• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Xamdou

So the Scar-L is in the top three of the most powerful assault guns! Awesome news since that is my main gun in mw1 and mw2!

Vol5

Not played it, granted, but some of these maps on the IGN stream look pretty weak.

edit: OK, looking a better.

Deadbeat

Banned
Xamdou said:
So the Scar-L is in the top three of the most powerful assault guns! Awesome news since that is my main gun in mw1 and mw2!
Yes its the most powerful based on the stat bars in the game. You know, the bars that mean absolutely nothing and always lie.

W Hudson

Xamdou said:

Yeah it looks like a contender for best AR. But I don't recall it being in MW1.

tuco11 said:
So has it been confirmed if Scavenger Pro resupplies clamors/bouncing bettys? Hope not.

thanks.
I believe pro will resupply 1 but ONLY if the person whose dead body you're looting was using one. Whereas in MW2 I believe every body replenished whatever you had.

not 100% sure on this

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I hope they answer my question....
"@IGN #MW3 If i "Reset All Stats" on my final prestige, do i lose all previous Prestige Token Unlocks?"

I really dislike how they changed the player cards from MW2. I loved how they popped up in a corner whenever a player did something special. It just doesn't have the same effect in MW3 when it's just text and it doesn't catch your eye.

Same thing with completing challenges in MW3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Moving challenge notifications to the corner was a great move.

The visibility seems to be massive improved over MW2 as well with maps visually designed in a way that character models don't blend into them.

KaYotiX

Banned
I'll play this for my run and gun "quake" style shooter fix. BF3 will be my main FPS though :) just like the bigger battles

Nori Chan

Jack Scofield said:
I really dislike how they changed the player cards from MW2. I loved how they popped up in a corner whenever a player did something special. It just doesn't have the same effect in MW3 when it's just text and it doesn't catch your eye.

Same thing with completing challenges in MW3.
What? I don't remember this. Can you explain more.

Noriega said:
What? I don't remember this. Can you explain more.

Whenever you did something notable in MW2 (capture a Domination point, call in a high-level killstreak, etc.) your playercard would pop up in the top right of the screen for all players to see. It had your emblem, title, gamertag, everything. Now, instead of showing your playercard, MW3 just says something like "Jack Scofield captured the flag."

Just plain text like that. In MW2 I could keep track of players based on their playercard out of the corner of my eye. It's not a big deal, but I dislike the change.

Nori Chan

Jack Scofield said:
Whenever you did something notable in MW2 (capture a Domination point, call in a high-level killstreak, etc.) your playercard would pop up in the top right of the screen for all players to see. It had your emblem, title, gamertag, everything. Now, instead of showing your playercard, MW3 just says something like "Jack Scofield captured the flag."

Just plain text like that. In MW2 I could keep track of players based on their playercard out of the corner of my eye. It's not a big deal, but I dislike the change.
Oh yeah that. Yeah I likes that as well but like you said no big deal.

zlatko said:
I think sound is awful. Every gun sounds like metal shredding. So many guns lack distinct sound.

I'd never really had a problem with CoD's sound but when I was watching that most recent game mode video I was doing some homework and looked up when I heard the first gun firing. Sounded like a garbage disposal shitting metal. Maybe so much BF3 has jaded me on gun sounds.

J2d

Jack Scofield said:
Agreed, I hope they patch it. Felt like a boss with my droppin crates & counter mvp sign in mw2.

W Hudson

I think the combination of having an SMG with the Kick proficiency and the Rapid Fire attachment is going to be where its at. In Black Ops I was mediocre until I discovered the Ak-74 with grip and rapid fire. That set up was amazing. If there is anything approaching that in MW3 I will be thrilled.

zlatko

Banned
Genesis Knight said:
I'd never really had a problem with CoD's sound but when I was watching that most recent game mode video I was doing some homework and looked up when I heard the first gun firing. Sounded like a garbage disposal shitting metal. Maybe so much BF3 has jaded me on gun sounds.

In MW2 I only remember the M4 having that sound, but here I swear to god 8/10 guns I've heard are using that SAME fucking sound. What the hell happened ?

muu

J2d said:
Agreed, I hope they patch it. Felt like a boss with my droppin crates & counter mvp sign in mw2.

Yeah, why bother with the rainbow pony signs if you can't own the RUTHLESS KILLA types and then show'em your colors.

bluehat9

Have they talked about playlists at all? Like Mercenary Moshpit? That's one thing that BO got totally right since it let me play all the modes (and get the pro perks) without having to deal with clans.

LeMaximilian said:
Haha, funny this subject came up...because I just finished the MW2 retrospective video.
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Retrospective by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKxLP_xvjLw[/URL]

Man, in retrospect it's kind of mindblowing how much bullshit was in MW2, and I got a few dozen nukes in that game. Even with all the infuriating stuff you mentioned I don't think you talked about the care package marker superspeed glitch, the hidden turret glitch, or the javelin suicide bomber glitch, ugh.

LeMaximilian said:
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Retrospective by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKxLP_xvjLw[/URL]
Vanilla Marathon already gave you unlimited sprint. Marathon Pro allowed you to mantle over objects faster.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
AnEternalEnigma said:
Vanilla Marathon already gave you unlimited sprint. Marathon Pro allowed you to mantle over objects faster.

Yea, was confusing it with blops for during the recording.

+Aliken+

these last days never pass...
Are there any Youtube complete multiplayer games up of MW3?

I need to watch some MW3...

Jb

+Aliken+ said:
these last days never pass...
Are there any Youtube complete multiplayer games up of MW3?

I need to watch some MW3...
Why not watch the ign stream?

W Hudson

Little confused on the Support kill streaks:

According to the OP the points don't reset when you die. So say I have it set to Ballistic Vests (5), Recon Drone (10), and EMP (18). I kill 4 people then die. Then I respawn, kill another person, and get my Ballistic Vests, right? Then I die again. I get to stay at my total and keep working up no matter how many deaths I have? Then I take it the kill streak resets itself when you reach your last reward (In this case after 18 kills/points)?

W Hudson said:

According to the OP the points don't reset when you die. So say I have it set to Ballistic Vests (5), Recon Drone (10), and EMP (18). I kill 4 people then die. Then I respawn, kill another person, and get my Ballistic Vests, right? Then I die again. I get to stay at my total and keep working up no matter how many deaths I have? Then I take it the kill streak resets itself when you reach your last reward (In this case after 18 kills/points)?

That's correct.

Nori Chan

W Hudson said:

Yessir

I heard something a while back that your killstreak resets once you hit your last killstreak. Is this true? Like lets say I have 3-4-5 (not support, attack I guess?) once I get the 5 killstreak, it resets back to 0 and I can get my uav back? Or was this disproven already?

kuYuri

Noriega said:
Yessir

I heard something a while back that your killstreak resets once you hit your last killstreak. Is this true? Like lets say I have 3-4-5 (not support, attack I guess?) once I get the 5 killstreak, it resets back to 0 and I can get my uav back? Or was this disproven already?
Yes, your streak restarts. No longer have to die to restart pointstreak rewards.

Top Bottom