• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Teknoman

Played CoD 4, didnt really get into MW 2, but noobtube = grenade launcher? How is that considered a noobtube? Just grenade spamming?

Anyway, is shooting via the crosshair at medium/close range viable now?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Strider2K99 said:
And with reduced damage, Blast Shield, and Trophy System, not a single fuck was given.

1. I hope scavenger doesn't replenish tubes
2. I hope you can't equip any other attachment with the nube tube
3. I hope the reload time is long as shit.

Aeonin

Teknoman said:
Played CoD 4, didnt really get into MW 2, but noobtube = grenade launcher? How is that considered a noobtube? Just grenade spamming?

Anyway, is shooting via the crosshair at medium/close range viable now?

Is that what noobtube means? God I've heard it like 50 billion times from players on BO and I had no clue.

The OP is headache inducing. And its not the OP's fault. This game is getting overly complicated with all the deathsreaks, killstreaks etc............What happened to a more simpler time.

I don't know if I like all the clutter.

kaskade

Liquidsnake said:
The OP is headache inducing. And its not the OP's fault. This game is getting overly complicated with all the deathsreaks, killstreaks etc............What happened to a more simpler time.

That's why I like to go and play Halo sometimes. If I'm not mistaken though CoD usually has a gametype that makes it pretty basic, almost like the original MW.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Liquidsnake said:

It always seems over whelming a paper. Then after a couple of hours I don't even notice it.

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
dmg04 said:
1. I hope scavenger doesn't replenish tubes
2. I hope you can't equip any other attachment with the nube tube
3. I hope the reload time is long as shit.
Scavenger only resupplies tubes if the other player had tube ammo when they died.

Geoff9920

Liquidsnake said:

This is why there are such things as bare bones playlists.

Angry Fork

I hope developers take out the noob tube in future MP games that way we don't have to hope for a bunch of random what if's.

Just take that shit out it has no place in these games. Cut out the middle man and stop giving shitty players easy weapons.

Teknoman

Aeonin said:
Is that what noobtube means? God I've heard it like 50 billion times from players on BO and I had no clue.

Yeah, apparently its just a grenade launcher attachment. Maybe it needs work, but every military shooter has some sort of grenade launcher attachment.

Angry Fork said:
I hope developers take out the noob tube in future MP games that way we don't have to hope for a bunch of random what if's.

Just take that shit out it has no place in these games. Cut out the middle man and stop giving shitty players easy weapons.

They just need to tweak it. Almost every shooter with realistic weapons has some sort of grenade launcher attachment, so I dont really see it going away any time soon.

Respawn

Banned
TKRunningRiot said:
Is it laggy/choppy for anyone else? I'm sure there's a shit-ton of people trying to watch the stream.
36mb plus here no lag for me[HD connect full bars].

Also that predator missile looked weird.

Swifty

Can anyone elaborate what the situation is with dedicated server support for the PC build of MW3? I hear both matchmaking and server browsing is available but I've also heard that dedicated servers are essentially unranked. Is this all FUD or is this actually true?

Nice OT. Buying this game for the campaign and then giving it to my sister for the multiplayer, as Battlefield IMO will still be more fun.

Can't wait to see the story unfold, don't wanna admit it, but I've become pretty attached to the characters.
Soap and Price BETTER NOT DIE. Manly tears will be shed.

Xater

JetBlackPanda said:
no jelly on the screen?

edit: jelly

This seems to be the worst it gets:

xQAcd.png

Very hard to get a screenshot from a live stream. I think it is ok and not too distracting.

Love how they cleaned this game up. The resolutions seems higher and HUD is no longer cluttered. The challenges no longer take up the entire screen when completed.

kuYuri

Victrix said:
If it was a Reaper, it's not quite the same as a Predator...

It's unlimited, guided Predators from an orbiting Reaper :V
It's not unlimited. There are maybe 12 or so missiles.

Dabanton

The problem with the 'noobtube' is you would think players would be better than that. As more often than not it's the splashback from the explosion that takes you out. I play Hardcore so it can be double annoying for some players.

No problem for me, as on most maps on BO they could be countered very easily, i found smoking an area out cut down their effectiveness.

Top Bottom