• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Desaan said:
Good luck with that. Site has been down all day and wasn't even working properly last night and this is before the mainstream grabs it, I had to reload the register page 800 times to make and link my accounts.

Like I said about 20 minutes ago. I've been dicking around in elite all morning.

DarkFlow

Banned
Airspace too Crowded is starting too annoy me. twice I've had the last support killstreak and not able to deploy it. soooooo annoying.

eek5

I'm really confused as to why they adjusted the weapon damage. It seems like they should've just increased the health to 50 for hardcore and left softcore modes alone.

littleworm said:
Does this game require an online pass to play?
no

Since most gaming sites are blocked here at work could someone confirm something for me since I am having trouble getting solid answers.

Spec Ops Mission Mode is four player while Survival Mode is only two players, is this correct? I was really annoyed by Battlefield 3 co-op being two players maximum and was hoping to play with three buddies in mission mode in this. I kind of wish Survival mode was the same though.

lionelhutz

Desaan said:
Do you work for IW? Are you wizard?

571188-robeandwizardhat_super.jpg

Someone said that Assault Rifles weren't viable everywhere earlier I think, messing around with it and I can say that I think they're still really viable everywhere :p.

def sim

Darkerkamikaze said:
Someone said that Assault Rifles weren't viable everywhere earlier I think, messing around with it and I can say that I think they're still really viable everywhere :p.

Yeah I was having a hard time believing what they were saying. As long as the AR has a decent ADS speed, there's no reason it couldn't do just as well as in previous games.

Jeff-DSA

Did they speed at which you capture flags in domination? It seems really fast now and you don't really get a chance to defend flags unless you're right there when they start capturing.

Didn't they announce mobile apps to access setting up custom classes and such?

What is it called in the iPhone app store? I can't seem to find it...

Nori Chan

Walmart sucks. They told me they would have at least 4 hardened editions.

Nothing. I'm going to look around begging for hardened editions. at toys r us and gamestop. Installing the game for now.

Who wants to play? GT: xGeneral Ice.

Apoc87

Banned
So, am I missing out on anything if I don't become a founder? I really don't have $50 to drop on elite before the 13th, but I want free map packs and dlc.

Can anyone tell me exactly what i would be missing if I wait and purchase elite on, say, the 1st of december?

Just got this fucking email from amazon/ups:

"We're writing to let you know there was a transit delay and the delivery of your package from Order# 103-6623773-2723426 may be delayed by 1 - 2 days.
UPS will deliver the package as soon as possible. We're very sorry about this unavoidable delay and we appreciate your patience."

It says its already out for fucking delivery fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Jibbed

Apparently the PC version doesn't render up from 720p, and just upscales the image. Check out the hi-res screenshot thread :/

played a round on PC. Holy crap it looks soooo bad with everything maxed. Gameplay is fun and it is running very smooth but it looks like I am playing a game from 2002. As they say though, gameplay > graphics right? I hope I can get over this fuzziness quickly so that I can fully enjoy the experience.

Question for PS3 players -

Does the netcode for MW3 work better than BO on PSN?

I remember getting BO launch week and people were teleporting all over the place the lag was so bad in some games. If you didn't have host, you got raped.

Question for PC players -

Is this BO all over again where the game simply doesn't fucking work at all on some computers no matter how many drivers and fixes you use or has installation/performance been pretty smooth so far?

Trying to avoid getting it on 360 this year.

LowParry

Max's impressions hit the nail with a lot of other user feedback. If people are on the fence about the game, check out his video for sure.

Can't wait to play!

Only played an hour so far (MP Only). Very early impressions is that some maps are unbalanced for Domination which I was playing. It was way to easy to lock down. I was getting kill spawned like crazy. And it seems overall easier/quicker to take somebody down compared to Blackops and MW2. Oh well, looking forward to playing more tonight, surely it will get better.

I cancelled my amazon preorder last minute but still got these codes. Feel free to grab them if you are interested.

