• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

njean777

Red Blaster said:
*sigh*

Looks like CoD will forever be about BS after CoD4.

This shit has got to stop the quicscoping is the lamest excuse for skill I have ever seen, I will still play this game but come the fuck on this is just getting ridiculous. LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF YOU WANT TO SNIPE GO PLAY BF3 WHERE THEY ACTUALLY GOT IT RIGHT FOR THE THIRD TIME!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Madtown_ said:
Is killing too easy, especially paired with better netcode?

It's hard to say right now. There aren't many people online and my connections have been crappy but I'm leaning towards yes. It almost feels like hardcore mode at times.

Kyoufu

Big Baybee said:
Quickscoping has never bothered me. It was always pretty rare when I was killed by a quickscoper.

I can't even remember the last time I was quickscoped. Never had a problem with it.

njean777

Kyoufu said:
I can't even remember the last time I was quickscoped. Never had a problem with it.

It doesnt happen to me often either, but the fact that it is even in the game to reward people for nothing bothers me.

syztem

Neo Member
What is the consensus on playing early? Pretty skeptical about that screenshot, I've played many other major releases early without ever being punished, including Black Ops. Why would they start now?

Madtown_

Looks like I may be getting ELITE anyways.. Sony reduced the number of times you could download games/DLC from 5 to 2.
Now I can't share the DLC with some buddies of mine and might as well get ELITE!

Gaogaogao

holy shit, he said you can make your own server w/ the server files! first time since cod4! oh god, this might be turning around.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Can anyone with a twitter account send this message to the gamespot stream?

@gamespot #gamespot #MW3 What does 'Reset All Stats' do? What do i lose, what do i keep?

Kyoufu

njean777 said:
It doesnt happen to me often either, but the fact that it is even in the game to reward people for nothing bothers me.

Not really... Not everybody can quickscope. Have to master it. It isn't as easy as it looks in those videos!

muu

bothers me that they keep it in there though, even if only statistically insignificant number of people quickscope. The whole 'tricky to get right but strong when you do' concept is the reason I dislike modern fighting games -- you aren't even at the starting line until you memorize random combo patterns.

-Pyromaniac- said:
whether it did or did not is irrelevant, it's still more fun than spec ops to me.

that is until spec ops survival, but it probably still won't be as fun until IW makes it a 4 player game.

Enosh

host: "I am going let you guys get out now"
bowling: "sweet, awesome"

:lol
kinda came out the wrong way ^^

trying to keep up, 2 questions. What streak will stack kills ? thought that was out. Also, support point streaks don't reset on death but assault does? thanks!

aristotle

I have no idea what perks/streaks/guns I'll be using. It may take me awhile to figure out what's best for me. That is the reason my stats suck for the first week or so. Bah!

aristotle said:
I have no idea what perks/streaks/guns I'll be using. It may take me awhile to figure out what's best for me. That is the reason my stats suck for the first week or so. Bah!
to me half the fun is in customizing and trying different things and discovering what does/doesn't work. It's a rocky ride but it's good times.

Mengetsu

I miss the XP bar at the bottom. I know a lot of people call it more clutter on the screen but i liked knowing how close I am to leveling.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Matts Legacy said:
I miss the XP bar at the bottom. I know a lot of people call it more clutter on the screen but i liked knowing how close I am to leveling.
it's still there

we don't see it in these feeds because they're private matches

bluehat9

Matts Legacy said:
During the gamespot stream I'm pretty sure they said it wasn't there because they were playing a private match.

edited because I can't type :)

Saw some footage of the osprey gunner (17 killstreak). First you place a marker on the map where you want the 4 care packages delviered and then it's basically a chopper gunner but with a reduced rate of fire.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kyoufu said:
Same here. It's one of those classic CoD aspects that always prompts overreactions — "OMFG EVERYONE IS QUICKSCOPING!" It's lame because you know you're apt to end up on someone's montage or something, but I really don't care if people do it.

celestial body said:
Saw some footage of the osprey gunner (17 killstreak). First you place a marker on the map where you want the 4 care packages delviered and then it's basically a chopper gunner but with a reduced rate of fire.

that's the support osprey, it only defends the packages, the assault one you take control and fly over the map if i'm not mistaken.

Gamestop just told me that the Hardened edition was only being made for the people who pre-ordered and that I'll be lucky to find a copy on store shelves. Is this true? If so, that's bullshit. Where do I need to go at midnight on Monday to find one?

exarkun

Liquidsnake said:
This game is MW2 turbo edition. It's crazy every 5 seconds you hear enemy uav or some package coming in. You don't have time to think or use any strategy.

Uggggh. For real?

aristotle

Aomori said:
Gamestop just told me that the Hardened edition was only being made for the people who pre-ordered and that I'll be lucky to find a copy on store shelves. Is this true? If so, that's bullshit. Where do I need to go at midnight on Monday to find one?

Of course it's true. It's been sold out for weeks. I don't know why people are surprised by this suddenly. You'll be damned lucky to find one any where in the wild.

Miggytronz

Aomori said:

Correct, Hardened was a preorder option only and stopped two weeks ago.

Top Bottom