• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Stage On

Hmmm. So much down time. What to do. Collect the whole set over again...from a different region?!?!?!

Eh downtime happens when collecting these type of things. It's a good thing since it gives people time to catch up if they are behind or to simply not overwhelm them by releasing too many at once.

Too many waves in quick succession breaks the dam and all that.

GtwoK

Probably should return the extra Megaman and sonics I bought for trade purposes while it's still within the refund date, shouldn't I? Don't suppose I'm gonna be able to trade much with those...

zroid

Banned
Didn't know Mega Man became so common... just walked into an EB because I was passing by and they had at least 12 or more.

Weiss

Banned
Didn't know Mega Man became so common... just walked into an EB because I was passing by and they had at least 12 or more.

Ha. And after I stressed so much over finding him.

Be nice if Shulk, Meta Knight, and Ike had the same good fortune >_>

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Game Mania (Toronto) just got some Japanese Dedede in. Apparently charging $35 for him, according to Facebook. Yikes..

zUlWTjQ.jpg

Maximus.

Still waiting for my Ike to arrive from Amazon UK...I ordered some other stuff from there two that came in a separate shipment and it arrived early in the week. Hoping nothing is wrong with my Ike shipment...

Renewed

Cancelled my Toad and Luigi, as well as my Mario Party 10 bunde pre-order. I've had enough time to mull over if I want them or not and I'm busy enough with MonHun and Xenoblade coming soon.

I think it's more of I don't have a huge love for all of Nintendo characters. Mario Party will always be there and I can grab any Mario and use it. And yes, my love of Toad isn't massive.

Sora_N

Cancelled my Toad and Luigi, as well as my Mario Party 10 bunde pre-order. I've had enough time to mull over if I want them or not and I'm busy enough with MonHun and Xenoblade coming soon.

I think it's more of I don't have a huge love for all of Nintendo characters. Mario Party will always be there and I can grab any Mario and use it. And yes, my love of Toad isn't massive.

I canceled my Toad too, I decided I don't want Captain Toad anymore.

I don't want Amiibos I can't even use, if he will be usable in a game other than that and MP they will restock him anyways.

Never liked Toad, was caught up in the hype.

zroid

Banned

I think I'm going to keep Toad, but I'll probably return Luigi. Running low on funds.

I wish it was a Captain Toad amiibo

Renewed

I canceled my Toad too, I decided I don't want Captain Toad anymore.

I don't want Amiibos I can't even use, if he will be usable in a game other than that and MP they will restock him anyways.

Never liked Toad, was caught up in the hype.

I stuck with the "get the characters I like" mentality. But eventually with the fear of scarcity I went for pre-orders to at least determine if I care for these rares.

Might as well save my money for if Nintendo ever releases those Splatoon amiibos because I actually have an earnest interest in that.

I think I'm going to keep Toad, but I'll probably return Luigi. Running low on funds.

I wish it was a Captain Toad amiibo

I'd understand the allure of a Captain Toad amiibo (I enjoy the game too). But plain Toad doesn't feel remarkable.

More or less, I'm just banking on Nintendo holding true to their statement of these being widely available.

zroid

Banned
So are Megaman and/or Sonic rare at all?

Found that at Walmart. I'll ask the other Amiibo thread too.

At first it seemed like they'd be rare...

then it seemed like they'd be merely uncommon...

now they seem to be everywhere, haha

Sora_N

I stuck with the "get the characters I like" mentality. But eventually with the fear of scarcity I went for pre-orders to at least determine if I care for these rares.

Might as well save my money for if Nintendo ever releases those Splatoon amiibos because I actually have an earnest interest in that.

I'd understand the allure of a Captain Toad amiibo (I enjoy the game too). But plain Toad doesn't feel remarkable.

More or less, I'm just banking on Nintendo holding true to their statement of these being widely available.

Trying to keep my wallet open for Smash ones. Maybe I'll stop after.

I don't get the whole let's only talk when there's updates on pre-orders or stocks. This is an amiibo discussion thread, or are we gonna have to make another thread? Hahahaha

I don't get the whole let's only talk when there's updates on pre-orders or stocks. This is an amiibo discussion thread, or are we gonna have to make another thread? Hahahaha

Discuss. Personally I always have a tab opened to this thread so I don't exactly go into a panic if it gets bumped up on the main page.

Sidenote. With me helping my son collect amiibos, I've now got the collecting itch again and have begun collecting Funko's Mystery Minis. Scooped up most of the Game Of Thrones figures now. Got the SDCC In Memoriam set, and just placed an order for a case of series 2. I said I'd never buy them without knowing what I'm getting but heck...that rule crashed and burned apparently.

Best part about Mystery Minis? You HAVE to open them if you want to know what you got!!! No more packaging paranoia (just sloppy paint aps but...I digress).

Sora_N

Huh...so weird that Mario line Bowser is sold out on Futureshop's site, maybe there's less of him.

I don't reallyyyyyy want 2 Bowsers so I only got the Smash one.

EDIT: Also on EB's site.

levyjl1988

Banned
Hmmm. So much down time. What to do. Collect the whole set over again...from a different region?!?!?!

The calm before the storm. Wave 4 is upon us and it will be hell.
New challenges to face:

-Unexpected rarity for amiibos
-Unexpected date for when preorders will arrive
-More competition: New amiibo collectors and scalpers
-Limit one per customer and lack of availability of importing due to high demand.

People are recovering and patching up those wallets and bank accounts.
The storm will hit soon and people are recovering from the past waves.

I like to imagine as amiibo collectors on a boat in the middle of the ocean and each amiibo wave is a tidal wave either to knock people of their boats. If they got knocked off they have to find a way to climb back in (by collecting amiibo, ones they miss they have to pay ridiculous prices to scalpers).

My wallet isn't ready yet though.

Sora_N

Best Buy's email says the Mario Amiibos are available March 27, lol.

But the page for Bowser, Luigi and Peach say March 20.

Nice job Best Buy.

Top Bottom