• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
BruiserBear said:
Can someone explain all to this me in brief?

I buy shit and I get codes. But what do the codes do? For example, what is "Doritos Maps"? Doritos Perks?

You enter the codes on the dewxp.com site and it automatically gives you 15 minutes of double XP (per 20oz) that you must apply to your gamertag after launching the MP of MW3.

The codes also give you one prize entry, so you go to that tab on the site and select one prize to enter for per code.

The codes also give one "combat card." On that tab of the site you'll see there are 3 rows, MW3 cards, Dew cards, and Doritos Cards, each row you fill up by trading and adding cards gets you 15 minutes double XP, if you fill all 3 rows you get a bonus 45 minutes, for 90 minutes total.

So you can add cards you need to the list on the right side of that tab, and post a link to your list for people to see and trade with you for your extra cards.

DarkFlow

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Domination feels like it's been ruined. The speed at which people go down makes it just comical when you have people spawning all on top of each other around the flags. To make it not impossible to capture a flag, they sped up the rate at which you capture, which makes it impossible to defend a flag unless you're standing right there when the enemy begins to take it.

Sucks.
It's pretty much a meat grinder now. I have a shit kdr, but at this point I don't care anymore. games senseless fun, at least I'm not screaming at my dumb teammates like bf3 made me do.

Omiee

i have the pc version sitting here and i was wondering about 2 things.

does it support the 360 controller like black ops did?

and does it have an offline bots mode like black ops?

because if both answers are no, im bringing it back and getting the ps3 version.

and dont worry about keyboard and mouse vs controller, because i manage with a controller.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Jeff-DSA said:
No. The maps are too small, too cramped, and too busy.

Seriously? Looks like my fears may be true then. I'll be getting the game regardless, but from what I've seen all the maps just look a little dull so far.

TheExodu5

Banned
Jibbed said:
Apparently the PC version doesn't render up from 720p, and just upscales the image. Check out the hi-res screenshot thread :/

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I have never in my life heard of anything that retarded. Treyarch has to be the worst video game developer of all time.

Please tell me this is a mistake.

zlatko

Banned
Question about the Mt. Dew double exp stuff. Do I first have to play a game of MW3 MP online before I can use the code, or can I go through the stuff online and input my double exp code, and then play MW3 later to reap the rewards ?

Angry Fork

People talking about the maps keep talking about them in relation to deathmatch, domination etc.

What about Search and Destroy? Are they as fun as MW1?

Chiggs

Gold Member
TheExodu5 said:
What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I have never in my life heard of anything that retarded. Treyarch has to be the worst video game developer of all time.

Treyarch?

TheExodu5

Banned
Chiggs said:
Treyarch?

I was under the impression they took the reins for MW3 and passed the offshoot to Sledgehammer? Or something like that. Maybe I'm just an idiot who hasn't bothered to do his research before sounding like a dumbass on the Internet. :p

edit: I was way off. Treyarch did the Wii version.

Okay, who handled the PC port of this and Black Ops? Black Ops was abysmal. Is it the same crew?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
zlatko said:
Question about the Mt. Dew double exp stuff. Do I first have to play a game of MW3 MP online before I can use the code, or can I go through the stuff online and input my double exp code, and then play MW3 later to reap the rewards ?

You can put in all your codes on the site now. You just have to boot up MW3 multiplayer before you can attach the double XP to your gamertag via the site.

TheExodu5 said:
What the fuck.

What the fuck.

Please tell me this is a mistake.

I want to quote EatChildren:

EatChildren said:
For those having image issues on PC, go into the Advanced Video settings, and change Image Quality from Extra (or whatever) to Native.

Can somebody try and this and see if it helps? I planned to grab the PC version after work.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PC USERS READ THIS:

EatChildren said:
For those having image issues on PC, go into the Advanced Video settings, and change Image Quality from Extra (or whatever) to Native.

EDIT: Thank you, err, FuttBuck :p.

