• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

so any guesses on what store silver Mario will be at? or if it will be even exclusive at all. Kinda weird they did not announce it with the gold one

For anyone in the GVR, Daiso (a type of dollar store) sells display boxes. Not sure if they'll fit Amiibos.

Here are some of the dimensions:

All measurements in cm, width*depth*height

23*13.3*13.4

34.5*10.2*9.3

8.5*8.4*10

21*7*8

16.9*8.4*10

They range in price from $2-6.

Sora_N

For anyone in the GVR, Daiso (a type of dollar store) sells display boxes. Not sure if they'll fit Amiibos.

Here are some of the dimensions:

All measurements in cm, width*depth*height

23*13.3*13.4

34.5*10.2*9.3

8.5*8.4*10

21*7*8

16.9*8.4*10

They range in price from $2-6.

Yeah you can use them as fake risers lol.

Spike

so any guesses on what store silver Mario will be at? or if it will be even exclusive at all. Kinda weird they did not announce it with the gold one

Club Nintendo exclusive gift for the members who achieved Platinum status every year since its inception?

Amazon?

GtwoK

Sooooo now that Ness has been sort of released / slowly showing up in Europe... does Nintendo plan to put up preorders for NA anytime soon

Sooooo now that Ness has been sort of released / slowly showing up in Europe... does Nintendo plan to put up preorders for NA anytime soon
It hasn't been sort of released, retailers haven't got their hands on shipments yet.
The Chinese eBay called "Taobao" recently had it listed. Probably a person stealing from the manufacture or a counterfeit (most likely a counterfeit).

espher

The lack of Wave 4 pre-orders is killing me. Is it more or less unofficially confirmed that it's not gonna be a thing? I have no retail outlets except Walmart in close proximity to me. :/

Brofield

I can't really make a new thread about this, as it's pure speculation at this point and could easily be talking out my ass, but here's what I've just heard.

My friend owns a video game stall in a flea market. As such, he deals directly with shipping vendors and built himself a solid network of people, both in customers and colleagues. Those are his credentials, and why I'm willing to trust him.

He mentioned this to me since he knows that I'm collecting amiibos: it turns out Nintendo has no plans to make figurines for the remaining characters.

That means that Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt Dog, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Bowser Jr/Koopalings, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, R.O.B., Greninja, Falco, Dr. Mario and Olimar will only be accessible via NFC cards.

IF this is true...I feel so bad for those who were looking to have a complete collection while fighting dickless scalpers to display in pristine glory.

At the same time, if you guys are indicative of the fading amiibo popularity, Nintendo might want to cash out quickly because building it on a project of this scale could easily have been outside their scope.

I dunno, I just figured I should give you the guys the heads up. It certainly sounds plausible to me, though I dearly hope I'm wrong.

jholmes

With 3D printers Nintendo could make 20 of each of those and sell them at a profit so I do not believe that at all. Plus there's no way Nintendo never makes a Ganon figure, and I'd think Jigglypuff would be an easy sell too.

GtwoK

That doesn't even sound slightly possible

What reason would Nintendo have to skip characters like Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and ZSS that would no doubt sell like hotcakes? And why the hell would the UPS guy know about it

zroid

Banned
I would say that even if the information is accurate, "not having plans" isn't the same as "not doing"

usually it's just code for "we're not ready to talk about that yet"

I can't really make a new thread about this, as it's pure speculation at this point and could easily be talking out my ass, but here's what I've just heard.

My friend owns a video game stall in a flea market. As such, he deals directly with shipping vendors and built himself a solid network of people, both in customers and colleagues. Those are his credentials, and why I'm willing to trust him.

He mentioned this to me since he knows that I'm collecting amiibos: it turns out Nintendo has no plans to make figurines for the remaining characters.

That means that Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt Dog, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Bowser Jr/Koopalings, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, R.O.B., Greninja, Falco, Dr. Mario and Olimar will only be accessible via NFC cards.

IF this is true...I feel so bad for those who were looking to have a complete collection while fighting dickless scalpers to display in pristine glory.

At the same time, if you guys are indicative of the fading amiibo popularity, Nintendo might want to cash out quickly because building it on a project of this scale could easily have been outside their scope.

I dunno, I just figured I should give you the guys the heads up. It certainly sounds plausible to me, though I dearly hope I'm wrong.
Duck Hunt Dog or we riot.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty sure he's trying to turn you away from his shop so he can keep all they amiibo.

EDIT: Frap pls I thought this was the main thread. Uh...Hi Canada!

i-Jest

Interesting theory. I'll only believe it when I hear it directly from Nintendo though.

mdubs

Banned
Funny, you're saying the same thing my uncle who works at Nintendo is saying...

No Falco, Ganondorf or ZSS amiibo? I don't believe that.

ohlawd

if I see anyone quote a long ass post and leave only one sentence in response again, I will steal ALL THEIR AMIIBOS

Yup, a flea market reseller and some shipping dude are going to know about Nintendo's future production, totally. Even though people in corporate for the big retailers are saying they don't get to order anything and just sell whatever Nintendo sends them.

Nintendo's new corporate motto should be...

Nintendo...Where we don't want to succeed.

Iwata Believes Amiibo Sales Could be Stronger in Japan

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/0...be-stronger-in-japan-says-nintendo-president/

Just send them over to NA instead!

Iwata also explains why Amiibo figurines all cost the same, despite the fact that some are clearly more expensive to manufacture than others. He said to investors: “Since setting different price points could be misinterpreted as the company valuing certain characters more than others, we came to the decision to set an MSRP that would return a profit from the Amiibo platform as a whole.”

That doesn't make any sense, especially with super popular characters like Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Olimar being left out. No disrespect to your friend, but I feel like if that were the case we would have heard it from some strong leaks by now.

Brofield

For all I know, him/I are just talking out our asses. Maybe I'm just spreading false info to get everyone paranoid. Maybe his insider information is coming from someone else's uncle who works at Nintendo. But given how long amiibos are on the production lines for so (relative) few produced and shipped, plus how long they're delaying the wave 4 pre-orders, they might just be tired of dealing with them and want to focus on a new line of amiibos.

Yes, these are the rare characters that sell like hotcakes, and Nintendo will misinterpret that as being lesser known characters who won't be as well known. Olimar I could easily see becoming a SS tier rarity. Game and Watch might be difficult to recreate as a 3D model when the gimmick is to be 2D. Their "attempt" to curb scalping will be again be misinterpreted as people wanting the NFC chip instead of the actual figurine.

I'm just so burned on amiibos by now that my default expectations of Nintendo is to somehow screw it up more.

Maximus.

Just received my shipment from Walmart with Megaman and Sonic. After I ordered them online when they randomly popped up, I ended up seeing them in every store I walked into. They look great!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
qNLfOe7.png

Top Bottom