• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

espher

I was literally hitting F5 every ~2s, had it hang for ~30s, then it loaded and I clicked pre-order to have it say max count was already released.

How fucking few of these did they have? They should have just said "we have six" and I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Duran

Well that was stupid. I input all the info in the checkout, click Next and then it just reloaded the page. Couldn't get it in fast enough I guess. Did they limit quantities?

VfWXESA.jpg

If it's any consolation my local TRU yesterday just had like 50 Bowsers and not even any space out for the other Wave 3 amiibo.

Also interesting to note: ship to store was not an option for Rosalina, had to get it shipped direct.

There's no reason for Nintendo to not release more than they have. No idea what they're trying to do, other than provide an essential boon to the scalper market.

I know. :(

I just meant that as the current situation goes, you need to be very prepared and things like a credit card already saved to the website can give you the edge needed when stuff goes OOS in less than a minute.

ohlawd

Well that was stupid. I input all the info in the checkout, click Next and then it just reloaded the page. Couldn't get it in fast enough I guess. Did they limit quantities?

1 per person, I think

and if you know something's gonna go up at a certain time, best to be prepared by having your card info already saved on the site. I know some people have reservations with that but when everyone else has done the same, you wouldn't want to be slower than anyone else.

Renewed

Oh wow.... it actually did go up!!

I think it's a wrap everyone. At this rate, it'll be a bloodbath for Wave 4.

jholmes

VfWXESA.jpg

If it's any consolation my local TRU yesterday just had like 50 Bowsers and not even any space out for the other Wave 3 amiibo.

Also interesting to note: ship to store was not an option for Rosalina, had to get it shipped direct.

You should frame that. You got the world's only Rosalina sold online at EB Games.

CRA5H

I was literally in EB while this fiasco was happening. EB CSR couldn't even believe how fast it sold out. 30 damn seconds.

What is this? Free Justin Beiber tickets?

You should frame that. You got the world's only Rosalina sold online at EB Games.

I should probably go buy a lottery ticket because I'm never this lucky with this crap. Probably had a lot to do with me fixing my router the other day to speed up my Internet and having my credit card on file with my EB account.

ROSALINA ALERT - BRANTFORD, ON!

EBGames on King George St in Brantford has two Rosalinas in store.

I'm at work and they won't set one aside for me.

Good luck!

espher

Picked up an extra Dedede for a friend (or as trade bait if he gets one) and got my Super Mario Series pre-order in (that I thought I made yesterday and didn't -- oops!) -- so thanks for that heads up.

Duran

1 per person, I think

and if you know something's gonna go up at a certain time, best to be prepared by having your card info already saved on the site. I know some people have reservations with that but when everyone else has done the same, you wouldn't want to be slower than anyone else.

Well, it was the checkout page where you didn't have to input anything yet, just chose my shipping and the saved card. After clicking next you confirm your card info, but I couldn't even get there.

Between me checking out and trying to get the next page probably 5-10 seconds transpired, so I guess I was in the later portion of the 30 seconds it took to sell out.

Edit: lol missed 3D because I was writing up this post, fuck.

ohlawd

Well, it was the checkout page where you didn't have to input anything yet, just chose my shipping and the saved card. After clicking next you confirm your card info, but I couldn't even get there.

Between me checking out and trying to get the next page probably 5-10 seconds transpired, so I guess I was in the later portion of the 30 seconds it took to sell out.

oh I see. misread your old post. sorry

not to add more pressure but the list of retailers that haven't put up Rosie yet is getting smaller >_>

guses this will do instead of Rosalina

Got him, thanks.

YES WOOOH! GOT ONE!

Thank you, got one :)

Got one, I think. Thanks!

Thank you!!!!

Now just need to luck out on Shiek.

This is why I'm glad we have our own thread. <3

The DDD figure is AWESOME. I was tempted to pick up an extra for my son, but held off. Good to see people able to cross him off their list now.

espher

I might end up having an extra Dedede if my friend doesn't need this one and would be open to trading for Lucario, Toad, or (ofc) Rosalina, even if they end up getting a 2nd run, fwiw.

The heck. Rosalina already out on EBGames website ?

~30s. I really wish they'd just start doing lotteries for these things.

ahdurian

The heck. Rosalina already out on EBGames website ?

IN 30 SECONDS

aLso, if anyone is in Toronto, the Queen-Spadina store is supposed to get some in today, but they're not sure when their shipment will actually be in.
asked if he could hold one for me, but said naw bruh

CRA5H

I knew this would happen eventually...

I popped by TRU just to inquire about Lucario on Friday. This guy follows me in, looking shady, and stands close enough to hear my conversation. After my discussion with the CSR, he asks me which ones I'm looking for and proceeds to try and sell me some.. For insane prices. I told him "you're out of your damn mind. Get an actual job." And. I left the store. Even the CSR gave him a look after he heard him trying to sell me Amiibos.

I feel like I'm outside the ACC surrounded by scalpers. Might as well start yelling: "Amiibos here! Get your Amiibos!"

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone in Ottawa need Sheik, Dedede or Toon Link? Shoot me a PM.

Also, how did this thread get to ten pages before I even noticed it? lol

I knew this would happen eventually...

I popped by TRU just to inquire about Lucario on Friday. This guy follows me in, looking shady, and stands close enough to hear my conversation. After my discussion with the CSR, he asks me which ones I'm looking for and proceeds to try and sell me some.. For insane prices. I told him "you're out of your damn mind. Get an actual job." And. I left the store. Even the CSR gave him a look after he heard him trying to sell me Amiibos.

I feel like I'm outside the ACC surrounded by scalpers. Might as well start yelling: "Amiibos here! Get your Amiibos!"

Subtle. And incredibly scummy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone in Ottawa need Sheik, Dedede or Toon Link? Shoot me a PM.

Also, how did this thread get to ten pages before I even noticed it? lol
I'd buy a Sheik if you'd be willing to ship, but I assume that's not really in the cards. lol

Top Bottom