• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know the sad shit about this is that wave 4 is only going to get worse. Amazon.co.uk orders sell out in a few minutes, so I can't even imagine what will happen when all the other stores start doing it.

ahdurian

Only 2 people got her from EB's website, don't feel too bad. Check your local store's stock, apparently some stores have her.

on the site, all stores are showing sold out lol
might be better just to call in and check as they'll probably have more updated info/stock

Bass260

The EBgames at Dundas and Yonge (Toronto) already had a group of people waiting for Rosalina. Just waiting for the god damn shipment to arrive. The Amiibo craze is indeed real.

evanmisha

Who cares when you livin' on the RAZOR'S EDGE

Seriously, have fun with the game. Good deal there.

Yeah, scoped it out after someone mentioned looking for something to fill the cart out with to qualify for free shipping.

You know the sad shit about this is that wave 4 is only going to get worse. Amazon.co.uk orders sell out in a few minutes, so I can't even imagine what will happen when all the other stores start doing it.

I just hope we get some warning. I'd be heartbroken to wake up and find out a major Canadian retailer sold out of pre-orders without my even hearing about it.

mdubs

Banned

This is why i'm keeping my Dedede and Rosalina sealed just in case I need to trade one of them for a Lucina or Zero Suit Samus

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it's insane. lol

If not for that FS thing that happened the other day, I'd probably be much more stressed out about it than I am now.

I knew this would happen eventually...

I popped by TRU just to inquire about Lucario on Friday. This guy follows me in, looking shady, and stands close enough to hear my conversation. After my discussion with the CSR, he asks me which ones I'm looking for and proceeds to try and sell me some.. For insane prices. I told him "you're out of your damn mind. Get an actual job." And. I left the store. Even the CSR gave him a look after he heard him trying to sell me Amiibos.

I feel like I'm outside the ACC surrounded by scalpers. Might as well start yelling: "Amiibos here! Get your Amiibos!"

Scalping in real life is a whole 'nother level of craziness, disgusting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just hope we get some warning. I'd be heartbroken to wake up and find out a major Canadian retailer sold out of pre-orders without my even hearing about it.
I'm not even risking waiting for Canada. If I can get it locally, great, but I'm okay paying extra to get one.

Although Japanese sites are scalping the fuck out of them. lol

This is why i'm keeping my Dedede and Rosalina sealed just in case I need to trade one of them for a Lucina or Zero Suit Samus
Hah, that makes sense. I have a Little Mac that I sort of could keep or save that serves the same purpose.

Duran

So last chance for Rosalina is now Walmart?

TRU already got theirs instores so I don't think they'll be doing online.

Wow. That feeling I'm getting over trying to secure Wave 4. Nintendo better pump up the quantities for these.

And now with people picking up extras for future trades...yowsers. That's something that never happened with Skylanders (to my knowledge) and my understanding is that Disney Infinity is readily available.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Dedede is a super cool figure. It's shorter than a lot of them, but it's super heavy. The paint job on mine is a bit suspect, but I'm not a big stickler for slight imperfections.

espher

Wow. That feeling I'm getting over trying to secure Wave 4. Nintendo better pump up the quantities for these.

And now with people picking up extras for future trades...yowsers. That's something that never happened with Skylanders (to my knowledge) and my understanding is that Disney Infinity is readily available.

It's crazy, but... I'd have no shot at a Rosalina if I hadn't by happenstance picked up a spare Mac for a friend of mine when my TRU had one (they actually had 5, and I bought 3... in hindsight I should have gotten all five), so I'm trying to hedge by bets by getting extras when possible.

I'm tempted to keep my sealed Wave 3 NA that I was planning to open as a second sealed set for trades, too, and trying to import them... which is absolutely ridiculous sounding.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's crazy, but... I'd have no shot at a Rosalina if I hadn't by happenstance picked up a spare Mac for a friend of mine when my TRU had one (they actually had 5, and I bought 3... in hindsight I should have gotten all five), so I'm trying to hedge by bets by getting extras when possible.