Lyonaz

Good god, Special Ops Survival Solo play is fucking awesome. Got to wave 21 in the first map. This also a really good mode to get to know the MP maps.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
TheExodu5 said:
I'm assuming this does what it implies? Renders at native resolution?

Apparently, yes. Extra has its own default settings for rendering. Its pretty fucking stupid. You need to set it to Native for the game to actually render natively.

Dabanton

Glad that PC Res problem was solved and shutdown before it swung out in an uncontrollable mess.

Been playing a few more matches and i'm liking it new maps are cool yes even Dome.

Omiee

anyone?

does the pc version support the 360 controller?

and is there some kind of offline mode like black ops had with bots

zlatko

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
You can put in all your codes on the site now. You just have to boot up MW3 multiplayer before you can attach the double XP to your gamertag via the site.

Thanks. I'll wait till I pop the game in and have completed a match then. :)

The only review I watched so far was Giantbomb's, but I thought Jeff's review was fantastic for this game and it made chuckle too. Worth a watch and it isn't heavy on spoilers either.

TheExodu5

Banned
EatChildren said:
Apparently, yes. Extra has its own default settings for rendering. Its pretty fucking stupid. You need to set it to Native for the game to actually render natively.

No kidding. If I wanted to render at 720p, well I'll just set the resolution to 720p. If they let you upscale internally, then maybe that setting has a point (easy supersampling), but it sounds to me that Native is as high as it goes?

EatChildren

TheExodu5 said:
No kidding. If I wanted to render at 720p, well I'll just set the resolution to 720p. If they let you upscale internally, then maybe that setting has a point (easy supersampling), but it sounds to me that Native is as high as it goes?

From what I've read/seen (I don't own the game) native renders at the native resolution of your monitor, just as it should. As long as you set it to native the game will render as you'd expect. Anything lower, Extra included, does some weird internal resolution and upscales.

EDIT: There is still actually a resolution setting, like all PC games. It just seems to be that if you set your resolution, then set the image quality to Extra, it upscales to that resolution. Set it to Native, and it will render at your set resolution.

Hanmik

FuttBuck said:
I want to quote EatChildren:

Can somebody try and this and see if it helps? I planned to grab the PC version after work.

this is with image quality on max..

A6D5839F9AB26F34D608C85BA415FC39EC7D47D7

this is with it on native:

61EA5CAEADECCDA9BF763CFBCBC9DF3C689D0A5D

resolution is 1680x1050 (sorry for the different weapons, I did not take the pictures)

Jeff-DSA

Mister Wilhelm said:
Can shotguns actually be used in this game?

Anything on par with the MW2 SPAS yet?

They now have automatic shotguns. Shotgun users seem to be chewing through people quite easily.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Xbox COD Elite clan roster.

[Gamertag] & [CallOfDuty.com Username]
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
16. ASSauLTxMasTER, ASSAULTXMASTER
17. bigwinnerx, bigwinnerx
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A
19. monkyofdoom, monkyofdoom
20. Supercharged XF, Supercharged XF

Posted for X-Frame

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:

4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A

Posted for X-Frame

Can you join clans even if you don't buy ELITE? I'm not sure if ELITE free version lets you join clans.

th3dude

Alienshogun said:

4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A

Posted for X-Frame

How do I get in on this?

Xamdou

So did anybody get the game from their local BestBuy's midnight launch? All I got was a MW3 poster. I wanted to get the COD elite shirt the bestbuy employees were wearing but it wasn't for given away nor was it for sale.

Nightz

Alienshogun said:

4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A

Posted for X-Frame
So is this different from the one that's set up in the community forum?

zlatko

Banned
Foxy Fox 39 said:
Oh geez. Him getting pissed at himself is hilarious. Ive seen his videos before but was his aim always this bad?

Half and half. He's mediocre at best, but when he's on a game with shittier players he mops up shop and his aim is precise, but he always bitches about controls in his videos with games.

Top Bottom