• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Hopefully they trickle out pre-orders like Walmart did. I wonder if any of the other retailers will put Gold Mario up today.

Trying to think of another situation where this happened and I immediately go to the Rosie release. Amazon was the first to put her up for sale, but did anyone ever end up getting one from there? I seem to recall peoples orders were cancelled. Well...that being said. I think I'll try and ensure I get another order in from another retailer.

When Rosie did go up, the rest of the retailers arrived quite late to the party as far as allowing orders. Hard to say if they'll be up today or not.

Trying to think of another situation where this happened and I immediately go to the Rosie release. Amazon was the first to put her up for sale, but did anyone ever end up getting one from there? I seem to recall peoples orders were cancelled. Well...that being said. I think I'll try and ensure I get another order in from another retailer.

When Rosie did go up, the rest of the retailers arrived quite late to the party as far as allowing orders. Hard to say if they'll be up today or not.

The biggest thing is that some retailers didn't do any pre-orders for Rosalina, TRU did not for example.

i-Jest

Nah. I have a feeling that Nintendo's putting the pressure on retailers to ensure that people aren't ordering unreasonable amounts.

Walmart.com put a 2 per account limit (not order limits) on their orders and cancelled orders of anyone who received more then that.

Now Amazon does a 1 per account limit as well.

I wish this applied to the preorder limit with Rosalina. Scalpers still managed to order multiples though.

lionpants

Funny story...

My wife runs a business out of our house. I have my Amiibos displayed on those Ikea shelves in the basement. A customer came in today and said...

"Oh! Are your kids are into Skylanders too?!"

:p

lionpants

It's official April 10th!

eCNh3Sx.png

https://twitter.com/NintendoCanada/status/578270657022025728

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So I guess yesterday I was half asleep but browsing this thread because I guess I bought a gold mario from amazon? I don't even really remember but I just saw it in my email today. I was also smart enough to add in a comic I wanted to avoid shipping, go me.

So thinking now on Gold Mario and how it's no longer exclusive to Walmart in Canada. This is actually good, and bad news.

Good. For those who didn't have access to a Walmart (though they do have a webstore unlike Target) it'll give them an opportunity to pick it up at a retailer near them.

The Bad. This means the stock for Gold Mario is spread out throughout MANY retailers. When sales go up, the windows to buy one will be far shorter because that retailer will only have a small portion of what was allocated to Canada.

So has anyone (read: Byron ;) ) contacted these other retailers through twitter to find out if/when they'll have pre-orders up for Gold Mario?

tiijj

So thinking now on Gold Mario and how it's no longer exclusive to Walmart in Canada. This is actually good, and bad news.

Good. For those who didn't have access to a Walmart (though they do have a webstore unlike Target) it'll give them an opportunity to pick it up at a retailer near them.

The Bad. This means the stock for Gold Mario is spread out throughout MANY retailers. When sales go up, the windows to buy one will be far shorter because that retailer will only have a small portion of what was allocated to Canada.

So has anyone (read: Byron ;) ) contacted these other retailers to find out if/when they'll have pre-orders up for Gold Mario?

Another positive part is that if you miss one, you get more chance of getting it.

So has anyone (read: Byron ;) ) contacted these other retailers through twitter to find out if/when they'll have pre-orders up for Gold Mario?

I Tweeted the usual retailers for details. Started yesterday and did my second blast today. Will wait and see now!

jitterbug

Neo Member
I Tweeted the usual retailers for details. Started yesterday and did my second blast today. Will wait and see now!

Thanks for your hard work Byron. I missed the initial amazon orders yesterday and want to try and at least get one. Although part of me wants to put a gold chain through it and wear it around my neck.

Amiibos at Toys R Us are 3 for $30 (on the $13.99 ones) starting tomorrow. Good timing with the Mario Party ones.

Use the "CINEPLEXHOLIDAY" code online for $10 off $40.

Brofield

Amiibos at Toys R Us are $10 starting tomorrow. Good timing with the Mario Party ones.

Use the "CINEPLEXHOLIDAY" code online for $10 off $40.

Which amiibos? All of them that are currently?

So I could theoretically get Samus, Mega Man, Donkey Kong + one more for $30 plus tax?

Sorry I got it off RFD. It's actually 3 for $30, not $10 each.

You could buy 4 online and use the code so it comes out to $34+tax for 4. Or buy 6 for $50.

Too bad Samus or Link isn't listed online.

I just confirmed it in store at TRU and it does include the new SMB line.

Looks like I'm going there and not picking up my EB preorder for them paid in full. I'll get another Toad I guess? Since there are only 5.

Bass260

You guys think TRU will have the Super Mario series tomorrow? I wasn't so keen on picking up the whole set but at $30 for 3 I can't resist it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You guys think TRU will have the Super Mario series tomorrow? I wasn't so keen on picking up the whole set but at $30 for 3 I can't resist it.

I hope they have them online so I can just the cineplex code. It's likely the only way I'm picking up any of the Mario Party wave.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy charged me for my Luigi and Toad pre-orders btw

also have a delivery estimate of "as early as March 20"

Just shipped!

...in two separate shipments for some reason which is exceedingly strange. I guess they couldn't figure out a way to package two amiibo in one box?

Just shipped!

...in two separate shipments for some reason which is exceedingly strange. I guess they couldn't figure out a way to package two amiibo in one box?

Meh. I would suspect they received a lot of calls from ticked off customers the last time they sent these things out. Consider it a good sign. I had 4 figures packed in a box that could only reasonably fit 2.

tiijj

amiibo Super Mario Bros. Luigi Figure

Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: March 20, 2015
Free delivery arrives as early as Jan 01.

Customer Rating:

3.0 /5
(Based on 1 votes)

Anyone got that on their order, Jan 01?? lol

Top Bottom