I'm tempted to keep my sealed Wave 3 NA that I was planning to open as a second sealed set for trades, too, and trying to import them... which is absolutely ridiculous sounding.
I hate Nintendo. lol

And I'm not even trying to collect them all. I'm not even going to bother with the fabled last wave full of obscure characters like Game and Watch. It'll be a bloodbath for those.

So how would you go about finding out when preorders are happening with Wave 4? All I want is Charizard and Wario.
I'd do this if you really want Wario and can afford it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SSU65QC/

I got a Lucina this way (still missed out on others), but it's one thing less I need to think about. Shipping is about 5 pounds to Canada.

RaidenXZ

Everyone in the other Amiibo thread are discussing buying from amazon.ca for American addresses. Looks like we're going to have an even worse time trying to get wave 4 if Americans and any other international shoppers start buying from our online stores. Ta

Tl;dr- theres a storm coming

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everyone in the other Amiibo thread are discussing buying from amazon.ca for American addresses. Looks like we're going to have an even worse time trying to get wave 4 if Americans and any other international shoppers start buying from our online stores. Ta

Tl;dr- theres a storm coming
Apparently they don't ship to the US, according to someone in that thread.

I had no idea that Amazon,co,jp doesn't ship internationally either for amiibos, so dope.

I hate Nintendo. lol

And I'm not even trying to collect them all. I'm not even going to bother with the fabled last wave full of obscure characters like Game and Watch. It'll be a bloodbath for those.

I'd do this if you really want Wario and can afford it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SSU65QC/

I got a Lucina this way (still missed out on others), but it's one thing less I need to think about. Shipping is about 5 pounds to Canada.

So CDN $34 shipped to Ontario? No customs or anything else?

I cant believe im actually considering this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So CDN $34 shipped to Ontario? No customs or anything else?

I cant believe im actually considering this.
I've ordered from UK a few times and haven't had to pay. But YMMV on that stuff.

And yeah, it sucks. Of course if I can get a local order, I will. But it's still better than paying the inevitable 50 dollar scalper prices.

explodet

The only ones I really want left are Ganondorf and Duck Hunt, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to go to Europeland like I have earlier, if it's come to this.

espher

So what are the best options for importing Rosalina & Luma? I'm looking for a copy I'm going to bust open and use so I'm not picky about packaging...

Banned
Toronto GAF. EB Games sherway got a shipment of Wave 3 today including Rosalina. I'm stuck at work but eb North Queen manager told me this. She's my friend and source lol.

You are now somebody's hero :] if he won't take it, I'd be interested

haha, i'll have an extra meta knight too for anyone who wants one. cost plus shipping usually equates to about $30-35, depending on where it goes. Canada Post is the fucking worst.

oh, i have a little mac and Wii Fit Trainer too. Cost plus shipping

edit All spoken for

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty fitting that I was in Winnipeg when Rosalina launched in the US... and now I'm here when she's out there. Dammit all to hell.

Draysoth

anyone else have an extra shulk for cost plus shipping? if so, I can swap an LE Majoras Mask (game) for cost plus shipping in swap!

haha, i'll have an extra meta knight too for anyone who wants one. cost plus shipping usually equates to about $30-35, depending on where it goes. Canada Post is the fucking worst.

oh, i have a little mac and Wii Fit Trainer too. Cost plus shipping

Those are severely tempting... But I think I'm going to start limiting myself to the ones I truly do want, as opposed to collecting all of them. If you had a Falcon, I'd be all over that :p I am interested in the Shulk, but the member you offered it to has first rights to your offer.
TRU probably received

Not my local one (as of yesterday), but I'll have to double check today and maybe get a few for some GAFfers here

ohlawd

the TRU near Central City told me they started selling wave 3 on Monday >_<

yeah man all online for me lols

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
St. Vital EB in Winnipeg has one Rosalina left in stock. Was hoping they could hold it until my wife got out of work but they said they can't. Frown.

Top Bottom