• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Draysoth

For now, looks like BOWSER is the rare one - Saw Toys R Us unpack theirs and they had one for the whole shipment. Nabbed an extra Toad with the rest, and a Link to open to round out the 6. I was 2nd in line or I'd have the Bowser, oh well!

Zing

Banned
I bought Smash Pikachu and Yoshi from Walmart back in February. I price matched the 3 for $30 deal (so 6 for $60) and got Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Smash Yoshi and Smash Pikachu. Returned the latter two with my old February receipt and got back $30. So the net amount I paid was $30 and I walk out with 4 amiibo. :)
Your math is a bit off. You can't just pretend that you didn't pay $30 in February. :D

Yoshi, Pikachu -$30
Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Yoshi, Pikachu -$60
Return Yoshi, Pikachu +$30

That's a total of $60 on the six, thus you have spent $40 on four.

Your math is a bit off. You can't just pretend that you didn't pay $30 in February. :D

Yoshi, Pikachu -$30

So you have spent a total of $60 on the six. so you have spent $40 on four.

Well, I'm still going to consider the Yoshi and Pikachu as having spent $15.77 each (I wrote off the entire Smash series already as $470.25 for 27/29). So $30 for the 4. :)

But still, at the end of the day today, compared to the end of the day yesterday, I gained 4 new amiibo and lost $30 + tax.

i think his reasoning is he effectively already paid $14 for each of those two ($28), and in purchasing them again only considers the extra $2 an added cost... so $32 for 4 might be more accurate

Exactly this.

zroid

Banned

Yoshi, Pikachu -$30

That's a total of $60 on the six, thus you have spent $40 on four.

i think his reasoning is he effectively already paid $14 for each of those two ($28), and in purchasing them again only considers the extra $2 an added cost... so $32 for 4 might be more accurate

Toad has as many as Luigi, Peach and Yoshi (like 12-20 per store or so). Bowser is the rare one here.

I bought Smash Pikachu and Yoshi from Walmart back in February. I price matched the 3 for $30 deal (so 6 for $60) and got Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Smash Yoshi and Smash Pikachu. Returned the latter two with my old February receipt and got back $30. So the net amount I paid was $30 and I walk out with 4 amiibo. :)

So they picked Bowser to short pack? Wouldn't have seen that coming. I much prefer that Bowser to the Smash one though. Looks much nicer.

Mine just came in the mail from Amazon.ca. Toad has damaged packaging. :(

Oh well, I'll probably just open him. I'll post a picture once I have more shelves up. :)

I'm covered this time. I have Toads coming in from FS and Walmart. Going to let my son pick his MIMP one and then return the rest. I'm surprised your's was damaged from amazon. Was the shipping box too small?

Kade

Brian★;156699496 said:
just a repost.

amiibo25bklv.png

Toon Link works with Mario Kart 8 to unlock the Link suit.

Zing

Banned
If Gold Mario wasn't region exclusive, it would be worthless. There are so many of them. It reminds me of the Legendary Skylanders.

Edit: ordered Bowser for the hell of it.

Ondore

I nearly went for a 4 Amiibo order at TRU because they showed Mega Man in stock and I could add the CINEPLEXHOLIDAY code, but it sold out while I was signing in. Bloody hell.

Any chance TRU gets it back before that sale ends?

I've been to two Wal Marts and now waiting outside Toys R Us and neither Wal Mart got Bowser in. They had 4 of each other character and 4 of the MP10+Mario bundles.

Is posting four times in a row really necessary?

But yeah, they probably produced fewer Bowsers since his Smash version is so overstocked. Seriously, every store has like 10+ Bowsers. I don't know what was going through their heads with that one.

zroid

Banned
went to TRU and after some deliberation I picked up Toad, SM Luigi, and Sheik

SM Peach looks really good, but I wanted Sheik a bit more. It's a Peach anyway so it'll probably still be readily available in 2017. Unfortunately they didn't have any Mega Man left or I would've finally snagged one. There were just a ton of Sonic (ew).

edit: since people are looking for SM Bowser, I should note the TRU Markville had about 3 left.

