• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I had to pack in a Mario Party Yoshi as well for the free shipping. He looks super cute, so we'll see if I keep him, or not.

Aerocia

I can't believe it's still up. Either there's a ton of them, or there are going to be a lot of cancelled pre-orders.

Amazon's preorders for it went up for awhile as well.

I don't think it's going to be rare, so the prices listed by scalpers are looking laughable.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Both sold out just as I reached checkout. Goddamnit...

i-Jest

Interesting that they lasted this long. Orders were open for a good half hour, maybe a little more, before they sold out for a 2nd time. I hope wave 4 preorders will last at least this long.

Notice how accurate the tweet for the gold Mario was? I'd like to think they've gotten better at these things. Lets not forget the Rosalina tweet fiasco.

True, they were right on time with this one haha! Let's just hope we dont have to deal with another Rosalina haha.....

tiijj

Notice how accurate the tweet for the gold Mario was? I'd like to think they've gotten better at these things. Lets not forget the Rosalina tweet fiasco.

It must be the spring weather and they probably remembered to change the battery on their watch.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
X1Hfvt6.png

ohlawd

what the fuck?

my Peach was out for delivery then 30 mins later it said "redirected to recipient's new address." checked the address it said on the email and it's correct. this was about 5 hours ago. just got home from work.

So I ordered one from BB and one from FS using my CIBC card. I forgot my sister has a user authorized card I let her use and repay so I can get travel points on my TD card. I live in a different place than her and so both billing and shipping addresses are different. Would they cancel my order because the "name on credit card" is the same? Nothing else is the same though.

This is all so exciting. For the first time since I started collecting amiibo, preorders are going up. We were well into Wave 3 when I started, so knowing I don't have to go through soooooo many stores by bus to look for a Gold Mario is so exciting! :)

Gold Mario sold out while it was in my cart...

Hopefully they're relatively easy to find. There are still other retailers that have yet to put up preorders, too.

Kiro

Well, today is my birthday and my friend just surprised me with my first amiibo. Marth. So stoked because its my smash main.

*Sigh* Looks like I am now going to have to collect the other 70.

i-Jest

Well, today is my birthday and my friend just surprised me with my first amiibo. Marth. So stoked because its my smash main.

*Sigh* Looks like I am now going to have to collect the other 70.

Welcome to the madness. My advice, don't go for complete sets unless you can REALLY handle the stress of collecting the more sought after figures. Go for characters you like. Don't buy from scalpers. NEVER buy from those people. It sends a bad message. It encourages them to continue scalping these things. Guys like Mario The Plumber are the reason why not many can get a Rosalina at retail price.

Welcome to the madness. My advice, don't go for complete sets unless you can REALLY handle the stress of collecting the more sought after figures. Go for characters you like. Don't buy from scalpers. NEVER buy from those people. It sends a bad message. It encourages them to continue scalping these things. Guys like Mario The Plumber are the reason why not many can get a Rosalina at retail price.
But Rosalina is also extremely rare and pricy in the USA too.

It has been 67 days since Wave 4 was announced. Still no NA preorders. Fuck.

I have bought so much Nintendo stuff since Amiibo launched

1. SSB Wave 1-3
2. SMB Wave 1+Gold Mario+MP10 w/ Mario
3. Majora's Mask New 3DS XL
4. Majoras Mask Collectors Edition with Skullkid
5. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
6. Majoras Mask 3D (Extra Copy of the Game to Keep the CE Sealed)
7. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (April 10)
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

So. Much. Money. Spent.

Speaking of nothing...Amazon.ca just sent an email to say Toad was in stock for 13.99. Click the link, and it's 29.89 and not even sold by Amazon itself. Ugh.

Top Bottom