• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

qNLfOe7.png

OMG, time to watch listing like a hawk! I'm NOT missing him this time!

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm guessing retailers are rethinking their strategies. They would rather put stock in store to create that door crasher experience. Not sure about amazon.ca They seem to be cancelling orders by the dozen.

espher

I'm more happy about that than I'm frustrated. These past few weeks absent of Amiibo madness have been very refreshing.

Yeah, I haven't been obsessively checking this thread like I was at the tail end of Wave 3... but I feel like this is calm-before-the-storm territory.

Sora_N

I'm more happy about that than I'm frustrated. These past few weeks absent of Amiibo madness have been very refreshing.

At least my sleepness nights aren't related to Amiibos, sleeping easy in that regard since I got the ones I wanted from AmiAmi. :/

EDIT:

From the other thread.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0303.html

Nintendo (Japan) will restock Villager, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and 'other's in May.

GtwoK

At least my sleepness nights aren't related to Amiibos, sleeping easy in that regard since I got the ones I wanted from AmiAmi. :/

EDIT:

From the other thread.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0303.html

Nintendo (Japan) will restock Villager, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and 'other's in May.

Goddamnit, WHY

They still HAVE some stock there in stores!

Do NOA really have their heads so far up their own asses that they don't see the necessity for a reprint here?

Kade

I don't think ANY stores here got Ike or Pit. Prices are only going up now as well so it might be time to finally give up on those two.

Kade

Uhhhh you're like 3 months late on Pit.

Ike has been up off and on on Amazon UK so keep an eye out.

I'm aware about Pit. I've called every place that sells Amiibos here that I know of (pretty small city) and they all claim they've never had him shipped in, despite some stores having pre-orders for him. I was hoping it was just a late shipment situation but yeah, he's just not arriving. One place got Ike but only enough for those who had pre-ordered at that location specifically. I had pre-orders for the two at a few stores but none of them were fulfilled unfortunately. Ike's the cheapest of the two online so I might just buy him anyways.

c-murph

I would love for Walmart to have an abundant amount of the gold Mario Amiibo just to screw over the people who are paying the stupid amounts for preorders on eBay.

They can only be as abundant as the most abundant amiibo was... Which still really isn't a lot.

Banned
I think I've gotten to the point where I don't care anymore. I'm debating between selling them or perhaps trading them in. Nintendo switching to card based amiibos for ones I don't have is just disappointing. The store exclusivity and limited supply is frustrating. I'm missing all the limited print ones and even the store exclusive ones are never restocked.

Sora_N

I think I've gotten to the point where I don't care anymore. I'm debating between selling them or perhaps trading them in. Nintendo switching to card based amiibos for ones I don't have is just disappointing. The store exclusivity and limited supply is frustrating. I'm missing all the limited print ones and even the store exclusive ones are never restocked.

Nintendo killed its own hype as usual.

I think Nintendo is losing a lot of momentum. People are just stuck waiting. Had pretty orders gone up, at least they could still have people hooked as they anticipate the next wave. The fact that people can't actively take part in collecting these right now (assuming they are caught up) is leaving a lot of people thinking like you I believe.

tiijj

I think it's the opposite for me. I actually became a little interested about the cards, yes it will suck if they didn't complete the smash line up but I think I might like the cards or some sort of medal/token like the one from disney or those medals (but nfc) from youkai watch.

I might be one of the minority who anticipates the card/medal/token (basically non-figure amiibo)

I do agree about the store exclusives.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm just glad I'm not into Amiibos with the desire to find them all. I just want the ones I find interesting, mostly characters that probably won't be available as a figure by other means. If I felt like I needed to collect them all, I'd probably go mad.

Sora_N

I'm just glad I'm not into Amiibos with the desire to find them all. I just want the ones I find interesting, mostly characters that probably won't be available as a figure by other means. If I felt like I needed to collect them all, I'd probably go mad.

At this point, I think except for Duck Hunt I wouldn't be too upset if I missed anything.

This is ONLY because I got Lucina, Robin and Ness from AmiAmi. If I didn't, then I wouldn't feel the same way.

I'm more or less done with possible hard to find characters I care about, because Jigglypuff and Greninja will probably not be too hard to find.

Daigr

Toon Link available in store at Walmart in Oshawa at king and townline.

Not sure how hard this one is to find but a heads up

Anth0ny

just realized amazon.fr cancelled my shulk amiibo for some unknown reason

ahahaahahahahaaha

don't even care anymore. I want Charizard, Puff maybe Doc and Pac Man and I'm out.

Begbie

Has there been anything if Nintendo Canada is going to reduce the MSRP of some commons like they have in the States? The Mario Party line will be launching in a couple weeks but all the shelf space is still taken up by the original Peach amiibos

Top Bottom