Blues1990

According to an email that I got from Amazon.ca, my order for both my MP10 bundle & my Luigi Amiibo will arrive today, but exactly how long will it take?

Bass260

Successful haul! Finally managed to find the WoN figures. TRU at Yonge and Eglington has decent stock of a lot of Amiibo - a few Toad's left and a giant WoN Metroid if anyone is interested. No SM Bowser's at all.

Also the new Peach Amiibo looks terrific in person. It's simple look turned out great.

lionpants

Successful haul! Finally managed to find the WoN figures. TRU at Yonge and Eglington has decent stock of a lot of Amiibo - a few Toad's left and a giant WoN Metroid if anyone is interested. No SM Bowser's at all.

Also the new Peach Amiibo looks terrific in person. It's simple look turned out great.
Why the fuck did you have to show me those WoN figures. Damn it. I am already spending too much on figures.

Can you get them online too?

i-Jest

Is posting four times in a row really necessary?

But yeah, they probably produced fewer Bowsers since his Smash version is so overstocked. Seriously, every store has like 10+ Bowsers. I don't know what was going through their heads with that one.

Nintendo wanted to keep Mario universe smash characters well stocked at retailer locations because they're well known and by that logic would be popular enough to sell the most. Nintendo was wrong.

A month or 2 in I wonder how plentiful MP10 Amiibo will be? They'd be fighting for shelf space with their smash counter parts. It makes little to no sense to stock stores with two versions of the same character imo. They have the exact same functionality but just look a little different.

zroid

Banned

Wow that WoN stuff looks amazing. And yeah SM Peach is great. Much much better than the Smash version.

Amazon delivered all my super Mario amiibo's today. Got 6/6 now, just waiting for gold Mario. And Damn bowser is massive and heavy, no wonder there not shipping many. He's definitely the one that costs the most to make of this line.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

What the fuck. I wasn't planning on heading out today, but now that I know the Yonge and Eg has the WoN figures..

How much for the Metroid, if you don't mind me asking?

Why the fuck did you have to show me those WoN figures. Damn it. I am already spending too much on figures.

I've never seen them online. I bought my son the Bowser one for Christmas which is perfect scale wise to his Figurart Mario. Whole lotta plastic to that figure. He's been wanting that Ganondorf though. So I'll have to hunt that out the next time I'm in Winnipeg.

Bass260

I feel ya haha. If by online you mean insane scalper prices - nope :( these things were ridiculously hard to find. Jakks shipments are more sporadic than Amiibo ones.

What the fuck. I wasn't planning on heading out today, but now that I know the Yonge and Eg has the WoN figures..

How much for the Metroid, if you don't mind me asking?

They were 19.99 :/ pretty steep I know. But these things were so hard to find I just gave in. Someone else had already picked up the other Toon Dorf so there's only the Metroid left. And none of the new 4" figures like Samus or Diddy unfortunately.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They were 19.99 :/ pretty steep I know. But these things were so hard to find I just gave in. Someone else had already picked up the other Toon Dorf so there's only the Metroid left. And none of the new 4" figures like Samus or Diddy unfortunately.

Yeah.. by the time I head over, it'll probably be gone. I definitely don't need it, but wouldn't mind it. If someone in this thread is picking up Amiibo from Yonge and Eg today and can grab it for me, I'll pay the cost plus a fiver for the trouble.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Think they'll add the Mario Party ones to ToysRus website before the end of the 3 for $30 deal? I'm disappointed that Megaman is already sold-out...

So I just impulse bought that last Metroid, since they're apparently hard to find. But all these figures and stuff are just going to be clutter. amiibo are small so you can hide them, but this things just massive and will end up as clutter in a year or so. I mean Metroid is my favourite all time series ever, but this things just too big. Meh, I'll probably have to sleep on it and might just return it if things don't work out...

I think I'm completely done with figures once I complete my Mario and Smash series... They look really cool when it's just a few, but then get really messy.

