• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

AEREC

Net_Wrecker said:
I've stopped playing CoD, but Elpresador's vids will forever be a source of entertainment. He's getting pissed at his own aim :lol

His videos crack me up...when did he switch to 360 though?

mocoworm

Bookies paying out on Call of Duty for Xmas no. 1 - "This contest is well and truly over."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-08-bookies-paying-out-on-call-of-duty-for-xmas-no-1

Bookies are already paying out on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 as the UK's Christmas number one game - only twelve hours after it went on sale.

Modern Warfare 3 went on sale in the UK at midnight last night, and Activision is yet to announce sales figures, but that hasn't stopped Paddy Power from paying out on the FPS, which was the clear 1/5 favourite to be the best-selling game over Christmas in the UK.
So inevitable was Call of Duty's dominance that Paddy Power shortened the odds of it being Christmas number one to "practically unbackable" 1/16.

"At odds of 1/16 this contest is well and truly over," said Ken Robertson from Paddy Power. "On its day of release we are happy to crown Call of Duty: MW3 this year's undisputed champion!"

As an alternative, you can now bet on the best-selling game over Christmas that isn't Modern Warfare 3. FIFA 12 is the odds-on 10/11 favourite ahead of Gears of War 3 at 2/1 and Pro Evolution Soccer at 9/1.

Will Modern Warfare 3 be the best-selling video game of all time? It looks likely. Both Game and Amazon say it was their most pre-ordered game ever.

X-Frame

Alienshogun said:
Xbox COD Elite clan roster.

[Gamertag] & [CallOfDuty.com Username]
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
16. ASSauLTxMasTER, ASSAULTXMASTER
17. bigwinnerx, bigwinnerx
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A
19. monkyofdoom, monkyofdoom
20. Supercharged XF, Supercharged XF

Posted for X-Frame
Thanks man.

Elite is taking their sweet time sending me a confirmation email for registering for the free Elite account.

It's been like an hour.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So how is the game guys? I hated Black Ops after investing some time into it, mainly due to netcode issues.

Curious about how this game turned out though. Really curious about the weapon balance and stuff, but it's too early to make any judgements about that.

zlatko

Banned
X-Frame said:
Thanks man.

Elite is taking their sweet time sending me a confirmation email for registering for the free Elite account.

It's been like an hour.

It's a bug. I found a workaround to spam the resend email button, and it shot me 5 into my junk folder and I was finally able to get that part of it done.

ELITE is fucked right now... Also, has anyone had trouble downloading the app on the marketplace? I'm tryina get my founder status damn it!

kx11

Banned
mw3_05b417_2851497.jpg

ouch

def sim

Kyoufu said:
Solid. No frame drops, good netcode.

The comparison video posted in the last page shows the PS3 with lower framerate in certain areas. I'm not saying it's bad but I am saying that "no frame drops" is misleading. In the real world the difference doesn't matter, I'm sure, but this is GAF.

Talk about not understanding your play base and how they will react th that type of game. Kill Confirmed already sucks in my opinion.

Lets all clump up in a defense shell in a corner and protect are dog tags.

Marco1

BadTaste105 said:
So BORED! Please deliver MW3 tomorrow, even if I did choose super saver delivery from Amazon!
Same here, I paid extra for first class delivery and it still comes tomorrow.
I emailed them and they said it was because I only pre-ordered 3 days ago, strange that my preorder shows the 3rd October, wankers!

Kyoufu

rance said:
The comparison video posted in the last page shows the PS3 with lower framerate in certain areas. I'm not saying it's bad but I am saying that "no frame drops" is misleading. In the real world the difference doesn't matter, I'm sure, but this is GAF.

Single or Multi? I haven't tried the single-player campaign. Haven't seen any frame drops on multi yet.

sajj316

rance said:

Agreed. If the comparisons of MW3 is similar to MW2 and MW1, it's a good version for PS3 owners. I personally bought the 360 edition being a multi console owner and I have MW1 and MW2 on the PS3. I was burned by BLOPS ...

Yami

Finished the campaign in under 5 hours on Hardened, sure it was fun, but a bit on the short side...

Can't afford Xbox Live atm so might trade it in for BF3, see how that single player stacks up. Might just get Skyrim instead!

Dabanton

Anerythristic said:
Talk about not understanding your play base and how they will react th that type of game. Kill Confirmed already sucks in my opinion.

Lets all clump up in a defense shell in a corner and protect are dog tags.

Had a few good games of this earlier it was like that at the beginning teams just sticking in one area but it's loosened up a bit now.

def sim

Kyoufu said:
Single or Multi? I haven't tried the single-player campaign. Haven't seen any frame drops on multi yet.

The video is for single so multi might just be fine.

Yami said:
Finished the campaign in under 5 hours on Hardened, sure it was fun, but a bit on the short side...

Can't afford Xbox Live atm so might trade it in for BF3, see how that single player stacks up. Might just get Skyrim instead!

All that money burned for short, FPS campaigns. Rent them dude.

Also, BF3 campaign is not worth it. It's a mess of cool stuff and pure trash.

Dabanton

Yami said:

If you're not getting online atm just get Skyrim as BF3 SP is terrible.

so i played a round of multi, seems fine so far. is the on-screen XP bar really gone from the HUD? i always really liked that feature (since i am an unapologetic bar-filling addict)

rance said:

After Blops online, I am happy enough with this. That game was the worst.

Jb

Had to pay 63 quids to get an english 360 copy from amazon UK and they still haven't dispatched it :( Damn brits.

Chiggs

Gold Member
So, I just got done playing the NYC Harbor level, and it appears that the Freedom Tower has been removed and a generic building has been inserted. :/

REV 09

Yami said:

as others have said, BF3 is not worth it for campaign. Go with Skyrim.

Chiggs said:
So, I just got done playing the NYC Harbor level, and it appears that the Freedom Tower has been removed and a generic building has been inserted. :/

seriously? lame. i really liked seeing it in the previews. didn't Crysis 2 have it in there?

ps, I'm pretty sure the name Freedom Tower has been scrapped. these days i've just heard everyone calling it the new world trade center or just WTC1

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yami said:

Do not get BF3 for the campaign if the alternative is Skyrim, and I say this as someone who owns the former, with no intention of jumping on the latter right away. BF3's campaign is junk, and you will get literally a hundred better solo hours out of Skyrim.

Sushen

I just picked up the last copy of harden edition from local target store. While I can't wait to play it, I still can't believe how rare this $100 video game is.

Chiggs

Gold Member
oddworld18 said:
ps, I'm pretty sure the name Freedom Tower has been scrapped. these days i've just heard everyone calling it the new world trade center or just WTC1

Thank God for that.

Dipswitch

EatChildren said:
Do not get BF3 for the campaign if the alternative is Skyrim, and I say this as someone who owns the former, with no intention of jumping on the latter right away. BF3's campaign is junk, and you will get literally a hundred better solo hours out of Skyrim.

Yeah, I gotta echo this. I liked the MW and MW2 campaigns a lot and the BF3 campaign compares very poorly. Hell, I'd even give the edge to the BLOPS campaign, and that was pretty bad in my book.

Multi though is damn good. And that's coming from someone who doesn't play FPS multiplayer, ever. It's bloody addictive, even for someone who's terrible at it, like me :D

I love it, I love it. I don't know it doesn't really feel like MW2, it feels like a mix of COD4 and BlackOps but with so much better netcode. UMP is still too powerful IMO.

Top Bottom