• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Duran

haha, i'll have an extra meta knight too for anyone who wants one. cost plus shipping usually equates to about $30-35, depending on where it goes. Canada Post is the fucking worst.

oh, i have a little mac and Wii Fit Trainer too. Cost plus shipping

I'll take them all! Will PM.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You know, as much as Future Shop dicked us around a bit at least it was realistically possible to get a Rosalina
And if FS put her up at noon like everyone wanted then they would've had the same problems.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Although to be fair, if it wasn't for the dude on GAF, we'd all be fucked. lol
I apparently fell asleep like 15 minutes before the link was posted. And woke up like 5 minutes before she went up on Best Buy. I have been so fucking close on like 5 occasions and I keep missing out.

Duran

I apparently fell asleep like 15 minutes before the link was posted. And woke up like 5 minutes before she went up on Best Buy. I have been so fucking close on like 5 occasions and I keep missing out.

You couldn't get the one on Best Buy? That one was up for the longest ~10-15 minutes before selling out.

ahdurian

Queen-Spadina location apparently was only getting two in stock
two people waiting there for an hour when I got there
Good luck to you Amiibros!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
You couldn't get the one on Best Buy? That one was up for the longest ~10-15 minutes before selling out.
I woke up a few minutes before it went up, and went back to sleep since it was already sold out on FS. It was like 5 in the morning here so I was wiped. I slept like shit all night haha.

It was up for an hour on Target.com in the US, coinciding with my hour long nap because I was up until 5 in the morning refreshing the site hoping to order one. Then the one that was held for me back in the States on my drive home was gone when I got in. The note on it was on the floor, the figure was gone, even though it still showed in stock on their stock checkers. So I assume someone swiped it? Awesome.

ahdurian

Toronto GAF. EB Games sherway got a shipment of Wave 3 today including Rosalina. I'm stuck at work but eb North Queen manager told me this. She's my friend and source lol.

dammit i live near there but im going to yoga after work....=/

Wait, how does this work exactly? I never followed Skylanders is this something they did? Like are the gold and silver variations considered "rare" versions of the regular Mario amiibo or are they simply a new Amiibo in the Super Mario line?

No details that I've come across yet but yeah...they'll likely be rare variants.

espher

Per a friend of mine, EB @ Regent Mall in F'ton, NB received Wave 3 and sold out (possibly just of Rosalina, didn't confirm which she was asking about), while TRU still hasn't gotten anything.

Wait, how does this work exactly? I never followed Skylanders is this something they did? Like are the gold and silver variations considered "rare" versions of the regular Mario amiibo or are they simply a new Amiibo in the Super Mario line?

looks like they took down the link - anyone capture any images?

lW9rbAO_zpspfkarzvt.jpg

kILaGGH_zpsdvrjx3v2.jpg

beta_fuse

Why do I feel those will be Club Nintendo rewards? Platinum/Gold? Whatever, Nintendo's gotta get in on this rare market even more.

Pretty sure Nintendo already made an announcement saying that the gold/platinum rewards this year will be all digital.

ohlawd

Can I go with the cheapest shipping and feel safe? >_>

edit: fucking whatever, I only live once. About $31 CAD when all's said and done

ohlawd

Yeah, I was thinking about it. Around $40 w/ shipping, though...

dammit you guys. now I feel kinda shit about this WFT thing. 31 bucks I said

and if I miss out on Lucina here and have to keep my UK order, that's another 31 bucks

smh

Top Bottom