• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

splattered

Awww man i made the mistake of checking out the blackcell stuff for this new season. SOLD!

Green is my favorite color and this theme looks freakin awesome... sighhhh can't be helped.

Bumping on older thread to see what COD players think of people who use unlock tools to get skins/camos in game.

Just curious because its the latest rabbit hole of cheats that one of my regular gaming friends has went down and claims he has been using it since MW3 launched and hasn't been banned yet

Thing is it doesn't really bother me as he works a shit ton of hours and has those situational disabilities (kids) so he just can't grind for camos and it doesnt really effect other players.

Thoughts?

calistan

Bumping on older thread to see what COD players think of people who use unlock tools to get skins/camos in game.

Just curious because its the latest rabbit hole of cheats that one of my regular gaming friends has went down and claims he has been using it since MW3 launched and hasn't been banned yet

Thing is it doesn't really bother me as he works a shit ton of hours and has those situational disabilities (kids) so he just can't grind for camos and it doesnt really effect other players.

Thoughts?
I had no idea that was a thing. You're well connected in the murky world of CoD cheaters! It does sound like stealing from Activision, so I guess it depends on how comfortable people are with that.

Recently reinstalled it after rage-uninstalling a few weeks ago, and it now occupies just 120 GB on my Xbox. I'm sure that's about 60-70 GB less than before (for just the MW3 multiplayer, no campaign or Warzone).

splattered

Thoughts?

Whoa i didn't even know that was a thing...

Not as upsetting as other "cheats" in the game but still not cool.

//DEVIL//

Thoughts?
My friend used it and got banned. not worth it to risk it for me. especially since I am mainly cod player.

Whoa i didn't even know that was a thing...

Not as upsetting as other "cheats" in the game but still not cool.
Yeah he was showing off some unreleased skins and camos and personally the skins bother me more than camos if its a skin they are selling in the store but I don't blame some for using things like that to avoid those major grinds as those can take a massive amount of time with not a lot of skill involved

My friend used it and got banned. not worth it to risk it for me. especially since I am mainly cod player.
I am surprised he hasn't gotten nailed and agreed its not near worth it as my main COD account I have had forever and not risking either account honestly.

Calverz

I didn’t know that was a thing. Personally I’ve stopped playing COD since getting a PS5 again with GT7. My work has gotten busier so not as free time as I used to. Firmly waiting on blops 6 now.

twilo99

I don’t they do anything extra for those it’s still the same cheat detection system and maybe they should change that..

That’s why I don’t really like online tournaments…Obviously this won’t be possible on LAN

David B

An Idiot
I really hate Call of Duty now. It used to be cool. But in latest years it sure has sucked more and more. Plus that gamers turn into eventually cheaters on the games and than boom dead, boom dead, every freaking 1 second after each spawn. It's like WTF, why even play anymore? I'm not buying anymore. I deleted them all off my consoles. I'm just sick of it.

My crew and I are hanging around Platinum III/Diamond I in Ranked Resurgence at the moment. Things I want to know:

1) What is the population distribution of players at each level for RR? I'm thinking it would be similar to this distribution from MWII MP Ranked, but that's just an assumption.
ebd3V4t.png

2) What percentage of players at each tier are cheaters? When I get demolished, I want to know if that player's strategy is something I can learn from and achieve or if it's not worth giving thought to. I watched a player pre-aim through a wall, round the corner, take out three of us with 0ms ADS, 0ms snap-targeting between us, 0 recoil. But other cheaters can be more subtle.
3) If there were no cheaters, then where would we stand, percentile-wise?

clarky

Gold Member
My crew and I are hanging around Platinum III/Diamond I in Ranked Resurgence at the moment. Things I want to know:

1) What is the population distribution of players at each level for RR? I'm thinking it would be similar to this distribution from MWII MP Ranked, but that's just an assumption.
ebd3V4t.png

2) What percentage of players at each tier are cheaters? When I get demolished, I want to know if that player's strategy is something I can learn from and achieve or if it's not worth giving thought to. I watched a player pre-aim through a wall, round the corner, take out three of us with 0ms ADS, 0ms snap-targeting between us, 0 recoil. But other cheaters can be more subtle.
3) If there were no cheaters, then where would we stand, percentile-wise?

I solo Resurgence to Diamond each season then get absolutely creamed. Id say thats when you start seeing cheaters, but to be honest personally i cant say i notice or worry about it too much. I think the player base becomes much smaller and skilled at D1 and above and with that comes the cheaters. How many? No idea.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Lazy lazy lazy. MP maps are generally so basic in geometry and textures that they aren’t far off a cell shaded look anyway.

