• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

protonion

dogmanstaruk said:
Managed to start playing the PS3 version today at work. PS3 is my console choice, but I have MW3 pre-ordered on PC.

If anyone has specific questions gimme a shout.

Did you apply the patch and if yes , did you have the problem I mentioned a few pages back?
The frequent pauses/frame skips. I had to delete it for the game to run without them (and it runs great btw).

Madtown_

Alienshogun said:
And that would be an issue with the aim assist in quick scoping.
It's theater mode being laggy. Other guns are acting the same in theater mode too. What's your explanation for that?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Madtown_ said:
It's theater mode being laggy. Other guns are acting the same in theater mode too. What's your explanation for that?

I've never had my shots look that off in theater mode. I even have some old BO clips on my youtube.

Alienshogun said:
I've never had my shots look that off in theater mode. I even have some old BO clips on my youtube.

I had a lot of shots that appeared like 3ft away from the person I killed in theater mode in BO. I'd seriously doubt the aiming is bad in game.

Don't know if this has been posted yet. If You Buy Modern Warfare 3 Early, Microsoft Warns Against Playing Online. Your account could be in some vague sense of jeopardy if you play ahead of release.

No, this isn’t a joke. No, this doesn’t make any sense. Yes, I’ve contacted Activision.

Microsoft has traditionally allowed anyone who managed to legitimately purchase an early copy of a game the right to play online without issue. If you didn’t pirate the game, you’re free to play.

Xbox Live director of policy and enforcement Stephen Toulouse made a similar statement regarding Modern Warfare 3 last night.

"For those asking about MW3 pre-release play: If your copy is legit and obtained legitly, have fun. It's a great game.” he said.

Then, Toulouse reversed his position this morning, issuing a vague warning to early players.

"clarification: dblchk'd with Activision. Mw3 pre-release play not authorized,” he clarified. “So pls be patient. Playing early may impact your account!"

It’s not clear what “may impact your account” means, as it’s hard to imagine Activision would ask Microsoft to ban players who paid $60 for a legitimate product, let alone Microsoft following through. The whole situation reeks of weirdness.

So far, Activision has not issued a response. It should probably look into doing that very soon.

WTF?!

I have a question: is the UMP as overpowered as it was in MW2? For that matter, are their any weapons that seem to be emerging as "the guns" like the FAMAS or AK74 or UMP, etc?

DUN GOOFD

Banned
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS.
i've pirated every copy of cod (just to play early i always buy the original game) and i've never been banned once or had my stats reset

Victrix

*beard*
DUN GOOFD said:
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS. i've pirated every copy of cod (just play early i always buy the original game) and i've never been banned once or had my stats reset

I'm afraid your streak is about to be broken champ

DUN GOOFD

Banned
Respawn said:
lol dude you're brave and yet quite witless to post that.
why? its the truth. i have more than one xbox and prefer ps3 anyway since i have more buddies on that. if i get banned or anything, i'm still gonna keep playing it lol. im just letting some of u guys know incase you are hesitant to play.. they say this stuff every year lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DUN GOOFD said:
why? its the truth. i have more than one xbox and prefer ps3 anyway since i have more buddies on that. if i get banned or anything, i'm still gonna keep playing it lol. im just saying they say this every year and nothing ever happens.

Admitting to piracy is bannable. There's a reason why the admins/mods recommend reading through the TOS and FAQ sub-forum.

Edit: Even if you are joking, you're playing with fire seeing as juniors are slapped with perma-bans.

DUN GOOFD said:
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS.
i've pirated every copy of cod (just to play early i always buy the original game) and i've never been banned once or had my stats reset
Hope you enjoyed your career here at Neogaf.

Kyoufu

I'm curious if my Elite subscription that was purchased on a UK PSN account will work on my main JP account? Hmm.. Does anyone have an idea?

I know the DLC will, but to use the other benefits do I need to be logged in on the UK account?

DUN GOOFD

Banned
JaseC said:
Admitting to piracy is bannable. There's a reason why the admins/mods recommend reading through the TOS and FAQ sub-forum.

