• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

cameltoe

Weapons all sound like shit! M16 is sounds horrible.
The lag is crazy right now.

Is mw2 guys. There is shit is the air at all times

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Was able to get about 4 or 5 legit Osprey Gunners last night. It's a super powerful KS. Still working on the MOAB.

AC130 feels like it lasts longer than MW2 as well. I'll be making a Killstreak overview guide when we get closer to launch.

I also call the robot killstreak 'JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIVE!' and scream to my friend 'OSCAR YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY, NOW I'M REALLY PISSED OFF'

love you if you get the reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POxMp61Ksbk

snack

@fourzerotwo
Robert Bowling
No plans to ban legit fans, but try to wait til midnight launch on Tuesday to play #MW3. Can't wait to jump online with everyone then!

kuYuri

For people who have the game, what are the pro perk challenges? I know Marksman requires killing while holding breath a certain number of times.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
snack said:
@fourzerotwo
Robert Bowling
No plans to ban legit fans, but try to wait til midnight launch on Tuesday to play #MW3. Can't wait to jump online with everyone then!
Haha, okaaay. "Just wait guys, it'll be more fun if you do!"

Strider2K99 said:
For people who have the game, what are the pro perk challenges? I know Marksman requires killing while holding breath a certain number of times.

Quickdraw is killing someone quickly after ADSing

Anyone have an updated 360 clan list? Haven't been on GAF today.

Last one I have is this

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Testoftide, Newmanizor56
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion

Nori Chan

The Xtortionist said:
Quickdraw is killing someone quickly after ADSing

Anyone have an updated 360 clan list? Haven't been on GAF today.

Last one I have is this

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Testoftide, Newmanizor56
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion

oh it's GT, then screename? Or is that for elite?

S1kkZ

Prologue said:
How are the set pieces? Any surprises? Did you enjoy it?

I loved MW1 and MW2. Felt like I was playing a movie.
-set pieces are awesome
-no real surprises except one. but the story is good and much better than mw2
-i really enjoy it, much more than mw2 or blackops.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
jgminto said:
Man I haven't realised until now but it is so much better with the challenges and level ups appearing in the top right corner.
Yeah, the HUD is much more minimal than MW2 and especially Black Ops'. Looks better to me.

Mengetsu

So for anyone who has been playing online how is it? I hear from some its laggy and others say its fine idk what to believe!

zlatko said:
What weapon is that he's using? o_O I have a boner.

It says it's the SCAR-L, which I didn't realize that until halfway through the video. It doesn't sound anything like the SCAR in MW2 (I actually thought it was a LMG for half of the video).

jgminto

There's definitely an effect with Theatre Mode. In the last minute of the video I linked there's a pretty sizeable sound delay.

def sim

biggkidd32 said:
Was anybody in NYC able to find a place where they have the game available?

This dude I know who normally goes all over the boroughs looking for an early copy doesn't have one yet, so I'd say no.

zlatko

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
It says it's the SCAR-L, which I didn't realize that until halfway through the video. It doesn't sound anything like the SCAR in MW2 (I actually thought it was a LMG for half of the video).

I thought that was it, but I had the same issue that it sounded like that gun in MW2 that was a single shot or the M4 from MW2.

IW/Sledge should seriously fire the sound guys for this game. They completely fucked up every weapon. They all sound like the fucking M4 from MW2 AKA metal being thrown into a garbage disposal. :/

Touch

After watching all these videos people are posting, I'm getting a little too hyped up. The first couple of days of a new COD are just magical. I'm even pumped for sniping montages. Something's not right.

Victrix

*beard*
Touch said:
After watching all these videos people are posting, I'm getting a little too hyped up. The first couple of days of a new COD are just magical. I'm even pumped for sniping montages. Something's not right.

Best part will be nailing some cool shot in an objective mode and having an explosion of rock music and awards popping up because you level up, your weapon levels up, you cap an objective, you kill two dudes, you get a killstreak, and your chopper mows down another dude all at the same time.

Ah, CoD, so good.

Touch

Victrix said:
Best part will be nailing some cool shot in an objective mode and having an explosion of rock music and awards popping up because you level up, your weapon levels up, you cap an objective, you kill two dudes, you get a killstreak, and your chopper mows down another dude all at the same time.

Ah, CoD, so good.
Why does IW do this to us? Or did we do it to our selves?

jgminto

Are you guys going to run Scavenger in Kill Confirmed? It seems like the optimal perk for the gamemode. You're actively moving over dead bodies already so you should never run out of ammo and lethal killstreaks won't be that useful since the player still needs to grab the tag after his helicopter shoots them on the other side of the map.

Kyoufu

jgminto said:
Are you guys going to run Scavenger in Kill Confirmed? It seems like the optimal perk for the gamemode. You're actively moving over dead bodies already so you should never run out of ammo and lethal killstreaks won't be that useful since the player still needs to grab the tag after his helicopter shoots them on the other side of the map.

Scavenger and the support strike package for me.

Kyoufu

snack said:
Same.

I actually use Scavenger for every mode lol. It's boss.

Yeah, although I don't mind picking up my victim's weapon, provided it isn't some 10 tonne tank of a gun with a 60 second reload time :D

Rizzo

snack said:
I actually use Scavenger for every mode lol. It's boss.

Yeah, I usually do too, unless it's a runner class.

As for the Kill Confirmed killstreaks... I'll have to try out both. It seems like a mode that will encourage impatient people to blindly rush out to pick up tags, so it might be fun to leave a few out there and go fishing.

jgminto said:
There's definitely an effect with Theatre Mode. In the last minute of the video I linked there's a pretty sizeable sound delay.

Yeah, I haven't seen these ridiculous sniping/knifing "disconnects" with other COD replays, hope it's just an early Theatre mode issue.

Rizzo

Kyoufu said:
I foresee a lot of camping in Kill Confirmed, so constant UAVs are a must.

I'm really looking forward to this. A few people have been complaining about constant UAVs and CUAVs from the new Support stuff which makes me think they aren't even attempting to shoot any down.

Shooting shit down now counts towards your streak rewards, people!

Top Bottom