To be fair, last season maps are sent out to die - most of the player base just move on to the next COD immediately.

MetalRain

Cell shading at least doesn't burn my eyes like the maps where everything has too much contrast and many distracting flying particles.

kikkis

Not sure if I will get this today. Campaign seems rushed, no cyber attack and I don't like the longer ttk. Also audio visuals are step down

splattered

Well I guess not much, gotta delete some other games to clear space.

That's pretty much gaming in general these days, only gonna get worse as time goes on.

Until streaming is 100% viable of course... then the majority casual (non collectors/hoarders) won't have to worry about storage space anymore.

nikos

I don't know where to play this anymore. I'm on PC and mostly care about Warzone but will need the base games to level weapons.

I own everything until MWII on battle.net.
MWIII will be on Game Pass, as will BLOPS 6.
Steam is preferred since I use it for most other games.

Guess I need to play via the Xbox app going forward. Last I checked, my owned operators from MWII (battle.net) weren't available on Steam, other than the ones purchased from the store.

Last edited:

Danknugz

my experience so far

1. install the game(s) required taking up almost 200 gb and then another 17 gb update
2. greeted at the main menu by some dude wearing lingerie
3. matched up with what looked like level 700 players with all kinds of flashy camos with rgb lights and shit

hinch7

my experience so far

1. install the game(s) required taking up almost 200 gb and then another 17 gb update
2. greeted at the main menu by some dude wearing lingerie
3. matched up with what looked like level 700 players with all kinds of flashy camos with rgb lights and shit
Coming from last, some of worst skins this season. With only the Samurai one just okay.

clarky

Gold Member
I don't know where to play this anymore. I'm on PC and mostly care about Warzone but will need the base games to level weapons.

I own everything until MWII on battle.net.
MWIII will be on Game Pass, as will BLOPS 6.
Steam is preferred since I use it for most other games.

Guess I need to play via the Xbox app going forward. Last I checked, my owned operators from MWII (battle.net) weren't available on Steam, other than the ones purchased from the store.
FYI you can link all your accounts if you have not done so already then everything from MWII and III will be on your accoutn sans credits they stay on the platform you bought them on.

I play on steam just now and will stay there for warzone Resurgence i think but BLOPS via Gamepass. Then again a might just buy it on steam to save the hassle.

Last edited:

nikos

FYI you can link all your accounts if you have not done so already then everything from MWII and III will be on your accoutn sans credits they stay on the platform you bought them on.

I play on steam just now and will stay there for warzone Resurgence i think but BLOPS via Gamepass. Then again a might just buy it on steam to save the hassle.

I've linked platforms but operators, other than the ones I've purchased in store, aren't usable in Warzone. Multiplayer modes also aren't playable because I technically don't own MWII or MWIII on Steam. Also COD points, as you mentioned, which is fine. Everything else seems to sync.

When BLOPS releases, I'm assuming it'll be the same deal. If we get it on Game Pass, we'll have to play it via Xbox app and its operators/multiplayer modes won't be accessible on Steam, even if the accounts are linked.

clarky

Gold Member
I've linked platforms but operators, other than the ones I've purchased in store, aren't usable in Warzone. Multiplayer modes also aren't playable because I technically don't own MWII or MWIII on Steam. Also COD points, as you mentioned, which is fine. Everything else seems to sync.

When BLOPS releases, I'm assuming it'll be the same deal. If we get it on Game Pass, we'll have to play it via Xbox app and its operators/multiplayer modes won't be accessible on Steam, even if the accounts are linked.
Yeah that's how it works unfortunately, its cross progression but not cross buy.

Everything will get reset come BLOPs anyway apart from the operator skins you've bought they will stay in warzone ( i think).

normally I would say there isn't any, but the kar98k introduced in season 4 is pure cancer.

Huh… I googled a tier list and this is what I got:

75Pu5xI.jpeg

Isn’t the SVA the AR you get at the start? Maybe I am mistaken. That gun seems weak AF. I get so many hits but people don’t go down then they turn and mow me down in one second. Maybe it’s the attachments. Kar was #14 on this list.

But then I looked at another result, and the Kar is #2 behind the MCW.

splattered

Meta guns are constantly changing... nerfs and buffs all over the place. You kinda just ride the wave of constant new meta guns constantly changing your load out and have fun with it.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeesh. Shows you how rampant it is. I've also had some crazy lag every few mp games on PS5 where I completely lose control of my character.

Hard to say if it's the servers being hammered or people on gamepass cheating.
Why on earth would it have anything to do with gamepass?

Top Bottom