it, how often people die after deploying it, and how long they stay alive after deploying. They can go back and check who is not using it fairly.

They also encourage to report boosters using the in-game report feature. They felt that they didn't want to remove a feature because they don't want to punish legitimate Tac Insert users.

tsigo

Strider2K99 said:
It's still in FFA, but they said they look at algorithms to determine how often people are using it, how often people die after deploying it, and how long they stay alive after deploying. They can go back and check who is not using it fairly.

I'll believe that when I see it (leaderboards say what's up), but thanks for the info.

Strider2K99 said:
Because less than 10% of the CoD population can actually do that and be good at it
It used to be like that, but the sequels to Modern Warfare made it so easy to quickscope the average bear can do it.

Mengetsu

bobs99 ... said:
Woah I can imagine some people getting innocently reset if they dashboard out simply to quickly shove in another game.

That's the game trying to punish you for cheating on her so soon XD

Benjamin1981 said:
So when is the review embargo up? We have a midnight launch here and i would like to read some impressions first.

I can't imagine the reviews are going to surprise anyone. For the single player, everyone knows what to expect.

And for the multi, it's more or less the same thing as MW2. Differences are going to emerge, but it's going to take time.

rapid32.5

Strider2K99 said:
Because less than 10% of the CoD population can actually do that and be good at it
more like 90%, you underestimate COD players they got so good with sticky aim over the years. I play on PS3, most player in regular matches use Intervention nothing else, cause it's one shot kill. And looking at these Barret kills video, it's gonna be easier to use it in MW3 than any rifle in MW2. I don't wanna see matches where everyone running and snipping on every map. And it looks like this will be the case now, use a sniper rifle as a shotgun, gun or rifle (3 in 1).

There's simply no way in HELL that dashboarding penalty is real. It's obviously a bug that has to be fixed. Some people might have to legit leave and might just turn off their console rather than quit out normally. Also power outages can turn it off, and so on and so forth.

ultron87 said:
What does it look like when you take damage in this one? Does your screen get covered in raspberry jam?
not as much as before

pelican

Managed to start playing the PS3 version today at work. PS3 is my console choice, but I have MW3 pre-ordered on PC.

Without spoiling anything played through the introduction and first level proper. I stopped at the start of the mission which was E3 presentation at the MS conference.

First impressions are mixed.

positives

Nice slick introduction and links well to the events of MW3.
Controls as always are tight and responsive.
No training mission. You start right in the action.

negatives

Squint and you would think you are playing MW2.
Bored of the military talk between levels loading. Again exactly the same as MW2
Gameplay feels slighlty old.

While my impressions are mixed I did enjoy what I played. It just feels old. I didn't get a chance to play MP as I was playing it during my lunch hour. I will play some more tomorrow then I will leave it until I get the my PC version. I still am looking forward to finishing it and finding out what happens to Soap and my man Price.

If anyone has specific questions gimme a shout.

Angry Fork

Full Metal Jacket said:
They should just stop making SP altogether, and strictly concentrate on the MP.
If they do this then it should be sold for 30-40, but they're not gonna want to do that so it's best to just take what you can get at 60.

Angry Fork said:
If they do this then it should be sold for 30-40, but they're not gonna want to do that so it's best to just take what you can get at 60.

Like they won't have some subscription base gimmick like they have with Elite.

kuYuri

upJTboogie said:
It used to be like that, but the sequels to Modern Warfare made it so easy to quickscope the average bear can do it.

Not sure what games you get into, but I run into an above average (at best) quickscopers maybe 1 in every 15 matches, if that. Majority are wannabes who are garbage.

rapid32.5 said:
more like 90%, you underestimate COD players they got so good with sticky aim over the years. I play on PS3, most player in regular matches use Intervention nothing else, cause it's one shot kill. And looking at these Barret kills video, it's gonna be easier to use it in MW3 than any rifle in MW2. I don't wanna see matches where everyone running and snipping on every map. And it looks like this will be the case now, use a sniper rifle as a shotgun, gun or rifle (3 in 1).

There's no way 90% of the CoD population use sniper rifles as their main weapon all the time, let alone are above average at best quickscopers.

Nemic77

dogmanstaruk said:
If anyone has specific questions gimme a shout.

I have one. Do you notice much disc usage during gameplay?

MW2 was fine for the PS3, but it was very noticeable on BO... I swear that much disc reading while playing BO can't be good for the optical drive... Hope it's better this time around.

Dyno

ultron87 said:
I am strangely invested into what is going to happen to Soap and Price and I don't really know why.

I kind of am too because they are likeable characters and they have been in some interesting stories.

I'm not getting COD right away (if at all) but they have had some good SP so they should keep making it. Battlefield (which has always been Day 1 for me) could give up SP and I wouldn't mind. BF3 has the best SP thus far but in the end it winds up being a COD clone with better tech. They release MP only games and DLC (1943, Vietnam) that are great. It's where their strength lies and I wish they would focus on it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Strider2K99 said:
There's no way 90% of the CoD population use sniper rifles as their main weapon all the time, let alone are above average at best quickscopers.

Did you see the last shot in that clip? The scope wasn't anywhere near the guy it killed.

PS_John said:
What's so bad about this clip? The other team were horrible, do they not even check the radar? He shot most of them in the back... Against a half decent team there's no way he would last that long

See above quote and reply.

ultron87 said:
I am strangely invested into what is going to happen to Soap and Price and I don't really know why.
I just want to see how they justify a Russian invasion of Europe and America....simultaneously. "lolACSmodulelol"

Top Bottom