• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Respawn

Banned
Can't believe that IGN guy said that about PC. Leave that stuff for forum fodder dude. You're at work with guest in your house.
Many legitimate PC players out there.

Good retrospective Max, though personally I never noticed a decrease in nuke boosting even during the 'booster justice' days. It wasn't uncommon to run into 2 sets of boosters in an FFA lobby. Another annoyance with MW2, though pretty superfluous and not gameplay related, was the completely hacked leaderboards. Black ops had great leaderboards, I feel that SPM is a good measure of how well the player is doing. It felt rewarding those (very few) times I would hit the weekly top 50 in TDM.

I definitely agree that MW2 has the 'higher highs' of the two games, Bl.Ops often felt very bland particularly if you weren't partied up.

So you gonna be the first youtuber to put up a 25 gun streak MOAB? :)

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Respawn said:
Can't believe that IGN guy said that about PC. Leave that stuff for forum fodder dude. You're at work with guest in your house.
Many legitimate PC players out there.

He works for IGN.

Respawn

Banned
Judderman said:
He works for IGN.
*facepalm* I know that.

Dark Stalkers said:
What did he say?
They were talking about people getting the game early and such. The IW guys were saying they dont care that much but they get upset when people show off the campaign or the ending. [Not sure I believe that since they take down everything on youtube].
Anyway, the IGN dude goes on to say well the PC is pretty much a problem and now you PC guys know why companies have issues with PC gaming. I was like really? Why didn't he mention the 360 which has a big if not the biggest MW pirating issues I thought? Answer came immediately to me. It's the console of choice to promote the game but that was just tasteless if you ask me.

Respawn said:
The IW guys were saying they dont care that much but they get upset when people show off the campaign or the ending. [Not sure I believe that since they take down everything on youtube].
Infinity Ward doesn't take the videos down. Activision does.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Radec said:
AdanT.jpg
These^ are both SPAS Shotguns....the KSG looks like this:
IRL:
450px-Kel-Tec_KSG_Shotgun_Oleg_Volk_1.jpg

In the game
KSG-MW3.png

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
celestial body said:
So you gonna be the first youtuber to put up a 25 gun streak MOAB? :)

Gonna be workin hard come November 8th, or hopefully earlier, haha. Gotta get that Assault Juggernaut and Osprey Gunner too.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Full Metal Jacket said:
I asked them the question, why they did they decide to use COD4 RDS. ANSWER MY QUESTION DAMNIT.
Looks like you have to have an awesome twitter name for him to care

Jb

I'm amazed at how unremarkable the maps are this time around. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't be fun to play, but that was one of the reason I got bored from BlOps much faster than mw2.

zlatko

Banned
Well I give up. I was really hoping to win to save myself money this holiday season and not have to trade in games to make the purchase of MW3 cheaper.

Getting both UMvC3 and this this month. ; ;

I was honestly trying to get these questions answered:

"Why are death streaks back in the game when the community hated them in MW2?"

" What other game franchises inspire you guys when creating games? "

"Glenn, do you miss Dead Space, and what have you taken from creating it and tried to apply to CoD MW3?"

legacyzero

Banned
Jay-B said:
I'm amazed at how unremarkable the maps are this time around. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't be fun to play, but that was one of the reason I got bored from BlOps much faster than mw2.

That's because the maps look to be BALANCED. MW2's maps were a clusterfuck.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
OP has a couple of Weapon Mistakes

Radec said:
Wrong Shotgun
These^ are both SPAS Shotguns....the KSG looks like this:
IRL:
450px-Kel-Tec_KSG_Shotgun_Oleg_Volk_1.jpg

Deadbeat said:
Also the Bizon is wrong as well. Couldnt find a higher res pic.
eMSey.jpg
Wrong SMG
Err the Bizon isnt in the game?...im pretty sure the PP-90M1 is in the game not the PP-19?
But i could be wrong, they look devilishly similar with helical magazines.

This is a PP-19:
bizon.jpg

This is the PP-90M1:
kbp_pp-90m1_b.jpg

The OPs PP-90M1 is clearly an MP5 (lol) I wonder how he made that mistake....haha

Wrong MP5 x 2
Your MP5 is the short variant....The game is using a full length MP5 with the buttstock and foregrip.
Like this:
Hk94-conversion-mp5-9mm-handguards-foregrip-surefire-2.jpg

OP your weapons are clearly wrong, fix them!

Deadbeat

Banned
Black_Stride said:
Wrong SMG
Ah. I thought it was just a decked out bizon much like how many other guns in mw2 had crazy rails/crap mounted on them but were just regular variants of other guns.

edit: Oh it says on the interwebs it was designed to compete with the bizon. No wonder.

legacyzero

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Haha, funny this subject came up...because I just finished the MW2 retrospective video.

