• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you Reset/Turn-off SCPH-50001 PS2 with new DVD remote during gameplay?

I understand that the latest official PS2 remote has power (and reset?) button(s) which work with the latest PS2 model SCPH-50001 (with the built-in IR reciever)... My question is: Can you use those buttons to reset the console while playing a game? I'm asking this since I'm using HDLoader with the memory card exploit, it would be nice if I could reset the PS2 without having to get up and push the button on the console itself (to select a different game from HDLoader menu)... So is it a yes or a no?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
It has a eject and a reset button(although you have to like hold the reset button down for like 2 secs to turn off the system). Press the reset button once to turn on the PS2 when in standby mode.

Miburou

I like to press the eject button on the remote while approaching my PS2, and arriving just as the disc gets ejected. I then take out the disc with one hand and follow it by pressing and holding the reset button with the other hand. By the time I've put the disc back in its case, the PS2 has just turned off.

Top Bottom