EDIT: Does anyone in Toronto happen to want a Metroid WON for $25 and can meet at King Stn around 4:50 today? Lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I just impulse bought that last Metroid, since they're apparently hard to find. But all these figures and stuff are just going to be clutter. amiibo are small so you can hide them, but this things just massive and will end up as clutter in a year or so. I mean Metroid is my favourite all time series ever, but this things just too big. Meh, I'll probably have to sleep on it and might just return it if things don't work out...

I think I'm completely done with figures once I complete my Mario and Smash series... They look really cool when it's just a few, but then get really messy.

EDIT: Does anyone in Toronto happen to want a Metroid WON for $25 and can meet at King Stn around 4:50 today? Lol

PM sent.

lionpants

I'm actually heading to Toronto today for the Zelda Symphony. Any cool stores I should checkout for those WoN figures or does only TRU carry them?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm actually heading to Toronto today for the Zelda Symphony. Any cool stores I should checkout for those WoN figures or does only TRU carry them?

Target had a very select few in (Stockyards location, way out of your way), like the giant DK and some of the micro ones, but they're gone now for the most part. Since you're in the core, Silver Snail just north of Dundas Square usually has some cool figures. Figma, plushies and the like, although not for cheap. A&C Games on Spadina, a bit out of the way has a great stock of retro games and some figures. Not too much directly around where the Symphony is, sadly. I'll be there tonight too!

The Collection Grows Again!

Today's New Arrivals

The New Updated Collection

I got all 5 SMB Amiibos with the 3 for $30 deal at Toys R Us, I just bought a second Luigi and then returned it right after and got $11.30 back. I also got the MP10+Mario bundle from Future Shop as they are giving away $20 off towards a game with it, so I will use that for Bloodborne.

Gold Mario is on his way from Indianapolis, thanks Wal Mart USA! It should arrive on Thursday March 26th.

Come on Wave 4 pre-orders!

Find a way to display them. If you're opening up your figures, it's so much easier. Get a detolf from Ikea and four acrylic risers from amazon and your set.

Edit. Oh you're talking about the WoN Metroid?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Our apartment is one big video game memorabilia collection. It helps when your significant other plays as many games as you do. That Metroid will be lovingly displayed for all to see.

tiijj

Link was added to TRU's website, so I bought that, Zelda, Toon Link, and Sheik with the Cineplex code for $30+tax.

Slippery slope, yo.

The TRU deal one is really good but they don't have a lot of selection online.

I got (all SSB): 2x mario, pikachu, and peach. With the cineplex code, I got all four for $33.90 with tax and shipping. Now all I need is donkey kong and samus. Which might not be hard since I have some rare old wave that I can trade for those and wave 4 if I miss those. I better complete the ones that I'm missing before they increase the price.

I wish they would release the pre-order so that we can get it before the price hike.

Byron are you keeping the Mario locked up inside the Mario Party package? You know you can pull him out and he'd match the rest right. It's completely sealed and carded like the others.

I am keeping him in the package, I know he is in the usual Amiibo packing inside the box. Meh, I like how it looks with him.

Will probably put Gold Mario on top of the MP10 bundle box.

Bass260

Ha, and we thought Toad would be another unicorn. Looks like Nintendo made ample supply of the entire wave minus Bowser - which is understandable - given he just released in Feb.

Our apartment is one big video game memorabilia collection. It helps when your significant other plays as many games as you do. That Metroid will be lovingly displayed for all to see.

The Metroid is SO AWESOME. It's huge and the outer green part is all squishy like jello.

Ha, and we thought Toad would be another unicorn. Looks like Nintendo made ample supply of the entire wave minus Bowser - which is understandable - given he just released in Feb.

The Metroid is SO AWESOME. It's huge and the outer green part is all squishy like jello.

You got the WoN Metroid from Toys R Us?

Is there a SKU or product number on the receipt you could provide so I can get my local TRU to see if they are getting any.

espher

Well, crap. I bought two from VG+ and ended up paying an extra +12 or so (shipping + $1 markup).

Glad Toad is available for anyone else that missed out, though.

i-Jest

Got my captain Toad in the mail today. MP10 collection complete. None of the others interest me. Now I can patiently wait for wave 4 Smash Amiibo's to go up. My only hope is that Nintendo makes an ample supply for future waves going forward.

Top Bottom