Edit: Even if you are joking, you're playing with fire seeing as juniors are slapped with perma-bans.
no im not joking, i guess i could lie and say that..but im being honest. i was just trying to give some info on the discussion.
yeah i've read the rules, totally forgot since i'm always reading the ps3 jailbreak threads, piracy talk in there is normal. i actually have the hardened edition pre-ordered, i just cant ever wait for the COD games. lol.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Hope you enjoyed your career here at Neogaf.
hmm well i enjoy neogaf a lot. hopefully they can see i was just giving my 2 cents to the topic at hand.

upJTboogie said:
Why does MS do this, does Sony keep warning people when they play COD games early too?
nope. i think it has to do with PSN being free. and its funny cause PS3 copies of MW3 were leaked before 360 ones.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
DUN GOOFD said:
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS.

Junior is not long for this world.

def sim

upJTboogie said:
Why does MS do this, does Sony keep warning people when they play COD games early too?

This is the first time MS has done this for any game in their platform. It used to only be stupid rumors spread around as fact. It's probably Activision doing the complaining.

cameltoe

You can disable theatre recording if you want.

Here's the standard playlist

Tdm
Kill confirmed
Mercenary
FFA
Dom
Gw
Team defender
Demo
Sabo
Hq
Sd
Ctf

Advanced

Team tactical
Mosh pit
Hctdm
Hckc
Hcsd
Hc dom
Hc team tac
Barebones

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cameltoe said:
You can disable theatre recording if you want.

Here's the standard playlist

Tdm
Kill confirmed
Mercenary
FFA
Dom
Gw
Team defender
Demo
Sabo
Hq
Sd
Ctf

Advanced

Team tactical
Mosh pit
Hctdm
Hckc
Hcsd
Hc dom
Hc team tac
Barebones

Why would you disable it?

VaLiancY

DUN GOOFD said:
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS.

I lol'd. I needed a good laugh so bad tonight. Thank you sir.

PatzCU

DUN GOOFD said:
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS.

Joke account or not, I love when people live up to their name/avatar. Was crying with laughter at this!

Deadbeat

Banned
its like they increased the bullshit with quick scoping. So the PC and Wii versions are the only ones free of this shit?

edit: DS doesnt count because its a completely different game.

vilmer_

For the first time in a while I won't be getting the PC version. The good thing is I'll still be able to use my mouse and keyboard.

Just called a KMart in LA and asked if I could speak to the video games department. They replied, "Sure, but we don't have Call of Duty 3."

Deadbeat said:
its like they increased the bullshit with quick scoping. So the PC and Wii versions are the only ones free of this shit?

As a Wii Blops player, I'd say that Wii isn't safe at all. Blops was the first Wii CoD title to allow the Classic Controller (i.e. dual analog), and you could also still toggle aim assist, even for online play. Because of the way aim assist works, the always-centered crosshairs on the CC "sticky" onto a target when scoping, so the bullet will "follow" the target.

Anecdotally, I know a lot of players that can tear it up with the Wiimote but say that quickscoping is much easier with the CC. Also debated in the Wii community is whether or not Treyarch gave the CC users even more aim assist to counterbalance the Wiimote's pixel aim. This is, of course, an issue with two things (1) sticky knife lunges; and (2) quickscoping.

I haven't seen any concrete evidence either way, but anecdotal evidence from snipers appears to suggest that aim-assisted quickscoping is easier with the CC, and sniping via ACOG is easier with the pinpoint accuracy of the Wiimote.

diamondstar said:
WTF is the point of keeping it? Was there ever an explanation?

Because Treyarch tried to nerf it, so IW is all like, "Fuck, Treyarch. Here's a trailer that highlights quickscoping! Yeah, we're awesome."*

*pure speculation on my part

But honestly, if people expect this to get nerfed, don't hold your breath. IW intentionally put it in, and even released the multiplayer trailer that highlights quickscoping. They want to be heroes to the 1% of quickscopers that love their auto-aim.

Angry Fork

I thought about getting that keyboard/mouse thing for PS3 but never knew if it was worth it. I wasn't playing competitively so I figure I shouldn't take it serious enough to splurge that much. If I had the extra money I'd get it though.

DUN GOOFD said:
ITS JUST SCARE TACTICS.
good night, sweet prince.

and thanks for hooking GAF up with Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Subway Edition when that came out.

but right here, you dun goof'd, and the cyberpolice got ya.

Top Bottom