Special Forces Xbox Live avatar outfit
Here are your bonus codes: 4GQ3V-DTDTM-TGYXC-FT7H7-PQJQZ (Male) and K6P29-W3D3Q-F4PHX-HV7P3-7HJQZ (Female)

Kyoufu

Mister Wilhelm said:
Question for PS3 players -

Does the netcode for MW3 work better than BO on PSN?

I remember getting BO launch week and people were teleporting all over the place the lag was so bad in some games. If you didn't have host, you got raped.

Lets just put it this way. I have yet to encounter anyone with a yellow bar. Astonishing.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
MustacheBandit_ said:
played a round on PC. Holy crap it looks soooo bad with everything maxed. Gameplay is fun and it is running very smooth but it looks like I am playing a game from 2002. As they say though, gameplay > graphics right? I hope I can get over this fuzziness quickly so that I can fully enjoy the experience.

Every Call of Duty post-Call of Duty 2 has felt extremely weird to me on PC. I think it's the controls.

zlatko

Banned
Pretty shitty of them to hype up ELITE so much, and then it doesn't even work at launch.

It still keeps saying I need to play a game of Black Ops, but I don't own that game, so wtf ?

Hanmik

MustacheBandit_ said:
unfortunately, yes.

after coming from playing battlefield 3 for the past few weeks, this feels so blurry and dated. the good news is it is running a lot smoother on PC then blops ever did.

but the gun looks giant.. and the numbers score and playernames look way to big too..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
For those having image issues on PC, go into the Advanced Video settings, and change Image Quality from Extra (or whatever) to Native.

zlatko said:
Pretty shitty of them to hype up ELITE so much, and then it doesn't even work at launch.

It still keeps saying I need to play a game of Black Ops, but I don't own that game, so wtf ?

Give it a few days. Sites like that are always under spec'd and get hammered at launch.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Here's my updated combat card list. I need 4 Doritos cards to complete all 3 sets!

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/Index/cardExchange/819062242330

NEED:
Doritos Characters
Doritos Strike Packages
Doritos Maps
Doritos Perks

HAVE:
Dew Perks x3
Dew Strike Packages x2
MW3 Perks x2

Can someone explain all to this me in brief?

I buy shit and I get codes. But what do the codes do? For example, what is "Doritos Maps"? Doritos Perks?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
DarkFlow83 said:
Airspace too Crowded is starting too annoy me. twice I've had the last support killstreak and not able to deploy it. soooooo annoying.
The good news is that you can FINALLY use the streak rewards in any order. No more getting stuck trying to use your lower ones while waiting to call in a chopper. Can't believe it took them do long to do this.

Glassboy said:
I have to say after playing about 4 hours of the game, I'm not liking it at all. The damage seems fucking insane (dying fast) and the spawns don't help that either. One shot anywhere on the body sniping is back and it is annoying as hell. None of the maps stood out to me as being fun. I'm very disappointed :(

I told you.

Addnan

The campaign is fun so far, playing through on Veteran I think I am just over half way. Its pretty easy though in comparison to previous COD's.

DarkFlow

Banned
vatstep said:
The good news is that you can FINALLY use the streak rewards in any order. No more getting stuck trying to use your lower ones while waiting to call in a chopper. Can't believe it took them do long to do this.
You can? How, up and down on the dpad to choose?

dc89

MercuryLS said:
THe COD series sold its soul to the console gods. You guys all know that. Sorry PC master race!

Indeed. I don't have a gaming PC so it doesn't bother me personally but I feel for some guys as CoD's roots was the PC.

I still say CoD UO is probably the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer FPS.

Jeff-DSA

Wildstar75 said:
Only played an hour so far (MP Only). Very early impressions is that some maps are unbalanced for Domination which I was playing. It was way to easy to lock down. I was getting kill spawned like crazy. And it seems overall easier/quicker to take somebody down compared to Blackops and MW2. Oh well, looking forward to playing more tonight, surely it will get better.

Domination feels like it's been ruined. The speed at which people go down makes it just comical when you have people spawning all on top of each other around the flags. To make it not impossible to capture a flag, they sped up the rate at which you capture, which makes it impossible to defend a flag unless you're standing right there when the enemy begins to take it.

Sucks.

Top Bottom