• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Angry Fork

ZZMitch said:
Playing SnD makes a lot of this killstreak stuff a non-issue really. Probably why I never had any problems with Modern Warfare 2.
Glad to hear this. Easing my worries =P

Ugh I can't wait I hope I find people that like playing as a team like I did for COD4.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kyoufu said:
I don't know what the problem is with stacking. You know you can shoot down the aerial streaks.

MW2's problems were on foot (Commando, One Man Army).

I know you can take most of the streaks out (killing choppers, etc), that wasn't my main issue with stacking. My main issue was that (and maybe classes in this game will remedy this) since everyone stacked killstreaks, every match was a killstreak fiesta, and the skies looked like the fourth of July with all the streaks going on.

Yeah I could shoot down one chopper, but as soon as I did another one showed up meanwhile 4 care packages were being dropped off, targeted missiles were hitting areas, etc, etc.

I think the 3 class types for streaks may help quell some of that in MW3 hopefully. I just have this creeping feeling that 90% of players will use the Assault package and go for kills.

Miggytronz

LiK said:
i thought they would make bucketloads of them. oh well. i'll wait for them to have more in stock or just wait for a mega sale now.
They are limited supply. So look on Amazon or Ebay for hardened.

Miggytronz

LiK said:
Amazon was the first place i looked. resellers are selling it for $185 lol

yeah the Hardened Edition was pre-order based til a certain date. (two weeks ago, I work for Gamestop as a 2nd job so i get people asking for them all the time, sucks we have to turn them down)

LiK

Mikasangelos said:
yeah the Hardened Edition was pre-order based til a certain date. (two weeks ago, I work for Gamestop as a 2nd job so i get people asking for them all the time, sucks we have to turn them down)
Amazing, I got the previous Hardened editions no problem. Guess they wanna really make it limited this time. My Hardened streak is broken in my collection.

DUN GOOFD

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I'm not sure if it's all that worthwhile getting the game early if levels/stats are being reset on Tuesday anyway :/
they say this every year but i've never been reset OR banned.
StalkerUKCG said:
So can i go back and get 10th in blops,mw and mw2 at any point at it will update or is it a one time sync thing.
yeah im wondering that too.

also do the people who prestige hack also get the emblems?

Fleet_of_Foot said:
Has anyone talked about this clip? Quick scoping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2P3jWaf5xc
i was doing exactly that last night but with the bolt action. its wayyyyy to easy lol fun though.

mxgt

Banned
Fleet_of_Foot said:
Yeah I'm surprised the first couple replies are positive towards this.

Getting killed in this fashion sucks. There's not a lot you can do about it.

Auto aim is so awesome

Kosmo

Banned
upJTboogie said:
Ugh, terrible, that last kill especially, he wasn't even facing the direction of the person he killed.

Don't hate the player. They should simply code this so when you have the sniper rifle there is a 1 second delay when you aim before you can fire.

Deadly Cyclone said:
I know you can take most of the streaks out (killing choppers, etc), that wasn't my main issue with stacking. My main issue was that (and maybe classes in this game will remedy this) since everyone stacked killstreaks, every match was a killstreak fiesta, and the skies looked like the fourth of July with all the streaks going on.

Yeah I could shoot down one chopper, but as soon as I did another one showed up meanwhile 4 care packages were being dropped off, targeted missiles were hitting areas, etc, etc.

I think the 3 class types for streaks may help quell some of that in MW3 hopefully. I just have this creeping feeling that 90% of players will use the Assault package and go for kills.

Right... 90% instead of 100% :p

cameltoe

8dcdabd7.jpg

all over my tits!!

Now, how do I get outta work early? Hmmm..

Kosmo said:
Don't hate the player. They should simply code this so when you have the sniper rifle there is a 1 second delay when you aim before you can fire.

haha, like black OPS tried to do? hell no, honestly the speed of COD games makes the amount of aim assists for snipers a bit of a necessity.

Kyoufu

Robert Bowling confirms on the Gamespot stream that they won't punish legit early MW3 players with a stat/level reset.

mxgt said:
Auto aim is so awesome

upJTboogie said:
Ugh, terrible, that last kill especially, he wasn't even facing the direction of the person he killed.

lol.gif

WTF is this shit? Has quick-scoping always been this bad? Didn't even seem like he had the reticle on the guy for some of the shots.

I'm gonna rage so hard when I play this.
lol.gif

Kosmo said:
I don't hate the player, only the people that allow such abuse of aim assist to keep existing.

Anton Sugar said:
lol.gif

WTF is this shit? Has quick-scoping always been this bad? Didn't even seem like he had the reticle on the guy for some of the shots.

lol.gif
That's another thing, I've never seen anything as bad as that last kill in MW2, I hope this didn't actually get worse instead of better.

I canceled my hardened edition pre order today. I am felling almost over COD honestly and while I did pay off a regular copy of the game I don't know how long I will play it, I met get excited once I'm in the thick of it. I took the other 40 or whatever and put it towards Skyrim...so win-win for me I guess.

If Hardened Ed. is super hard to come by let me if you live in the Ft Lauderdale area and I will tell you what Gamestop I canceled it at.

Nemic77

Anton Sugar said:
lol.gif

lol.gif

I think that was a playback from the Theater Mode... That would explain some weird looking kills.

First off the shots looked wierd cuz of theater mode and also this is how quickscoping has always been. What are you guys complaining about?

If anything gets out of hand I have little doubt in my mind that they will nerf it asap, so I'm not worried so much. They seem serious about keeping things in check this time, always mentioning their ability to get out quicker updates now.

Top Bottom