• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

lionpants

I've started a LINE group for Canada specifically. If you want to come join the chat and think you can contribute to in stock notifications (and have a mobile device) download LINE now and send me a PM. I'll toss you an invite.

http://line.me/en/

When creating your LINE account, please use your NeoGAF username and avatar. Thanks!

Mystery MP10 Mario Amiibo in Target Systems

Likely the single unit Mario one, street dated for April 3rd. Exclusive to the bundle for 2ish weeks.

yDXUPSX.jpg

March 20th is going to suck

I have all SMB Wave 1 pre-ordered with EB Games, along with the Mario bundle, and then Gold Mario will be in store at Wal Mart.

I am hoping I can get Gold Mario when they open at 7am, and then get to EB Games before they open at 9am (right after Wal Mart, so hopefully by 8am so I can be first in line) for the others so I can pick another if the box or figure is in poor condition.

It begins again next Friday!

lionpants

March 20th is going to suck

I have all SMB Wave 1 pre-ordered with EB Games, along with the Mario bundle, and then Gold Mario will be in store at Wal Mart.

I am hoping I can get Gold Mario when they open at 7am, and then get to EB Games before they open at 9am (right after Wal Mart, so hopefully by 8am so I can be first in line) for the others so I can pick another if the box or figure is in poor condition.

It begins again next Friday!
Ya, I got burned on Lucario so I will be waiting at my Walmart super early. Thankfully I have MH4 to burn the time.

My girlfriend just told me she want a Toad amiibo. Was there some pre-order somewhere that I missed? Because I don't remember seeing Toad available somewhere yet.

purelunatic

Neo Member
Didn't someone say there was a way around that? Using Paypal or something?

I know you can get certain companies to ship it to you. So you give Walmart their address and then when they get it they ship it across the border to you. But from what I could see they're quite pricey.

Didn't someone say there was a way around that? Using Paypal or something?

I know you can get certain companies to ship it to you. So you give Walmart their address and then when they get it they ship it across the border to you. But from what I could see they're quite pricey.

Yes there is a way. I did it for Gold Mario.

Using a forwarding service will get the order cancelled, I used this:
http://www.rydensborderstore.com/parcel-service.html

It is a border store, you just use your name and their address, so it won't raise any flags when ordering online. However, if there is no border store nearby you then it won't really work. This one is a 40 minute drive away, many people I know do this and go there regularly, so sometimes I don't even go and get someone to get my parcels for me.

To pay just use PayPal, your Canadian credit card and billing address is done through PayPal so it doesn't raise any flags through the online retailer (Wal Mart in this case).

My order has yet to be cancelled and I called to confirm it as well.

I used a forwarding service before, it's pretty nice. But I don't think Toad is worth a 3h+ drive. Let's hope I can eventually get my hand on one.

Sora_N

I've started a LINE group for Canada specifically. If you want to come join the chat and think you can contribute to in stock notifications (and have a mobile device) download LINE now and send me a PM. I'll toss you an invite.

When creating your LINE account, please use your NeoGAF username and avatar. Thanks!

I would join but last time I used LINE my account was hacked and apparently I sent random messages to people on it, ugh.

GtwoK

What's wrong with the PushBullet?

Wal Mart Details In Store Plans for Gold Mario Launch

http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2015/...store-release-of-nintendos-gold-mario-amiibo/

Directly from Wal Mart, will be sold at midnight if it is a 24 hour location, lines will be organized, 2 per person and more.

Hopefully these details will be the same for the launch in Canada. Pretty fucked we haven't gotten any details on Gold Mario for Canada. I'm worries we aren't getting it.

Meh. You got at least two coming in. Why worry? I have a tentative trade lined up for an extra Rosie I have on hand. But hopefully I can just walk in to Walmart and save on the shipping costs.

Hopefully since they're allowing 2 per person, that means there will be plenty available.

I have to think so. This is walmart we're talking about here. There's still a crap load of glow in the dark Skylanders from the first game sitting on the shelves at my walmart. They don't do "limited" exclusives.

Sora_N

They do for Marvel Legends (action figures), but that's because Walmart doesn't have confidence that they sell and they're sorta right since some crappy characters always shelfwarm forever lol.

Top Bottom