• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

So I was totally right!

Everyone thought I was paranoid but there you go! Gold Mario no longer an exclusive for Canada (if it ever was).

I'm telling you the Target/Rosalina thing is a godsend for us! We will likely no longer have exclusives here in Canada ever again! Fuck yeah!

They are decent. It's hit or miss with all retailers online. Sucks you can't order 2 to ensure they use a larger box.

Yeah. That did suck. Now thinking back to re-ordering it. I would have had it sent with a book. That likely would have damaged the figure. Guess we'll just take the chance.

Sealtest

used rodea the sky soldier as a filler so I could get free shipping, Will most likely cancel that game and re-order during E3.

Amiibo's are now 16 bucks here, bloody hell.

The sooner the Smash amiibo line is done, the sooner I can get out of the game and save my wallet.

Gold Mario is coming here April 10th for $15.99 just got it in a PR email. Says retailers across Canada as well. Walmart not mentioned.

Not sure if this means $16 is new MSRP here from the dollar or if it's just for this amiibo

Got this reply back as confirmation it affects all amiibo:

"After careful review, Nintendo of Canada Ltd. will increase the suggested retail price of its amiibo toy-to-life product line beginning April 1, 2015. The MSRP will increase from $13.99 CAD to $15.99 CAD for all amiibo launched in Canada after April 1. The price increase is in direct response to current and future projected exchange rates between Canadian and US dollars. Retailers are free to set their own prices."

Varshes

Got this reply back as confirmation it affects all amiibo:

"After careful review, Nintendo of Canada Ltd. will increase the suggested retail price of its amiibo toy-to-life product line beginning April 1, 2015. The MSRP will increase from $13.99 CAD to $15.99 CAD for all amiibo launched in Canada after April 1. The price increase is in direct response to current and future projected exchange rates between Canadian and US dollars. Retailers are free to set their own prices."

April fools guys!!!
:(

Ok...they're still taking orders.

I managed to send something through pushbullet. It worked this time at least. Hopefully those signed on catch the link in time.

WALMART UPDATE

I was in talking to the manager of the electronics department at our walmart. He's a friend, young guy who's a gamer, and has been managing that department for years. I asked if there was any way he could check if there were Gold Mario stock in transit. He stated there's no way. All Nintendo product is vendor controlled. Nintendo takes care of all stock to the store so Walmart themselves never have any idea what's coming in, or when. This explains the incredible lack of information coming from Walmart.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
"Your cart is empty"

Already out of stock...? You blink, you lose.

"Your cart is empty"

Already out of stock...? You blink, you lose.

It was actually up for a fairly long time. But who would have been checking there in the first place?

But they DID limit it 1 per account. There was no way for anyone to swoop in and buy 100, or place 100 separate orders. So...at least that's promising.

zroid

Banned
i don't want Gold Mario enough to get it for $16. wasn't even sure if i wanted it for $14.

someone had mentioned earlier that we might be seeing $16 amiibo in the near future and looks like he was right. I said at the time I'd just focus on getting the ones I really wanted if that were the case. that's what I'll be doing.

If so then they`ll be sold out in under three minutes. I forgot how ridiculous this hunt could be. I`m gonna miss the downtime.

Nah. I have a feeling that Nintendo's putting the pressure on retailers to ensure that people aren't ordering unreasonable amounts.

Walmart.com put a 2 per account limit (not order limits) on their orders and cancelled orders of anyone who received more then that.

Now Amazon does a 1 per account limit as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So t looks like 16 is the new price of Amiibos? I was joking when I said that they will be 30 dollars soon, but maybe I was more right than wrong. :p

Fularu

Banned
So t looks like 16 is the new price of Amiibos? I was joking when I said that they will be 30 dollars soon, but maybe I was more right than wrong. :p
The price increase is less than what the current $ exchange rate would have them priced at.

It sucks though, but it's still insanely cheaper than importing

i don't want Gold Mario enough to get it for $16. wasn't even sure if i wanted it for $14.

someone had mentioned earlier that we might be seeing $16 amiibo in the near future and looks like he was right. I said at the time I'd just focus on getting the ones I really wanted if that were the case. that's what I'll be doing.
I think that was me haha

Blues1990

I felt like retiring my Captain Toad avatar for something a bit more....bouncy.

So, in celebration of of the bounciness, I got an email confirmation that my Mario Party 10 Bundle & the Luigi Amiibo will be arriving on the day that Mario Party 10 is released.

Just confirmed my preorders in store at EB Games for all of Wave 1 of the SMB series and the MP10+Mario bundle.

Got Gold Mario with Amazon Canada and Wal Mart USA.

Good to go!

Will be at EB at 8:30am on Friday for when they open early at 9am. Make sure I can choose from all the ones they have in case of non mint ones.

Top Bottom