• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sealtest

Anyone got that on their order, Jan 01?? lol

New website feature shows when an item should arrive or the earliest day it could arrive, Looks like all older orders say Jan 01 though, All my E3 orders do.

You can see it on all product pages now.

Gold Mario in Wal Mart Canada Store Inventory

JPpPqGe.jpg

lionpants

It sucks that FS and BB changed the way their product pages load stock information. My stock checking app no longer works for their product pages. :(

This is so insane. After I do 49/49 for Smash and 11/11 for Mario, I'm getting the hell out. Screw Zelda and Metroid.
I know I won't be able to resist those. ;-;

Gold Mario in Wal Mart Canada Store Inventory

It's vendor controlled. Walmart never has any idea what's shipping to them or how much. It's completely controlled by Nintendo. I had a chat with the electronics manager at our walmart. He's a friend, a young guy, and a gamer. He said for any other stock they can see what's in transit but there's no way to know what Nintendo is sending them.

Liberty4all

Banned
After I sold marth/wft/Villager for 281 US, I bailed on collecting amiibos. I got lucky getting in at the start of the craze but realized the hobby would eventually break my heart (and wallet).

It's vendor controlled. Walmart never has any idea what's shipping to them or how much. It's completely controlled by Nintendo. I had a chat with the electronics manager at our walmart. He's a friend, a young guy, and a gamer. He said for any other stock they can see what's in transit but there's no way to know what Nintendo is sending them.

Only Apple and Nintendo do this.

Source: BestBuy, Toys R Us, FutureShop, Target Canada (lol), Walmart, EB Games, etc.

After I sold marth/wft/Villager for 281 US, I bailed on collecting amiibos. I got lucky getting in at the start of the craze but realized the hobby would eventually brake my heart (and wallet).

Good for you.

lionpants

Oh. Is that what happened? Think you'll find a solution?
The problem is that they now load the stock information via AJAX, which happens X amount of time after the page has finished loading (The spinner animation over the stock area).

I've been trying to think of a solution, none yet.

lionpants

Found a solution! I figured out the API URLs that the product pages are requesting stock info from, allowing me to request the same info! This method is actually more reliable than checking the returned HTML.

I'll post here when they're in stock.

zroid

Banned
Well I s'pose I'll pay a visit to Toys R Us in the morning. Hopefully they have Toad and SM Luigi, and I'll grab them along with any 3rd figure I don't have yet.

Sealtest

out of all my amiibos I haven't gotten a single one from amazon.ca how are they with packaging? or should I just hope FS opens gold mario while im at my pc

out of all my amiibos I haven't gotten a single one from amazon.ca how are they with packaging? or should I just hope FS opens gold mario while im at my pc

I've ordered the first 3 waves from them without any problem. Well packed. Sturdy boxes. I have an order in for amazon as well. But will still be placing another order with any other retailer that pops up. Just in case.

Sealtest

I've ordered the first 3 waves from them without any problem. Well packed. Sturdy boxes. I have an order in for amazon as well. But will still be placing another order with any other retailer that pops up. Just in case.

hmm.. maybe thats for the best then. Apparently we can't use last guardian as a filler anymore though:( looks like FS got smart and put it OOS

tiijj

I got majority of my amiibo from amazon.ca. They are pretty much the same as BB and FS. They use the brown paper as filler and they use big enough boxes that I haven't experience having a bent packaging. Back in wave 2, I even receive a massive box that contains 3 amiibo but I haven't receive anything as big, it might just be the holiday season and they run out of boxes.

EDIT: in my last few orders of wave 3, they are efficient with their packaging now, they have little wasted space.

Good luck with the Super Mario Series Wave 1 today everyone!

I got my order of 2 shipped from Wal Mart in a 8x8x7 box. Should be more than enough space! Need that NIB Mint NA!

I'm heading to Wal Mart for when they open at 7am to price match the Toys R Us 3 for $30 deal. Will get all the SMB line with an extra Toad since I have to get 6. Even with the extra one it will be $15 cheaper than my 5 at full price at EB Games. Will get my money back this evening from them.

Good luck with the Super Mario Series Wave 1 today everyone!

I got my order of 2 shipped from Wal Mart in a 8x8x7 box. Should be more than enough space! Need that NIB Mint NA!

I'm heading to Wal Mart for when they open at 7am to price match the Toys R Us 3 for $30 deal. Will get all the SMB line with an extra Toad since I have to get 6. Even with the extra one it will be $15 cheaper than my 5 at full price at EB Games. Will get my money back this evening from them.

Heading into Wal Mart! Lineup of about 11 people

Lots of people looking for gold Mario left hahahaha. I had my pick of what they got. Luigis all had white marks on his overalls so I'll have to go elsewhere and return this one later.

They price matched the 3 for $30 TRU is doing!

They had 0 Bowsers at this Wal Mart

I've been to two Wal Marts and now waiting outside Toys R Us and neither Wal Mart got Bowser in. They had 4 of each other character and 4 of the MP10+Mario bundles.

So how many Toads are out there compared to the rest? Are people witnessing just him getting picked up, or is the general public picking up the whole line? Kinda thought at first that Toad would get scooped up and everyone else would be shelf warmers, but the other figures seem to be getting a fair bit of attention from what I can tell.

So how many Toads are out there compared to the rest? Are people witnessing just him getting picked up, or is the general public picking up the whole line? Kinda thought at first that Toad would get scooped up and everyone else would be shelf warmers, but the other figures seem to be getting a fair bit of attention from what I can tell.

Toad has as many as Luigi, Peach and Yoshi (like 12-20 per store or so). Bowser is the rare one here.

Wait...how was it $30 total for 4? The toysrus deal is 3 for $30.
I bought Smash Pikachu and Yoshi from Walmart back in February. I price matched the 3 for $30 deal (so 6 for $60) and got Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Smash Yoshi and Smash Pikachu. Returned the latter two with my old February receipt and got back $30. So the net amount I paid was $30 and I walk out with 4 amiibo. :)

lionpants

Mine just came in the mail from Amazon.ca. Toad has damaged packaging. :(

Oh well, I'll probably just open him. I'll post a picture once I have more shelves up. :)

Top Bottom