• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

lionpants

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've created a group specifically for Amiibo Canada in a mobile application called LINE. It allows real time chat and we can notify each other via posts on the timeline (phone notifications).

If any of you are interested in joining, let me know via PM.

http://line.me/en/

Maximus.

Got my Toad order in, wanted Yoshi too but I guess people ordered Toad with others in the wave, leading Yoshi to be sold out. Oh well not a big deal.

purelunatic

Neo Member
Awesome I got one! I added Luigi for the free shipping as well. I think the SMB series Luigi looks much better then the SSB version. There's something about that 45 degree angle that irks me.

Awesome. Congrats. I know you've been trying for a while now. Nice that you finally got one.

I can't shake the feeling that that Gold Mario is going to be fairly easy to snag. It's been up on Walmart.com now a half dozen times. Hopefully enough stock is coming across the boarder also.

I have my preorder with Wal Mart USA, but I would still like to get one in store to ensure it is a perfect box and good build/paint quality on the figure.

However, I honestly fear Canada isn't getting it....

We are less than 6 business days away from launch with not one word. Those Tweets were deleted for a reason and I fear the reason is that we aren't getting it in Canada. EU and beyond have no word either...

I have my preorder with Wal Mart USA, but I would still like to get one in store to ensure it is a perfect box and good build/paint quality on the figure.

However, I honestly fear Canada isn't getting it....

We are less than 6 business days away from launch with not one word. Those Tweets were deleted for a reason and I fear the reason is that we aren't getting it in Canada. EU and beyond have no word either...

Well if that's the case, then the extra Rosie will be worth the price. I guess we'll see in a week and a day though.

oilers1994

Neo Member
Finally got my account approved. Just wanted to say thanks to this thread as I've been constantly lurking it and has been a big help to me.

Almost have the full collection up to date. Though I am missing out on three of the big ones (Pit, Marth, and Villager).

Anyways thanks a lot guys and I'll be sure to help out if I ever have the chance!

I have a feeling Toad will be a Megaman/Sonic.

Hard to say really. He'll likely be the most sought out and bought out of the SMB line since all the other characters already have figure. Out of the ones that will be available for Mario Party only Toad and Daisy hasn't had a figure. I don't see them warming the shelf.

Hard to say really. He'll likely be the most sought out and bought out of the SMB line since all the other characters already have figure. Out of the ones that will be available for Mario Party only Toad and Daisy hasn't had a figure. I don't see them warming the shelf.

Well he's still up on Walmart all these hours later.

Kirtaner

Neo Member
Finally got my account approved. Just wanted to say thanks to this thread as I've been constantly lurking it and has been a big help to me.

Almost have the full collection up to date. Though I am missing out on three of the big ones (Pit, Marth, and Villager).

Anyways thanks a lot guys and I'll be sure to help out if I ever have the chance!
Likewise. Though I'm 29/29 myself!

Super Mario Series Wave 1 on Route to EB Games

My EB Games here in Ontario Canada let me know today that they have the SMB Wave 1 on route for delivery on Monday or Tuesday. So for those with preorders at EB and GameStop you should be able to confirm them early next week.

Best Picture of Gold Mario So Far

ev2v8I3.jpg

lionpants

Fucking Nintendo. Country exclusive? Really? So depressing.

These are going to turn into the Funko POP type exclusivity really soon; Silver Mario will be Hot Topic exclusive. -.-

But...

Canada is ALWAYS lumped in when it's US only. There's rarely ever a time when something that is coming to North America is referred to North America. Canada is always lumped in that.

And that's Eddie that wrote that article. He's a tool...at the best of times.

I hope so. But if they specifically talked to Nintendo then it gets me a bit worried. Gamespot broke the news regarding the email error for Gold Mario delays.

Anything is possible at this point with Amiibo.

What is the Rosalina/Target situation has made Nintendo choose to not do that anymore. Maybe we will get it after like other regions but not as an exclusive?

Nintendo had to redirect that stock I'm sure.

I never really thought about this before. Fuck!!! Target fucked us!!! Nooooooooooo

I hope so. But if they specifically talked to Nintendo then it gets me a bit worried. Gamespot broke the news regarding the email error for Gold Mario delays.

What is the Rosalina/Target situation has made Nintendo choose to not do that anymore. Maybe we will get it after like other regions but not as an exclusive?

I never really thought about this before. Fuck!!! Target fucked us!!! Nooooooooooo

Again. It's Eddie.

Yeah, Nintendo, a multibillion dollar corporation, thinks Walmart Canada (with its billions of dollars of business) is going to suddenly go bankrupt because Target Canada did. Yup, Walmart Canada and Target Canada were facing the same issues in the market.

Yeah, Nintendo, a multibillion dollar corporation, thinks Walmart Canada (with its billions of dollars of business) is going to suddenly go bankrupt because Target Canada did. Yup, Walmart Canada and Target Canada were facing the same issues in the market.

No not specifically Wal mart but I'm sure they lost some cash there somewhere with the Rosalina incident and that sparked them to no longer do exclusives in Canada.

I dunno just thinking

Top Bottom