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Retrospective by Maximilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKxLP_xvjLw

Great video Max. My only disagreement with it, however, was the "what made MW2 better than Black Ops."

My answer to that would be THE HIT DETECTION. That's it. Black ops being exponentially more balance and more like COD4 made it the better game in my opinion. Everytime I went back to try and tolerate MW2 again, it ended in horrible frustration and going back to Black Ops.

I cannot believe they brought back that stupid bullshit where money flies out of bodies when you get a payback kill. So stupid.

Victrix

*beard*
AnEternalEnigma said:
I cannot believe they brought back that awsomeness where money flies out of bodies when you get a payback kill. So sweet.

Yep

Can't wait for this game. I'm really enjoying BF3 a ton, but for close quarters fast paced infantry combat, it's not even close, and I want my rock music accolades for shanking a bunch of people from behind.

legacyzero

Banned
Madtown_ said:
What a terrible host. They ought to have someone else choose the tweets. He just picks the names he likes.
no kidding. and only half of them were questions that were even worth a damn.

ZZMitch

AnEternalEnigma said:
I cannot believe they brought back that stupid bullshit where money flies out of bodies when you get a payback kill. So stupid.

That's fun, what's the big deal?

kuYuri

zlatko said:
Well I give up. I was really hoping to win to save myself money this holiday season and not have to trade in games to make the purchase of MW3 cheaper.

Getting both UMvC3 and this this month. ; ;

I was honestly trying to get these questions answered:

"Why are death streaks back in the game when the community hated them in MW2?"

" What other game franchises inspire you guys when creating games? "

"Glenn, do you miss Dead Space, and what have you taken from creating it and tried to apply to CoD MW3?"

Did you watch the stream? They answered this question (also, it should be obvious by now).

Nabs

Respawn said:
*facepalm* I know that.

They were talking about people getting the game early and such. The IW guys were saying they dont care that much but they get upset when people show off the campaign or the ending. [Not sure I believe that since they take down everything on youtube].
Anyway, the IGN dude goes on to say well the PC is pretty much a problem and now you PC guys know why companies have issues with PC gaming. I was like really? Why didn't he mention the 360 which has a big if not the biggest MW pirating issues I thought? Answer came immediately to me. It's the console of choice to promote the game but that was just tasteless if you ask me.

ridiculous.

ajb1888

Banned
So it seems to me like the bullet vests are basically "painkiller" reincarnated.. for the whole team lol! Have mercy..

ajb1888 said:
So it seems to me like the bullet vests are basically "painkiller" reincarnated.. for the whole team lol! Have mercy..

But they're a pointstreak, and you have to wait for an airdrop, so they can be stolen (I think). It's much easier to just call in a Predator Missile for a quick free kill. I doubt it'll be broken.

I'm glad their new system or whatever allows them to have quicker updates, so if anything is off or needs nerfing they can do it quickly.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
legacyzero said:
Great video Max. My only disagreement with it, however, was the "what made MW2 better than Black Ops."

My answer to that would be THE HIT DETECTION. That's it. Black ops being exponentially more balance and more like COD4 made it the better game in my opinion. Everytime I went back to try and tolerate MW2 again, it ended in horrible frustration and going back to Black Ops.

Yea, since I did the commentary in less than an hour and tried to think of everything possible...I totally missed it. I'll be doing a final MW2 commentary followup to the retrospective, where I inject some more of my personal opinion about MW2 in it's current state. But you're totally right.

Going back to MW2 or COD4 and actually seeing your bullets kill people on contact was one of the biggest reasons.

ajb1888

Banned
Freezie KO said:
But they're a pointstreak, and you have to wait for an airdrop, so they can be stolen (I think). It's much easier to just call in a Predator Missile for a quick free kill. I doubt it'll be broken.
True. lets hope lol. Painkiller was a bane of my mw2 experience.

legacyzero

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Yea, since I did the commentary in less than an hour and tried to think of everything possible...I totally missed it. I'll be doing a final MW2 commentary followup to the retrospective, where I inject some more of my personal opinion about MW2 in it's current state. But you're totally right.

Going back to MW2 or COD4 and actually seeing your bullets kill people on contact was one of the biggest reasons.

And Hey, lets not kid each other. You and I both know that
COD4
is still KING.

that'll be the only thing that makes MW3 appeal to me, is if it's more on the level of the original MW

Holy shit 4 studios worked on this, I had no idea. Well if Treyarch worked on this, maybe it'll be better then the atrocious MW and MW2.
Yep, didn't like either of them. Preferred WaW.

Top Bottom