• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barakov

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Martin Jones Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Huh… I googled a tier list and this is what I got:

75Pu5xI.jpeg

Isn’t the SVA the AR you get at the start? Maybe I am mistaken. That gun seems weak AF. I get so many hits but people don’t go down then they turn and mow me down in one second. Maybe it’s the attachments. Kar was #14 on this list.

But then I looked at another result, and the Kar is #2 behind the MCW.
I tried the SVA the other day and it sucked balls. I just started with the MCW and it seems very good.

twilo99

Gold Member
I tried the SVA the other day and it sucked balls. I just started with the MCW and it seems very good.

Did you try it on burst?

I keep on auto but anything over 30 meters I manually shoot bursts of 3-4 bullets and it’s indeed very good.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I played for 3 days and got bored. I wonder if I'm just tired of online FPS games, or if it's because I felt like I've been playing the same Cod for years. I'm not sure if Black Ops 6 would change my mind. I probably wouldn't subscribe to gamepass just for Cod. I wonder if Cod managed to attract enough players for gamepass?

Danknugz

There are

Was chatting with Ybarra while he was still with Blizz and he said the newest problem they were combating was PC programs spoofing consoles allowing PCs, and their hacks, to get into console only lobbies

Not to mention the devices like the Cronus for consoles
yeah i tried setting it up to only match with other console players but it was too long th match make so i just said f it and let myself die all the time. i used to care way more about my kdr

Danknugz

low effort cel shaded maps, not even new ones just lazy reskins of existing maps? does anyone actually like them?

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Got the urge to play for the first time in a few weeks and now it's downloading 82 GB.
Yeah they just put out a mid season update and rearranged how the game downloads stuff

low effort cel shaded maps, not even new ones just lazy reskins of existing maps? does anyone actually like them?
I kind of like the cell shaded maps

Wouldn't want every map like that but its kind of a fun addition

Personal note completed this battlepass and no might stop playing it waiting for BO6 beta

Really like The Crow bundle but can't bring myself to buy something this late in its life cycle that wont carry over to BO6

Last edited:
I think it was and they pulled it but I dunno its probably something to do with black ops
Yeah this was the wukong driver, I've seen it being up and read the release notes, but now it's gone.
Really like The Crow bundle but can't bring myself to buy something this late in its life cycle that wont carry over to BO6
Same, there's like 3 bundles I would've gotten if there was at least some carry over (maybe no guns but only operators?), but there being zero carry over almost feels like just throwing away money.

clarky

Gold Member

Games had stellar support all year, clearly winding down now ready for BLOPS. im fine with it im kinda burnt out to be honest and need a break anyways.

Beta is next weekend and the next so i think that will be me pretty much done with III. Ive had a blast regardless of what some of the folk around these parts think of the game they've never played.

Ive even got Concord to see what all the fuss isn't about to cleanse the palate.

Last edited:

Danknugz

again, can't quote for some reason but yeah and also to HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 they're a nice addition and changes up things but i only started playing when it came to gamepass and it surprised me how much of this fruity stuff is in the game, whether it's these cel shaded maps, all the wacky skins with the RGB lights, or the cartoon operators, it definitely breaks the immersion for me and feels almost more like fortnite or over watch. i understand it's winding down but having last played years ago this kind of stuff seem cash-grabby to me. the seasons, cats vs fish, i mean ygtbsm, it's almost like what the hell happened to this game. i guess there's only so much you can do year after year but come on.

having come from VR and onward in the time when i stopped playing CoD, it's like a whole different planet? almost like flight of the navigator when the kid returns and everyone is changed and old. it would be nice to see them take the game more in the direction of realism instead of all this corny arcade stuff, maybe even add a VR mode? maybe i'm crazy for suggesting that.

Last edited:

kikkis

I feel like suck ass playing this compared to mw2. I feel like I am better at reacting and anticipating than maintaining aim on target.

clarky

Gold Member
again, can't quote for some reason but yeah and also to HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 they're a nice addition and changes up things but i only started playing when it came to gamepass and it surprised me how much of this fruity stuff is in the game, whether it's these cel shaded maps, all the wacky skins with the RGB lights, or the cartoon operators, it definitely breaks the immersion for me and feels almost more like fortnite or over watch. i understand it's winding down but having last played years ago this kind of stuff seem cash-grabby to me. the seasons, cats vs fish, i mean ygtbsm, it's almost like what the hell happened to this game. i guess there's only so much you can do year after year but come on.

having come from VR and onward in the time when i stopped playing CoD, it's like a whole different planet? almost like flight of the navigator when the kid returns and everyone is changed and old. it would be nice to see them take the game more in the direction of realism instead of all this corny arcade stuff, maybe even add a VR mode? maybe i'm crazy for suggesting that.

Its basically year 2 of MW2, you find things start out quite mil- sim skins wise and the further we go into a year the more whacky they get.

Some of the seasons have been brilliant content wise that you've missed. Some times 2,3 or even 4 new maps loads of modes weapons etc. I don't love some of the more weird skins but if they pay for the full year of content like we just got then i can look past them. To be honest COD is that fast at times i hardly notice them most of the time.

Also me in VR jumping and sliding my ass off everywhere would surely make me puke lol. Be nice for the campaign though for sure.

Danknugz

Its basically year 2 of MW2, you find things start out quite mil- sim skins wise and the further we go into a year the more whacky they get.

Some of the seasons have been brilliant content wise that you've missed. Some times 2,3 or even 4 new maps loads of modes weapons etc. I don't love some of the more weird skins but if they pay for the full year of content like we just got then i can look past them. To be honest COD is that fast at times i hardly notice them most of the time.

Also me in VR jumping and sliding my ass off everywhere would surely make me puke lol. Be nice for the campaign though for sure.
a VR mode would need to be changed to account for things like that, but let's be honest in a real war situation, most of the time soldiers aren't performing maneuvers like that unless it's a last second effort to get away from immediate peril like a live grenade or something. and even then they'd just be running, not sliding non their knees or other breakdance moves. just another example of how unrealistic the game has become.

it's a shame what happened to onward, player count is less than 100 daily players now. at one point it really felt like it was the future of FPS and the technology is there, just needs to be in the right hands with the right minds. playing that when it was good was amazing, you honestly felt like you were surviving/ fighting for your life, the sounds were super loud and realistic, the stealth factor and atmosphere were super intense and realistic, when you killed someone it felt like you actually killed them.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Damn, the new spear weapon is probably the most satisfying thing they released in mw3. Maybe ever. There’s nothing quite like collateral impaling 2 guys into a wall.
Played with a guy running the spear, shield and a gladiator looking skin and ran around the whole game yelling THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!

He went like 5-25 in hardcore TDM but he was amusing

Orbital2060

Cant believe I just bought the Cheech and Chong operators. Respect for bringing them into the game in such spectacular fashion.

And they look awesome, really well animated.

//DEVIL//

Really sucks we can't take our tokens with us

I get the operators not coming along since they want us buying new stuff but the tokens should carry over imo
what a cheap move. I can understand to a point why skins dont transfer, not same guns or operator, and they dont want the game to be over loaded with operators and guns not from that era / and also different engine.

but not to carry stupid tokens? that is just cheap.

Top Bottom